Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter (40296 Views)

Peter Obi And The Return To The Royal Niger Corporatist State / Kano Commissioner Of Police, Wakil M. Trends On Twitter. See Why / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Quorax: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2019
Olorunnim:
y'all believe this S H I T ? You can believe anything
I am not surprised that such purid stench in form words can come from a moniker such as one from somewhere in the west... do you guys ever stand for anything to liberate the country or was it not a Yoruba man that removed history from Nigeria's education? undecided

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Quorax: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2019
DeOTR:
My great grandfather used to work at the Royal Niger Company.
Well, this is not News and I wonder why some people are just finding out.
You wonder why? because history was removed from our education by OBJ.

Well, I have heard of the company before BUT I never knew about their involvement in such deal.. pathetic undecided

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Quorax: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2019
Biggty:
I still can't phantom why History is not been taught in Nigeria education system
ask OBJ why he removed it.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Olorunnim: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2019
Quorax:
I am not surprised that such purid stench in form words can come from a moniker such as one from somewhere in the west... do you guys ever stand for anything to liberate the country or was it not a Yoruba man that removed history from Nigeria's education? undecided
If you don't know what warranted the quote would you just have sense and shut the F U C K up you don't just go about quoting people All in the name of "TRYING" to make Sense.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by 7lives: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2019
obynzo:

There are so many things you never knew about Awo. It was true that Awo secretly wanted to form an alliance with NPC it was Okotie Eboh that convinces Zik to Quickly form the alliance with NPC. Funny the same Awo wanted to form an alliance with NCNC while trying to secretly form an alliance with NPC. Mind you the western region was not the richest. Yes they had Cocoa, but they were not as rich as the Eastern region that had Coal, Rubber, palm oil. Please let us get our history correct and stop the lies being pandered for years.
I read a report then on the regions in Nigeria. In the west the ratio of teachers to students was 1: 200 while in the east it was 1: 50 that was why Awo introduced free education to see if he could bridge the gap between the east and west in education. The west got education first but the east in a few years through missionary system of education advanced ahead of the west.

In medicine the ratio of doctors to the populations in the region was stated below;

West 1: 500
East 1: 100
North 1: 1500

So the honest truth was that the east had a far better indices of development. The Biafran war destroyed everything. Awo had hindsight of establishing the Ikeja industrial estate to take advantage of closeness to Apapa ports. In the 60s apart from Ibadan and Lagos which understandably was the capital territory you had no big cities in the region. But in the Eastern region there was Onitsha, Enugu(the capital), Calabar, Portharcourt, Umuahia.

It is high time the truth is told about the developmental indices of the regions prior to 66

Tell me more about it, Awo's SW borrowed the Nigerian government, a WHOPPING 5 MILLION POUNDS, a lot of money at that period.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by 7lives: 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
obynzo:

Prior to 66 Nigeria has University of Nigeria Nsukka it was in the 50s that Nigeria had one University. Bro the east was ahead and more progressive. In the West apart from Lagos and Ibadan which other major city was in the West. But in the east there was Onitsha, Aba, Enugu(The capital), Umuahia, Port Harcourt and Calabar.

Also when Ironsi declared the unitary decree he still kept the regional governors Adebayo(West) Ojukwu(East) Hassan(North) Ejoor(Mid west). Let us stop distorting history it was a well known fact that Gowon dismantled the regional structure and created states so as to weaken the eastern region and free the minorities in the region which is there for all to see.

So who is Adekunle Fajuyi?, and why was Aguiyi Ironsi at Fajuyi's house, on the day Ironsi was killed, alonside Fajusi?.
Yoruba said e ma je ki a ka eru, ti a ba ka eru, inu eru a baje, meaning don't let us count our slaves, if we count the slaves, this will remind them of when they were freeborn.
The ghost of the atrocities that destroyed the first republic would have been laid to rest, if not that the same folks who mistook the rest of Nigeria for MAGA, by turning everything upside down, are still cooking baseless stories on the social media.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/past-present-wahala-decree-34-1966-1/
I hope you understand now.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Yyeske(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
winnah:

Now you know the history what are you willing to do... Fight Unilever? Or .....?
I tire o, several colonies in Africa and Asia started as trade posts by Europeans but why is that of Nigeria different, OBJ who stopped the teaching of history in schools in the late '70s really killed this country.

Back to your question, according to all these noise makers here, let them urge the Nigerian government to buy Unilever back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by onyeopobo: 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Dude,
Everything Ive written is targeted at the false headline of the thread. Nigeria was never sold or bought.

British entered into treaty with rulers. Those who were bought did not have treaties...their exchange was a purchase with receipts.

Show us a treaty between Ibo and Britain if I lie.

The OP and whoever he quoted that said Nigeria was purchased lacks knowledge. Some areas in Nigeria like Iboland was purchased, not everywhere.

Iboland was not a member of the original Colony and Protectorate instituted in Nigeria. Iboland was a right under proprietary ownership of Royal Niger Company after they signed treaty of peace with Igala and took over the administration of your land from Attah.

Colony and Protectorate later expanded and the expansion included areas purchased, like Iboland, and you were then joined into the Protectorate.

You're still on that gibberish yeah? You know you're not trying to make any protectorate statements, you're just trying to throw your usual BS cheap shots below the belt. The Igala people colonized certain communities in North Anambra and South Benue and In your very intelligent mind, those few communities translates into igboland right?

It's okay, i'll save you trouble and stop responding, you obviously don't intend on contributing anything factual! cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
onyeopobo:

You're still on that gibberish yeah? You know you're not trying to make any protectorate statements, you're just trying to throw your usual BS cheap shots below the belt. The Igala people colonized certain communities in North Anambra and South Benue and In your very intelligent mind, those few communities translates into igboland right?

It's okay, i'll save you trouble and stop responding, you obviously don't intend on contributing anything factual! cheers!

My friend get lost if you cant contribute to the subject. Ok!

The subject is the purchase of Nigeria. I said its a lie and i gave reasons. At the foundation of Nigeria is a series of negotiations and exchanges made with treaties. Those without treaties were the lands under RNC, now Unilever.

If you feel different present your treaty to exclude Iboland from purchase. Stop making noise about your white wife and America and all other nonsense. Who cares if your wife is white or green?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by onyeopobo: 1:54am On Jul 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

My friend get lost if you cant contribute to the subject. Ok!

The subject is the purchase of Nigeria. I said its a lie and i gave reasons. At the foundation of Nigeria is a series of negotiations and exchanges made with treaties. Those without treaties were the lands under RNC, now Unilever.

If you feel different present your treaty to exclude Iboland from purchase. Stop making noise about your white wife and America and all other nonsense. Who cares if your wife is white or green?

@ the bolded, I had a good laugh reading that! You're actually quite a funny guy, I'll give you that!
But your username though? it's misleading, too intellectual for you, I'd rather your username was something like Oily-Pussy or something more comical, cause you're funny!

Ok, so you've made me laugh, I'm happy and I want to make you happy too, so I'll just agree to make your day easier.

So you're saying, the Igala people enslaved the entire igboland , okay! okay! Agreed! Yaaaay! Three gbosa for the Igala people, they're super warriors! And now metaphysical is happy as a puppy! Yay!

And three gbosas for the hausa people too, they enslaved north kwara aka the entire yorubaland?, they're super soldiers! Yay!

Just messing with you. Sending nothing but peace, prosperity and positive vibes your way - You have a great week sir!

P/S: My grandfather's dad worked for the Royal Niger Company in the late 1880's, they had their regional head office in my very own community at a point. Alot of the slave snatching, trading, exporting, treaty signing etc was done and witnessed by people from my community. So while this is all some phantom history for most nigerians, this is more like family history for me. I have undiluted first account stories.

Deuces!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 2:08am On Jul 29, 2019
onyeopobo:

@ the bolded, I had a good laugh reading that! You're actually quite a funny guy, I'll give you that!
But your username though? it's misleading, too intellectual for you, I'd rather your username was something like Oily-Pussy or something more comical, cause you're funny!

Ok, so you've made me laugh, I'm happy and I want to make you happy too, so I'll just agree to make your day easier.

So you're saying, the Igala people enslaved the entire igboland , okay! okay! Agreed! Yaaaay! Three gbosa for the Igala people, they're super warriors! And now metaphysical is happy as a puppy! Yay!

And three gbosas for the hausa people too, they enslaved north kwara aka the entire yorubaland?, they're super soldiers! Yay!

Just messing with you. Sending nothing but peace, prosperity and positive vibes your way - You have a great week sir!

P/S: My grandfather's dad worked for the Royal Niger Company in the late 1880's, they had their regional head office in my very own community at a point. Alot of the slave snatching, trading, exporting, treaty signing etc was done and witnessed by people from my community. So while this is all some phantom history for most nigerians, this is more like family history for me. I have undiluted first account stories.

Deuces!

You are still derailing thread.

Guy, focus on topic. Nigeria wqs sold by RNC. Not true!

Certain parts of what is now Nigeria, example Iboland, was transferred in a sale from merchants under the trade name Royal Niger Company to Administrators under Colonial Britain.

Anyone with disagreement can counter my position.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2019
7lives:

So who is Adekunle Fajuyi?, and why was Aguiyi Ironsi at Fajuyi's house, on the day Ironsi was killed, alonside Fajusi?.
Yoruba said e ma je ki a ka eru, ti a ba ka eru, inu eru a baje, meaning don't let us count our slaves, if we count the slaves, this will remind them of when they were freeborn.
The ghost of the atrocities that destroyed the first republic would have been laid to rest, if not that the same folks who mistook the rest of Nigeria for MAGA, by turning everything upside down, are still cooking baseless stories on the social media.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/past-present-wahala-decree-34-1966-1/
I hope you understand now.

That is why i said you are not versed in History. Please read more. in July 66 Ironsi was on a nationwide tour and was a guest of the Military Governor of the Western Region Late Lt Col Adekunle Fajuyi when the Mutineers struck. Please let us take it easy with the lies abeg.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You are still derailing thread.

Guy, focus on topic. Nigeria wqs sold by RNC. Not true!

Certain parts of what is now Nigeria, example Iboland, was transferred in a sale from merchants under the trade name Royal Niger Company to Administrators under Colonial Britain.

Anyone with disagreement can counter my position.

It was the whole of Nigeria. The Royal Niger Company had The whole of Nigeria under the sphere of influence for trade and when the charter was revoked they had no choice but to sell to the British government so as to administer the protectorates. I don't know what we stand to gain by the malicious falsification of history the evidence of the transaction is all over the internet.Google is your friend my brother.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
obynzo:

It was the whole of Nigeria. The Royal Niger Company had The whole of Nigeria under the sphere of influence for trade and when the charter was revoked they had no choice but to sell to the British government so as to administer the protectorates. I don't know what we stand to gain by the malicious falsification of history the evidence of the transaction is all over the internet.Google is your friend my brother.

Onitsha bridge head graduate spotted! grin

He attended Google University. grin grin
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Onitsha bridge head graduate spotted! grin

He attended Google University. grin grin

Bros you don't have to be rude. I expect you to be civil in your replies. Most of us are not young people that you feel you can insult anyhow
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by alphaNomega: 7:54am On Aug 03, 2019
On this thread, the comments are more like "bring your version of Nigeria history and make some noise!"
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by mediclife1987(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Nigeria was not bought. Certain parts of Nigeria was bought. Entire Iboland was part of the purchase from Royal Niger Company.

Why d savage naw? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female Nigeria Police Officers In Sokoto (1948 Throwback Photo) / I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio / EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.