Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport (74757 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by jpmoriarti(m): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Briller:
This lady again!! Kudos to her. She is truly very experienced and gifted. I was oportuned to be aboard Airpeace during one of my flights from Owerri to Abuja and the weather was very bad. Anticipated a rough flight but to my utter amazement, she maneuvered the aircraft so professionally (even after she had announced we should be expecting turbulence). I couldn't help but stop by the cockpit for a handshake and commend her expertise, and so did a lot of other passengers.

She is in the news again for this. Well done sis. Keep up the good work.
Were you sitting in the cockpit to know for certain that she was actually the pilot Flying, that is the pilot holding the yoke? If you heard her voice, she was certainly the pilot Monitoring. She was not the person that navigated you out of turbulence. Learn not to talk out of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
Foolish Nigerians! Crash land how. Was it the landing gear that failed or because these airline are always fond of using tyres like the one below?

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Agugbadin: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
See as her breasts be like pawpaw

You are a real Enemy of Peace as your name implies, Ekwesu, Esu.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nature8(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:
tongue tongue Women are always genius tongue. We are the best

Anakogheri
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by aanuoluwami14(f): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
Chuvin22:

WHY BRING GENDER TO THIS?
Ask goggle
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by lielbree: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
Well done madam. The future is female
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by NnamdiN: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
cooldipo:
Heroine..... grin

I sell quality powerbanks that gives you value for money and can handle all powerbanks repair as well... 08-06531-6307
I got some for repairs o. They no longer charge
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Seyeblessed: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
dignity33:
Boeing 737 is a disaster around the world Ethiopian airline has since grounded there own so like other countries.

With the exception of the Max series, Boeing 737 is actually a very safe airplane. There is a reason it is referred to as the workhorse of the aviation industry and is the best selling aircraft in history. Yes, it is relatively old, and depending on the series, it is largely manual when compared to A320's fly by wire tech.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Chikelue2000(m): 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
adedayoa2:
Wehdone ma, Yoruba amaka (usually I don't do this)
so usually what do u do?
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by wonlasewonimi: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
Baroba:
She flew us from Enugu to Lagos two weeks ago, very calm and reassuring..i believe she is the only female pilot flying in Nigeria, I stand to be corrected.. Beautiful woman cheesy

Thank God nobody was hurt..

All those edo witches nko?
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by lexy2014: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
dkdmy:
Kudos to the pilot. However I hope a thorough investigation is done to prevent future occurrence of this problem

I discovered this morning that there were reports on social media and from some passengers on d plane that d plane actually "dropped" from an altitude of 30,000ft and did a hard landing. I was wondering y would d plane "drop" 30,000ft? Its either it was a mechanical error or d pilot actually lost control of her plane midair.

From my little research, I discovered that d pilot asked to use d international runway for landing as against d domestic runway cos hers was a domestic flight. Her reason was that d weather was bad and it will b safer 4 her to bring d plane down on a longer runway. She was given clearance and d runway was cleared.

D reason 4d loss of tyres might b because of d hard landing she did. But am concerned as to y and how d plane "dropped" midair. D hand landing also suggests that she came down too fast& probably over calculated d distance between her plane and d ground.

Which ever way, if she didn't have any mechanical issues b4 landing, then I think she actually endangered her passengers. So I won't b quick to hail her as brave except she wasn't responsible 4d plane "dropping" 30,000ft

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by pyro62(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Agugbadin:

It will be fixed, what do you mean by Rip. Ask if you don't know.

Oga undertaker, sorry oo
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Enemyofpeace:

MUST U SHOW HOW USEL*SS AND SENSEL*SS U ARE AT EVERY SECS.

CHANGE, ITS NOT TOO LATE
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by BluntBoy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

It doesn't take any form of genius to avoid/prevent a crash. Men have been doing it for ages without news. They have been doing it on the road, the air, rail, and in space.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Cappoditutti: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
Her father is a retired pilot, so also is her brother. It runs in the family.

quote author=Briller post=80586633]This lady again!! Kudos to her. She is truly very experienced and gifted. I was oportuned to be aboard Airpeace during one of my flights from Owerri to Abuja and the weather was very bad. Anticipated a rough flight but to my utter amazement, she maneuvered the aircraft so professionally (even after she had announced we should be expecting turbulence). I couldn't help but stop by the cockpit for a handshake and commend her expertise, and so did a lot of other passengers.

She is in the news again for this. Well done sis. Keep up the good work.
[/quote]
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by olamakinde(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:
gbenu e soun
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
She didn't lose the tire in mid-air, she lost it on impact with the runway. Poor visibility seems to be the only issue here, so how are we sure her inexperience did not make a bad situation worse.

Everyday Air Peace, until they do Nigerians strong thing like Dana. . . .

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

nah so... she come leave the tyre for house grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by fx45(m): 3:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
oglalasioux:
More of incompetence. Burst tyres are always result of hard landing.

Let's wait till investigations are concluded before knowing who is beautiful or ugly.
A friend of mine inside the plane said the pilot practically flung the plane on the runway from the skies

2 Likes

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
Maybe her dumb a$$ forgot to release the landing gear angry
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by 2special(m): 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
adedayoa2, today makes a decade you registered on Facebook.... oya send my champagne.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Puppetmaster08(m): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dem go increase her salary be dat shocked
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Mummymahdi(f): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
Nice 1. A professional is a professional be it man or woman is superb
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by kikake: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

No be lie.

Men are less meticulous in planning and execution, with mere bigger muscles and bones, than women who are more meticulous, resilient but with lesser muscles and bones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Okoroawusa: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Get a life!!
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by jpmoriarti(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
lexy2014:

I discovered this morning that there were reports on social media and from some passengers on d plane that d plane actually "dropped" from an altitude of 30,000ft and did a hard landing. I was wondering y would d plane "drop" 30,000ft? Its either it was a mechanical error or d pilot actually lost control of her plane midair.

From my little research, I discovered that d pilot asked to use d international runway for landing as against d domestic runway cos hers was a domestic flight. Her reason was that d weather was bad and it will b safer 4 her to bring d plane down on a longer runway. She was given clearance and d runway was cleared.

D reason 4d loss of tyres might b because of d hard landing she did. But am concerned as to y and how d plane "dropped" midair. D hand landing also suggests that she came down to fast& actually over calculated d distance between her plane and d ground.

Which ever way, if she didn't have any mechanical issues b4 landing, then I think she actually endangered her passengers. So I won't b quick to hail her as brave except she wasn't responsible 4d plane "dropping" 30,000ft
She wasn't the one flying the plane. Let's get this fact right first.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by densiks: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
It is commendable that she is a pilot and has a great career.

However, based on available information,it is not yet totally clear what really transpired.

There are those who feel her actions/inactions led to the near mishap while some report otherwise.

It is a very sensitive issue that involved lives, the aircraft as an asset and perhaps the reputation of the institutions involved especially the airline.

Therefore one should not view it as some kind of gender specific issue.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Legendguru: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2019
oh
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by lexy2014: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2019
jpmoriarti:
She wasn't the one flying the plane. Let's get this fact right first.

Who was flying d plane?
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Forreellinc: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2019
she no even fine sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge / Car Crushes Man Making Video Call To Girlfriend On Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.