Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman (58738 Views)

Is The Omu Anioma The Only Female Throne In Igbo Land? / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

There could be yoruba settlers in Anioma, there could also be yoruba people in Ondo state who were carved into Anioma territory during state creation, it's no big deal.

Same way there are ijaws in Ondo state

The truth is this,those olukumis have been assimilated by the igbo people in delta state.if you ask an olukumi man his tribe or ethnic group ,he can’t say Yoruba..lai lai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Is that so? East_link you sabi lie o! Tell me more, sometimes I enjoy listening to tales by lantern lightgrin grin grin
Lol! grin grin. But check out the fact abeg. Between Olukumi and Yoruba who come first. Please who's older than the other. If Olukumi comes first and if Yoruba is a recent invention, don't you think that Olukumi should be the ancestors of the Yoruba's?
Check am abeg
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Olukumi are not Yoruba's! They may have migrated from somewhere in Ondo but they are not Yoruba's. They have no link to Oduduwa sons or lineages. Their link with the Yoruba's is only on linguistic grounds.
On close grounds, the Olukumi's are older than the Yoruba's and may be seen as the ancestors of the Yoruba's and Itshekiri's.

Its like saying the sun does not shine. Who says that? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Olisa what do you think of this possibility: Yoruba gave birth to Edo and Edo gave birth to Igbo? That makes me your cultural grandfather. You need to show some respect joor.

Lwkmd..if you can show me the evidence of who senior who,I will doff my cap for you..lol
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Wikipedia ?... I give up!
How come they have Obi instead of Oba through Okpala Obi system.. ?

When did Yoruba's start adopting Obi as their traditional ruler instead of Oba ?
I don't have time for blind argument..

Abeg help me check am. There are no tricks our brother's from the West won't pull on Wikipedia grin
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

The truth is this,those olukumis have been assimilated by the igbo people in delta state.if you ask an olukumi man his tribe or ethnic group ,he can’t say Yoruba..lai lai

Yes u are right, that could possibly be the case.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Its like saying the sun does not shine. Who says that? grin grin grin
The sun must always shine.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

The are not carved from anywhere. The are bonafide Aniomas. It must be a big deal since you took your time to respond. tongue By the way I like your moniker, what's the story behind the name?

""It must be a big deal since you took your time to respond. ''''

Are u normal?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Olukumi are not Yoruba's! They may have migrated from somewhere in Ondo but they are not Yoruba's. They have no link to Oduduwa sons or lineages. Their link with the Yoruba's is only on linguistic grounds.
On close grounds, the Olukumi's are older than the Yoruba's and may be seen as the ancestors of the Yoruba's and Itshekiri's.

Go and Change their History if you can

Olukumi people are Yoruba and will always be Yoruba tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Lol! grin grin. But check out the fact abeg. Between Olukumi and Yoruba who come first. Please who's older than the other. If Olukumi comes first and if Yoruba is a recent invention, don't you think that Olukumi should be the ancestors of the Yoruba's?
Check am abeg

This is another topic now. Shay u go open the thread, make I join? Now, what if Yorubas are the culturally grandfathers of Igbos? Do you know what that means? That means whenever you see me, you must dobale cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""It must be a big deal since you took your time to respond. ''''

Are u normal?

God no I am not normal. Normal is for ordinary people. I am extraordinary. Now, let me ask you, are you okay? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Those guy have been editing Wikipedia pages with alien Yoruba names. We know their pranks, Lol! Mozin Ogooluwa ko Mozi ni..

Lwkmd!
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
The sun must always shine.

Exactly. Hence Olukumi Yorubaness is not debatable. QED. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
kennyblack94:

How?..ain’t Igbos buh they speak Igbo,dress Igbo their culture same as Igbos,celebrate same festival Iwaji(New Yam festival).��...I’m from Enugu..my community have some kindred who traced their lineage to Benue and cross river buh we’re all Igbos that’s to show how emigration shaped our continent,if not for stupid society we live in,tribe wouldn’t matter rather we’d identify as Nigerians..
NB: I don’t promote tribalism, I had to put it straight outta..

your opinion.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

God no I am not normal. Normal is for ordinary people. I am extraordinary. Now, let me ask you, are you okay? cheesy

Even ur username strongly suggests that u are extraordinarily abnormal.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Even ur username strongly suggests that u are extraordinarily abnormal.

grin grin grin I like you already. If we 2 enter bar go shayo will go yarn well. grin grin grin
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Arochukwu in Abia state have efik n Ibibio as part of them.
Enugu state have Igala, idoma n Bini among dem.
Anambra state has Bini n Igala among dem.
Ebonyi state have Efik among dem too.
The list is endless

Anambra has no Benin among them.
Igalas have been fully igbonized.
carry your whack history and remain in Enugu.
moreover Enugu is Igala, hausa, Idoma even Tiv.
Real igbos are minority there.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U also didn't read the thread.

Anioma bu ndi IGBO, even the word Anioma is igbo language

Seek wisdom not emotion.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Lwkmd..if you can show me the evidence of who senior who,I will doff my cap for you..lol

olisa even in ur heart of hearts you know we are your cultural grandfathers...oya come and dobale for me my son. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

olisa even in ur heart of hearts you know we are your cultural grandfathers...oya come and dobale for me my son. cheesy

Lwkmd!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Seek wisdom not emotion.

Is this is ur wisdom, I'd rather be a FooOOOool
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by bennynaza(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I doubt of u read this interview.

They are Anioma ethnic group.

Is now clear than over 94 percent of nairaland so only reads headline

You are the one who didn't read. Read the intro of the interview
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:

They are Yoruba no matter what you say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Anambra has no Benin among them.

Igalas have been fully igbonized.

carry your whack history and remain in Enugu.

moreover Enugu is Igala, hausa, Idoma even Tiv.

Real igbos are minority there.

Now I see u must be that other foooolish moniker called osagefo or sth like that grin cheesy grin.

There are Bini people in Onitsha, u can rant as long as u wish, it changes nothing.

Igala people exist in Anambra as well, they are Nzam people.

Rant on man, rant on.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

grin grin grin I like you already. If we 2 enter bar go shayo will go yarn well. grin grin grin

No Sir.

We aren't similar
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

Go and Change their History if you can

Olukumi people are Yoruba and will always be Yoruba tongue
I believe celebrations are ongoing in all Yoruba towns and forums. grin Enough Eyan, Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu with fresh palm wine will be used to celebrate a family reunion of the Olukumi to the Yoruba fold. Kunle and Saheedi must be jubilating now. This celebration go bad gan.
But please, did the Olukumi tell you they are Yoruba's? Olukumi is Olukumi, Yoruba is Yoruba.
I don't know why you Yoruba's like attaching yourselves to the Igbo's. If it's not marrying Igbo wives, na to come rewrite Omo Igbo history.
The other day it was Ooni telling the world that Ile-Ife is is the origin of the Igbos. Today, the Yoruba's are trying all means possible to deep their hands into Igbo territories. Despites all the affiliations, have the Igbo's at any time drag all the Igbo sounding towns in Yoruba land? Why can't you guys allow us be for once. The Olukumi's you're carrying their matter for head like gala no even send una work. To them, the Yoruba's are another tribe who dislikes their people and who helped commit genocide against them during the civil war.
Olukumi's are not Yoruba's! Go find your brothers in Benin republic and the North Central. The Olukumi's are part and parcel of Igboland.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Is this is ur wisdom, I'd rather be a FooOOOool

Is ok by me if u are.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by YungMillionaire: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Its not about belief my dear, facts are facts. Olukunmis and Itsekiris (awon to wa itse ki ri) are descendants of Yorubas in Delta.

Cc. Yungmillionaire this lovely Igbo gal is doubting your Itsekiri connection to Ijebu cheesy

Please Igbo girl no come between us and our Yoruba cousins o! I go use ogun swear for you. My grandparents still remembers their parents speaking Ijebu. I am Itsekiri and I am very very proud of my Yoruba roots. And please there is no h in Itsekiri. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Princedapace(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
SocialJustice:
Lol, you quoted the wrong person and Anioma are not igbo. Arguing won't change that fact. It is like saying the Urhobos are Binis because they originated from there and have similar cultures.

U are just been unrealistic!

Anioma people are igbo bro. People are identified based on their origin. Stop this nonsense talk u are talking.

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
I believe celebrations are ongoing in all Yoruba towns and forums. grin Enough Eyan, Amala, Gbegiri and Ewedu with fresh palm wine will be used to celebrate a family reunion of the Olukumi to the Yoruba fold. Kunle and Saheedi must be jubilating now. This celebration go bad gan.
But please, did the Olukumi tell you they are Yoruba's? Olukumi is Olukumi, Yoruba is Yoruba.
I don't know why you Yoruba's like attaching yourselves to the Igbo's. If it's not marrying Igbo wives, na to come rewrite Omo Igbo history.
The other day it was Ooni telling the world that Ile-Ife is is the origin of the Igbos. Today, the Yoruba's ar trying alk means to deep their hands into Igbo territories. Despites all the affiliations, have the Igbo's at any time drag all the Igbo sounding towns in Yoruba land? Why can't you guys allow us be for once.
Olukumi's are not Yoruba's! Go find your brothers in Benin republic and the North Central. The Olukumi's are part and parcel of Igboland.

The Olukumi people are Yoruba

Cry more Harder cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by YungMillionaire: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

No Sir.
We aren't similar

Bros no vex o! wetin d guy do u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Now I see u must be that other foooolish moniker called osagefo or sth like that grin cheesy grin.

There are Bini people in Onitsha, u can rant as long as u wish, it changes nothing.

Igala people exist in Anambra as well, they are Nzam people.

Rant on man, rant on.

I wonder why u guys won't talk of your state but busy pointing to others.

This is pure you people have full given out your daughters in marriage to hausa fulani, benue state, taraba, plateau and even your men have married from this same places in uncountable numbers....

So you guys are now desperate to muzzle everybody into one stupid history...
is won't work but with that whack language been spoken in Enugu...

Real and pure breed of igbos without mix blood, we must always resist the stupid infiltrations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.