Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport (74751 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by osewanu(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

You know nothing about Aeroplane but you are talking like you know it all

Aeroplane Tyre must also be constantly maintain

The Tyre was weak and that was the cause for the burst

Blame the Airport management for not changing the Tyre when they should

..and you know better than a pilot who has thousands of hours on both airplanes and helicopters?

..Oya, clap for yourself with your display of ignorance
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Barondval: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
See as her breasts be like pawpaw
Ur moniker just said it all....EnemyOfPeace(E.O.P)..smh!
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:
tongue tongue Women are always genius tongue. We are the best

I'm no chauvinist and while I rejoice with the captain for ensuring no life was lost, I can't help but notice that the damage in that picture was as a result of poor and forceful landing which I think the captain should be investigated on

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
igwefivestar:
why are u joining issues wit her, that woman should be ban from driving plane. How on earth did she land the plane that affect it tires? Is only here in Nigeria that pple celebrate failure.

You are right. I mention this in my previous post. bursted plane tire is always as a result of forceful landing. from the picture it was obvious it was a forceful landing because the whole shaft broke.

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Henrhyme4u(m): 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
It would have been a painful thing to lose this damsel and other passengers onboard to plane crash. All glory be to God for the wisdom bestowed her.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
specter:
Foolish Nigerians! Crash land how. Was it the landing gear that failed or because these airline are always fond of using tyres like the one below?

Mumu. Where did you crop this pix from.
You are obviously one of the daft ones Nigeria has no need of.

Before you bark like a dog go through this refrence first. Lazy youth

https://m.guardian.ng/news/fact-check-trending-photo-of-nigerian-aircraft-with-worn-out-tyre-fake/
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Cutiesleezy: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
On 27/08/2016...I flew air peace from Lagos to PH.... while on cruise, the plane of a sudden lost altitude from about 34k feet and was wobling violently, that even with fasttened seat belt, I had to hold the front sear not to literally fall over...few minutes later, it stabilized... the pilot made an announcement that it was raining in PH...bla bla bla as the reason... this episode happened twice... before we landed.... I beckoned on God for a second chance, it was an unforgettable experience. A friend still had this same experience with Airpeace, when I was narrating my ordeal to him...he said that, in his own case, people were screaming and everybody left their seats and ran to the tail side...finally, when we got to PH, it was a sunny weather, nothing like rain.... since that day, I haven't gotten anywhere near the airport
lexy2014:

I discovered this morning that there were reports on social media and from some passengers on d plane that d plane actually "dropped" from an altitude of 30,000ft and did a hard landing. I was wondering y would d plane "drop" 30,000ft? Its either it was a mechanical error or d pilot actually lost control of her plane midair.

From my little research, I discovered that d pilot asked to use d international runway for landing as against d domestic runway cos hers was a domestic flight. Her reason was that d weather was bad and it will b safer 4 her to bring d plane down on a longer runway. She was given clearance and d runway was cleared.

D reason 4d loss of tyres might b because of d hard landing she did. But am concerned as to y and how d plane "dropped" midair. D hand landing also suggests that she came down too fast& probably over calculated d distance between her plane and d ground.

Which ever way, if she didn't have any mechanical issues b4 landing, then I think she actually endangered her passengers. So I won't b quick to hail her as brave except she wasn't responsible 4d plane "dropping" 30,000ft
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Mrjo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
Tina26:
let FAAN conclude investigations before we hail her
they say she stops the plane from crashing, that's she holds it up when it was falling
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by aanuoluwami14(f): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
freethesheeple:

are the slay ones among?
Yes, those ones that slay with sense
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Mosco100(m): 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
Jesus please help me, I want to marry a woman who is at least bright like Captain Simi Ajibola.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by lexy2014: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Cutiesleezy:
On 27/08/2016...I flew air peace from Lagos to PH.... while on cruise, the plane of a sudden lost altitude from about 34k feet and was wobling violently, that even with fasttened seat belt, I had to hold the front sear not to literally fall over...few minutes later, it stabilized... the pilot made an announcement that it was raining in PH...bla bla bla as the reason... this episode happened twice... before we landed.... I beckoned on God for a second chance, it was an unforgettable experience. A friend still had this same experience with Airpeace, when I was narrating my ordeal to him...he said that, in his own case, people were screaming and everybody left their seats and ran to the tail side...finally, when we got to PH, it was a sunny weather, nothing like rain.... since that day, I haven't gotten anywhere near the airport

That is some real scary shiit. I can't imagine it. Don't no what's with them& d weather. No one seems to b taking note
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by lexy2014: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
because she's not igbo, hatered will destroy you forever

This isn't about tribe or gender. Pls read below my earlier contribution to d thread.

I discovered this morning that there were reports on social media and from some passengers on d plane that d plane actually "dropped" from an altitude of 30,000ft and did a hard landing. I was wondering y would d plane "drop" 30,000ft? Its either it was a mechanical error or d pilot actually lost control of her plane midair.

From my little research, I discovered that d pilot asked to use d international runway for landing as against d domestic runway cos hers was a domestic flight. Her reason was that d weather was bad and it will b safer 4 her to bring d plane down on a longer runway. She was given clearance and d runway was cleared.

D reason 4d loss of tyres might b because of d hard landing she did. But am concerned as to y and how d plane "dropped" midair. D hand landing also suggests that she came down too fast& probably over calculated d distance between her plane and d ground.

Which ever way, if she didn't have any mechanical issues b4 landing, then I think she actually endangered her passengers. So I won't b quick to hail her as brave except she wasn't responsible 4d plane "dropping" 30,000ft

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
Gistring:
Captain Simisola Ajibola pictured above is the Female pilot who averted the near tragedy on Air Peace aircraft that happened at the Muratala Mohammed International Airport Lagos yesterday July 23rd.

The Air Peace Boeing 737 plane lost its tyres after crash-landing at the Airport facility. According to eyewitness accounts, the incident was brought under control, thanks to the expertise of Captain Simi who handled the near-fatal incident professionally.

Sew more photos here; http://gistmore.com/meet-the-beautiful-nigerian-pilot-who-averted-the-near-tragedy-in-lagos-airport-photos

This lady Captain almost killed passengers with her poor and dangerous landing. A proper investigation should be carried out . This is an eye witness side of the incident.
“Some minutes later, it seems the plane started to nosedive quickly. But the pilot applied control, it picked up speed and then bang! We dropped from the sky to the hard ground and the ceiling of the plane dropped, children were crying."
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

Bursted Tyre was not the Pilot fault

You know nothing about Aeroplane

Eye witness side of the incident

“Some minutes later, it seems the plane started to nosedive quickly. But the pilot applied control, it picked up speed and then bang! We dropped from the sky to the hard ground and the ceiling of the plane dropped, children were crying."

Now you be the judge
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
oglalasioux:
More of incompetence. Burst tyres are always result of hard landing.

Let's wait till investigations are concluded before knowing who is beautiful or ugly.

God bless you jor.
This is an eye witness side of the story as extracted from Punch:

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Maximillan: 11:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

It's already an opportunity to show us you can do what men can do too again abi?
����
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Georgeandrew919: 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
I guess this is a way of making her trend for a while, trust Nigerians.
And come to think of it, I believe the aircraft is been controlled by two pilots.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 25, 2019
Basher8583:

Mumu. Where did you crop this pix from.
You are obviously one of the daft ones Nigeria has no need of.

Before you bark like a dog go through this refrence first. Lazy youth

https://m.guardian.ng/news/fact-check-trending-photo-of-nigerian-aircraft-with-worn-out-tyre-fake/

You are a buharist, an area 51 made. I have nothing to say to you. Enjoy your day. Good morning.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Basher8583: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2019
specter:

You are a buharist, an area 51 made. I have nothing to say to you. Enjoy your day. Good morning.

Good morning to you too bro.
Yes. I never denied being a Buharist. Check my signature.
I just don't like people who create a negative impression of Nigeria by lying on social media.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 25, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
because she's not igbo, hatered will destroy you forever
mumu. I am yoruba like her
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by aanuoluwami14(f): 6:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Maximillan:

It's already an opportunity to show us you can do what men can do too again abi?
����

Yeah
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by lexy2014: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2019
specter:

What has s guy being a buharist got to do with what he said or d topic of discussion?
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by labani06(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2019
aanuoluwami14:
yes diezeni Alison maduke is also genius and sympathetic.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by ImaIma1(f): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2019
You won't see the alpha males or woman haters here commending her
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by StyleAfos(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2019
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2019
Basher8583:

Good morning to you too bro.
Yes. I never denied being a Buharist. Check my signature.
I just don't like people who create a negative impression of Nigeria by lying on social media.

If you go back and re-read my comment, you will discover I was actually berating Nigerians for not asking questions. Why did the plane crash land? Was it as a result of a failed landing gear, bad tyre as in the pics I posted or a sudden drop in altitude?

We should not play into social media nonsense, but we should learn to ask the right questions.

That was my point. Now did it warrant the kinda response you gave?
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
Tina26:
mumu. I am yoruba like her
your father is mumu.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by osewanu(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Basher8583:

God bless you jor.
This is an eye witness side of the story as extracted from Punch:

My brother that lady almost killed all those passengers. She just got command last year.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Sazeals(m): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
See as her breasts be like pawpaw
Na wetin your eyes see be that
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by cooldipo(m): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2019
NnamdiN:
I got some for repairs o. They no longer charge

You are talking to the right person then..... We can handle all repair.... Get in touch via 08. 06531, 6307

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge / Car Crushes Man Making Video Call To Girlfriend On Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.