Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport (74741 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
YanshmasterGee:
Who crashlanded the plane in the first place?

Bursted Tyre was not the Pilot fault

You know nothing about Aeroplane
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
tyup:

Lol don't mind those idiots praising her

You are the idiot here

Bursted Tyre was not the Pilot's fault
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by tyup(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

You are the idiot here

Really? so it's who's fault o Mr engineer or you did not know it happened as a result of her landing on a higher elevation to the ground she ought to have came down a little bit so yeah she was really dumb sad

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
igwefivestar:
why are u joining issues wit her, that woman should be ban from driving plane. How on earth did she land the plane that affect it tires? Is only here in Nigeria that pple celebrate failure.

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Drhighchief11: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
The real and authentic slay queen. Keep doing what you know best...
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
tyup:

Really? so it's who's fault o Mr engineer or you did not know it happened as a result of her landing on a higher elevation to the ground she ought to have came down a little bit so yeah she was really dumb sad

You are the dumb one here

You know nothing but somehow you guys think you know everything

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:
tongue tongue Women are always genius tongue. We are the best
We?? shocked Including Instagram Slayqueens. Yeah, they are genius too grin

Most world inventions are made by men tho!!
Women are born to enjoy them tongue
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

lol, I know u people will defend her, is normal but plss u people should stop calling her a genius, she is not.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by adedayoa2(f): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ipisi:

But you've done it already nah

No big deal

But don't complain when we start our own oooo
I have never complained, all I do is shake my head. grin
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by osewanu(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
jpmoriarti:
Omg how ignorant can we be in this country
There are two pilots on the plane. Pilot Flying and Pilot Monitoring.

This female pilot was the pilot Monitoring because pilot Monitoring is the one in charge of the communications. It is her voice that was heard by the passengers but she was not the one holding the yoke of the plane.

It is the pilot Flying that navigated the plane during the time of turbulence.

She was the captain of the flight. The copilot landed on the nose wheel. I wonder why she did not take control from the copilot when it was clear he was messing up the landing. She should have taken controls instead of talking.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by oluxy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

And I love you.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by osewanu(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

Bursted Tyre was not the Pilot fault

In this case the tyre burst because of a bad landing.

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
tyup:

God bless, that lady should be ban from driving even Keke. She is too dumb, abi they sent her to kill people?
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by nextstep(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
I'm usually first to praise the captain, but there appears to have been some issues here. Caveat, I'm writing this from the comfort of my office on the ground, not in an airplane in turbulent air.

1 - bad weather and poor visibility were the cause of the hard landing. Captain should have aborted since the final approach wasn't stabilized and vertical velocity was too high.

2 - the hard landing caused the tire strut to break. The tire didn't burst, and there are pictures of it fully intact in the bushes.
https://twitter.com/thecableng/status/1153710666236256256

3 - thankfully nobody was hurt, but the pilot should be sent for more training... there are pilots who have landed safely in worse conditions.

4 - Air Peace should write off this plane now. Hard landings have a way of causing mid-air accidents in later flights. Even if it flies well for 100, an accident can occur at the 101st that will be traced to this event. Lookup JAL 123, a fatal accident traced to an earlier hard landing 7 years earlier.

5 - international runway needs to be repaired ASAP, properly cleared of debris; and domestic runway should be extended and widened.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

Mr know all about Aeroplane take me anywhere, it is her fault she didn't land well.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by adedayoa2(f): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ipisi:

But you've done it already nah

No big deal

But don't complain when we start our own oooo
I have never complained o, I just shake my head sha
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
osewanu:

In this case the tyre burst because of a bad landing.
instead of praising God, people keep on defending the dump pilot.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
igwefivestar:
lol, I know u people will defend her, is normal but plss u people should stop calling her a genius, she is not.

She is a genius

The Tyre Bursted because it was weak

Blame the Airport management for not changing the Tyre when they should
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Curry30: 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
Good job captain. Many pilots wouldn't have handled the situation well but she did and credit must be given to her.

Good to hear heroic refreshing news for once. Not everyday killings and deaths. God bless you pilot.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
igwefivestar:
Mr know all about Aeroplane take me anywhere, it is her fault she didn't land well.

The Aircraft Tyre Bursted because it was weak

Blame the Airport management for not changing the Tyre when they suppose to

Aeroplane Tyre must also be properly maintain

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by SheikhMuniru(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
Who Is Her Husband??
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

She is a genius
she is ur genius not mine, she can only be my genius if she learn from her mistakes that nearly kill a lot of people.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by shogsman(m): 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
The plane was bound to land like that, no big deal,is the plane going to land sideways because of a tire burst.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by 12345baba(m): 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
Dey done dey leak tire for hanger. Yoruba nwere mmadu! Yoruba kwenu
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

The Aircraft Tyre Bursted because it was weak

Blame the Airport management for not changing the Tyre when they suppose to

lol, it seems this lady is related to u, this one u are defending with all ur strength. I wish she do the same to u when u need it, the world would have been a better place.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
osewanu:

She was the captain of the flight. The copilot landed on the nose wheel. I wonder why she did not take control from the copilot when it was clear he was messing up the landing. She should have taken controls instead of talking.

You know nothing about Aeroplane but you are talking like you know it all

Aeroplane Tyre must also be constantly maintain

The Tyre was weak and that was the cause for the burst

Blame the Airport management for not changing the Tyre when they should
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Osezzua(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
I beg to disagree, she may have been responsible for the near miss. This incident looks like the outcome of landing in poor visibility condition. She must have slammed the plane on the runway with a force greater than the nominal landing weight(force) of that aircraft, hence the damage to the aircraft's tires.
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by bonnyhope: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
aanuoluwami14:

keep quiet

most of you have nothing to offer except few like about 0.01%
Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
igwefivestar:
lol, it seems this lady is related to u, this one u are defending with all ur strength. I wish she do the same to u when u need it, the world would have been a better place.

Shut up

I am just piss at you guys ignorance

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by Elemosho478: 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
igwefivestar:
she is ur genius not mine, she can only be my genius if she learn from her mistakes that nearly kill a lot of people.

That was not her fault

Aeroplane Tyre must also be properly maintain and change when due

Blame the Airport management

Aeroplane Tyre can also fail

Re: Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport by igwefivestar(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
Elemosho478:

Shut up

I am just piss at you guys ignorance

lol me shut up? I like u shall, u will make a good lawyer, defending with fact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.