Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,102 members, 7,828,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter (40302 Views)

Peter Obi And The Return To The Royal Niger Corporatist State / Kano Commissioner Of Police, Wakil M. Trends On Twitter. See Why / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by cgniyi(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
Skyfornia:
Professor Burnaboy...you are the only weed smoker with intelligence. Educated-learned weed smoker.

Don't forget Fela, his idol. Weed can sometimes open the path to enlightenment grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
I never knew Nigerians listen to song lyrics. I think say only beat wey dem dey dance to

3 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by joseph1832(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Xisnin:

How has that improved your life?
Did you also know that your villages were at war with one another?
I hope you will grant sovereign status to all communities in your enclave
so they can rule themselves like the old days.
the old days? Under whose authority? The warrant chiefs (eze) who were the creation of the British.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Born2Breed(f): 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
History was systematically removed from the curriculum to hide things like this and more.

Oba Ovoramen
Jaja of Opobo
Nana of Koko

All fought and gave their lives resisting this bondage. While those who willingly gave up without a fight are those claiming Nigeria is their territory and they can set up a cattle colony.

Thank you Burna boy from taking it over from Majek Fahesk and Jesse Jagz and for educating some of our youths who don't know and don't won't to know.

9 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by LongThickPenis(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
horsepower101:
When Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was screaming on top of his voice on radio Biafra about this same dehumanizing fact, most hypocrites hated him for it.

Maybe he should have sang it in a song.

You cannot blame descendants for crimes committed by their ancestors especially where the affected parties ' ancestors were implicitly complicit. For example, everyone blames whites for slave trade, but Africans were their source of slaves who raided hinterlands and war conquered territories with slave parties to supply coastal slave ports.
The Port Harcourt Briggs family wealth was from slave trading. Yes the descendants have benefited from the atrocities but those close to the then Briggs merchant supported him for pecuniary gain
The point I'm trying to make is that, we are stronger as a people of diverse origins and if anyone like KANU wants to change the system, he should come home sell his non divisive ideas to the people and if they buy into it, will vote for him. Not hide in a foreign country and incite rebellion. He accuses Nigeria of being a British business contraption yet hides in Israel that is a political fraud to inflict the same barbaric policies on Palestinians.
All this talk of splitting should stop. The most advanced countries are those that embrace diversity e.g. USA, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Spain, they had the most colonies back then. These nations have blacks, whites, Moslems, Christians, Asians, other religions, yet prosper. Not our holier than thou attitude that seeks to divide and rule for selfish reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Ibime(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
Royal Niger Company is not news. Every Ijaw man should know them. They were our number one trading partners

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by wizardus: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
Na wa o

Subscribe to watch and also get notification for latest video news

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UColpmn7wRUX8kj7BgUU3-1w?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by owowa145(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Blackfire:
Now that is what music is supposed to do .

Not boobs , vjs and other fuckery who called themselves muzician
Which track did Burna mention this, make i download am?
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Lordjb: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
Interesting to know, meanwhile see my signature below for link to stream BBNaija Live
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by selemempe: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Nigeria was not bought. Certain parts of Nigeria was bought. Entire Iboland was part of the purchase from Royal Niger Company.
u must be working around with neck pain bro...u carry igbo hate for head...live a little wink

8 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by djon78(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
Professor Soyinka said it.
Are you surprised.
Do they read and research? Capital no
Yet they have information at there fingertips

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Litmus: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2019
pxalmydee:
Burnaboy is special breed and fela truly lives through him.... fela message will not die...Nigeria is a fake country right from inception

Yeah, a special kind of fool if he dismisses his homeland Nigeria as a pieces of crap bought and sold for a few shillings but finds God's Heaven in Ghana another mans land.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by ContentedK: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2019
Xisnin:

All the countries of the world are man-made through wars or treaties.
It is delusional that you think a country the fugitive kanu try to create will not be man-made.
shut up and visit your history, when the Roman’s conquered Britain, it was named barbarians , they left and British people went back to their original name Britian. Romans did same with France and called them Gaul, they left and the French people went back to their name France. Same applies to some of your neighbor African countries like Ghana which was formerly called Gold Coast etc, check the ancient map of Africa that was first drawn by the Portuguese and you’ll find Biafra boldly located their with its boundaries. Don’t come here and show your slave mentality because Biafra has risen to stay whether any idiot likes it or not even if it takes light years to achieve. Biafrans never back down, it’s a common ideology and never in history has an ideology been defeated..

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by amaniro: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Nigeria was not bought. Certain parts of Nigeria was bought. Entire Iboland was part of the purchase from Royal Niger Company.

Foolish sentimental thing. I expected you to say South South but because of your hatred you mentioned igbo

3 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by selemempe: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
LongThickPenis:

You cannot blame descendants for crimes committed by their ancestors especially where the affected parties ' ancestors were implicitly complicit. For example, everyone blames whites for slave trade, but Africans were their source of slaves who raided hinterlands and war conquered territories with slave parties to supply coastal slave ports.
The Port Harcourt Briggs family wealth was from slave trading. Yes the descendants have benefited from the atrocities but those close to the then Briggs merchant supported him for pecuniary gain
The point I'm trying to make is that, we are stronger as a people of diverse origins and if anyone like KANU wants to change the system, he should come home sell his non divisive ideas to the people and if they buy into it, will vote for him. Not hide in a foreign country and incite rebellion. He accuses Nigeria of being a British business contraption yet hides in Israel that is a political fraud to inflict the same barbaric policies on Palestinians.
All this talk of splitting should stop. The most advanced countries are those that embrace diversity will.g. USA, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Spain, they had the most colonies back then. These nations have blacks, whites, Moslems, Christians, Asians, other religions, yet prosper. Not our holier than thou attitude that seeks to divide and rule for selfish reasons.
are the north ready to live and let live? They cause all thesw talk of division.

In 1966 a few igbos along with soldiers from other tribes did a coup....the north replied by killing 30,000 igbos living in the north...that was hw biafra was born.

U have seen how they forced their region to become a shariah region even tho christians live in it too...

U have seen the rough politics they have played from awolowo's disgrace to abiola family disgrace to killing of corpers in 2011 to varios riots because of politics

U have seen how they formed boko haram and are arming fulani miltias now.

Should we continue with the north to maintain diversity that has kept the nation down?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Aidejay(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
It's in this situations that I find solace in the teachings of Karl Marx
These idiots really think a business transaction offered and executed over one hundred years ago is their problem
Puny humans
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Ugosample(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
horsepower101:
The idea of white men creating a nation for us and forcing us like farm animals is the biggest disrespect to African.

But yet those Africans are willing to kill their own to protect the white mans fake creation.

the day the founding fathers agreed to our declaration of independence
That was the day the "white man" was absolved of blame.

black folks are good at blaming others for their failures

Nigeria and indeed Africa failed because Africans failed it

the foreign piwres only helped us to destroy ourselves further

someone up there was talking biafra

was that not also a creation of some man?

5 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Fanika22: 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
ClitRaider:
Phantom ko, Tecno ni.
Olodo rabata.
Hahaha! make I laugh small
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Lovelyn451(f): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
Skyfornia:
Professor Burnaboy...you are the only weed smoker with intelligence. Educated-learned weed smoker.
a

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Barryseal: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
Jesse Jagz was the first artist I heard talk about Royal Niger company. Dude was deep as Bleep

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Bashoruntolu(m): 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
And what brought about their interest in the protectorate is epo pupa, yes our palm oil...having started out as a margarine factory, the first in the world, then in Holland... Smh over history been proscribed in our institutes.
We were eventually given independence but what have we done with it
What next - CFO hustlers should target Alan Jope and Graeme Pitkethly
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by happney65: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
ruggedtimi:
The ruins of Royal niger company headquarters can be spotted in my hometown Akassa in Brass lga bayelsa state.
Infact there is a street in akassa called UAC(United africa Company)...

The effect of the war between King Koko of Nembe and the British Aka ''Brass Oil War'' was that public opinion in Britain turned against the the Royal Nigeria Company, so its charter was revoked in 1899.

Following the revoking of its charter, the the Royal Niger Company sold its holdings to the British government for £865,000

The exact price The british paid Royal niger company for nigeria territory in today's exchange rate (£46,407,250(NGN12,550,427,783.81 )

Fact..If you dont know the royal niger company you should go hide your face in shame

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Timtim007(f): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Are u sure he knows what he is talking about or just want to add to the convo?

Reading recently published "There Was A Country" in pry sch?

I don't think so...
Don't mind the guy.. He is just trying to shine.. He doesn't know anything..
No be only primary school..nursery school nko...

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Archworld(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
professorval1:

You and who?
Me and my family were surely not included in that deal cos we're worth more than that

Shot up , your own na free transfer . No need for payment. No country will agree to pay on your head

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by horsepower101: 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

I know you are one of those against separatism. I respect your decision but it’s unsustainable. We are not one and you know it. Our unity is built of falsehoods.

But sooner or later, everyone will start sounding like Nnamdi Kanu.

9 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by djon78(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Blankstare:
It's an ordained punishment to be a black man
- ibn batuta

Wow you are deep
I got to know about him by my great primary school teacher who caused us to study about him.

He was an Arabic African but was a great philosopher and scholar. Wrote so much about Africa over 800years ago. I rate him and St Augustine another great African on same level
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
see the full history if Royal Niger Company at www.classicnewsngr.com
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Doyin2(m): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Burma boy music marketing strategy.

The history of Nigeria cannot be adulterated.

SMH undecided
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by gaetano: 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

But zik, awo and Co are not our founding fathers. They were children as at 1914.

4 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Xisnin(m): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
joseph1832:
the old days? Under whose authority? The warrant chiefs (eze) who were the creation of the British.
No. Igbos villages have rudimentary "parliamentary" government and some had kings.
And they are never under anybody, so Kanu or any other person can never be a legitimate
ruler of Igboland because such an arrangement is against Igbo history.
All Igbo villages must get their own country.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by codemaniacs: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
zz

11 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by LongThickPenis(m): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
selemempe:
are the north ready to live and let live? They cause all thesw talk of division.

In 1966 a few igbos along with soldiers from other tribes did a coup....the north replied by killing 30,000 igbos living in the north...that was hw biafra was born.

U have seen how they forced their region to become a shariah region even tho christians live in it too...

U have seen the rough politics they have played from awolowo's disgrace to abiola family disgrace to killing of corpers in 2011 to varios riots because of politics

U have seen how they formed boko haram and are arming fulani miltias now.

Should we continue with the north to maintain diversity that has kept the nation down?

No we should not.
However the north achieved these with regional local accomplices who were paid off.
Looking at my case. My Dad is Delta and Mom IMO.if everybody splits, where does that leave me and my relatives from both sides of the family tree.
Biafra will not be better than current Nigeria setup unless there is rule of law, enlightened and educated populace. See the mess Rocha's did in Imo. See the eyesore ABA has become from the era of Orji Uzo Kali, Port Harcourt is a gangster paradise and we accept it as it is. Delta state is a joke being paraded from hand to hand by Ibori cronies.
Until we stand for the right values, nothing will change. We do not give attention to educational policies, now university cut off marks are hovering at 160+ from my time in mid 90s it was 400s.
All the regions are guilty of this. Until there is rule of law , where criminals and civil civil crimes are punished irrespective of class, even if we break down to garden of Eden, the corrupt system will danage it. The WESTERN world is progressive because the majority are enlightened and educated. This is the opposite of Nigeria. You have numerous educated illiterates. Nigeria will prosper as a united entity

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Widows Of Soldiers Protest Release Of Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists / Underage Voters In Bayelsa Election (pics) / Soldiers Kill Three Female Suicide Bombers In Monguno (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.