Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? (4846 Views)

The Most Beautiful African Girl Ive Ever Seen And She Comes From Kenya / 10 Shameful Things Ladies Do Because They Want To Be Seen As Big Girls / Funny Names You Have Seen And Heard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by queeneve: 6:09am On Oct 14, 2010
I have gathered in my observation on Nairaland and off Nairaland that SOME men tends to get macho or predatory when women are outspoken or speaking their minds.  Why some BOYS can't swallow the thought that a woman can actually be physical and aggressive?

The less talkative women tend to get the delicate rose treatment while the more spoken women get the mob mentality.

Men, do you PREFER a woman that is SEEN versus heard in the relationship?  Do you feel manly when you are talkative and your woman just an eyecandy?  What do you say to men that battle women who are outspoken?  Do you think the manhood is challenged when a woman challenges the man?

Ladies, do you feel that YOU SHOULD BE HEARD or seen?  Do you think that being seen boosts up the man's ego?
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by bxcode(m): 6:27am On Oct 14, 2010
I believe everyone have equal right to be outspoken when it comes to relationship because its not a one man show, its a two thing, but at the same time being outspoken on the ladies angle, dosen't mean you have to be talkative.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by adagz01(m): 7:27am On Oct 14, 2010
Too many roudy qestions

Responsible or matured woman need to be less aggresive when it comes to relationship wether u are naturally aggresive or not.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by xhosachoc(f): 8:46am On Oct 14, 2010
There should be a balance between the need of being heard and and listening to your partner.Sometimes in our pursuit of being heard we cross the line between putting your point across and wanting to win the argument.I always try to put my point across with in a non threatening,humble and respectful way and 99% of the time i get cooperation.Its about building the trust and understanding and knowing your partner well and good timimg!I know this is obvious but if there is a footie match lipsrsealed,i do not even bother discuss anything ,no matter how important it is!
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2010
A woman should be heard and be seen. It has to be balanced,
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by 190: 9:01am On Oct 14, 2010
Omolola1:

A woman should be heard and be seen. It has to be balanced,

Its not only balance

Its also alignment~
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2010
Alignment? lol
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Tinksh(f): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2010
In my experience few guys can handle an outspoken women. As friends, yes but not as a partner. There are a chosen few that can but they are few. Sadly, but i see it as their loss and if there where real and secure men they could handle it.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by deboski4u: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2010
the woman should be seen and heard but should not overdo it
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by MOBO444(f): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2010
@ Poster Queeneve i knew you could be a charmer when you want to be, yes i think Black women should be seen in a relationship and no heard too much, they should limit their voice.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Moralistli(m): 10:16am On Oct 14, 2010
D laws that govern reltnships in any society dictates how it's being wisely managed. Unarguably, most African men believe that women that 're outspoken 're unnecesarily arrogant!!! Never mind, Give em d deuce and call it a day according 2 ma'am Inked_poke.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Tinksh(f): 10:37am On Oct 14, 2010
MOBO444:

@ Poster Queeneve i knew you could be a charmer when you want to be, yes i think Black women should be seen in a relationship and no heard too much, they should limit their voice.

Thank your lucky stars i am not your gf!!! But then i am not Nigerian so you may have different rules for me, hehe!! wink
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by petebor02(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2010
infact i hate talkative either as a man or woman
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2010
In other words, you hate communication?
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by md4real(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2010
GUYS PLEASE HAVE YOU SEEN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE LADY IS NOT SEEN OR HEARD? they always want to be in control especially in our modern enlightened and educated ladies
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by adosjun(m): 11:06am On Oct 14, 2010
Nice question u ask her EVE,
poster, more seen and moderate talk win it 4 a lady, A lady dat talks too much is a big turn off . A lady shld know wen to talk n keep shut, Vulgar words are also bad.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2010
and if she doesn't?
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by petebor02(m): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2010
[quote][/quote]not as though i hate communications but strictly when neccesary.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Tinksh(f): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2010
petebor02:

not as though i hate communications but strictly when neccesary.

'Strictly when neccasary'? what does that mean, yikes, scary!!!!
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Vic2k3(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] Thats what i find more attractive in a woman: that is a woman that talk @ length and keep the conversation going. Given that i'm an introvert by nature i admire a woman that can take control of communication. But not an insulting woman o! . As for been seen why not or am i going to be seeing the lady only during bang time lol [/size]
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by petebor02(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2010
Vic2k3:

[size=14pt] Thats what i find more attractive in a woman: that is a woman that talk @ length and keep the conversation going. Given that i'm an introvert by nature i admire a woman that can take control of communication. But not an insulting woman o! . As for been seen why not or am i going to be seeing the lady only during bang time lol [/size]
i see, then i connect u with one,she is from Warri how about that guy?
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Vic2k3(m): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] lol @connect me. I know how to hunt for ma own prey dude. Anyway tnx for the offered help btw is she ur sis? [/size]
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by UyiIredia(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2010
Tink_sh:

In my experience few guys can handle an outspoken women. As friends, yes but not as a partner. There are a chosen few that can but they are few. Sadly, but i see it as their loss and if there where real and secure men they could handle it.

grin grin grin you is very outspoken cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Tinksh(f): 11:49am On Oct 14, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

grin grin grin you is very outspoken cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hehehe!! Yup i am but only when i need to be. I can also hold my tongue when i need to so depends on the situation.
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by queeneve: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
petebor02:

i see, then i connect u with one,she is from Warri how about that guy?

Some men like women that are talkative and most time men CONFUSED TALKATIVE as unladylike. Which to me is ridiculous, if a woman is not your cup of tea do not approach the woman nor try to CHANGE HER,

As far as being seen, Vic, I knew you would say that you HorRRny TOAD,
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by queeneve: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
adosjun:

Nice question u ask her EVE,
poster, more seen and moderate talk win it 4 a lady, A lady dat talks too much is a big turn off . A lady shld know wen to talk n keep shut, Vulgar words are also bad.

What do you mean by A LADY SHOULD KNOW WHEN TO TALK AND WHEN TO KEEP SHUT? Explain that elaborately please,
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by queeneve: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
Omolola1:

The thing is that SOME men do not know the real definition of COMMUNICATION and according to the definition of Communication:

: an act or instance of transmitting
: information communicated
: a verbal or written message
: a process by which information is exchanged between individuals through a common system of symbols, signs, or behavior <the function of pheromones in insect communication>; also : exchange of information
: personal rapport <a lack of communication between old and young persons>
: a system (as of telephones) for communicating
: a system of routes for moving troops, supplies, and vehicles
: personnel engaged in communicating

So once again, communication is deem INAPPROPRIATE by the male's standard of how a woman should communicate.

The number one REASON WHY MOST MARRIAGES failed is because COMMUNICATION is not effectively utilized AND TOO MANY LEADERS and not enough followers,
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Vic2k3(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2010
queeneve:

As far as being seen, Vic, I knew you would say that you HorRRny TOAD,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked how did u know that i want to e-despoil u?? ma secret has leaked
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by queeneve: 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
Why would you want to do that Vic?
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Omolola1(f): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
hehehehe
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by parki: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
only in naija will u see a topic like this. , . , .

please naija men never classify ursef as the more dominant or think u r superior to a woman.

whether she is heard or seen it doesnt matter, she can be both depending on her personality, everyone decide what they r through their characters including the men.

so naija men if a woman says who should shut up that is probably cos u said something stupid and not because she is too outspoken or rude
Re: Should a woman Be Seen And Not Heard In A Relationship? by Vic2k3(m): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
queeneve:

Why would you want to do that Vic?

what a rhetorical question

Omolola1:

hehehehe

U're nxt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Trust A Guy Who Does This? (pic) / My Relationship Of Three (3) Weeks Just Ended. / Photo Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.