Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter (40299 Views)

Peter Obi And The Return To The Royal Niger Corporatist State / Kano Commissioner Of Police, Wakil M. Trends On Twitter. See Why / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by KingAzubuike(f): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
themanderon:

You never asked why they preferred the less educated Tafawa Balewa to the more educated Nnamdi Azikiwe or Chief Obafemi Awolowo?

Did you just say less educates tafawa balewa?? shocked
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
horsepower101:
The idea of white men creating a nation for us and forcing us like farm animals is the biggest disrespect to African.

But yet those Africans are willing to kill their own to protect the white mans fake creation.
Since africans dont respect africans who should?
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by djon78(m): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
When you go through this thread you will be shocked that a quite number of the younger generation no more believe in this Nation.

It is a big danger.
The politicians have totally failed this Nation.
They don't realise that it doesn't speak well for a Nation.
Its really a pity.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by delpee(f): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
DeOTR:
My great grandfather used to work at the Royal Niger Company.
Well, this is not News and I wonder why some people are just finding out.

History was knocked out of the school curriculum at a point in time to hide some secrets. The younger generation have no idea of these stories which we learnt as history in primary and secondary school years back. That's why we get to see a lot of uneccesary arguments and downright ignorance online. It's sad really.

3 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by deepwater(f): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
Remimadrid:
History should be made compulsory in all Nigerian schools. If it was, this won't be trending on twitter.

History as a subject was stopped in Nigeria schools, I understand it would be reintroduced by September this year
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Mftivi: 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
ContentedK:
shut up and visit your history, when the Roman’s conquered Britain, it was named barbarians , they left and British people went back to their original name Britian. Romans did same with France and called them Gaul, they left and the French people went back to their name France. Same applies to some of your neighbor African countries like Ghana which was formerly called Gold Coast etc, check the ancient map of Africa that was first drawn by the Portuguese and you’ll find Biafra boldly located their with its boundaries. Don’t come here and show your slave mentality because Biafra has risen to stay whether any idiot likes it or not even if it takes light years to achieve. Biafrans never back down, it’s a common ideology and never in history has an ideology been defeated..
see dont bother quoting that guy, he is always talking crap.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by gidgiddy: 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
myobjective:

This is very far from the truth, Nigeria is a country of its own, trading with countries she chooses to trade with. Our largest trading partner is the Chinese, Indians and Americans.

Our system of government is modelled over that of America. The British Empire is long gone, they have close to zero influence on how Nigeria is been governed.

The northerners are not the board of directors, don't let your hatred of others killed you. The economy of Nigeria is run by southerners, the organised public sector is dominated by southerners, there are 36 states across the federation and each of these states reflect the ethnic demography of Nigeria, each of these states have governors democratically elected by the people of these states.

There are southern and northern politicians. Since the return to democracy in 1999, we have had 2 southern presidents and 2 northern presidents, tell me how the northerners are the board of directors

I dont think you understand. Nigeria is a country but not a nation. We are still the country that Lugard used force of arms to bring together and the people Lugards wife bastardised with the name of a common River.

We operate a constitution nobody agreed to and a country the ethnic nationalities never endorsed.

We have 36 stated and 744 local governments that were created by the military

Nigeria is still the one Lugard created in 1914. A country created by few, run by few for the benefit of a few, at the expense of the indigenous people who own the land.

4 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by PETUK(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Remimadrid:
History should be made compulsory in all Nigerian schools. If it was, this won't be trending on twitter.

And you think in history class you'll be taught that Nigeria was sold?
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by flecho: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2019
WoeBetide666:

You read There Was a Country in primary school? You must be really young grin

Now I can see y biafra lost the civil war, biafra was not fighting Nigeria we were fighting the Britain's and other European nations kept quiet because dy hv already shared Africa.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by InvertedHammer: 12:02am On Jul 27, 2019
/
99.9999% of Nigerians don't understand the country they live in. That's why when they vomit thrash and silly wishful thinking, all one can do is marvel at their level of ignorance.

History, written by Nigerians only, need must be made mandatory in all levels of education in Nigeria.

People worry about the quality of leadership in Nigeria. The western world will not like an independent-minded leader in Nigeria because it will be counterproductive to their business models. Nigeria is one big slave plantation with a manager who answers to the masters only. That's all.

/

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2019
LZAA:

grin grin grin grin grin
We all know the conquered tribe owned by the north and british grin
Afonja knows
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku Afamed justiceleague1

E be like something dey worry you fa. Abi na which kind talk be dis one. Why you like to derail thread sef? Did anybody mention Yoruba?

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by NiggasInParis: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2019
Jesse Jags was the first intellect Artist to talk about this. A whole Album was even named after it. But quite unfortunate, it was via the genre of rap which don't gather very much attention.

I am happy Burna Boy was able to use Afrobeats to bring it to to full recognizing. And shows there is still hope for good music in the industry.

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

E be like something dey worry you fa. Abi na which kind talk be dis one. Why you like to derail thread sef? Did anybody mention Yoruba?

Take heart.

cc lzaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2019
amaniro:

Foolish sentimental thing. I expected you to say South South but because of your hatred you mentioned igbo

Get LOST!

Arochukwu was sold to colonial Britain and they merged Ngwa and Wawa with Oil protectorate in SS.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 12:28am On Jul 27, 2019
ikennamadu1:
see why u no sabi common rules.. Go back to school Mr man... U saw metaphysical.. U did not type rule 2... When i fired back u wrote rule 2.. If u go heaven make I see wetin cause am

No mind am. They will claim bravery but ordinary online pressure is too much for them to handle, they start calling mods for rescue.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Acecube(m): 12:33am On Jul 27, 2019
Lovelyn451:
noo, a friend and he's super intelligent, love hanging around him until dad found out from gossipers and almost killed me, even accused me of smoking with him but I never did...lol, I miss him
lolz... E prevented you from associating with him right ?
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 27, 2019
WoeBetide666:

You read There Was a Country in primary school? You must be really young grin

The young shall grow...

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by 12inchess: 1:12am On Jul 27, 2019
If Nigeria was sold to British fine. Nigeria is not the only piece of land to be sold. Alaska was sold to the U. S by Russia and see what the U. S made of it. Singapore and Malaysia were once British colonies. Hong Kong has a long standing history with Britain. All this countries have moved on and made something of their nations. That is why I'm so ashamed of Nigeria. Nigeria should be a shinnng beacon to Africans and all black people all over the world. The most populous black nation and the largest concentration of people with black skin, blackness and melanin the earth has ever known. We should be the hope of African Americans even the U. S similar to what Chinese is to the south east asians. And if youre still not sure of what Nigeria could be, just look at the influence of Afrobeat in the last 10 years to the extent that one of Disney's most Successful movies blockbusters the Lion King has an heavily infused Afrobeat soundtrack. And if we are not mistaken of our influence, why are not on the U. N security council? But the shame of the contraption called Nigeria is that our leaders have failed to rightful take their positions in the country and hence in the world and that is why Nigeria is still the poverty capital of black people. You cannot mention the word "Africa" or "black" in one breath without using the other to breath to breathe(sic) Nigeria. Nigeria has people have described in the past is "a sleeping giant that has failed to wake up." Perhaps we need a Jack to cut this tree if the giant will never wake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by MetaPhysical: 1:18am On Jul 27, 2019
Pre- colonial Ibo was politically under Igala domination. Arochukwu was not an independent state and neither was Aguleri.

Ijaw dominated trade and the creek waterways. Since there were no roads, Ibos were dependent on Ijaw to ferry them across waters whether to market or on visits to neighboring villages. Thus Ijaws had opportunity to control access and hence ambush slaves.

Ibos were saved from their Igala colonizers by the oil palm merchants who saw palm oil as a replacement stock for slave trade. They set up operations hinterland after securing Treaty with Attah Igala. This operation was the beginning of Royal Niger Company on the land. Slave trading was abolished and so the capture of Ibo for exchange was outlawed. Britain faced fierce hostilities from Igala and Ijaw. Hence they figured if they empower the enslaved they could get advantage of using Ibo vengeance as counterforce against the hostile people. This is what made Ibo a majority tribe. Colonial Britain, Merchants and missionaries empowered and used them to dismantle the structured power of Igala and Ijaw.

Ask Ijaw to produce their Treaty, they will show you. Ask Igala to produce their Treaty, they will show you. Now, ask Ibo to produce Treaty, they have none!

Their record of nationhood is a receipt of purchase from Royal Niger Company. Hence they were not a part of British Nigeria to begin with. Ibo can leave Nigeria any fckng time they want....but they dont have a clue on how to present their unique case diplomatically...what they understand is use of brute force to separate.

Woo, Im tired of talking about Ibo jare! Let me go find something to do.

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by DeOTR: 1:47am On Jul 27, 2019
Nanop1:

Where are u let me take my share of the money since your grandfather worked for dem bcoz me I know receive d share of d money wey dey take buy Nigeria..
You're funny. My great grandfather had no share in the company. He was just an employee.
That sum of money was not the full price anyway.
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 27, 2019
codemaniacs:

awolowo was an ethnic supremacist and would never partner with anyone, the western region was richest region at that time that's why zik was obsessed with the western region.

zik had no business putting mouth in western politics when he had eastern politics already.

There are so many things you never knew about Awo. It was true that Awo secretly wanted to form an alliance with NPC it was Okotie Eboh that convinces Zik to Quickly form the alliance with NPC. Funny the same Awo wanted to form an alliance with NCNC while trying to secretly form an alliance with NPC. Mind you the western region was not the richest. Yes they had Cocoa, but they were not as rich as the Eastern region that had Coal, Rubber, palm oil. Please let us get our history correct and stop the lies being pandered for years.
I read a report then on the regions in Nigeria. In the west the ratio of teachers to students was 1: 200 while in the east it was 1: 50 that was why Awo introduced free education to see if he could bridge the gap between the east and west in education. The west got education first but the east in a few years through missionary system of education advanced ahead of the west.

In medicine the ratio of doctors to the populations in the region was stated below;

West 1: 500
East 1: 100
North 1: 1500

So the honest truth was that the east had a far better indices of development. The Biafran war destroyed everything. Awo had hindsight of establishing the Ikeja industrial estate to take advantage of closeness to Apapa ports. In the 60s apart from Ibadan and Lagos which understandably was the capital territory you had no big cities in the region. But in the Eastern region there was Onitsha, Enugu(the capital), Calabar, Portharcourt, Umuahia.

It is high time the truth is told about the developmental indices of the regions prior to 66

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Pre- colonial Ibo was politically under Igala domination. Arochukwu was not an independent state and neither was Aguleri.

Ijaw dominated trade and the creek waterways. Since there were no roads, Ibos were dependent on Ijaw to ferry them across waters whether to market or on visits to neighboring villages. Thus Ijaws had opportunity to control access and hence ambush slaves.

Bros there was no Igala treaty on capture of Ibo slaves. The Igbo were forest people and even at that they were independent in nature. Let us stop manipulating history for selfish interests. There was the Arochukwu Confederacy that was helped by the dreaded Ohafia warriors. They were the ones that sourced slaves and brought them to Bonny via Imo river and the creeks. They needed to go to the hinterland to continue the business hence they started migrating northward from Arochukwu that is why you have so many Aro settlements with Arondizuogu being the largest of the Aro settlements. The Aro were forced to surrender with the British who fought them in the war with the Aro. That was where the myth of Long Juju was formed.

Ibos were saved from their Igala colonizers by the oil palm merchants who saw palm oil as a replacement stock for slave trade. They set up operations hinterland after securing Treaty with Attah Igala. This operation was the beginning of Royal Niger Company on the land. Slave trading was abolished and so the capture of Ibo for exchange was outlawed. Britain faced fierce hostilities from Igala and Ijaw. Hence they figured if they empower the enslaved they could get advantage of using Ibo vengeance as counterforce against the hostile people. This is what made Ibo a majority tribe. Colonial Britain, Merchants and missionaries empowered and used them to dismantle the structured power of Igala and Ijaw.

Ask Ijaw to produce their Treaty, they will show you. Ask Igala to produce their Treaty, they will show you. Now, ask Ibo to produce Treaty, they have none!

Their record of nationhood is a receipt of purchase from Royal Niger Company. Hence they were not a part of British Nigeria to begin with. Ibo can leave Nigeria any fckng time they want....but they dont have a clue on how to present their unique case diplomatically...what they understand is use of brute force to separate.

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Bros there was no Igala treaty on capture of Ibo slaves. The Igbo were forest people and even at that they were independent in nature. Let us stop manipulating history for selfish interests. There was the Arochukwu Confederacy that was helped by the dreaded Ohafia warriors. They were the ones that sourced slaves and brought them to Bonny via Imo river and the creeks. They needed to go to the hinterland to continue the business hence they started migrating northward from Arochukwu that is why you have so many Aro settlements with Arondizuogu being the largest of the Aro settlements. The Aro were forced to surrender with the British who fought them in the war with the Aro. That was where the myth of Long Juju was formed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 27, 2019
codemaniacs:

my point is no one who is continuously "helping us destroy ourselves " can be absolved of blame because they are still involved, unless you don't understand english again grin grin grin

like I told Obusjames, "it was the igbos that had influence and power from 1914 till 1960, so it was the igbos that messed up by starting a civil war and ending regionalism in 1967..."

It was never ibos that destroyed regionalism. The blame rests solely with Gowon. He created 12 states during the war. Even during Ironsi's unitary decree there was still regions. Please let us get our history straight.

1 Like

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by 9jaRealist: 3:47am On Jul 27, 2019
Illiterate ‘yoots’...
Not at all surprised. SMH
undecided
>
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by LZAA: 4:18am On Jul 27, 2019
immhotep:

Take heart.

cc lzaa
grin
Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by LZAA: 4:19am On Jul 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

All i said is conquered tribe grin
So u finally agree afonjas are a conquered tribe
Immhotep must hear this grin
Cc adaibeku bastardmod Afonjaconehead

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Born2Breed(f): 6:17am On Jul 27, 2019
selemempe:
are the north ready to live and let live? They cause all thesw talk of division.

In 1966 a few igbos along with soldiers from other tribes did a coup....the north replied by killing 30,000 igbos living in the north...that was hw biafra was born.

U have seen how they forced their region to become a shariah region even tho christians live in it too...

U have seen the rough politics they have played from awolowo's disgrace to abiola family disgrace to killing of corpers in 2011 to varios riots because of politics

U have seen how they formed boko haram and are arming fulani miltias now.

Should we continue with the north to maintain diversity that has kept the nation down?

You deserve these...

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by whirlwind7(m): 6:17am On Jul 27, 2019
codemaniacs:

lies...

palm oil, cocoa was more valuable than crude oil at that time....

if ojukwu and his gang never declared biafra there wouldn't have been any war and igbos and other eastern nations would have been enjoying the oil..

Many unlettered assholes such as you are all over the place like toilet flies, buzzing around and trying your damnedest to contaminate documented information.

Let me school you a little for free.
Ojukwu and the governing council of the SE region never declared war.
After Gowon's government reneged on all the agreements both parties arrived at in Aburi, Ghana, the SE were left with no choice than to secede. This was more so as the ongoing killings of innocent Igbos continued all over Nigeria with the FG doing nothing to stop it.
FYI, the Ghanaian government has a fully documented transcript of the meeting at Aburi, in case you don't believe the ones at your disposal in Nigeria. Go to the public library in Accra to read them.

FG at first declared a "police action" for a few days to whip the "erring" and defiant Igbos into place. But several months later, they realized how resolute the Igbos are. Then a full scale military action was declared by the FG.

Who declares war and goes into defensive mode? Did your small mind tell you that is a contradiction?

Igbos largely defended their Homeland from the invading FG millitary might. They can't declare war and just sit at home to defend. FG declared the war, in the real sense of the word. Igbos merely declared a sovereign nation of Biafra.

Do you get it now? Don't thank me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Born2Breed(f): 6:21am On Jul 27, 2019
whirlwind7:

Many unlettered assholes such as you are all over the place like toilet flies, buzzing around and trying your damnedest to contaminate documented information.

Let me school you a little for free.
Ojukwu and the governing council of the SE region never declared war.
After Gowon's government reneged on all the agreements both parties arrived at in Aburi, Ghana, the SE were left with no choice than to secede. This was more so as the ongoing killings of innocent Igbos continued all over Nigeria with the FG doing nothing to stop it.
FYI, the Ghanaian government has a fully documented transcript of the meeting at Aburi, in case you don't believe the ones at your disposal in Nigeria. Go to the public library in Accra to read them.

FG at first declared a "police action" for a few days to whip the "erring" and defiant Igbos into place. But several months later, they realized how resolute the Igbos are. Then a full scale military action was declared by the FG.

Who declares war and goes into defensive mode? Did your small mind tell you that is a contradiction?

Igbos largely defended their Homeland from the invading FG millitary might. They can't declare war and just sit at home to defend. FG declared the war, in the real sense of the word. Igbos merely declared a sovereign nation of Biafra.

Do you get it now? Don't thank me.

2 Likes

Re: Royal Niger Company Trends On Twitter by Chu2k2: 6:35am On Jul 27, 2019
Burna boy is currently modern day fella...
Only God can end Neo-colonialism or imperialism in Africa...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Officers Push Their Faulty Van As Passersby Refuse To Help In Ilorin: Pix / I Have Received Death Threats - Obasanjo / I Didn’t Lose, The Results Will Be Corrected —akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.