Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter (40292 Views)

Peter Obi And The Return To The Royal Niger Corporatist State / Kano Commissioner Of Police, Wakil M. Trends On Twitter. See Why / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Acecube(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lovelyn451:
all weed smokers are intelligent..lol
you smoke weed ?

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by horsepower101: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Another fact that Nigerians don’t know was that it was America that forced the British to give up their colonies. They could have stayed and permanently extract our resources in perpetuity.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
horsepower101:

I know you are one of those against separatism. I respect your decision but it’s unsustainable. We are not one and you know it. Our unity is built of falsehoods.

But sooner or later, everyone will start sounding like Nnamdi Kanu.
Is your state not built on falsehood?
Ancient Igbo villages are independent enclaves, it is the British who forced unity on them.
Therefore, all Igbo villages must get their independent separate countries as it was before
the white man arrived.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Obusjames(m): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
The northern negotiated the deal behind the back of the southern. If not so we Will not be in this mess ....called Nigeria.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
myobjective:

But event from 1960 as always shown igbos to be the hausa_fulani ass licker.
In this Nigeria of today, we only have three classes, the rich (masters), the middle class (the foreman) and the poor (the slave)
leave all the gullible Ibo folks acting like its a new story...they always find a way to throw sentiment around...yes history should be thought but not manipulative history or distorted one like some of them or other folks do... Nigeria is not the only country to experience colonialism even china experience too but they have moved on...same Ibo's that supported atiku and now seeing others as slaves since Buhari won...2023 they ll still support a Fulani Hausa...let apc pick okorocha 2023 igbos won't vote for him so who is the slave...
u spot u are either rich or poor middle class na few which is why stocking of tribe is rubbish to me...

4 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
horsepower101:
Another fact that Nigerians don’t know was that it was America that forced the British to give up their colonies. They could have stayed and permanently extract our resources in perpetuity.
False, nobody forced the British.
The war depleted their resources and force them to give concessions and
most importantly, they can no longer maintain foreign territories.

Even your saintly US colonized the Philipines.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by joseph1832(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Xisnin:

No. Igbos villages have rudimentary "parliamentary" government and some had kings.
And they are never under anybody, so Kanu or any other person can never be a legitimate
ruler of Igboland because such an arrangement is against Igbo history.
All Igbo villages must get their own country.
that was before the British imposed the indirect rule system. Remember it wasn't successful in the eastern part of Nigeria because of this 'parliamentary system' until the British had to introduce indirect rule in the form of warrant chieves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nadia777: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Now I know
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
highcollide:
It's the year 2019 that Nigerians are knowing that Nigeria is Britain's biggest company in West Africa.

They don't see Nigeria as a country. They see Nigeria as a company. A company that gives them over £10bn yearly.

A company that the sokoto caliphate are the managers.

Nigerians never ready to wake up.
How do you give them 10 billion pounds yearly?

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by arrestdarrester: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:
Using the Bank of England's Inflation calculator, that £865,000 from 1900 is worth £104 million or N47.5 billion today. Mark Zuckerberg can buy Nigeria 581 Times. We were sold for peanuts.

Without checking I know that calculator or whatever you call it put you inside one chance.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by LZAA: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Nigeria was not bought. Certain parts of Nigeria was bought. Entire Iboland was part of the purchase from Royal Niger Company.
grin grin grin grin grin
We all know the conquered tribe owned by the north and british grin
Afonja knows
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku Afamed justiceleague1

3 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
LongThickPenis:

You cannot blame descendants for crimes committed by their ancestors especially where the affected parties ' ancestors were implicitly complicit. For example, everyone blames whites for slave trade, but Africans were their source of slaves who raided hinterlands and war conquered territories with slave parties to supply coastal slave ports.
The Port Harcourt Briggs family wealth was from slave trading. Yes the descendants have benefited from the atrocities but those close to the then Briggs merchant supported him for pecuniary gain
The point I'm trying to make is that, we are stronger as a people of diverse origins and if anyone like KANU wants to change the system, he should come home sell his non divisive ideas to the people and if they buy into it, will vote for him. Not hide in a foreign country and incite rebellion. He accuses Nigeria of being a British business contraption yet hides in Israel that is a political fraud to inflict the same barbaric policies on Palestinians.
All this talk of splitting should stop. The most advanced countries are those that embrace diversity e.g. USA, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Spain, they had the most colonies back then. These nations have blacks, whites, Moslems, Christians, Asians, other religions, yet prosper. Not our holier than thou attitude that seeks to divide and rule for selfish reasons.
your head de there people forget America also fought a civil war of separation today they are together...diverse but...kanu biafra radio nobe London e de..same UK u castigate... thumps up to u bro

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by codemaniacs: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
zz

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
I told them your country is not Nigeria but ROYAL NIGER COMPANY

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by selemempe: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
LongThickPenis:

No we should not.
However the north achieved these with regional local accomplices who were paid off.
Looking at my case. My Dad is Delta and Mom IMO.if everybody splits, where does that leave me and my relatives from both sides of the family tree.
Biafra will not be better than current Nigeria setup unless there is rule of law, enlightened and educated populace. See the mess Rocha's did in Imo. See the eyesore ABA has become from the era of Orji Uzo Kali, Port Harcourt is a gangster paradise and we accept it as it is. Delta state is a joke being paraded from hand to hand by Ibori cronies.
Until we stand for the right values, nothing will change. We do not give attention to educational policies, now university cut off marks are hovering at 160+ from my time in mid 90s it was 400s.
All the regions are guilty of this. Until there is rule of law , where criminals and civil civil crimes are punished irrespective of class, even if we break down to garden of Eden, the corrupt system will danage it. The WESTERN world is progressive because the majority are enlightened and educated. This is the opposite of Nigeria. You have numerous educated illiterates. Nigeria will prosper as a united entity
u still dont get the point bro.

Yes u are from 2 different tribes...many germans are married to british and aee doing just fine.

The problem is not that nigeria is bad now. No! The problem is that nigeria is bad at its best. Ghana, ivory coast and senegal are as bad as nigeria but the twist is that they dont have oil and they have established a system that would gradually make them better countries. They were able to do that because of shared values. Nigeria wont do that and ultimately things would get worse for nigeria wen oil era ends.

U think nigeria is bad nw? U think ph is a gangster paradise now? Wait in a few yrs wen we no longer export oil and states cant even do the most basic infrastructure...just wait...u will eventually campaign for biafra or run to ghana

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Ugosample(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
codemaniacs:

you're contradicting yourself grin grin grin

you said "white man was absolved of blame"

then said "foreign piwres only helped us to destroy ourselves further" grin grin grin

it's no contradiction

we had the chance to go out separate ways in 57 and 59

but we didn't

when we were amalgamated
we had no choice

so yes

They are absolved of blame for the unity of NiggerArea

as for foreign powers helping us destroy ourselves

isn't that clear to see
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Lovelyn451(f): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Acecube:
you smoke weed ?
noo, a friend and he's super intelligent, love hanging around him until dad found out from gossipers and almost killed me, even accused me of smoking with him but I never did...lol, I miss him
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
ContentedK:
shut up and visit your history, when the Roman’s conquered Britain, it was named barbarians , they left and British people went back to their original name Britian. Romans did same with France and called them Gaul, they left and the French people went back to their name France. Same applies to some of your neighbor African countries like Ghana which was formerly called Gold Coast etc, check the ancient map of Africa that was first drawn by the Portuguese and you’ll find Biafra boldly located their with its boundaries. Don’t come here and show your slave mentality because Biafra has risen to stay whether any idiot likes it or not even if it takes light years to achieve. Biafrans never back down, it’s a common ideology and never in history has an ideology been defeated..
so what should Nigeria revert to in name mind u biafra doesn't include the Niger delta so u know if Nigeria is to split today it ll split to more than 7 countries
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by codemaniacs: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
zz

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:

Yes u are from 2 different tribes...many germans are married to british and aee doing just fine.

The problem is not that nigeria is bad now. No! The problem is that nigeria is bad at its best. Ghana, ivory coast and senegal are as bad as nigeria but the twist is that they dont have oil and they have established a system that would gradually make them better countries. They were able to do that because of shared values. Nigeria wont do that and ultimately things would get worse for nigeria wen oil era ends.

U think nigeria is bad nw? U think ph is a gangster paradise now? Wait in a few yrs wen we no longer export oil and states cant even do the most basic infrastructure...just wait...u will eventually campaign for biafra or run to ghana

even the so called chant for biafra or arewa won t solve anything

It will even be worse
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by AngelicBeing: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
sad
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:
are the north ready to live and let live? They cause all thesw talk of division.

In 1966 a few igbos along with soldiers from other tribes did a coup....the north replied by killing 30,000 igbos living in the north...that was hw biafra was born.

U have seen how they forced their region to become a shariah region even tho christians live in it too...

U have seen the rough politics they have played from awolowo's disgrace to abiola family disgrace to killing of corpers in 2011 to varios riots because of politics

U have seen how they formed boko haram and are arming fulani miltias now.

Should we continue with the north to maintain diversity that has kept the nation down?
u refused to mention how the North wanted secession in 1953 and how murtala wanted secession to in 1966 see how history can be distorted to serve a selfish end...
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by codemaniacs: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
zz

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by selemempe: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

even the so called chant for biafra or arewa won t solve anything

It will even be worse
it wont believe me it wont. U need to go to even togo..
See hw behind nigeria has been left...even with our mighty oil. The main problem of nigeria is diversity. Its a blessing for some countries but its nigeria's biggest problem

An hausa president can do something to favour his tribe even if it hurts the country.

But in biafra...if biafra is strictly the 10 states of se and ss minus edo, we have a common religion in christianity...at least we wont have religious tensions or boko haram...wat we can have is tribal tensions...but that can be solved by allowing regional autonomy to high degree

14 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by selemempe: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
u refused to mention how the North wanted secession in 1953 and how murtala wanted secession to in 1966 see how history can be distorted to serve a selfish end...
who stopped the north from getting it. I am sure that in the 2 times u talked about, no easterner or westerner stood in the way of the north. So why didnt u achieve it? Who stopped u? Who cared?

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by themanderon: 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Biggty:
I still can't phantom why History is not been taught in Nigeria education system

How else can you dumb down a people and keep them in servitude? You prevent them from knowing the truth about themselves and their history.
We have been screaming it here how the British shared our territory amongst themselves.
People actually think the British left us in 1960 hahaha what a fat lie you have be forced to believe.
They actually continued their rule by proxy using the illiterate and docile north because they felt they will easily be manipulated and controlled.
They have been involved in all the coups and counter coups in the nation and it is in their interest to keep you enslaved and dependent on them.
That's why we kept getting one brain dead northerner after the other as head of state.
You never asked why they preferred the less educated Tafawa Balewa to the more educated Nnamdi Azikiwe or Chief Obafemi Awolowo? The British were never comfortable with those guys cos they knew too much and will try to break free. Google what Saudana Sokoto said about the new nation Nigeria and you will understand better.
I keep telling people here that there is a conspiracy going on on a daily basis against the docile people of this nation that's why you have a retired ogre entity like buhari trying to run the nation back to the feudal era.
Just look at his appointments, does it signal the appointment that a person that wants to grow the nation will make?
If we know where the rain started beating us we can solve our problems.
Our problem is the British government who is still controlling the nation using the perpetually backward north who will rather retard the wheel of progress so they can remain relevant.
Just look at the nation, all the Federal ministries and agencies run on quota system by the intellectually bankrupt north which one is functioning as it should?

NB: when am talking about the north I mean the wicked thieving oligarchs who ran the nation aground not the impoverished, dumbed down ordinary people of the north who are the greatest victims of this contraption called Nigeria.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by LongThickPenis(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:

We are talking of the same thing from different perspective. Why wait till the oil is finished before pressurising the leaders to do what is right. Is it when the world has moved to green energy for cars , planes and trains and ships that we cannot sell our crude (since we don't make refineries, manufacturers cars, ships, etc). Why wait till then when we can start now.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by codemaniacs: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
zz

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by horsepower101: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:
who stopped the north from getting it. I am sure that in the 2 times u talked about, no easterner or westerner stood in the way of the north. So why didnt u achieve it? Who stopped u? Who cared?

They stopped when the British informed them about the oil discovery in the Eastern region and pledged unlimited supply of ammunition if they fought against Biafra.

This why GOWON reneged on ABURI ACCORD.

8 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
Biggty:
I still can't phantom why History is not been taught in Nigeria education system
It's taught. Some of you refused to read. Didn't you do all subjects in SS1 including history before streamlining them in SS2?
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
LongThickPenis:

No we should not.
However the north achieved these with regional local accomplices who were paid off.
Looking at my case. My Dad is Delta and Mom IMO.if everybody splits, where does that leave me and my relatives from both sides of the family tree.
Biafra will not be better than current Nigeria setup unless there is rule of law, enlightened and educated populace. See the mess Rocha's did in Imo. See the eyesore ABA has become from the era of Orji Uzo Kali, Port Harcourt is a gangster paradise and we accept it as it is. Delta state is a joke being paraded from hand to hand by Ibori cronies.
Until we stand for the right values, nothing will change. We do not give attention to educational policies, now university cut off marks are hovering at 160+ from my time in mid 90s it was 400s.
All the regions are guilty of this. Until there is rule of law , where criminals and civil civil crimes are punished irrespective of class, even if we break down to garden of Eden, the corrupt system will danage it. The WESTERN world is progressive because the majority are enlightened and educated. This is the opposite of Nigeria. You have numerous educated illiterates. Nigeria will prosper as a united entity
like my prof told us in school then Nigeria is better united...if a split happen Nigeria ll be Balkanised into 7 countries if not more...the reason why France supported biafra during the civil war was down to whittle down Nigeria hegemony as an African power...
you have echoed everything...we need to run a functional country where everyone see ourselves as Nigeria not ibo Yoruba Hausa efik ibibio nupe kanuri afemai bini uhrobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Litmus: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Britain pretty much conquered distant peoples and their lands and created many nations through Christianity, military and companies. Military defeated the people physically; Christianity passified their minds and companies exploited resources. You had Royal Niger Company in Nigeria and East India Company in India. India has moved on, Nigeria refuses. India is so future oriented they are looking at the stars and sending up space ships, but Boneheaded Nigerians refuses to face development squarely but rather dwell in past..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BREAKING: SSS Operatives Surround Ex-nsa Sambo Dasuki’s Houses / List Of Jonathan's Cabinet Members And Their Latest International Appointments / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.