Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife (728 Views)

Can A Man And A Woman Be Friends / Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / Staring At An Ass Should Be Encouraged Not Demonised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by NeekolazWorld(m): 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
I know this topic is quite funny but it's reality. My good friend has a serious girlfriend who is already like a wife to him. They are not legally married per say but they live together, have a baby together and both families know about their relationship and have already taken them as husband and wife but just waiting for them to decide to do a wedding anytime convenient for them.

My guy really wants to Wed her but he is worried about just one thing which is, the girl doesn't like going out, working or being far away from home except she is going to hospital or to see her parents with the baby. She is actually a lady that takes good care of their home and she just love everything house core as long as the guy gives her some money to cook and buys necessary things in the house, she is very okay.

Another funny thing about her is that she is not materialistic at all. No time for making hair, doing makeup or certain things like that. She is so content with any amount of money she is given and just use it more on buying stuffs for the house and baby. She doesn't even go shopping like that, but she buys nice second hand stuffs for herself and the baby and she is just so simple and natural.

As a man he is living very okay as the lady is taking good care of him at home and he has a very settled mind knowing that his woman doesn't go anywhere or mingle like that let alone meeting any guy that will make her cheat. But his problem is, he can't be the only one bringing money all the time because sometimes things are not so good when expenses are much so he wants her to at least start a business even if its close to their home so it won't stress her but at least she can also be making some money to support the home.

On her own side she says she doesn't want to run any business because of the baby that is 6months old now so we are trying to encourage her to do something that won't be so stressful for her and also close to the home so she can still find herself close to home and don't feel stressed trying to always go somewhere far from home because of business.

I believe there are matured people here that can help with some advice on how we can encourage her to do something and also support her to make it successful.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by xendra: 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
nawa o
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Paxie55: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2019
grin tell your guy to hustle and have many streams of income.

The lady is doing her wifey duty, your friend should also do his part and not complain.

Lazy man.
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
By

1. Building her self-worth [she has none];

2. Having goals she is striving to achieve for her own fulfillment;

3. Realizing that sitting on her behind waiting for her man's money is a slap in the face to Joslyn Gage, Lucy Stone, Susan B. Anthony and the several game-changers who fought for her right to vote, to work, to own property, to be educated, and the plenty of things she can do;

4. Realizing that should the man be removed from the picture she would ultimately have to fend for herself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by lilmax(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
theButterfly:
By

1. Building her self-worth, as she has none,

2. Having goals she is striving to achieve for her own fulfillment

3. Realizing that sitting on her behind waiting for her man's money is a slap in the face to Joslyn Gage, Lucy Stone, Susan B. Anthony and the several game-changers who fought for her right to vote, to work, to own property, to be educated, and the plenty of things they fought for b|c of her

4. If the man were removed from the picture she would ultimately have to fend for herself.

@op please discard this crappy post, its not needed here
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Kenoxman(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
Everybody is not programmed to be leaving the house in the morning and returning in the evening in the name of work. Some are meant to work from home. There are ppl who ar not comfortable with the demands of a regular job because of the time, stress, etc.
Personally, I'm not the regular job person cos I love doing things dat allow me flexibility of tym, so I chose to run a poultry farm.
let her learn a skill dat will giv her the chance to work from home. Such as cake making, bead making, snacks, makeup/makeover,even tailoring can be done from home if she sabi Ppl,even online biz is not ruled out, distribution of essential commodities.... In fact the list is endless.
All the best
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
lilmax:
@op please discard this crappy post, its not needed here

I'd like you to Google those names you bolded and tell us exactly why his post should be discarded.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by EditorsPalace(m): 12:13am On Jul 25, 2019
Find her a job of course, or let her go to school and get educated, or establish a business for her.
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 4:57am On Jul 25, 2019
Oops. I read the topic wrong...
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 5:00am On Jul 25, 2019
Well, isn't she the 'ideal' woman... And she's what some men desire.

I think it's a mindset/personality thing first—for those suggesting that she should get a job, learn a skill, go to school and all that. It's not as if she *can't*. Nothing is holding her back. The OP says they've told her all that and is asking about how to encourage her (to work, go out and do things).

It's her thinking, and theButterfly's comment list some great ways to change that.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 5:03am On Jul 25, 2019
Paxie55:

The lady is doing her wifey duty, your friend should also do his part and not complain.

Lazy man.

Lol... if that's not what he wants nko?

But sha, you're right in a way. That's how it is with the defined roles of each gender.

theButterfly:
By

1. Building her self-worth [she has none];

2. Having goals she is striving to achieve for her own fulfillment;

3. Realizing that sitting on her behind waiting for her man's money is a slap in the face to Joslyn Gage, Lucy Stone, Susan B. Anthony and the several game-changers who fought for her right to vote, to work, to own property, to be educated, and the plenty of things she can do;

4. Realizing that should the man be removed from the picture she would ultimately have to fend for herself.

@ no.4, on point. Anything could happen. Wouldn't she find a way to meet her needs then any way?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
Paxie55:

Lazy man.
That man is not lazy if he has been taking care of her, their child and paying all their bills in the home. He can't afford to continue fending for all their expenses by himself, esp. when they rise, which is understandable and which is why he's urging her to start a business [that he would fund]. He's considerate enough to tell her it could be close to their home to avoid stressing her. He seems like a good guy and she should lighten the load off him and help him out with their expenses.
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Lol... if that's not what he wants nko?

But sha, you're right in a way. That's how it is with the defined roles of each gender.

@ no.4, on point. Anything could happen. Wouldn't she find a way to meet her needs then any way?

I wonder. That's when she would be running around helter-skelter looking for who to borrow money from. Or more likely, be waiting for people to come drop money at her feet b|c that's how she is now. Even if she doesn't want to work for her own goals as a woman, or to help out the man, she should think of her child and his future should anything unanticipated happen. Anyway, make I sip my glass of MYOB. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
Paxie55:

Lazy man.
You are just so amazingly wicked

Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Paxie55: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
MariaLavina:
You are just so amazingly wicked
Lol. Sweet, longest time ni.
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
Paxie55:
Lol. Sweet, longest time ni.
Lol... I dey where you put me nah. cry
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Paxie55: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
MariaLavina:
Lol... I dey where you put me nah. cry
Lol. Nne, many things on my head.

We are observing 7 days rain here in Owerri.

How's work?
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
Paxie55:
Lol. Nne, many things on my head.
We are observing 7 days rain here in Owerri.
How's work?
Many things on your head ke? Are you buhari? grin
Wao, I hope that won't lead to flooding? Work dey ooo, we dey push am.
Re: How Can A Woman Be Encouraged Not To Be A House Wife by Paxie55: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
MariaLavina:
Many things on your head ke? Are you buhari? grin

Wao, I hope that won't lead to flooding? Work dey ooo, we dey push am.
Lol.
Thank God for you dear.

Enjoy.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Date Her If She Has Any Of These Qualities / Mine Gelfwend Said I Should Watch 18+ / Owner Of House Takes Out Roof And Door Of Tenant For Owing Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.