Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man (32835 Views)

Bala Mohammed: I Told Atiku He’s Old, Tired To Lead Nigeria, Declares Interest / Bala Mohammed: I have No Apologies For Using Chloroquine To Cure Coronavirus / Aishatu Mohammed: I Married As An Illiterate At 16 – Bauchi Governor's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
presidency is not a gift they should work for it.instead of burning bridges
leave them na it's easier to be gorveno of Kano than president of Nigeria...those who want it should campaign and not insult people...same folks they keep calling slaves and backward they want them to vote for them

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by farouk2much(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2019
Never tinubu never........ We don't want him...... Kwankwasiyya amana

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by cosef: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2019
If an Easterner can not have the presidency then I don't see a SWner winning it. Let's not deceive ourselves.
If Tinubu is given the APC ticket, PDP will be jubilating already because they know they have the SE/SS sealed, it will be a walk in the park for an Atiku, Kwankwasiyya or Tambuwal in 2023.

Let Junaid not deceive you. PDP is very strong in the North as evidenced in the last election. They will not vote a Tinubu over a popular northerner in this present dispensation. Moreover elections are getting harder to rig by the day.

As much as we would like to permutate, Tinubu will not be president in 2023. The north will abandon the party and jump ship to PDP if he wins the primaries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Bizibi(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2019
[quote author=Quorax post=80497727][/quote]tinubu want to waste Lagos money on a wild goose chase,nor be abuja all of us dey.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Princedapace(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2019
Simple rule of a federating country. Never make any federating component feel unwanted, and never suppress any federating unit. Like one Yoruba writer once said, the current plan by apc may lead us into war.

If these guys think they will jointly suppress igbos, make we Brace up for another war be ghat. It is so unfortunate that we will allow these old, good for nothing leaders drag us into war again.

U don't make these type of comments man. Not on media. This is terrible. This man is shameless.

4 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Dee60: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2019
The mistake they are all making is that Tinubu cannot win 50% of SW votes in a presidential election!

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by mikykinz(m): 9:40am On Jul 22, 2019
Somebody should pls tell him
His opinions doesn't matter
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by mildflame: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2019
Difrent:

Some of them prefer Biafra to Nigeria president
So why the cry whenever other Nigerians decide they will never allow them be president, why do you want to be given presidency and at the same time wants the country to break up?
When the ibos are ready to speak with one voice the rest of Nigeria will listen to them, until then no one will take them serious

which tribes speaks with one voice?
was it when OBJ battled it out with FALAE?
or when YAR ADUA and BUHARI, or BUHARI vs Atiku?
Come 2023 southeast or South South Presidency is nonnegotiable

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by martineverest(m): 9:41am On Jul 22, 2019
same here..even as a Niger deltan
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by BENARI: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2019
Flyingngel:
If you think they don't merit being the president of Nigeria, allow them to go their way.
Lazy man. I hate victimization.

Absolutely
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by franchasng: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2019
KEVIND:
What Junaid Mohammed said is not different from what Sir Ahmadu Bello said about the Igbos and his Northernisation Agenda in 1964. Infact its a general fear in the North. IGBOphobia- (The fear of the Igbos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8
....and what happened to Ahmadu Bello after he made those useless statements in 1964 He paid the prize with other of his fellow tribalists, don't ask me how, but if you are wise, don't joke with Igbos or else, you pay the prize wink

The only Indomitable tribe in Nigeria that fearlessly faced the rest of Nigeria in 1967 - 1969 without fear such that international community marveled at their bravery and inventions within a short period of time even without any prior preparation.

That is why Northerners fear Igbos, they know what Igbos can do, same reason Middle East countries fear Israel even though Israel is a small nation, but the fear of Israel in Middle East is the beginning of wisdom and having peace of mind cool

4 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Menance: 9:43am On Jul 22, 2019
thats why your people will like being hersmen and because you know how useless and irrelevant fulanis will be if an Igbo is president, keep holding unto presidency thats the only hope for your people.. We know you fulanis love poverty alot
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Ugosample(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2019
greenguy:
Very careless statement capable of causing anarchy and civil unrest. His opinion though... but a stupid one.

Until these these northerners realise that the presidency is the birth right of every Nigerian, Nigeria will never move forward. It's his kind that put us in the mess we are currently.

It's for every Nigerian that's true
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by richiepolymer(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2019

As much as I agree that fairness has to be considered, we shouldn't throw away hardwork and smart politicking. There's never a time Nigeria will just tell Igbo to come and take presidency. It never works that way.
Will Igbo just sit down and fold arms without building bridges across divides? Will they not go round and campaign? Should they not join political parties without stereotyping themselves?

They should spread across all political parties, contest primaries, campaign across Nigeria, earn the position and you will be surprised how an Igbo man will win the presidency swiftly. Just a little effort from a smart Igbo man and the voice of fairness and sympathy by the masses will see such a man winning. Such an election would be difficult to rig!

But all the political neophytes and ignoramuses think anyone can become president by just playing the victim card. Did the bragging of Asari Dokubo and Dame Patience guarantee GEJ a second term? No! GEJ knew all these but many of his ignorant family members caused more problems for him with their utterances.

In politics, if you can't earn your way through, it means you are very unpopular!

thanta:
You keep delaying their turn to presidency and that's what slowly dividing the country ..
Give them a chance to rule than recycling thieves and Godfathers.

5 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by kponkedenge(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2019
Biety:
Igbo youths should not find this statement offensive because when this same man insulted Tinubu and his tribe most of you hailed him while taunting Tinubu and yoruba at thesame time.
Funny they no longer taunt Tinubu with used and dumped statement again, they now call him greedy.
That means reality is begining to dawn on them. SW 2023 is a done deal.
You guys are a funny bunch of people.....
One minute you are shouting we should leave Tinubu alone because he never said he is contesting....
The other minute you are praising him because an expired political is just giving his own personal opinion on who he prefers to be the next president.....
One thing you should know is that if the North keeps choosing the kind of leaders we should have, this country will never move forward.....
Tinubu will just be another Buhari

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by ORIENTATION101: 9:45am On Jul 22, 2019
mildflame:

u blab too much
blablabla latonguetongue
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 22, 2019
Herdsmen:

[s]Power is not coming south..... Talk more TINUBU...
It's Ruga for now...
When real politics begin..tunes will change..

I've been in the circle...and has had political statement from the north in their private discuss.
As you know... Politics is a game of numbers..

....I've heard influencial northern APC politician..said in a discuss..when asked about TINUBU presidency...
..say...they can't be slaves to Yorubas...with a mean sad face..
Discussion end..topic changed.. of course some yoruba's where seated.

Right now..if you're in government and know how villa operate..
Is all about fulanis from daura...is an open secret..not even hausa are considered..not even kujiris from kastina...
TINUBU Kalu and others are only pushing hard to be considered..kinda looking for favors from the daura fulanis..

Some said TINUBU is the second man in government...lol..hmmm...to an average Nigerian..
But the truth is... TINUBU ain't even the 10th man in government..not even osibanjo..
I won't want to argue or say much..

But soon ..fulanis will show their card open..all the await is for Buhari to finish his tenure..then the south will understand politics.

Some abuse obasanjo when he tried to expose the same agenda..within the corridors of power..it was his own people that shut him up..
Mere people on the streets..that don't have information on what's happening to our country..just because they want presidency..the reduce a general, 11 year president of Nigeria..the only man the north fear in the south..even made caricature video of him running out of the country..to a commoner...
The demistyfer..the great Oracle feared by the north ..

Anyway..those that knows the truth ..knows too well..
For even osibanjo TINUBU and the whole Western governor's and Abuja politicians knows the bitter truth..
But to be in good books of Baba.. everyone has turn coward.

Bro just forget power coming down to south...you people cheered the k" states dishing out million votes..and applaud the rigging..you still think TINUBU is so important in this administration..

Believe me... they're using him to gain support from Western media..and some southern Muslims..

Muric knows the truth....

Is only a matter of time.. bookmark this .[/s].

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Praktikals(m): 9:46am On Jul 22, 2019
KEVIND:
What Junaid Mohammed said is not different from what Sir Ahmadu Bello said about the Igbos and his Northernisation Agenda in 1964. Infact its a general fear in the North. IGBOphobia- (The fear of the Igbos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8
I have watched the vid and do not see anything wrong in what the premier said. Take note that he was referring to the northern Nigeria. I think this is normal and commonsensical. The yorubas will say you will first adorn your beautiful daughter before you consider other peoples's daughter- omo eni koni se idi bebere, ka wa fi ileke si idi omo elomiran

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by bigpicture001: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2019
YorubaHero12:
I think they should give the Igbos a chance at the presidency also, but they have to bring out someone that is acceptable to the country and can get support from both the SW and the North.

It might be Kalu, Okorocha, Ngige e.t.c., but the main issue here is that the Igbos do not seems to like these guys and they might even lose their region if they contest. I know the Igbos wanted Biafra but they have to fully participate in the interim before that is actualized.

As per Tinubu, he will make a good president because he knows how to select the best people and great minds to work for him irrespective of ethnicity. He brought out some of the best talents this country ever had, and I am 100% sure he will be better than Jonathan and Buhari combined.

Either way, God bless Nigeria.

Un hero is far far less a better working governor than mr.peter obi....so don't go there...

Hey..dint try it..cuz I will kill u with facts!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Glorymax: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2019
For those who do not know, there is no true Igbo person with presidential ambition as an ethnic representative right. All those clamoring for Igbo president are political jobbers and does not represent the true Igbo idea of a Nigerian president.
What the Igbos wants, first is a Nigeria that works, where merit within the geographical spread is represented. The person making this statement should know that the true Igbo person is not interested in Nigerian president of Igbo origin but believes that the Igbo person can make Nigeria to work again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Alfredah01: 9:49am On Jul 22, 2019
[quote author=MelesZenawi post=80485005]

https://www.independent.ng/2023-i-will-rather-have-tinubu-as-president-than-have-an-igbo-man-junaid-mohammed/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

You’re speaking for yourself and your selfish interest keep deceiving that old man
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by bigpicture001: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2019
seunmsg:
What is most important is for power to return to the south in 2023. The power rotation between the south and north must be respected. The two major political parties must field southern presidential candidates. Nigerians will then make their choice during the general election that must be free, fair and credible.

I laugh in Chinese....PDP will sure field a northerner...northerners will rule forever!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Biety: 9:52am On Jul 22, 2019
kponkedenge:

You guys are a funny bunch of people.....
One minute you are shouting we should leave Tinubu alone because he never said he is contesting....
The other minute you are praising him because an expired political is just giving his own personal opinion on who he prefers to be the next president.....
One thing you should know is that if the North keeps choosing the kind of leaders we should have, this country will never move forward.....
Tinubu will just be another Buhari
I think your people need your admonition more than me,they are the ones singing it in our ears everyday that Tinubu or any Yoruba man will never be president come 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2019
legitnow:
WITH DAT SAID, I KNOW THIS IS ABOUT TINUBU RECENT COMMENT IN SUPPORT OF FULANI.

WE HAVE HAD THE SAME PRESIDENCY DANGLED DOWN UMAHI THROAT TO SUPPORT RUGA BY MIYETTI ALLAH. https://www.legit.ng/1244600-miyetti-allah-leadership-endorse-governor-umahi-president-2023.html

ANY SENSIBLE PERSON KNOWS DAT NOBODY GIVES UP POWER, CERTAINLY NOT THE NORTH.

WHERE HAVE MASTER SUPPORT SLAVE TO BECOME KING?

2023, WE WILL SEE IF U SUPPORT TINUBU OVER TAMBUWAL OR KWANKWASO OR EVEN ATIKU OR EL RUFAI.

NYBODY WHO THINKS THE NORTH AND ITS NUMERIOUS PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT WILL VACATE THE STAGE IS HALLUCINATING.

WEN HAVE WE HAD A PRESIDENTIAL CONTEST WITHOUT A NORTHERN CANDIDATE?

NOT EVEN 1999, WEN IT WAS AGREED ONLY YORUBA SHOULD PRESENT CANDIDATE.

THE LIST OF NORTHERN PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL IS ENDLESS.

@ the bolded... in 1999
Olu falae and Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by OmoManU: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2019
RichBoy247:

Igbos had a chance in 1966 through Aguyi Ironsi but they abused that chance. Aguyi Ironsi issued Decree 34 of 1966 which cancelled regional government because Aguyi Ironsi wanted access to all resources of all the regions. How then can we give Igbos another chance to do worse.
U b man wey sabi, you know history well
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Debaiz: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2019
YorubaHero12:
I think they should give the Igbos a chance at the presidency also, but they have to bring out someone that is acceptable to the country and can get support from both the SW and the North.

It might be Kalu, Okorocha, Ngige e.t.c., but the main issue here is that the Igbos do not seems to like these guys and they might even lose their region if they contest. I know the Igbos wanted Biafra but they have to fully participate in the interim before that is actualized.

As per Tinubu, he will make a good president because he knows how to select the best people and great minds to work for him irrespective of ethnicity. He brought out some of the best talents this country ever had, and I am 100% sure he will be better than Jonathan and Buhari combined.

It is not done anywhere in the world.

It’s like saying a Catalan should become the Spanish Prime minister or
A Scots man should become UK PM or
Someone from Crimea should become Russian President or
Someone from Hong Kong should become Chinese President.

Politics is never like that. Those people you mentioned will turn on Nigeria in a heart beat if given the chance.

If you know the back story of Nigeria’s first civil war, it was stated clearly that Ojukwu never wanted to secede neither did he wanted war(being someone who grew up in Lagos and outside nigeria) but he was called to the east by their elders and the rest became history.

Unless the easterners accept their error and accept their bit part role for a long time while building trust amongst Nigerians instead of their entitlement attitude, they will never smell that sit.

It was because of them that history was cancelled in Nigerian schools cos the Nigerian history is not favorable to them. The civil war was their second crime against the country. The first one being the first coup in Nigerian history. The executors and beneficiary of the coup(easterners) used the opportunity to abolish regional government. Effectively handing over power to the north with bigger population. Unfortunately they keep reminding people of what they’re capable of if given the power. Nobody wants to take the risk of allowing them have power again. Not especially in this age of sophisticated weapons of war.

Obj really tried for them.

He wrote the biography of Kaduna Ezeugo(the mastermind of first coup)
It was under him that history was stopped in Nigerian schools.
He made GEJ the president(though not totally their son) to give them a sense of belonging.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Ugosample(m): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

Lol. What this man said is what I have learnt in 3 Northern states.

These guys don't give a shit about equity.

It is not like they love Yoruba but they know we are the only ones that can go toe to toe with them.

But as long as Yorubas don't insist on Igbo getting the Seat...it would NEVER happen.

Hausa see them useful only for....prostitution.

Sad but true... i laugh my eyes out when i see SE boys supporting Atiku. Even if he had entered, it would have been a couple of months before ousting Obi.

Hausa see them useful only for....prostitution.

this is a very offensive statement to make undecided
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by Ugosample(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2019
Debaiz:

It is not done anywhere in the world.

It’s like saying a Catalan should become the Spanish Prime minister or
A Scots man should become UK PM or
Someone from Crimea should become Russian President or
Someone from Hong Kong should become Chinese President.

Politics is never like that. Those people you mentioned will turn on Nigeria in a heart beat if given the chance.

If you know the back story of Nigeria’s first civil war, it was stated clearly that Ojukwu never wanted to secede neither did he wanted war(being someone who grew up in Lagos and outside nigeria) but he was called to the east by their elders and the rest became history.

Unless the easterners accept their error and accept their bit part role for a long time while building trust amongst Nigerians instead of their entitlement attitude, they will never smell that sit.

It was because of them that history was cancelled in Nigerian schools cos the Nigerian history is not favorable to them. The civil war was their second crime against the country. The first one being the first coup in Nigerian history. The executors and beneficiary of the coup(easterners) used the opportunity to abolish regional government. Effectively handing over power to the north with bigger population. Unfortunately they keep reminding people of what they’re capable of if given the power. Nobody wants to take the risk of allowing them have power again. Not especially in this age of sophisticated weapons of war.

olodo
.cheesy

a Scotsman have been the U.K. prime minister in recent times

And yes a Catalan has led the Spanish govt too

so what is your point?

Even people from the confederate south in the USA have led America
So your argument is baseless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by OsuAmaka: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2019
-Osu Amaka

3 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by pacehood(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2019
embarassedThis people be talking like they own this country. How did we get here.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2019
YorubaHero12:

Tinubu better than who, since 1999 Lagos can’t compete with even Abidjan or Johannesburg or even Alexandria or Cairo, common, Tinubu lack vision, he is a selfish man.. very selfish, collect toll gate on a village tarred road, haven’t you seen Abuja well tarred road or kaduna, look at Lagos, dirty, smelling, UAE was built in 15years , 1999 to 2019 is 20 years, my mother use to say, if you can take care of one room you can be able to take care of flat

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man by brookz: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2019
Chai, Piggies are 3rd class citizens grin grin

Who's the Mod that pushed this to FP?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NANS Apologises To Aisha Buhari Over Aminu Mohammed's Arrest / Photos From Rahma Indimi's 40th Birthday Dinner / Senator Dino Melaye Paints Washington D.C Red

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.