Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap (44995 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by tfash96(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
wunmi590:
Boxing? Not my thing at all.

Me watching teo grown men blowing the.awlves all in the name of money, if given the ticket for free, nah my house I go dey they watch my football.
u are my twin brother.. The thing is normally boring to me.. If I want to watch fights stuff I will go and get Kung Fu movies I trust my Chinese.. Shaolin stuff is the way out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by MASTERMIND04(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
madridguy:
They can bring the fight to Lagos, Nigeria.
grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by kumulus(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
I missed that first match that day...can't wait to see his taco belly destroyed in first round lol.

•••Contact via links on my signature to learn about technical and fundamental analysis of the $5trillion forex market and how you can make a good living leveraging the skill everyday of the week.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by wunmi590(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
tfash96:
u are my twin brother.. The thing is normally boring to me.. If I want to watch fights stuff I will go and get Kung Fu movies I trust my Chinese.. Shaolin stuff is the way out

You are right my brother.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ofiko123(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin he is afraid he knows he is going to get the beating of his life..

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Heffalump(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
lexyman:
joshua can see what he has caused for himself .... this one go run tire grin grin grin grin

AJ chose to fall for the price money cheesy
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ImpregnaTor(m): 11:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
andy ruiz my man, the destroyer of of the giants.

he will still beat the so called anthony Joshua to an everlasting depression, that he will have to quit from boxing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by tfash96(m): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
Baba dey form Burna Boy "I no wan Kpai,I no wan die,I wan enjoy life, I wan chop life"

Life no sweet life no sweet nobody wan die.. To die dey hard

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by salford1: 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
Which hunter ?
What trap ?
Animal type?

Fear dey catch the guy ni. grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by tfash96(m): 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
wunmi590:

You are right my brother.
naso
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by greggng: 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
He is just playing mind game to make the world think he is afraid only to get hold of Joshua and knock him out a second time....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Goalnaldo(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
The last time I checked my time last spent online I saw 26 days how come am seeing 2hrs now?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by raphy(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
The fat gorilla is scared Tht his drug loaded belly will be exposed.

Man knew Tht UK is aj home.so he want it out of UK.

Aj should go anywhere..

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Wasky101: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Destroe:
He's the champion, he dictates the terms. Anthony Joshua has no option but to abide by his terms if he wants to get his belts back
No he signed a contract before the first fight, RMB he wasn't even suppose to have Joshua.
If Joshua's decides it's Lagos then he better drag his pizza tummy to Lagos

9 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by jaxxy(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Destroe:
He's the champion, he dictates the terms. Anthony Joshua has no option but to abide by his terms if he wants to get his belts back

So Anthony that came to the states to fight was not a champion then or a mumu or what?

9 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by GoodMuyis(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Destroe:

He may get more money instead; If the Six Tank refuses to fight.
Who need belts when you can cash-in big time

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Adegbemigunjosh:

Bro, boxing doesn't work this way. Before the first fight, there was a rematch clause included in the contract Ruiz signed. According to the contract, should in case Ruiz wins (which he won) there would be an immediate rematch and this rematch will take place in the UK. He signed the contract bro. He wasn't forced. He knew clearly what he was getting himself into.

That's not true! If that was clearly the content of the contract then I see no need for the debate of the location for the rematch! My point here is Ruiz as champion has his rights! Joshua was Ex champion but no longer presently.... At the end of the day, the boxing council will determine the location for the rematch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Jabila: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
madridsta007:

Story.

He is contractually obliged to fight anywhere AJ's team chooses.
The last HW would refused to oblige with contractual terms was stripped of his belts and banned from fighting and fined as well.
Ruiz will fall faster than Nebuchadnezzar if this heads to the courts.
That's a lie, he is contractually obliged to fight AJ again because of the rematch clause but he is not bound to fight anywhere they chose. The venue will have to be agreed by both teams. If he says he doesn't want to fight in UK, nobody can force him to. If he says he wants the fight somewhere else then Joshua has to accept it if he wants to win back those belts. Ruiz Jr. Is with the belts, it's Joshua who needs the fight more at this time

5 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ReeLoaDead(m): 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
Goalnaldo:
The last time I checked my time last spent online I saw 26 days how come am seeing 2hrs now?
Did you sign out & sign in recently?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....

No Sir.
That is not how contracts work, at least in the West. When you sign, you are LOCKED in. That is why if you take out an 18 months phone contract and you ditch the provider for a new one after 6 months, you will be obliged to pay up the remaining 12 months and they will send a debt-collecting agency after you. If you don't, it affects your credit score. It does not automatically get wiped away.

Ruiz, having lived in the USA, knows how contracts work anyway. So he wont be stupid. There is no need to be emotional over what is contractual and in black and white; he is not the first person in boxing to sign a rematch contract and he wont be the last.

3 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Jabila:

That's a lie, he is contractually obliged to fight AJ again because of the rematch clause but he is not bound to fight anywhere they chose. The venue will have to be agreed by both teams. If he says he doesn't want to fight in UK, nobody can force him to

Chief, it depends on what was on the contract.

Remember, the contract was drawn up by AJ and Matchroom's lawyers; that contract will have (1) the period in which the rematch must be taken up (which AJ did within the 2 weeks period) (2) The possible venues and (3) the decision-makers for the venues. Amongst all other things.

Remember, it was Ruiz that was pleading to fight AJ. It simply means he must have signed off whatever was given to him. You CANNOT back out from what has been contractually agreed, no matter your feelings and emotions at the moment. If you do, it heads to court. And boy oh boy, that will be the end of Ruiz. I suspect he knows this anyway. All this noise is for the gram and fight PR.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Goalnaldo(m): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Did you sign out & sign in recently?
nope
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by OKorowanta: 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
biosilicon:
chicken !!!

Chickening out.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ReeLoaDead(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Goalnaldo:
nope
maybe you rebooted your device which automatically logged you out?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Esejojo: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Jabila:

That's a lie, he is contractually obliged to fight AJ again because of the rematch clause but he is not bound to fight anywhere they chose. The venue will have to be agreed by both teams. If he says he doesn't want to fight in UK, nobody can force him to. If he says he wants the fight somewhere else then Joshua has to accept it if he wants to win back those belts. Ruiz Jr. Is with the belts, it's Joshua who needs the fight more at this time

And you think the rematch contract would not include a clause that AJ would decide the venue?

When a champion presents a rematch contract to a challenger, they typically include clauses that would favour them, including deciding the choice of venue

3 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Goalnaldo(m): 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
maybe you rebooted your device which automatically logged you out?
yeah I rebooted my phone but I wasn't asked to login again
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:
The fat man is afraid of being annihilated by an angrier and focused Anthony Joshua that may be eager to land a career ending blow on this fat hippopotamus. Anyone who watched the 1st match knows Anthony Joshua was playing around with this beach whale and now he thinks he's so good Anthony would need performance enhancing drugs to defeat him. Anthony Joshua should go ahead and agree to a rematch at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and reclaim his glory once and for all.

""Anyone who watched the 1st match knows Anthony Joshua was playing around with this beach whale""

AJ was beaten blue black.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Story.

He is contractually obliged to fight anywhere AJ's team chooses.
The last HW who refused to oblige with contractual terms was stripped of his belts and banned from fighting and fined as well.
Ruiz will fall faster than Nebuchadnezzar if this heads to the courts. What will be his defence? "I was high on Snickers when I signed the contract?" undecided

Ruiz can only insist he won't fight in the U.K if it is legal for him to decline from doing so.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....

How is that a trap?

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2019
kumulus:
I missed that first match that day...can't wait to see his taco belly destroyed in first round lol.

•••Contact via links on my signature to learn about technical and fundamental analysis of the $5trillion forex market and how you can make a good living leveraging the skill everyday of the week.

AJ no get that kind strength

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic / Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Messi & Griezmann 'Don't See Eye-To-Eye As They Do Not Speak In Training'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.