Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman (58778 Views)

Is The Omu Anioma The Only Female Throne In Igbo Land? / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

They have been assimilated.The dominant culture in delta north is Igbo.

The language survives despite the dominant non-Yoruba cultures surrounding them. And today many of them are beginning to wake up to their Yoruba greatness. Notable Olukumi people include: Mozin Oyomitole Raphael (Real Estate Billionaire), Mozin Yewande Adetumininu - Media Tycoon,Mozin Ogooluwa - Pilot etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olukumi_people

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
bikerboy1:
So many unconnected dots.....

You marry another woman to give you kids... who is responsible for servicing this new wife... your denounced husband

You keep mentioning God and even make reference to bible... but it doesn't seem like you're practicing a biblical doctrine.

All I see is an Avenue to promote feminism.

Feminists are coming for my head already

In the give, there are very many strange traditions belonging to the Israelites
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by selemempe: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Olukunmis are descendants of Yoruba.
did u see olukunmis in that my write up? I am telling u that in anioma there are pure igbos and people of mixed ethnicity (probably the olikunmis) and that aniocha and ossimili are pure 100%, unmixed igbos like every other igboman. Jj okocha and okonjo iweala are from there

3 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lovelyn451:
walahi, God should hear this.. grin

cheesy what are you waiting for? Make I give you transport? Heaven no far now, you see the transformer wey dey... lipsrsealed cheesy Na joke o! Make u no go kpansh urself o! You no say u fine.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Go to the heart of Anioma and ask the Olukunmi people

There could be yoruba settlers in Anioma, there could also be yoruba people in Ondo state who were carved into Anioma territory during state creation, it's no big deal.

Same way there are ijaws in Ondo state
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lovelyn451:
hmm..I dont believe there are Yoruba's in Delta state entirely talk more of Anioma, Issele uku, Aniocha,Asaba etc...yarn anoda tin abeg, u didnt even say Edo na Yoruba...

Its not about belief my dear, facts are facts. Olukunmis and Itsekiris (awon to wa itse ki ri) are descendants of Yorubas in Delta.

Cc. Yungmillionaire this lovely Igbo gal is doubting your Itsekiri connection to Ijebu cheesy
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

There could be yoruba settlers in Anioma, there could also be yoruba people in Ondo state who were carved into Anioma territory during state creation, it's no big deal.Same way there are ijaws in Ondo state

The are not carved from anywhere. The are bonafide Aniomas. It must be a big deal since you took your time to respond. tongue By the way I like your moniker, what's the story behind the name?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
selemempe:
did u see olukunmis in that my write up? I am telling u that in anioma there are pure igbos and people of mixed ethnicity (probably the olikunmis) and that aniocha and ossimili are pure 100%, unmixed igbos like every other igboman. Jj okocha and okonjo iweala are from there

Guy calm down, I did not respond to your original post. Now, check out this prominent Olukumi Nigerians:

Mozin Oyomitole Raphael - (Real Estate Billionaire)
Mozin Yewande Adetumininu - Media Tycoon
Mozin Ogooluwa - Pilot
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Julismma Aka Osagyfo.. Saying that Anioma is an ethnic group is like saying that Onisha or Nnewi is an ethnic group.
Anioma is a name given to Igbo speaking part of Delta State, Delta North to be precise by Chief Osadebe in 70's.
Anioma is not an ethnic group..
They are Igbos. Go and tell Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that she's not Igbo or Chuzie family..( The Biafran war commander) that they are not Igbos..

Stop chasing shadow by thinking you can divide Igbos simply because some fell into SS extraction.
This is your mission on nairaland with your numerous monikers. You opened this thread not because of the content of the news, but you opened it continue your failed game

@ the topic.. the thread is not about promoting lesibianism like some people are thinking due to headline ... It's about ensuring the continuation of a linage

The Olukumi people in Anioma are Yoruba

You guys should take note

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

The Olukumi people speak a distinct dialect of Yoruba that is being speak by Yoruba people in Brazil and Cuba, it is call Lucumi language

The Olukumi people are Yoruba and that's the fact

I am not doubting this but I categorically state that Olukumi decendants found in the much populated western igbo area of delta state have been assimilated by the dominant Igbo group.they have practically lost their olukumi language over hundreds of years ago due to their being in the midst/cohabitation with the dominant group which is igbo.but for educational purpose maybe,you can go there,call them yorubas and the response you get,please come back here and share with me with evidence.maybe there is something I am not saying right

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

The Olukumi people in Anioma are Yoruba

You guys should take note

Which language are they speaking?

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

I am not doubting this but I categorically state that Olukumi decendants found in the much populated western igbo area of delta state have been assimilated by the dominant Igbo group.they have practically lost their olukumi language over hundreds of years ago due to their being in the midst/cohabitation with the dominant group which is igbo.but for educational purpose maybe,you can go there,call them yorubas and the response you get,please come back here and share with me with evidence.maybe there is something I am not saying right

Go and tell this proud Olukunmi people that they are Igbos and come back and report your experience:

Mozin Ogooluwa - Pilot

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2019
selemempe:

Even Okonjo Iweala in a national daily publication said she was being attacked by other tribes because she is igbo.her father is the current Obi of Ogwashi Ukwu..the former Ohanaeze Ndi igbo president general was late Amb Ralph Uwechue who is also from Ogwashi ukwu in the delta north of delta state

3 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

It is not even only Olukumi that are in Anioma

There are Igala and Bini people there too

Whether they want to be known as Yoruba or not is their choice

But that wouldn't change the fact that they are Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Which language are they speaking?

Lukumi Language

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

[s]The Olukumi people in Anioma are Yoruba

You guys should take note[/s]

You guys have done a good job editing Wikipedia pages, with fictitious Yoruba sounding names with all intent to connect Anioma to Yoruba links too. Una try! But at the end the Olukumi's remain Igbo's till this date. Even the word Olukumi pre-dates the Yoruba abi na Oyoruba identity.
Keep fighting a losing battle. As far as Ndigbo and the Olukumi's themselves are concerned the Oyoruba tag is dead on arrival. Go look for your siblings in Ilorin, Kabba and Benin republic. Yoruba map west of the Niger ends in Ondo.

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Even Okonjo Iweala in a national daily publication said she was being attacked by other tribes because she is igbo.her father is the current Obi of Ogwashi Ukwu..the former Ohanaeze Ndi igbo president general was late Amb Ralph Uwechue who is also from Ogwashi ukwu in the delta north of delta state

Olisa Okonjo Iweala identifies as Igbo. Sunday Oliseh (someone with a name very similar to yours) identify as Bini. Mozin Yewande Adetumininu (another Anioma) identifies as Yoruba. This is a beautiful thing. Its not something to be wailing about.

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Go and tell this proud Olukunmi people that they are Igbos and come back and report your experience:

Mozin Ogooluwa - Pilot

Lol..you didn’t even complete the names of the people stated as olukumi people from your write up..let me add other names of olukumi people

Nduka Ugbade - (Former Nigerian football star and coach)
Helen Anyamelune - (Former Miss Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
You guys have done a good job editing Wikipedia pages, with fictitious Yoruba sounding names with all intent to connect Anioma to Yoruba links too. Una try! But at the end the Olukumi's remain Igbo's till this date. Even the word Olukumi pre-dates the Yoruba abi na Oyoruba identity.
Keep fighting a losing battle. As far as Ndigbo and the Olukumi's themselves are concerned the Oyoruba tag is dead on arrival. Go look for your siblings in Ilorin and Kabba.

East_link calm down now. You seeing things that are not there. Olukunmis been descendants of Yoruba has never been up for debate. Is like trying to debate the existence of the sun - its an exercise if futility. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Lol..you didn’t even complete the names of the people stated as olukumi people from your write up..let me add other names of olukumi people

Those guy have been editing Wikipedia pages with alien Yoruba names. We know their pranks, Lol! Mozin Ogooluwa ko Mozi ni..

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by kennyblack94: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Am not interested.

How can an afonja be in Anioma...blood.

Such things are not good for Anioma people.

They will betray and work against them anyday, anytime.

Issue is, they are not Igbos, Benin can claim no problem but afonja......hmmmmm

wise up.
How?..ain’t Igbos buh they speak Igbo,dress Igbo their culture same as Igbos,celebrate same festival Iwaji(New Yam festival).��...I’m from Enugu..my community have some kindred who traced their lineage to Benue and cross river buh we’re all Igbos that’s to show how emigration shaped our continent,if not for stupid society we live in,tribe wouldn’t matter rather we’d identify as Nigerians..
NB: I don’t promote tribalism, I had to put it straight outta..

3 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

East_link calm down now. You seeing things that are not there. Olukunmis been descendants of Yoruba has never been up for debate. Is like trying to debate the existence of the sun - its an exercise if futility. cheesy
Yoruba's are the descendants of the Olukumi's and not the other way round. The Olukumi's predates the Yoruba's fact.

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Olisa Okonjo Iweala identifies as Igbo. Sunday Oliseh (someone with a name very similar to yours) identify as Bini. Mozin Yewande Adetumininu (another Anioma) identifies as Yoruba. This is a beautiful thing. Its not something to be wailing about.

Ofcourse it’s not something to wail about but what matters and what you should seriously put into consideration is that 90% of the A.N.I.O.M.A people otherwise refered to as western igbos are proudly igbos and identify as such and many are all in igbo group both home and abroad and you can’t deny them that or rewrite their history because there are few who feel they are from Yoruba land or Benin land.as a matter of fact many scholars have tried to establish the relationship between Yoruba-Edo-igbo people.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

So, some bear Igbo-ish names and some bear Yoruba- names. What's the issue, olisa? BTW, olisah is the name of my best friend in secondary school. We call him olideh because he was a sure guy, he always dey any time he is called upon. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Keep fighting a losing battle. As far as Ndigbo and the Olukumi's themselves are concerned the Oyoruba tag is dead on arrival. Go look for your siblings in Ilorin, Kabba and Benin republic. Yoruba map west of the Niger ends in Ondo.

Shut up , why do you guys love crying even when no one is beating you?

The Olukumi people never denied their migration from Ondo

They are Yoruba and you can go slam your head against the wall cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

Lukumi Language

Wikipedia ?... I give up!
How come they have Obi instead of Oba through Okpala Obi system.. ?

When did Yoruba's start adopting Obi as their traditional ruler instead of Oba ?
I don't have time for blind argument..

3 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Wikipedia ?... I give up!
How come they have Obi instead of Oba through Okpala Obi system..

When did Yoruba's start adopting Obi as their traditional ruler instead of Oba ?
I don't have time for blind argument..

They adopted it

Even Igbo borrowed Obi from Benin people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Yoruba's are the descendants of the Olukumi's and not the other way round. The Olukumi's predates the Yoruba's fact.

Is that so? East_link you sabi lie o! Tell me more, sometimes I enjoy listening to tales by lantern lightgrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:
Those guy have been editing Wikipedia pages with alien Yoruba names. We know their pranks, Lol! Mozin Ogooluwa ko Mozi ni..

Lwkmd!..anyamelune and Nduka are Yoruba people na!!..lwkmd..
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
Elemosho478:

Shut up , why do you guys love crying even when no one is beating you?

The Olukumi people never denied their migration from Ondo

They are Yoruba and you can go slam your head against the wall cheesy
Olukumi are not Yoruba's! They may have migrated from somewhere in Ondo but they are not Yoruba's. They have no link to Oduduwa sons or lineages. Their link with the Yoruba's is only on linguistic grounds.
On close grounds, the Olukumi's are older than the Yoruba's and may be seen as the ancestors of the Yoruba's and Itshekiri's.

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Eastlink:

The Olukumi people migrated from Ondo according to their history

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by FisifunKododada: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
olisaokere:

Ofcourse it’s not something to wail about but what matters and what you should seriously put into consideration is that 90% of the A.N.I.O.M.A people otherwise refered to as western igbos are proudly igbos and identify as such and many are all in igbo group both home and abroad and you can’t deny them that or rewrite their history because there are few who feel they are from Yoruba land or Benin land.as a matter of fact many scholars have tried to establish the relationship between Yoruba-Edo-igbo people.

Olisa what do you think of this possibility: Yoruba gave birth to Edo and Edo gave birth to Igbo? That makes me your cultural grandfather. You need to show some respect joor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language / Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.