Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap (44985 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 1:48am On Aug 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The fight has been fixed in Saudi Arabia, Will u now receive sense?

You have not disputed what I stated- nor the flight being fixed for Saudi Arabia disputes what I stated.

I stressed that Ruiz will NOT have it his way and will/ can only abide with what was on the contract.
This is common sense.

From what I gathered from a friend involved with AJBXNG- and what is on the news- Ruiz wanted it in the US or Mexico. Matchroom and Joshua said NO.
Joshua later said on Sky Sports that Ruiz does not make that call even though he would be respected.
The fight was going to Cardiff.
Saudi Arabia, which has hosted Amir Khan's fight and is trying to Sportwash their image after murdering Khashoggi offered $70m for it to be staged in Saudi.
None of this $70m goes to Ruiz. It goes to Joshua, Matchroom and DAZN the streaming service.
Money talks. Joshua's team accepted it and communicated it to Ruiz.
Ruiz's team, at the moment, are very angry hence they've said nothing since the news broke out yesterday.
But they dont have a choice. It was not their decision to make.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2019
madridsta007:

You have not disputed what I stated- nor the flight being fixed for Saudi Arabia disputes what I stated.

I stressed that Ruiz will NOT have it his way and will/ can only abide with what was on the contract.
This is common sense.

From what I gathered from a friend involved with AJBXNG- and what is on the news- Ruiz wanted it in the US or Mexico. Matchroom and Joshua said NO.
Joshua later said on Sky Sports that Ruiz does not make that call even though he would be respected.
The fight was going to Cardiff.
Saudi Arabia, which has hosted Amir Khan's fight and is trying to Sportwash their image after murdering Khashoggi offered $70m for it to be staged in Saudi.
None of this $70m goes to Ruiz. It goes to Joshua, Matchroom and DAZN the streaming service.
Money talks. Joshua's team accepted it and communicated it to Ruiz.
Ruiz's team, at the moment, are very angry hence they've said nothing since the news broke out yesterday.
But they dont have a choice. It was not their decision to make.

U were screaming upandan that if AJ chooses Cardiff, then Ruiz has no choice but to fight in Cardiff.

U said if Ruiz refuses to fight den he will be stripped n banned for a while.

At the end of the day, Ruiz has said clearly that he won't fight in the U.K and AJ has no option than to look for another venue.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U were screaming upandan that if AJ chooses Cardiff, then Ruiz has no choice but to fight in Cardiff.

U said if Ruiz refuses to fight den he will be stripped n banned for a while.

At the end of the day, Ruiz has said clearly that he won't fight in the U.K and AJ has no option than to look for another venue.

You havn't really disputed what I said. I said Ruiz mut fight where AJ and his team chooses. Cardiff was in the news and yes, if he had chose Cardiff, the best Ruiz would do is to opt out of fighting and face the courts since he signed a contract.

The choice of Saudi wasn’t driven by Ruiz. It was driven by money. It was AJ's team that choose Saudi.

If Cardiff was going to provide the £70m to £100m that MBS gave Hearn it would be at Cardiff. The worst Ruiz can do is to refuse to fight and then give up the belts.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Adamu.. The match has been fixed in Saudi Arabia....

Receive sense now
Who determined the location? Did you read the link I sent you or are you so bereft of sense that you could not comprehend?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Who determined the location? Did you read the link I sent you or are you so bereft of sense that you could not comprehend?

Stop sending stupid links n focus.

U said Ruiz is bound by contract to fight wherever AJ wants, AJ said Great Britain The champ.said he won't fight there n AJ had to change the venue.

Things are not always straight forward as it seems to be
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
madridsta007:

You havn't really disputed what I said. I said Ruiz mut fight where AJ and his team chooses. Cardiff was in the news and yes, if he had chose Cardiff, the best Ruiz would do is to opt out of fighting and face the courts since he signed a contract.

The choice of Saudi wasn’t driven by Ruiz. It was driven by money. It was AJ's team that choose Saudi.

If Cardiff was going to provide the £70m to £100m that MBS gave Hearn it would be at Cardiff. The worst Ruiz can do is to refuse to fight and then give up the belts.

""Cardiff was in the news and yes, if he had chose Cardiff, the best Ruiz would do is to opt out of fighting and face the courts since he signed a contract.""

Stop writing more nonsense posts.

AJ said Great Britain, Ruiz refused.

AJ had to choose elsewhere.

Very simple.

Shows simply that Ruiz must not fight where ever AJ wants.

We both know very well that Ruiz with go to court since as u claim, if he does so, he will be strip of his belt.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""Cardiff was in the news and yes, if he had chose Cardiff, the best Ruiz would do is to opt out of fighting and face the courts since he signed a contract.""

Stop writing more nonsense posts.

AJ said Great Britain, Ruiz refused.

AJ had to choose elsewhere.

Very simple.

Shows simply that Ruiz must not fight where ever AJ wants.

We both know very well that Ruiz with go to court since as u claim, if he does so, he will be strip of his belt.

Seems you cannot engage someone without spewing insults, even when you can actually make sense without insults.

That’s an area you win me, hands down. I admit.
Do have a great rest of your day.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop sending stupid links n focus.

U said Ruiz is bound by contract to fight wherever AJ wants, AJ said Great Britain The champ.said he won't fight there n AJ had to change the venue.

Things are not always straight forward as it seems to be
Who determined the Saudi venue? I insist Joshua has the contractual right to dictate the venue.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/11/andy-ruiz-jr-yet-sign-off-saudi-arabia-rematch-anthony-joshua-claims-trainer-10552928/
See screenshot below and see for yourself how Joshua came out to state the fight will take place in Saudi while Ruiz is yet to even accept it.

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 12, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Who determined the Saudi venue? I insist Joshua has the contractual right to dictate the venue.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/11/andy-ruiz-jr-yet-sign-off-saudi-arabia-rematch-anthony-joshua-claims-trainer-10552928/
See screenshot below and see for yourself how Joshua came out to state the fight will take place in Saudi while Ruiz is yet to even accept it.

AJ chose U.K as venue.

Ruiz rejected it.

AJ had to change the venue to Saudi Arabia.

cheesy
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ChibuiElviiis(m): 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2019
Ruiz earned his victory

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wilfred Ndidi: I Used To Hawk Groundnut, Wash Windscreen In Lagos Traffic / Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Messi & Griezmann 'Don't See Eye-To-Eye As They Do Not Speak In Training'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.