Stats: 3,151,831 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? (2143 Views)

Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / How Can I Date Someone Like This? / If Your Ex Sends " You Will Never Find Someone Like Me Again" (2) (3) (4)

Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by InkedNerd(f): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2010
Hello my fellow Nairalanders smiley.

This question is a question I've been wondering for some time now. Before I ask my question, I would like you all to think back to when your early years. Think about how you treated and acted towards people of the opposite/and or same s.ex in terms of dating. When I say think back, I mean think about EVERYTHING--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Think about how all your relationships with people of the opposite/and or same s.ex were when you were younger. These questions applies to both heterosexual and gay/lesbian members who are comfortable answering. This question is open to people of any age group. I don't/won't discriminate om anyone who has, has had, a child at any age.

Now for those of you who currently have children/don't have children/are expecting/don't want children but still want to answer ask yourself this:

(1) If you're male, ask yourself would you want your male/female child/children to go out with/date someone who was like you when you were young?

(2) If you're female, ask yourself would you want your male/female child/children to go out with/date someone who was like you when you were young?

Please feel free to tell us why you would allow your child to go out with/date someone who was like you.
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2010
Good question! YESSS!
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by 190: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2010
1) If you're male, ask yourself would you want your male/female child/children to go out with/date someone who was like you when you were young?

Gadly if i had a female daughter i would let her date someone like myself,

reasons!

1st, I am that ideal man which any parent would personally look forward to (from all my previous relationships: all my EX's parents have always loved and liked me,even till date a couple of em still call me just to check on me despite i no longer av dealingz wiv their daughter talk bout maturity!

2, i am strong and independent (the type that i would easily see my daughter having real security with)

3, lastly i am not wealthy neither am i broke (just that ideal guy that would take care of my daughter's needz)

more to come, I have to go get sometin to eat, its 10:23am in the morning and my belle is rumbling for food~
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by babyme1(f): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2010
I will! Reasons being that im an easy going, loving, peaceful woman. I sometimes go out of ma way to make the one i love happy. Yeah, i'll want my son to marry someone like me
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by slap1(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2010
Front page topic! Yes! I ain't gotta problem.
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by petebor02(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2010
abeg jo
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by SAGoddess: 10:55am On Oct 14, 2010
Now you got me thinking Nerd. . . . . . . .BUT to answer your Q, YES, why not!
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by MOBO444(f): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2010
My answer is yes, but only the good side of me,ok.
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by bxcode(m): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2010
Yes and no.
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2010
@Mobo, Thank Gawd u knw ur bad side can make one want to poke~
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:13am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] Eh yah! I like saying the truth @ all times so No! undecided . I don't want her to get heart broken many times because of ma flirtatious problem [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by petebor02(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2010
Eh yah! I like saying the truth @ all times so No! undecided . I don't want her to get heart broken many times because of ma flirtatious problem
[quote][/quote]so you ve 4goten,what man sow shall he reap,wait lets see
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 11:18am On Oct 14, 2010
@Vic, so u'v also joined the bandwagon~
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] lola which bandwagon? [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by babyme1(f): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2010
Vick how u dey cheesy
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:32am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] Baby.me i'm cool and chilling and u? Btw u've not replied the subject or are u afraid we might find out the real u? wink [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by CaptCavey(m): 11:35am On Oct 14, 2010
Yes ke!
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 11:35am On Oct 14, 2010
@Vic, 190 and co
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by babyme1(f): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2010
Vic2k3:

[size=14pt] Baby.me i'm cool and chilling and u? Btw u've not replied the subject or are u afraid we might find out the real u? wink [/size]

Did u lost your glasses again? tongue Check the second reply jor
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:39am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] **ROTFLMAO** Lola no! I meant the real me not online flirting. I'm an addict so i can't help sha. No be ma fault [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2010
alrite o, no wahala! so u are a flirt for real, hmmmn~
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:42am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] OOPS! Baby.me sorry for that, wasn't observant much. So how're u doing? Haven't seen much of u lately or did ur bf kidnap u willingly [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] Lola i'm not soo bad jor. Not worse than u, i guess [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by InkedNerd(f): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2010
Na wa o. Thread don go wayward  shocked Oh well. . . ::[/b]shrugs shoulders[b]::
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2010
Aaaaah! would you like to find out? *jxt joking*
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by petebor02(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2010
I'm an addict so i can't help sha. No be ma fault
[quote][/quote]ha God''' drug addict'''shirt
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by jaybee3(m): 11:47am On Oct 14, 2010
Certainly not, as i would be putting unnecessary pressures on her.
I would advise her to find her own man that suit/complement her perfectly
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Omolola1(f): 11:48am On Oct 14, 2010
Awww, that's nice
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by UyiIredia(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2010
No >>> i tend to muse a lot >>> my mum(of blessed memory) and siblings sometimes complained (& still do) complain about it

besides that i've not been in a relationship before >>> (ain't interested) >>> so my answer isn't conclusive >>> it's a conjecture
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by tomaagy(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2010
Now this is one great n sensible topic i'd love to partake in,
Yeah I'd love my daughter to date someone like me! infact i'd be proud of her choice!
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] @petebor i didn't say drug addict lol [/size]
Re: Would You Want Your Child To Date Someone Like You? by Vic2k3(m): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt] Lola i'm very good @ reading people's nature. So don't pretend. [/size]

3 Married Women Are Pregnant For Me / I Don't Know How To Tell Her That My Pastor Said We Should Stop The Relationshi / nairaland Females Are Not Brave.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72