Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama (56723 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by raindrop99: 2:28am On Jul 26, 2019
peacesamuel94:

Intelligence of course is never the same thing as creativity, and any right thinking person should know that it takes the former to get to the latter.
How can you say someone is creative but not very intelligent. And what is even your definition of intelligence? What makes you think that scientists hold any kind of intellectual superiority over artists, "because their works seem spooky and difficult to grasp, hence they should and must be regarded as more intelligent, is too haughtily ignorant a line of argument I must say.
Adichie would certainly go down as one of the most intelligent figures ever to contribute to.literature in Africa and the world at large, trying to argue against that reality would By consequence, unintendedly make one sound stupid and sincerely so.
Scientists are regarded as the most intelligent and creative peeps on planet earth..

Their discovries and inventions forms the basics of industrialization and civilization which the whole world can be thankful for
Take 4 instance, the likes of M. Faraday that invented electricity, peeps that invented mobile phone, television, internet, cars and other earth moving equipments etc. without these things, we would still be living in the stone age.

Novels and speeches has never been seen as the bedrock for industrialization and national development but science and technology is and will always be..
Though i consider Adichie as role model sha

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by KingOdart(m): 2:40am On Jul 26, 2019
oilyngbati:
grin Yolioba Muslim don show grin

This statement prove you have nothing inside your brain
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 2:46am On Jul 26, 2019
BluntBoy:

Perhaps, you don't read a lot. That is why you are stuck on this bland lecture. Read more, my friend. Ever listened to an economist recently?
Ogbeni, you are a bigot.
I just decided to humour you and you did not prove me wrong.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 2:50am On Jul 26, 2019
raindrop99:

Scientists are regarded as the most intelligent and creative peeps on planet earth..

Their discovries and inventions forms the basics of industrialization and civilization which the whole world can be thankful for
Take 4 instance, the likes of M. Faraday that invented electricity, peeps that invented mobile phone, television, internet, cars and other earth moving equipments etc. without these things, we would still be living in the stone age.

Novels and speeches has never been seen as the bedrock for industrialization and national development but science and technology is and will always be..
Though i consider Adichie as role model sha
Science and technology is not the only sign of a developed society.

Even the whites that developed modern science also developed arts as well.
They don't joke with their arts because it is the seat of their civilisation.

Beethoven, Handel, Michelangelo, Schubert,Tolstoy, Twain are worshipped in Europe as much as Einstein or Newton.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by MoneyMan5: 3:05am On Jul 26, 2019
TSRC:

Science and technology is not the only sign of a developed society.

Even the whites that developed modern science also developed arts as well.
They don't joke with their arts because it is the seat of their civilisation.

Beethoven, Handel, Michelangelo, Schubert,Tolstoy, Twain are worshipped in Europe as much as Einstein or Newton.

But Science and Technology is more important and no one have to tell you that if you have brain unless you want to continue arguing blindly
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by ogbonti: 3:12am On Jul 26, 2019
All you having orgasm that the shameless feminist, unrepentant liberal, gay rights activist and grand antagonist of Africa patrimony - Chimamanda Adichie having a photo op with the most useless president in American history Barack Obama, should be ashamed of yourselves. This is Obama who did not visit Nigeria all thru his time in the white house until now, and placed arms embargo on us while Boko Haram decimated our people all because GEJ refused Gay rights
In Nigeria. Shame on all of you!!!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Omudia11: 3:14am On Jul 26, 2019
Mumu. Keep hating feminists like they're the cause of your frustration in life.
Joecristiano7:
awon feminist don marry ooo...make some gals go dey mumu themselves with feminism

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by WeRblessed(f): 3:16am On Jul 26, 2019
Kingrexyl:
So she married a white man or mixed man

She married an Igbo man that is light in complexion. The guy is also a surgeon.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by WeRblessed(f): 3:18am On Jul 26, 2019
ogbonti:
All you having orgasm that the shameless feminist, unrepentant liberal, gay rights activist and grand antagonist of Africa patrimony - Chimamanda Adichie having a photo op with the most useless president in American history Barack Obama, should be ashamed of yourselves. This is Obama who did not visit Nigeria all thru his time in the white house until now, and placed arms embargo on us while Boko Haram decimated our people all because GEJ refused Gay rights
In Nigeria. Shame on all of you!!!!!

Mr righteousness. To you now you make sense. Shame on you!

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by anonimi: 3:40am On Jul 26, 2019
NoSidonLook:
What an Amazon cheesy

What an African icon cheesy

Pacesetter cheesy

I find it hard to believe people like Late Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Okonjo-Iweala, Chimamanda Adichie, etc comes from same nation as people like Buhari, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie and their likes

I spit on who dragged Nigerians down to be ruled by pigs
angry

We all have to do more than spitting to have less of the useless people ruining us in the guise of running the country.
What can you do?
What are you doing

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by anonimi: 3:43am On Jul 26, 2019
ogbonti:
All you having orgasm that the shameless feminist, unrepentant liberal, gay rights activist and grand antagonist of Africa patrimony - Chimamanda Adichie having a photo op with the most useless president in American history Barack Obama, should be ashamed of yourselves. This is Obama who did not visit Nigeria all thru his time in the white house until now, and placed arms embargo on us while Boko Haram decimated our people all because GEJ refused Gay rightsIn Nigeria. Shame on all of you!!!!!

So Buhari was supported because he accepted gay rights in Nigeria
Did America ask Nigerians to be too lazy, spending their money & time on parties and prayers, instead of researching, developing and manufacturing their own weapons, arms & ammunition?
Why such simplistic almost idiotic thinking?
For what purpose?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3901785_img20160629074822_jpeg5bfe552b0496f3ce40322618db84f876

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by enemmo(f): 3:49am On Jul 26, 2019
WeRblessed:

She married an Igbo man that is light in complexion. The guy is also a surgeon.

I don't think he's Igbo.He's from Cross rivers
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Difrent: 5:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Yabaleftstudent:
Pls loving people I have issue with my sch fees Acct: 0450922735 gtbank pls help me with anything may God bless you

As a student of Yaba left I don't think you need school fees, yabaleft is a tuition free federal institution angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by yommen: 5:18am On Jul 26, 2019
idonhammer:
This is the original next level..Not some tribalistic idiotic terrorists shouting next level upandan. NDIGBO AMAKA.

You actually proved to be a 'tribalistic idiot'. Na you suggest am o.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2019
Hintona:
Beautiful couples

My role model

The real slay queen

Her husband fine o
You are not OK how can that girl be ur role model, the one that have destroyed families all in the name of he ridiculous feminist ideas angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Joecristiano7:
awon feminist don marry ooo...make some gals go dey mumu themselves with feminism
Nor mind den .....she has destroyed home with her feminist preaching yet she has got married and we son have kids.
Hypocrite
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by duchessvikki0(f): 6:18am On Jul 26, 2019
My role model in the literary sphere
I hope to dine with you some day

Beautiful woman
Slaying with her brain

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Zuriel100(m): 6:20am On Jul 26, 2019
amazing ppl.....Steven spieberg, Obamas, adiche
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by deltateam: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2019
She married a white? She's a traitor. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by deltateam: 6:33am On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

you are off point.....

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Anambralstson: 6:34am On Jul 26, 2019
Antoeni:
So this Idiot that Encourages other Women to Embrace Feminism Has gotten Married
Call your m... Id..iot , for calling a woman her house help is far better than you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Bukden16(m): 6:49am On Jul 26, 2019
Hintona:
Beautiful couples

My role model

The real slay queen

Her husband fine o

NairaLand slay Queens will never like diz ...

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Amanyanabo(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2019
Kingrexyl:
So she married a white man or mixed man
Her husband is a white Nigerian.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by sawdi: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
NoSidonLook:
What an Amazon cheesy

What an African icon cheesy

Pacesetter cheesy

I find it hard to believe people like Late Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Okonjo-Iweala, Chimamanda Adichie, etc comes from same nation as people like Buhari, Lai Mohammed, Lauretta Onochie and their likes

I spit on who dragged Nigerians down to be ruled by pigs
angry

Calling other humans pigs make u the king of pigs
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by pimper24: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2019
247naijamedia:
Renowned Nigerian author, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie was pictured at a private dinner with former US President Barack Obama, former First Lady Michelle Obama and other VIPs.

https://all-gists..com/2019/07/chimamanda-adichie-her-husband-dr-esege-dine-with-barack-michelle-obama.html
her husband's name missing conspicuously. See how her wife's fame drowned his personality
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Biafrannuke: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2019
MoneyMan5:

But Science and Technology is more important and no one have to tell you that if you have brain unless you want to continue arguing blindly
kid! While sciences has become extremely important for national development, Society's scientific and technological advancement is dependent on the prevailing political and economic system. It is not coincidence that sciences grew with the rise of liberalism and state system in Europe. In fact, scholars will tell you Africa's underdevelopment is more of an issue of absence of nationalism and a political system that recognises the people's unique way of thinking and strength that could trigger techological growth rather than the present European colonial relic we have. This is also the problem with Nigeria, despite having a pool of supposed scientists the country is a failure why?
For a civilization and by extension, science to thrive, the creative ideas of political and economic thinkers has to be employed to keep the society organised. Without karl Marx and his Communist manifesto there wouldn't be soviet union, without Soviet union, such scientific endeavour as space race wouldn't be possible. Such thinkers are not given deserving credit because their ideas are subject to politics and seen as controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by Martinez39(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2019
One of the worst presidents USA ever had. He is a brilliant and bright guy no doubt but he failed as a president.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2019
MoneyMan5:

If I ask you to give me cogent reasons, you would not be able to give reasons beyond that of a 10 year old child.

Illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by TSRC: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2019
MoneyMan5:

Everyone is not a dumb ass like you

Only an egoistic fool argue blindly even when he know he is wrong tongue

Shut the fucckk up and go and play with sand.
Highlight where I am wrong in my previous posts and give cogent reasons.

I am going to embarass you this morning.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by bluefilm: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2019
So the feminist is married to a man?

Is she afraid of coming out as a lesbian or what?

Damn!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama by MoneyMan5: 9:00am On Jul 26, 2019
TSRC:

Shut the fucckk up and go and play with sand.
Highlight where I am wrong in my previous posts and give cogent reasons.

I am going to embarass you this morning.

Only a fool will argue with someone like you

People like you lack the ability to reason

Can't waste my time on a Buffoon

Go play with sand tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revived / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) / How I was Scammed by Facebook Sugar Mummy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.