Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over (26165 Views)

Presidential Transition Council Raises Alarm Over Fake Twitter Handle / Tinubu Nominates Atiku Bagudu & Olawale Edun Into Transition Council / Buhari To Shettima: I Will Respond To Your Statement When Handing Over In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by YorubaNiBaba(m): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of a Presidential Transition Council to facilitate and manage the handing over of power by his government.

Buhari disclosed this on his Twitter handle on Thursday, saying the council would manage the 2023 presidential transition progamme.

“I have also approved the establishment of a Presidential Transition Council, to be chaired by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), to facilitate and manage the 2023 Presidential transition programme,” the president tweeted.

Meanwhile, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, also announced this in Abuja on Thursday.
According to him, the committee comprises the SGF as Chairman, while other members are, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation; Solicitor-General of the Federation and Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Justice.

Cabinet Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF); General Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF); Economic and Political Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF); State House, National Security Adviser, Chief of Defence Staff, Inspector-General of Police; Director General, National Intelligence Agency; Director General, State Security Services; Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court of Nigeria; and two representatives, to be nominated by the president-elect

“The Transition Council will be inaugurated by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Tuesday 14th February, 2023 at 12 noon at the Conference Hall of the SGF. Members are expected to attend the inauguration in person,” Mustapha said in the statement signed on his behalf by the Director, Information in his office, Mr. Willie Bassey.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/09/breaking-buhari-establishes-presidential-transition-council-ahead-may-29-handing-over

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by PrinceOfLagos: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
Congratulations in advance to the next President of Nigeria, Mr Peter Obi

331 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by clevetom99: 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
I don't know why a presidential transition council was created by Buhari. I don't think any of the past presidents have done any of such.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by DepressedLoser: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
If you want to know the root cause of Nigerias problems, come to nairaland and read some of the topics that make front page and the subsequent comments that follow. Nairaland is a true description of what is wrong with this country I regret being born into....

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Rikze: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
shocked

Baba is in a hurry to leave office. Nigeria don tire am grin grin

But Nigerians are more tired of him.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by UselessBuharist: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Badluck is finally leaving Aso Villa.. the only good thing this man did in his 8 years as Nigeria president is the currency mop up, currency redesign and the cashless policy.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by xpressionx(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
The baba is took 6months to form cabinet is in a hurry to inaugurate a hand over committee.

He wants to go and enjoy the money he made in peace.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by shegzhkn: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lol, this werey is finally going home meanwhile about eight years ago he talked a good game about making the nation thrive. Thoughts and prayers to the citizens whose life he made a living hell in his disastrous administration.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Nairalander248: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Congratulations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Ayoola171(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Buhari will hand over to ............
Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Neduzze5(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
We can't wait for a successful transition and handover to our man, Omoluabi Peter Olakunle Ciroma Obi, the man of the people.

The President of the poor and the Incorruptible GCFR!!

Him whom the urchins and mikanites are yet to find a speck of dirt.

Igwe Obi
Oba Obi
Emir Obi
Sultan Obi

His Excellency, sane Nigerians await your coming with all of their whole being.

We are rest assured in your Presidency! We believe that your reign will usher in a period of prosperity and comfort for the people of Nigeria.

The term Japa will become a taboo in your reign because of what you are poised to do for us.

Onyechimereze, iga adiririri!!

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by SenatePresdo(m): 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
Buhari will hand Over to Peter Obi after Peter Obi gets the required amounts of votes and emerges Winner.

APC will hand over to Labour Party.

Quote me anywhere.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by thaoriginator: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
If yuh diss your motherland that means you diss your father shocked
We haffi build a house inna Adis Ababa cry
Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Great news for Obidients.

I sneaked into an APC youth gathering yesterday. I was just hearing "meh" "meh" "meh" "meh". Every single one of them was bleating like a goat and they were dancing hysterically. I just said to myself "No Wonder!!!". It is very clear that the people with sense are on the Obidient side grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Dangrace01: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Vote Peter Obi for president and

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Buhari putting his house in order to welcome incoming President Gregory Peter Obi (GCFR)

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Mrshocker(m): 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tff
Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by KanwuliaExtra: 4:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
PACK AND GO! DAURA DUNCE.
8 years of sheer waste.
THE MOST USELESS PRESIDENT EVER.
Take your useless APC with you forever!!!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Opportuneke(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
It shows he’s completely tired of that seat. He can’t wait to leave.

He would have just resigned and go back to his village so that we can figure out solutions to Nigeria’s problems in peace.

What a wasted administration!!!

Elidrisy20:
which village? Village wea dey under the control of bandits

Really?
Like seriously. Waoh!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by mbahdi(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
May Nigeria present condition fall on all urchins

1 Like

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Throwback: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tinubu is the candidate for the handover.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by atobs4real(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Baba don dey prepare to go kastina after taking us back.
Well , during his time Na him I buy 3cars

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by PastorandMentor(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Buhari wants Obi

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by PrincessofDSS(f): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
And we want Obi too

Buhari is tired of that Aso rock

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Emola12(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Congratulations to Mr PETER OBI OLOWOMIMO ONIWAIRELE olorun a gba fun e

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Mrshocker(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
God blesss PMB
God bless incoming Asiwaju
God bless Nigeria

God punish children raised with hate and bitterness from dot party.
We move

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Fairview1: 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
I can't wait to feel the joy in the minds of millions of Nigerian when Buhari will congratulate the Incoming President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. His Excellency Peter Gregory Obi.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by ubest1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
The govt don tired him just looking for urgent escape route now he as rubbished the country
Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by MissOpe(f): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ayoola171:
Buhari will hand over to ............

P.o of LP

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by FreeStuffsNG: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
YorubaNiBaba:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/09/breaking-buhari-establishes-presidential-transition-council-ahead-may-29-handing-over
Nice one.God bless outgoing President Buhari.

Two rep for the President-elect Asiwaju Tinubu is too small in my opinion. I also think the National Archives Office should be part of the team to avoid classified info getting moved away like the shame and embarrassing scenario playing out in the USA.

Asiwaju lokan!
check my signature for free stuffs!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Establishes Presidential Transition Council Ahead Of May 29 Handing Over by Whwyil(f): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali / Outcome Of Meeting By Fayose, Kashamu, Mimiko / John Fashanu Enters Race For Sun City Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.