Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama (56745 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Ugosample(m): 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
SoftP:
Balling with her hubby, While most of the feminist who took her advice slapped their husbands and were driven out of their matrimonial himes

Do what i say , not what i do...

you are off point.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Ugosample(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Joecristiano7:
awon feminist don marry ooo...make some gals go dey mumu themselves with feminism

who told you feminists detests marriage?
or detest men?

Ignorance is rife in my country mehn lipsrsealed

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by sandali: 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
cyndy1000:
When you are born to be Great your go Places

Yes indeed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by idonhammer: 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pls remove my name from your list..I am a Palm wine dealer. I no go school talkless of being a politician.

NoSidonLook:
What an Amazon cheesy

What an African icon cheesy

Pacesetter cheesy

I find it hard to believe people like Late Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Okonjo-Iweala, Chimamanda Adichie, etc comes from same nation as people like Buhari, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie and their likes

I spit on who dragged Nigerians down to be ruled by pigs
angry

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by adecz: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
Dis gehl don go far..... Kudos!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Omoslim26: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
I don't usually do dis bt m moved to say IGBO AMAKA LOL�� NIGERIA AMAKA

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by ofiko123(m): 11:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nice one...beautiful people...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Magnoliaa(f): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
Joecristiano7:
awon feminist don marry ooo...make some gals go dey mumu themselves with feminism

So, in your small mind, feminism is against marriage?

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by nnaeyes6: 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Where is the dining table?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Menance: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Both Igbos
Igbo Amaka Nwanne
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by BluntBoy(m): 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Fingerprinter:
The first Chimamanda's book I read was Half of a Yellow Sun.

After reading the book, I concluded she is one of the most intelligent persons alive.

There is a relationship between creativity and intelligence

Adichie is certainly very creative, but she is certainly not one of the most intelligent by virtue of a book. If you are looking for the most intelligent people on earth, you might want to look in the fields of science such as mathematics, physics, and medicine.

One difference between Adichie and a Nobel prize winner in chemistry is that Adichie is able to refurbish old stories and tell them afresh (creativity), while the Nobel prize winner in chemistry is able to apply acquired knowledge into solving problems (intelligence).

Intelligence plays a huge part in creativity but being creative does not equate to having a super high IQ.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
And yet she still choose to travel with the Nigerian passport.
That is patriotism. Who don big don big.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
BluntBoy:

Adichie is certainly very creative, but she is certainly not one of the most intelligent by virtue of a book. If you are looking for the most intelligent people on earth, you might want to look in the fields of science such as mathematics, physics, and medicine.

One difference between Adichie and a Nobel prize winner in chemistry is that Adichie is able to refurbish old stories and tell them afresh (creativity), while the Nobel prize winner in chemistry is able to apply acquired knowledge into solving problems (intelligence).

Intelligence plays a huge part in creativity but being creative does not equate to having a super high IQ.
Bull.

Creativity is the highest mental realm. The greatest and most sophisticated inventions of man were born from creativity.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
And some are here doing man know man and connections in Nigeria. This is a lesson for Nepotistic and opportunist kids of the thieving politicians. Even your parents can't have dinner with Obama.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by BluntBoy(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
TSRC:

Bull.

Creativity is the highest mental realm. The greatest and most sophisticated inventions of man were born from creativity.

Check my post again. I am not ranking them. Rather, I am explaining their differences.

Being creative does not automatically mean that you have a high IQ. That is the point. My intentions were never to rank one above the other.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Princeton92(m): 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
#Respect....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
BluntBoy:

Check my post again. I am not ranking them. Rather, I am explaining their differences.

Being creative does not automatically mean that you have a high IQ. That is the point. My intentions were never to rank one above the other.
You can be intelligent without being creative.
But you cannot be creative without being intelligent.

And the higher your IQ, the more sophisticated your creations become.

This theory is more profound especially in the arts as evidenced by the lives of Leonardo DA Vinci, Michelangelo, Handel, Beethoven, e.t.c.

These men are some of the most intelligent men to ever live.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by BluntBoy(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2019
TSRC:

You can be intelligent without being creative.
But you cannot be creative without being intelligent.

And the higher your IQ, the more sophisticated your creations become.

This theory is more profound especially in the arts as evidenced by the lives of Leonardo DA Vinci, Michelangelo, Handel, Beethoven, e.t.c.

These men are some of the most intelligent men to ever live.

Read my first post. I wrote that intelligence and creativity share a relationship. But to say Adichie is one of the most intelligent persons by virtue of a novel is mere exaggeration.

As a matter of fact, writers (aside technical writers) are not known to perform very well on the intelligence scales. There is hardly many things they can manage.

Leonardo da Vinci was a polymath. He was as much of a scientist as he was an artist. And no, Beethoven and the others were never regarded as some of the most intelligent. They were described as very creative. If you were talking about some of the most intelligent people to ever live, you would be talking about people like Pythagoras, Galileo Galilei, Nicolaus Copernicus, and many others whose works revolutionized learning and solved problems.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2019
The Democrats in America is working over time to get us to like them, they noticed Nigerians like Trump, first Beyonce and her album features, then Burna Boy performance in Jimmy kimmel and now this. Obama that did nothing for Nigerian Christians during his tenure.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 26, 2019
@Chimamanda deserves to dine even with the Queen... One of the few women in Nigeria I respect and not all those ones snapping in bikini... More heights dear(Chimamanda).

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 12:08am On Jul 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

Read my first post. I wrote that intelligence and creativity share a relationship. But to say Adichie is one of the most intelligent persons by virtue of a novel is mere exaggeration.

As a matter of fact, writers (aside technical writers) are not known to perform very well on the intelligence scales. There is hardly many things they can manage.

Leonardo da Vinci was a polymath. He was as much of a scientist as he was an artist. And no, Beethoven and the others were never regarded as some of the most intelligent. They were described as very creative. If you were talking about some of the most intelligent people to ever live, you would be talking about people like Pythagoras, Galileo Galilei, Nicolaus Copernicus, and many others whose works revolutionized learning and solved problems.
Adichie is highly intelligent. One of the most intelligent women alive.
That is a fact even Harvard and Yale agrees with as she is the first African to ever be nominated to give a class day speech in both highly esteemed ivory towers.

Her literary works are brilliant piece of art that further re-enforces that theory.

Both of her TED talks are two of the most viewed and sophisticated ted talks of all time.
"The dangers of a single story" speech she gave on TeD talk is magnificently cerebral.

I want to assume you are objective, but your post history gives you away.
I will keep watching.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by BluntBoy(m): 12:24am On Jul 26, 2019
TSRC:

Adichie is highly intelligent. One of the most intelligent women alive.
That is a fact even Harvard and Yale agrees with as she is the first African to ever be nominated to give a class day speech in both highly esteemed ivory towers.

Her literary works are brilliant piece of art that further re-enforces that theory.

Both of her TED talks are two of the most viewed and sophisticated ted talks of all time.
"The dangers of a single story" speech she gave on TeD talk is magnificently cerebral.

I want to assume you are objective, but your post history gives you away.
I will keep watching.

So giving great speeches is now another genius stuff? I don't suppose Einstein was an orator and yet he was such an intelligent fellow.

Adichie is a good writer. But frankly, there is nothing special about her 3 novels. Her themes never go beyond love, racism, and feminism. She has never tried anything new. Her novels read at best as Mills and Boons, only more serious, especially Americanah where she tried to put racism and hair into a bland love story.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by oilyngbati(m): 12:28am On Jul 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

grin Yolioba Muslim don show grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

So giving great speeches is now another genius stuff? I don't suppose Einstein was an orator and yet he was such an intelligent fellow.

Adichie is a good writer. But frankly, there is nothing special about her 3 novels. Her themes never go beyond love, racism, and feminism. She has never tried anything new. Her novels read at best as Mills and Boons, only more serious, especially Americanah where she tried to put racism and hair into a bland love story.

Mr man, I don't know the kind of tribal induced bad Belle you have.
She is an artist not an.engineer.
Her brilliance is.showcased in arts.
And the rest of the world respects her intelligence.
All Her books are best sellers, even if you don't like them for whatever reason.

Her speeches are not just good. They are cerebral as expected from a highly intelligent artist.

I would take the opinion of Harvard and Yale over a nairalander whose post history is the definition of bigotry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 12:36am On Jul 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg&t=915s

Listen to this and tell us if you have heard anything as intelligent in a while.

This lecture has been analyzed and re-analyzed by many western think-tanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by BluntBoy(m): 12:41am On Jul 26, 2019
TSRC:

Mr man, I don't know the kind of tribal induced bad Belle you have.
She is an artist not an.engineer.
Her brilliance is.showcased in arts.
And the rest of the world respects her intelligence.
All Her books are best sellers, even if you don't like them for whatever reason.

Her speeches are not just good. They are cerebral as expected from a highly intelligent artist.

I would take the opinion of Harvard and Yale over a nairalander whose post history is the definition of bigotry.

When did Harvard and Yale describe her as intelligent?

Even the badly written The Da Vinci Code is a best seller. Does that mean that Dan Brown, in spite of his poor grammar and blatant historical inaccuracies, is one of the most intelligent men?

Best sellers are exactly what they are. They do well in the market not necessarily because of their brilliance.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by BluntBoy(m): 12:50am On Jul 26, 2019
TSRC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg&t=915s

Listen to this and tell us if you have heard anything as intelligent in a while.

This lecture has been analyzed and re-analyzed by many western think-tanks.

Perhaps, you don't read a lot. That is why you are stuck on this bland lecture. Read more, my friend. Ever listened to an economist recently?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by peacesamuel94(m): 1:16am On Jul 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

Perhaps, you don't read a lot. That is why you are stuck on this bland lecture. Read more, my friend. Ever listened to an economist recently?

Intelligence of course is never the same thing as creativity, and any right thinking person should know that it takes the former to get to the latter.
How can you say someone is creative but not very intelligent. And what is even your definition of intelligence? What makes you think that scientists hold any kind of intellectual superiority over artists, "because their works seem spooky and difficult to grasp, hence they should and must be regarded as more intelligent, is too haughtily ignorant a line of argument I must say.
Adichie would certainly go down as one of the most intelligent figures ever to contribute to.literature in Africa and the world at large, trying to argue against that reality would By consequence, unintendedly make one sound stupid and sincerely so.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 26, 2019
NoSidonLook:
What an Amazon cheesy

What an African icon cheesy

Pacesetter cheesy

I find it hard to believe people like Late Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Okonjo-Iweala, Chimamanda Adichie, etc comes from same nation as people like Buhari, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie and their likes

I spit on who dragged Nigerians down to be ruled by pigs
angry

That Afonja Muslim with frog eyesgrin grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by StyleAfos(m): 2:17am On Jul 26, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) / Revived / How I was Scammed by Facebook Sugar Mummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.