Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Why do women look down on poor men? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why do women look down on poor men? (4009 Views)

What Most Guys Who Demand Too Much Of Women Look Like (pic) / Why Do Women Look At My Feet In Public? / Poor Men Love Big Breasts, The Rich Prefer Them Smaller –study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by MarieSucre(f): 4:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Jasparrow1:
Most especially ladies. Ladies are the main people looking down on poor men because they want guys who will take care of their financials

Kazyhm

So all the big men who look down on poorer and less powerful men who cross their path, all the ones that they will send their guards to beat or harass them, and be asking them "do you know who I am"? They are all women se.

Recently Elisa Abbo beat up a woman in a intimacy gadget shop, an Akwa Ibom commissioner beat up a craftsman who he was owing money, there are countless stories of men beating, assaulting, arresting, harassing, oppressing or getting people to walk out of their compound other men who they feel are lessesmm than them in one way or another hence cannot fight back but yet you are blind to all these.

Only a quick search on nairaland will clear your doubt but instead it's to be crying how women make poor men feel bad.

Honestly, I feel women who behave disdainfully towards men because they feel they are poorer are horrible people. And unlike you I don't just cry online, I have called out women in my circle who have behaved in such a manner, it speaks badly of a person and I do not like to be associated with that and will not sit quietly and just watch.

The take away from this sha is that nobody owes you a relationship. Simple! Whether you're a man or woman. You can only hope they feel the same way about you as you do about them, but if they don't, MOVE THE FVCK ON!!
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by MarieSucre(f): 4:20am On Jul 27, 2019
Nesso:
For women it's all abt survival my brother. So they are constantly looking and seeking out men with resources to ensure the survival of her and her offsprings, so any man that doesn't fit that profile is treated as an outcast and with disdain. Don't blame them or hate them tho cos if they weren't like dat we men won't strive to be better, we will be indoors all day playing video games without a purpose in life.

I just want to make a quick correction If you don't mind.

I don't think it is solely about making the man strive better but ensuring the survival of whatever offspring they get. In the old days, By the time a woman was 4 or 5 months along, it would get increasingly hard for her to source for food, whether from hunting, fishing or farming, all very tenous activities and that's where the male partner came in.

Note, even the first few years of a childbirth there was still that handicap, assuming she knew how to hunt, the last thing one would want to do would be carry a toddler one hunt, the cry of the baby alone could make you another animals food.

Finally, each pregnancy manifests differently, so even if she was somehow able to carry out all the above mentioned tasks during a previous pregnancy and sustain her and her child, they next pregnancy might have more complications, and who would be ideal to fill the gap, the man who contributed his seed to the conception of that child and he would have more incentive because, well it's his child.

Now, we are in the modern age so of course the dynamics have changed. Occupations have become more lenient, you can work from your office with AC blowing you, you can hire professionals to watch a child or you can work from home.

So a couple can do what best works for them, if the woman wants to stay at home and the man goes to bring in the means of sustenance or if the man wants to stay at home and the woman brings in the means of sustenance or if they both want to go out and bring in the means of sustenance, or if they both want to stay at home and rely on their sugar mummy(I'm just kidding), these are all options now. You get the idea.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by seguno2: 5:21am On Jul 27, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
I got to mention though an Hausa lady was quite instrumental to us getting this partnership. She was a staff in the company as of when we applied to be partners and kept on pushing our case forward and updating us. This woman's efforts really made a lot of difference. However the woman after we got the partnership handed us over to her colleague who was an Igbo woman. Here comes our nightmares. Because we are a small company. We don't have a lot of money to invest. Other partners to this conglomerate are multi billion naira companies but a small unknown company like ours was able to become a partner. The lady is utterly rude. She doesn't pick calls and she doesn't reply to messages. I initially was excited because I am Igbo and I felt having an Igbo lady as our in-house contact would help our cause since we are from the same tribe. I was dead wrong. So far ever since we got this partnership this lady has done everything to frustrate us. She doesn't care to attend to us or update us on anything. I got fed up yesterday and reported her to her superiors and I eventually got what I was looking for but this got me thinking.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Shoutout to all the petty and irredeemable tribalism folks here. Una see una photo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Logobenz1: 5:35am On Jul 27, 2019
seguno2:

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Shoutout to all the petty and irredeemable tribalism folks here. Una see una photo
lol

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by kazyhm(m): 6:39am On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

Kazyhm

So all the big men who look down on poorer and less powerful men who cross their path, all the ones that they will send their guards to beat or harass them, and be asking them "do you know who I am"? They are all women se.

Recently Elisa Abbo beat up a woman in a intimacy gadget shop, an Akwa Ibom commissioner beat up a craftsman who he was owing money, there are countless stories of men beating, assaulting, arresting, harassing, oppressing or getting people to walk out of their compound other men who they feel are lessesmm than them in one way or another hence cannot fight back but yet you are blind to all these.

Only a quick search on nairaland will clear your doubt but instead it's to be crying how women make poor men feel bad.

Honestly, I feel women who behave disdainfully towards men because they feel they are poorer are horrible people. And unlike you I don't just cry online, I have called out women in my circle who have behaved in such a manner, it speaks badly of a person and I do not like to be associated with that and will not sit quietly and just watch.

The take away from this sha is that nobody owes you a relationship. Simple! Whether you're a man or woman. You can only hope they feel the same way about you as you do about them, but if they don't, MOVE THE FVCK ON!!

I agreed with you however those are rich men vs their aids, sales person and poorer friends. My point is you don't even have to be poorer than ladies.........the prerequisite for bad treatment from them is in their head.....they treat you by their own perception of you even if they have no idea of who you are in the first place...........

I can tell you from experience in my place of work.......like for example a lady that is far junior to me in level talked to me rudely in fact reported me to her friend (same level with her) in HR department to discipline me........thinking I'm a corper............just because i look young. At the end, I had to plead with her HOD not to give her query after she and her friend had written an apology letter to me.

Nairaland is even worse with ladies....... They insult you anyhow even without them having an Idea of how you look.......they describe you in an unimaginable manner..............meaning you didn't search well enough to come to such conclusion
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Truthsbitter: 8:21am On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

What would be your ideal situation as regards a woman and approach to financial realities?
If I understand your question rightly.
you're saying what do I think is the ideal situation concerning women's approach to financial realities.

concerning financial approach, to me there should be no restrictions to women as much as it is to men and there should be restrictions to women as much as it is to men. if possible allow more opportunities to women when it involves simpler and/or less complex jobs.
But I advice that women of this age shun relying on men for financial gains or liberation( it would solve a lot of relationship mismatch, mistakes). hustle to pride yourself a free woman whose decisions to relationship with men is not particularly made on level of the mans financial background (it will help women be more responsible for their choice of man or relationship).
Now in terms of women living off men, I have got no problem with that as long as the man was not forced to give out his money(even if he was deceived through fake love by the woman just to get money from him, as we see it happen often " i cuss men who propose in public because they were deceived into thinking they were loved". that is why i also cuss girls who claimed to be deceived into sex by marriage promise). sorry for the last part I was only stretching my opinion and thoughts . i cuss men who propose in public because they were deceived into thinking they were loved
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Gerrard59(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol. It is a "give-women-zerofucks" pill. They take it, then spend their time talking about same women and their actions.

grin

So, but the OP (Tensazangetsu20) has criticised NL's males for doing the bold. Apparently, he's a hypocritical red piller. grin

1 Like

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Gerrard59(m): 10:20am On Jul 27, 2019
Truthsbitter:

If I understand your question rightly.
you're saying what do I think is the ideal situation concerning women's approach to financial realities.

concerning financial approach, to me there should be no restrictions to women as much as it is to men and there should be restrictions to women as much as it is to men. if possible allow more opportunities to women when it involves simpler and/or less complex jobs.
But I advice that women of this age shun relying on men for financial gains or liberation( it would solve a lot of relationship mismatch, mistakes). hustle to pride yourself a free woman whose decisions to relationship with men is not particularly made on level of the mans financial background (it will help women be more responsible for their choice of man or relationship).
Now in terms of women living off men, I have got no problem with that as long as the man was not forced to give out his money(even if he was deceived through fake love by the woman just to get money from him, as we see it happen often " i cuss men who propose in public because they were deceived into thinking they were loved". that is why i also cuss girls who claimed to be deceived into sex by marriage promise). sorry for the last part I was only stretching my opinion and thoughts . i cuss men who propose in public because they were deceived into thinking they were loved

But those kind of women are said to be proud, haughty by the vast majority of NL males. On one hand, women should be financially independent, on the other hand, these women are proud and cannot be submissive (whatever it means).

Hypocrisy everywhere!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by pocohantas(f): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2019
Gerrard59:

grin

So, but the OP (Tetanus20) has criticised NL's males for doing the bold. Apparently, he's a hypocritical red piller. grin

99.83 percent are. grin

Just open romance section and na only woman matter full everywhere. Always thought women are the "emotional ones". Nawa!

By the way, read the OP again. An Hausa woman helped them get the partnership, he didn't create a thread "WHY DO WOMEN HELP POOR MEN". But one woman misbehaved and he rushes to create a thread "WHY DO WOMEN LOOK DOWN ON POOR MEN".

This is why I have always asked NL resident alfah males, WHY DO THEY ONLY GENERALISE WOMEN ON EVIL? grin

5 Likes

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Truthsbitter: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2019
Gerrard59:

But those kind of women are said to be proud, haughty by the vast majority of NL males. On one hand, women should be financially independent, on the other hand, these women are proud and cannot be submissive (whatever it means).

Hypocrisy everywhere!
Who said they must be proud?
anyone who assumes that all independent women are proud is naive and perhaps an hypocrite but yet it is not entirely correct to say financially independent women are not proud women.

The truth is that people who are financially independent or rich tends to become proud easily ...whether women or men.

But whatever the case maybe (criticisms or no criticism, hypocrisy or no hypocrisy). The truth remains that it is better to be financially independent than to become a liability especially forcing oneself into a relationship with the intention of being financially liberated ...bad mentality.
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Gerrard59(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
Truthsbitter:

Who said they must be proud?
anyone who assumes that all independent women are proud is naive and perhaps an hypocrite but yet it is not entirely correct to say financially independent women are not proud women.

The truth is that people who are financially independent or rich tends to become proud easily ...whether women or men.

But whatever the case maybe (criticisms or no criticism, hypocrisy or no hypocrisy). The truth remains that it is better to be financially independent than to become a liability especially forcing oneself into a relationship with the intention of being financially liberated ...bad mentality.

cool

However, it's pertinent to note that women marry up not down. So, at the end of the day, the vast majority of women will marry men who have more financial resources than they do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Gerrard59(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
pocohantas:

99.83 percent are. grin

Just open romance section and na only woman matter full everywhere. Always thought women are the "emotional ones". Nawa!

By the way, read the OP again. An Hausa woman helped them get the partnership, he didn't a thread "WHY DO WOMEN HELP POOR MEN". But one woman misbehaved and he rushes to create a thread "WHY DO WOMEN LOOK DOWN ON POOR MEN".

This is why I have always asked NL resident alfah males, WHY DO THEY ONLY GENERALISE WOMEN ON EVIL? grin

Product: Hypo by Crisy
Producer: NL resident's Alfa Meils

Expiry date: E no dey expire.

grin.

2 Likes

Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Truthsbitter: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gerrard59:

cool

However, it's pertinent to note that women marry up not down. So, at the end of the day, the vast majority of women will marry men who have more financial resources than they do.
true so bro, but financially independent.
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by exporttraining: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2019
It's only poor men with no attractive joystick.

new natural herb product in form of powder and oil to increase your joystick size is out for all sundries. No need to worry anymore on your joystick size. You can increase the size to satisfy your partner more than never before. 90% of women will never say the truth on how they feel after making love with them. They believe that you will start to feel somehow. You are not alone in the mess. Within 18-24 days you achieve the permanent joystick increase in size.

Usage.

You mix the powder with milk and drink it once in every 3days.

You rub the oil on the joystick twice daily on the Same day you take the powder with milk.

This works perfectly with no side effects. These are different from chemical mixed product. Anyone can take it.

*We deliver to anywhere in Nigeria including outside Nigeria.

This is new development and work better.

For any info, you may reach.

Call line: 08035268121

WhatsApp: 07018251533
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by MarieSucre(f): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
kazyhm:

I agreed with you however those are rich men vs their aids, sales person and poorer friends. My point is you don't even have to be poorer than ladies.........the prerequisite for bad treatment from them is in their head.....they treat you by their own perception of you even if they have no idea of who you are in the first place...........

I can tell you from experience in my place of work.......like for example a lady that is far junior to me in level talked to me rudely in fact reported me to her friend (same level with her) in HR department to discipline me........thinking I'm a corper............just because i look young. At the end, I had to plead with her HOD not to give her query after she and her friend had written an apology letter to me.

Nairaland is even worse with ladies....... They insult you anyhow even without them having an Idea of how you look.......they describe you in an unimaginable manner..............meaning you didn't search well enough to come to such conclusion

I see what you're saying but I want you to understand where I'm coming from. Have you seen the way men talk about women on nairaland here.

"cheap", "LovePeddler", "slut", "olosho" etc

A lot of ladies are always on guard.
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by kazyhm(m): 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2019
MarieSucre:

I see what you're saying but I want you understand where I'm coming from. Have you seen the way men talk about women on nairaland here.

"cheap", "LovePeddler", "slut", "olosho" etc

A lot of ladies are always on guard.

Alrt. I understand
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by healthserve(m): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
djon78:

The things we experience in life acts as a good lesson teacher if we are able to learn these lessons.

Its not just only women, the society we live in look down on poor men. But it is a very bad thing. It shows the class and quality of human beings we have around us.

I personally detest people that do that.
Women who do such must be totally avoided by men for relationship purposes if you want to go far in life. They can only be driven by money which is very dangerous. Loyalty is far away from there nature. But it's not every woman. There are still good women out there.

That's why its not good to show off and attract a woman with your money for a man in serious lifetime relationship. Hide your money, live simply, don't be extravagant. Because majority of times you attract the wrong ones, the worst kind of beings.

Wise
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Gerrard59:

Product: Hypo by Crisy
Producer: NL resident's Alfa Meils

Expiry date: E no dey expire.

grin.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why do women look down on poor men? by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Gerrard59:

Hypocrisy everywhere!

kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Couldn’t Walk The Next Day” –Woman, 80, Talks About Sex With Boyfriend, 35 / Girls With Their Romantic Picture Pose / Who Is Your Nairaland Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.