Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News (63816 Views)

Peter Obi Caught In Massive Lie About His Achievements! - Reno Omokri (Video) / Major Datong Abducted By Bandits At NDA Killed - PM News / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Czech Republic - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by donphilopus: 9:03am On Aug 05, 2022

[b]Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi has been caught again making fallacious claims about the value of Nigeria’s exports.

Twice, he was caught claiming that the country exported less than $30 billion of goods and services in 2021, underperforming smaller African peers such as Morocco.

Obi argued that Nigeria was “not a producing country” and has a weak export base, causing dollar scarcity in the country.

However, the French news agency AFP after factchecking him, found that his statement was false.

Official data shows annual exports from Nigeria have exceeded $30 billion for well over a decade.

Obi first made the claim during an hour-long interview that was aired on July 6, 2022, by Nigerian broadcaster Arise Television.

“Morocco is about 36 million, their export last year was over 50 billion dollars,” said Obi.

“In our own [exports] with oil included, it’s under 30 billion [dollars] and we’re 200 million [people]. Morocco didn’t export any oil.”

About two weeks later, he repeated the claim during a visit to Abia state.

“Nigeria is a country with 923,000 square kilometres of land, and a population of 200 million people. God blessed us with oil and other resources. We have over 100 million people living in poverty,” Obi said in the second interview.

“But to show that we are not a producing country, last year, our total export including oil was less than 30 billion dollars, that is why we can’t find dollars today.”

Indeed, Nigeria is the largest exporter of crude oil in Africa.

The commodity, which accounted for more than two-thirds of total exports in 2021, is the country’s biggest source of dollar inflows.

However, oil output fell in the first five months of 2022, raising fresh concerns about the country’s economic output and currency stability.

According to the World Bank, the value of Nigeria’s total exports in 2019 was US$ 53.6 billion. Macrotrends even estimated it to be $63.6 billion. Oil and gas accounted for $41 billion of the figure.

Morocco exported goods worth $47 billion in the same year.

In 2021, Nigeria shipped US$47.6 billion worth of goods around the globe.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/08/05/peter-obi-caught-lying-again-on-tv/?amp=1

58 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Vulturereloaded: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2022
Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i feel ashamed when we are looking for lies in Peter Obi as a campaign strategy, after 8 years. It makes it seem like we have failed Nigerians.

If we have nothing else to campaign with, then i might as well be campaigning for Tinubu with Peter Obis picture, since he is our only achievement.

958 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by limeta(f): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2022
At least he was there to lie
When will Tinubu respect the people and come on tv

783 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by splendournoni: 9:06am On Aug 05, 2022
But he's still better than an old fool who is just after power without any plan on ground...

Imagine continuing what this jihad government have started...

God forbid!

558 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by mycar: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2022
donphilopus:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/08/05/peter-obi-caught-lying-again-on-tv/?amp=1
If that was exported, what were the things exported and how much was remitted to the federation account?

198 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2022
Just imagine this yeye people he said 30$millions while it is 40$ million what lie is it undecided are we an exporting country or an import country always trying to nail peter obi yet you got nothing i mean nothing on him. Remember to vote for your children sake and for your families sake if u miss voting peter obi come 2023 i pity you.

481 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Viscuz: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2022
Here is the general overseer of lies

312 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by PandoraObi: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2022
Lai Muhammad is a learner, Peter Obi is incorrigible and cogenital blatant liar

278 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Ceenaija(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Forget about all these your accusations Peter Obi has gone far into the minds of people, it is too late to label him liar.

365 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by incandescentena: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu is the almighty LIAR

201 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Smithkafors(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Una candidates no dey go TV station?..... Tomorrow una go dey complain bad governance.

Peter obi for president with my full chest.

429 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Olojuobinrin(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2022
“If you are to follow the political statistics “ Those that want to vote a liar should do so , those that want to votes thieves should do so , those that want to vote the alleged drug baron should do so , the choice is yours !! Vote whoever you want and people should stop the unnecessary and needless attacks on candidates, that’s not a campaign strategy!

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by diadem10: 9:17am On Aug 05, 2022
Peter Obi and lies, inseparable cheesy

Well, He's got no achievement whatsoever. Just noisemaking and lies grin

279 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by VeryWickedGoat: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2022
He's talking about real issues that tackle economy, governance and growth.

Tinubu and Atiku have no idea about Nigeria's economy because they just want to steal.

This is why I support Tinubu.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 05, 2022
No offense intended could you please share the counter version of the News from French giving us the source for verification.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by GHOSTTALK: 9:30am On Aug 05, 2022
And this person that posted this thing has not eaten today.....u still looking for how to destroy your self wen someone is up there Willing to help u.....then u post this rubbish...

408 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by GOTVee: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I think we Christians should be ashamed of ourselves for heating up the polity unnecessarily. We Christians and Muslims should understand that Nigeria do not revolve around our both faiths. We have traditionalist and nonbelievers who have been politically marginalized all this years without been given any sort of consideration. There is nothing bad in having a Muslim/Muslim ticket if we truly care about the development of our country. We have had a Christian VP In Osinbajo for almost 8 years, how has it helped we Christians?

Let's stop condemning our Muslim brothers and sisters for political gains. We Christians and Muslims are one. I urge everyone one of us to support the Muslim/Muslim ticket for the prosperity of our nation. We Christians should learn from the tolerance of our Muslim brothers so we can have a peaceful nation sad

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by jumper524(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
Educated illetrate would see nothing wrong in a presidential aspirant dishing out lies on a daily all in a bid to sound intelligent. Well mumu go Gree cos I see no way a sane person who has knowledge on economics would agree to vote in this man who obviously knows nothing about managing economy and at same time has poor administrative skills in managing human resources.
Only focused on quoting big figures that don't exist just to appeal his guilible mumu supporters with fantasies.
Mumu Obi supporters.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by ShaqFu: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
This is Obi Peter Obi. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
Quoting figures offhand in error is not same as lying. Though he should exercise some restraint next time. But his main points are still very much valid.
Even at that, none of the other aspirants comes close to him in terms of intelligently dishing out statistics offhand.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by BluntCrazeMan: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
Make una wait First.
Let Tinubu come and tell his own lies.
Then we can start comparing the two lies side-by-side..

Meanwhile...
See Below..
QUESTIONS WHICH ALL THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES SHOULD BE ANSWERING TO THE CITIZENS OF NIGERIA
Dear Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Kwankwaso, Umeadi, Sowore, Abiola, And The Lots Of You That I Could Not Mention Here...
I greet you..
I want to ask you guys some quick questions.
If you become the next president of Nigeria, are you going to do these things below for Nigeria and for Nigerians??
Please your excellencies,
find ways to address these issues, and let us know where exactly we are with you guys...
1. How would your presidency instill the inter-personal security-consciousness and brotherly protection in the citizens, rather than the greedy animosity and selfish survival instincts that we are currently gradually degenerating into.??
2. How would your presidency convert the vast natural sources of energy in Nigeria into Electricity??
- Especially the Solar energy, the BioGas-Energy from the wastes generated in the homes and farms and sewage, the wind energy from the arid and semi-arid areas, etc.??
3. How would your presidency make the citizens to increase the trust they have in your policies and in the institutions and persons that would be implementing these policies of yours?? That is, are you going to establish adequate feedback mechanisms where the citizens would promptly respond and relay back to you on how the policies are directly or indirectly affecting them, without you as the president expecting to get the results of these policies only from the reports of the same people that were implementing the policies??
4. How exactly would your presidency correct all these impunity which the Nigerian Security Agencies are employing while maltreating and intimidating the people??
5. How would your presidency make it possible for criminal cases and civil cases (and even cordial cases) to be reported to the Nigeria Police Force anonymously through phone-calls or online interactions, without having to go to the police station to write statements??

6. How would your presidency make the lawyers and the judges to be more interested in settling cases and suits in line with the best international standards of practice, and not having themselves influenced by gratifications and kickbacks??
7. What exactly would your presidency do, so that the average men on the streets would naturally REDUCE their quests for gathering lots of riches from any means possible just for the sake of luxurious spendings??
8. What would your presidency do, so that the average men on the streets would naturally INCREASE their quest for acquiring meaningful personal values to themselves, and be thinking more about providing better life to themselves and to the people around them through the things they produce, or the services they render.??
9. What would your presidency do, so that the average men on the streets would instinctively realise that it is better to be known for something tangible attached to his name, rather than to be known for just spending money and throwing money around?? Like, apart from the things money can do, what else does he do?? Like, what does he do exactly as a living person that earns him his living??
10. What exactly would your presidency do, so as to instill the sense of self-discipline, self-control, and orderliness in the minds of the average men of the streets as they go about their daily activities.??
11. What would your presidency do, so that “Paying of Taxes” becomes a natural part of the citizens, and at the same time, becomes the true representation of the worth of the citizens?? Thus, the very rich ones should pay very high taxes.. And the lesser ones should pay lower taxes.. And then, the very poor ones and unemployed ones have to get paid some stipends by the government, until they find something doing, and start paying their own taxes too according to their earnings and spendings.??
12. What would your presidency do about the way people carry out their daily career and business activities, so that all the Government Workers (and also, all the employed workers of private firms and Individual businesses) would have active ways to be applying proper checks and balances in place, and reduce the rate at which they abandon their works to do things that are not part of their works, or to collect funds that are not part of what they are supposed to collect.??

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by sammirano: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
Obi the word itself means lie grin grin if that nigga comes third in the election, I go vex

Election result
Asiwaju
Atiku
Kwankaso
Obituary

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Tingotoe: 9:32am On Aug 05, 2022
And so he lies again grin but don't our other guys lie too? I mean Atiku and Tinubu? All of them are liars

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by BluntCrazeMan: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu wait rr
Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Tunasco4u(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Splitmind: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Peter Obi should be arrested and bundled up in the deepest prison complex in Nigeria.

221 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by OmoManU: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
I don’t even know the people still taking that one seriously. How do you want to market him in the north to start with, regional champion

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Statistics

No one quotes perfect figure

You know he is an economist and the man for the job but you just look for flimsy things against him. At least he didn't steal billions or the statistics he is quoting

Hater

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by IgOga(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Lori iro grin grin grin

Obi is really shallow when it comes to providing solutions...this is a man who openly said he took the advise of a mad man to solve security problems....like seriously...a lunatic gave him advice....no methodology just find a madman for answers

When asked on what he would do differently on education to solve ASUU strike problems...he went 5 minutes babbling nonsense on live TV

When asked whether he would remove subsidy .....he answered YES and NO.......

Datti was asked about solving security problems all he could say was WE DO WE DO...we do have solutions but we can't tell you

Obi attracts those who get carried away with numbers that are mostly lies......

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Masterito(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Ofcourse Tinubu supporters are expected to see Obi as liars.
Vulturereloaded:
Though i am supporting Tinubu, but i feel ashamed when we are looking for lies in Peter Obi as a campaign strategy, after 8 years. It makes it seem like we have failed Nigerians.

If we have nothing else to campaign with, then i might as well be campaigning for Tinubu with Peter Obis picture, since he is our only achievement.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by Moh247: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2022
Him Tu Lie

205 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Caught Lying On TV Again - PM News by OkutaNla: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2022
Smh. They've used lie-lie to swear for the guy. I mean, how hard is it to get real data about the subject matters he keeps lying about, like seriously? Yet he keeps going about lying as if he's addressing fools and idiots that'll swallow his lies like akpu without question. If the Bible is true about liars not making heaven, then I pity him. I also pity our treasury under his care because he who lies effortlessly will definitely steal as well (and lie about it).

He lies like Igbos used to back then. His administration (God forbid) will be swimming in lies based on fake and cooked up statistics and data, like he's already spewing. Tufiakwa.

40 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mohammed Musa Printed 2019 PVCs, He Is APC Senatorial Candidate / 6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.