Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) (4149 Views)

SA - New Trend Of Men Hiring Expensive Booze In Clubs To Lure Ladies (PIX) / Nigerian Sex Workers Move Online To Ply Their Trade / Underaged Prostitutes Take Over Zimbabwe Bushes, Lure Passersby For Sex (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:53am On Jul 27, 2019
Police in Florida have released footage of 25 men who were snared in online sting operation designed to capture pedophiles.

The men are accused of trying to have sex with children as part of a Sarasota County Sheriff's Office undercover operation called Operation Intercept VI.

Sheriffs posed as minors on social media sites and online apps where suspects engaged in sexually explicit conversations with law enforcement officials.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7291071/Florida-Police-release-footage-undercover-pedophile-sting-operation.html

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:53am On Jul 27, 2019
The men traveled to a house in the county one from as far as Jacksonville with the intent of having sex with a child but instead walked into the arms of police officers.

Footage shows the two dozen men walking into the house expecting to be greeted with a child they are allegedly planning to molest.

But their plans are quickly scuppered when the door opens and police burst out, handcuffing the men and dragging them away.

A similar operation in 2018 led to the arrest of 21 individuals. More than 100 have been arrested in operations dating back to 2013.

Those convicted could face up to 15 years in prison, with a five-year minimum sentence.

'Unfortunately, the internet allows for easy and anonymous access to children by strangers who are hiding behind a computer screen,' Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight said in a news release.

'That is why these operations are paramount to ensuring our most vulnerable population is safe and protected.

'The men arrested during this operation managed to blend into society and attempted to prey on children by developing a trust through promises to exploit them for sexual purposes.

'So long as men like these prey upon our community, I will ensure our ongoing commitment to putting them behind bars.'

County Sheriff.

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by overdrive(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2019
Wow. Is this not obtaining by tricks I mean arresting by tricks

7 Likes

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Skmoda(m): 11:55am On Jul 27, 2019
They can't do something like this in Nigeria....lailai undecided
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by izzou(m): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2019
grin grin

Just look at INTELLIGENCE at work

If it's my country, it must either be through a TIP OFF or when residents bring it to a station

The Police in Florida have already stopped hundred of pedophile cases from occuring

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by PqsMike: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lol.... But they weren't caught in the act now

They'll be charged with "attempting to have sex with a minor"

The police needs to be charged with "Impersonation" too

3 Likes

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Davash222(m): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
But, they didn't Caught them.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by hahn(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
PqsMike:
Lol.... But they weren't caught in the act now

They'll be charged with "attempting to have sex with a minor"

The police needs to be charged with "Impersonation" too

It is called entrapment and it is legal. Same tactics are used for drug busts

2 Likes

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Nmezor(f): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
They they truly Guilty?
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Pearl05(f): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
Looking at them shows that they are sick.
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by StPete: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
Despicable
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Jokerman(m): 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
Sick men
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
We need this kind of taskforce in Nigeria. Both on social media and on the street.
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Yamleg: 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2019
If I had a world of my own, it would be a lovely world.
Babies would be born from old age and diminish to infants.
Then finally returns to the mother's womb.
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by luminouz(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
Not playing the racial slur part,but I can't see any blacks among them!

I don't know why though

1 Like

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by Holywizard: 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
I would have been arrested too but I would never visit a girl unless I'm sure she owns de room.
I'm not a pedophile but I love young girls tongue
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by michlins(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
These whites are messed up in the heads
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by tofolo(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2019
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by GURION: 12:16am On Jul 29, 2019
hahn:

It is called entrapment and it is legal. Same tactics are used for drug busts

Actually, entrapment if proven, is a legal basis for defense and eventual acquittal.

In this case, the modus operandi employed, is the determinant.

If the cops merely posed online as minors, yet online contact was initiated by the men, leading to an appointment and their arrest . . . they cannot make an entrapment defense.

On the other hand, if the cops had initiated random online contact to men while posing as minors, anybody eventually arrested for responding to that contact initiated by the cops, have legal grounds to make an entrapment defense.

I'm certain those cops know the drill and will avoid making that mistake.
Re: 25 Pedophiles Arrested In U. S. As Agents Posed As Minor Online To Lure(Pics) by tck2000(m): 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2019
Nice strategy

(1) (Reply)

I'm So Heartbroken Right Now Nairalanders / Did I Make The Right Decision Or Did I Overreact? / An Advice From A Sex Expert: Men Only (3) Nipple Sucking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.