Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation (46451 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Pretty Oyinbo Girlfriend (Pic/Video) / Man Marries His Elderly Oyinbo Girlfriend In Owerri, Imo State (Photos, Video) / Samuel Afolabi Proposes To His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Europe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by victorazyvictor(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
He forgot she will get the truth soon

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by drips8(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
If she was the one who called him all sorts of bad names in her language and gives him a different translation

She would be tagged racist

18 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Mintum: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
Bad belle people go cast am now
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:
Does Oyinbo not mean white person anymore?
I wonder, this female is Philipino, maybe even malaysian.

Nigerians believes anyone with light skin is oyimbo.

4 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by selemempe: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
TrollKiller:
Ipob pig angry
They're always callous and dumb. What did that girl do to him?
u dont knw the full story...yoro moslem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ebujany(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:

for your mind, na black woman abi? ITK

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
what kind Rubbish is this?
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ibkayee(f): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
gypsey:
I wonder, this female is Philipino, maybe even malaysian.

Nigerians believes anyone with light skin is oyimbo.

Lool
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by immaculate1234(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
Igboman wants go trend
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by TrollKiller(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
selemempe:
u dont knw the full story...yoro moslem
Smelly pig

5 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
Thai ladyboy, That thing is a trangender.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ibkayee(f): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
ebujany:

for your mind, na black woman abi? itk
Because black and white are the only two races that exist

6 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Empiree: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:
you seen that too grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ibkayee(f): 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Empiree:
you seen that too grin
Haha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:
never seen anyone with white skin in the world
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
rentAcock:
I totally dislike people who do such things, its not cute and we should not encourage it. I was lucky to travel to America to visit a friend and he took me and his Nigerian friends to an All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. His stupid friends kept calling the Chinese waitress "enwe" which means "monkey" in Igbo just to get her attention. The Chinese lady would come to our table all smiles not knowing she was being mocked. When I realized they were insulting the young waitress working her ass off to make sure we were happy, i got really angry and asked them to stop. I will never partake in such idiocy, its demeaning and distasteful.
enwe is not Igbo but urhobo
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by safarigirl(f): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
Is this what you people are calling oyibo these days? I know Onitsha girls lighter than thoe chic, are they also oyibo?

How have the standards fallen in Nigeria...it seems like the more 'educated' people we have in this country, the more ignorant people we also have.

PS: For all we know this is a poorly acted script and y'all are getting your panties in a bunch over a basic skit.

3 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by OyiboOyibo(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
Foolish IPOB youth.... Lazy nincompoop

2 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by tiger28: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
VERY CHILDISH!

3 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
WorWorBoy:
Igbo people grin grin
The GUY is an IDIOT.
He will remain USELESS and MISERABLE until he is deported without a DIME to hell...
Purely an ILLITERATE & UNEDUCATED IGBO who managed to get a VISA to travel and visit the beautiful lady's country...
He is a more FOOLISH than the said lady because he ran away from the challenges that have bedeviled his country

10 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ibkayee(f): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mk12:

never seen anyone with white skin in the world
It's universally used as a racial classification specifier for caucasians, let's not get cute about semantics

3 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Techsunny: 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
TrollKiller:
Ipob pig angry
They're always callous and dumb. What did that girl do to him?
Atulu
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Bantino:
Hmmmmmmm

Na so e dey take start, if someone gives her the real interpretation now and she depots you, you will be blaming village people.

Nwanne it's obvious you are in it for the papers, why must you post this online.. very childish.
it must have been staged to get the attention of Nigerian branch of online reacters
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:

Lool
Even Algerians, thai, Indians, lebanese, Saudis, Egyptians pakistanis, tunisians, morrocans and libyans are all Oyimbo for Nigerians.

Illiteracy or what? grin
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Unik3030: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
rentAcock:
I totally dislike people who do such things, its not cute and we should not encourage it. I was lucky to travel to America to visit a friend and he took me and his Nigerian friends to an All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. His stupid friends kept calling the Chinese waitress "enwe" which means "monkey" in Igbo just to get her attention. The Chinese lady would come to our table all smiles not knowing she was being mocked. When I realized they were insulting the young waitress working her ass off to make sure we were happy, i got really angry and asked them to stop. I will never partake in such idiocy, its demeaning and distasteful.
just imagine the level of stupidity displayed by this guy, if the lady finds out n decide to do something stupid Nigerians who don't know the root will b quick to label it xenophobia

3 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by jrusky(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Truly some men are silly. Pls why posting this kind of nonsense online? Does this portrayed you as a responsible man?

If at last the babe come to understand all you said how will you stand in her present?

Mr man it's not funny at all. Grow up.

3 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by WorWorBoy: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
EVILFOREST:

The GUY is an IDIOT.
He will remain USELESS and MISERABLE until he is deported without a DIME
grin grin
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by grandstar(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
rentAcock:

The jokes on them. It actually exposes their insecurity and not hers. That's how weak people behave, put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:

It's universally used as a racial classification specifier for caucasians, let's not get cute about semantics
well in Nigeria, oyibo is used for anyone with light skin. we even use it for locals with light skin

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ibkayee(f): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
gypsey:
Even Algerians, thai, Indians, lebanese, Saudis, Egyptians pakistanis, tunisians, morrocans and libyans are all Oyimbo in for Nigerians.

Illiteracy or what? grin
Not necessarily illiteracy lol, I guess it's because they aren't around them enough to make that much of an effort to distinguish them
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by adedayoa2(f): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
I remember when I wanted learning Igbo, my fake teacher said 'amu' is orange. I almost killed him the day I found out the real meaning.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Prostitutes To Give Free Sex If Buhari Wins / Adam And Eve Inspired Pre-Wedding Photos / Nigerian Girl With Blue Eyes From Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.