Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation (46456 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Pretty Oyinbo Girlfriend (Pic/Video) / Man Marries His Elderly Oyinbo Girlfriend In Owerri, Imo State (Photos, Video) / Samuel Afolabi Proposes To His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Europe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by wifeesnatcher(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
when I say many Igbo guys aren't romantic and matured people called for my head then, can you just see the prove? if someone can leave his mud village to civilized country and still behave like a villager there then my disposition about them can't be tampered with

just imagine if one of their kinsmen is abuse with Portuguese, Spanish and French how would they feel?

the imbeciles still have the gut to bring it on social media just to humiliate the girl further. you Igbo need to stop embarrassing us even Hausa will not behave this childish same as ijaw and Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by mmadu5(m): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
people need to chill the fuvk out they are both in on It don't you know this is a way trend online of course the guy is not stupid to do that without the girls consent
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by TrollKiller(m): 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
PeaceNexus:
You don't have to be this harsh....I really don't support what the guy did...its truly immature. I have come to understand one thing in life....please don't take this as an insult. The thing is, successful people who are progressing on the cadre of their career, be it politics, business, music, academics... Just name it, hardly refers to a whole tribe or group of people to tag them with certain negative words. This is because if you have excelled at all, you will certainly come in contact with great people from other tribes who may have helped you in one way or the other. This makes it more difficult for you to easily generalize. That is why you won't ever hear people like Dangote, Tinubu, Elumelu,Peter Obi, Obasanjo, Soyinka etc publicly and outrightly make generalized ill statement about any tribe. So if you are yet to "blow" and you hope to blow someday then you have to start practising from today. My two kobo
I like the way you stated your point. Succinctly Put.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by rachealotta83: 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]na wa ooo
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Litmus: 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nigerians are generally not cruel in this way, so I expect that there’s more going on here than is being made to seem.

BTW @ this comment:
Nigerians believes anyone with light skin is oyimbo.

Nigerians invented the word oyibo so we know what Oyimbo means. When Nigerians use the word Oyibo now in reference to not just Caucasians but none blacks even on mixed-raced people or African Americans it is to demystify the term. In other words, whites are no longer special they are just not Nigerians or native Africans.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by victorian(f): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
The guy himself look like village goat cheesy

See goat wey dey call a clean babe goat

Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
tyup:

if this lady is not Oyinbo so what is she?
She is either Thai, philipino or Malaysian but, definitely not oyibo. What do you call oyibo?
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by mamajj17(f): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
Alphamarketer:
Am i the only one who didnt find this funny?

My dear even very insultive, if d Girl waka go now, he go dey call he Mama for Village undecided undecided
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Ryan03(f): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Immature
very immature. funny how people are applauding him as a sharp guy, I don't see any sense in this. this is the mentality of the so called leaders of tomorrow, what a shame!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Angelfrost(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
ibkayee:

Not necessarily illiteracy lol, I guess it's because they aren't around them enough to make that much of an effort to distinguish them

Nigerians call very fair skinned individuals oyinbo... Nothing new there. Some people just like making issues out of nothing. They actually think it makes them appear more intelligent than others. Smh.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2019
Caucasian is called oyibo. asian is called Kora.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Okeytus(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
seems kids are the ones that comments most on Nairaland, if you watch the video well, its like a staged stuff, the girl already suspects the guy is saying funny things to her but she agreed to say yes just for the video, they are both enjoying themselves and you guys are here complaining due to envy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Omeizadean(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
Igbos has been giving naija bad names since they arrived here from Egypt as a free Israelite despite Moses warning before he showed them Nigeria direction they didn't heed.

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Isoduwa(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
Alphamarketer:
Am i the only one who didnt find this funny?

Abeg carry your problem go North people full there Wey go make funny things to you
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Arizonaguy(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ndlistic:
In the video making rounds online was an Igbo Man who base abroad with his oyinbo girlfriend.

The young man can be seen calling his girlfriend some bad bad name, like ewu,(goat) and other bad names in igbo language which are not good but he will tell her in english as good things.

He ask her to just be saying yes whatever he called her while translating to the girl in english that it means you are cute, you are beautiful but it does not.

Watch The Video

https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/07/igbo-man-teaches-his-oyinbo-girlfriend.html?m=1

the girl ain't white nah...oyinbo my foot
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by PeaceNexus(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
I hail you my real G
TrollKiller:

I like the way you stated your point. Succinctly Put.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by tyup(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
gypsey:
She is either Thai, philipino or Malaysian but, definitely not oyibo. What do you call oyibo?

Thai or tie

are they white or Blacks?
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by jamesjude: 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
How I wish I can re like your post again. I truly dislike people that do this. It is foolishness in the highest order.

rentAcock:
I totally dislike people who do such things, its not cute and we should not encourage it. I was lucky to travel to America to visit a friend and he took me and his Nigerian friends to an All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. His stupid friends kept calling the Chinese waitress "enwe" which means "monkey" in Igbo just to get her attention. The Chinese lady would come to our table all smiles not knowing she was being mocked. When I realized they were insulting the young waitress working her ass off to make sure we were happy, i got really angry and asked them to stop. I will never partake in such idiocy, its demeaning and distasteful.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
tyup:

Thai or tie

are they white or Blacks?
Thai, they are not white, they are Asians, thailand is Asia. like cambodia, Laos, malaysia or myanmar.

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ziziangel(m): 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
Unnecessary bullshit.
Dude is just an aged infant

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Smartwave: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
Typical Igbo's are like that. That is their trade mark - insulting others, it is in their DNA. They even insulting themselves :::: they see ( Igbo who is OSU ), Onye Abakaliki etc. They cannot change is DNA thing.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Emanodimo(m): 12:10am On Jul 29, 2019
rentAcock:
I totally dislike people who do such things, its not cute and we should not encourage it. I was lucky to travel to America to visit a friend and he took me and his Nigerian friends to an All You Can Eat Chinese buffet. His stupid friends kept calling the Chinese waitress "enwe" which means "monkey" in Igbo just to get her attention. The Chinese lady would come to our table all smiles not knowing she was being mocked. When I realized they were insulting the young waitress working her ass off to make sure we were happy, i got really angry and asked them to stop. I will never partake in such idiocy, its demeaning and distasteful.

No offence Bro...

First, that's part of catching fun with guys either good or bad calling a lady names.

Now, if the Chinese speaks what do you think they are doing when they gather in two or three.

Just we can assume that where ladies of 3-4 are gisting, likely to be of a love affairs with a guy and guyz do same vice versa.

When the Chinese speaks help ur fellow Nigeria to investigate if it's mocking or joke... So that u don't take such for your brother
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by BENEAMATA: 3:05am On Jul 29, 2019
location ; somewhere abroad , a black man and his oyinbo fiancee . man : " ewu , would you please pass me the glass of milk ? " oyinbo : ( hands him the milk bottle ) : " sweety , i love the sound of that , what does it mean ? man ; " oh , you mean ewu ? it means sweet mama oyinbo : oh , i love this one more , short and sweet .i'd prefer it to " NIKITARA ( nkitara ) " you are fond of calling me man ; ' oh you know you are my nkitara when you give me that sweet sugar in bed ' oyinbo ; (giggling and moving seductively towards him) ' call me NIKItara again ' man ; nkitara oyinbo ; (seductive tone) ' one more time man ; nkitara ( they kissed deeply and ended up in bed ) . location : somewhere in west africa , man and his visiting oyinbo fiancee having breakfast at his parents' house . . . . mother in-law ; ' nne , hope you like the stew i prepared ?' oyinbo ; ' oh , i love it ma .thank you . please pass me the ricebowl , EWU ' !
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by khiaa(f): 3:21am On Jul 29, 2019
Charelsz:
Oyibo is use for light skin people.
If that's true, why do you guys call all black Americans akata when some of us are extremely light?
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by ABOVEDELAW: 8:18am On Jul 29, 2019
ARE YOU THAT DUMB? WHY DO YOU REFER TO THAT LADY AS OYINBO?
Ndlistic:
In the video making rounds online was an Igbo Man who base abroad with his oyinbo girlfriend.

The young man can be seen calling his girlfriend some bad bad name, like ewu,(goat) and other bad names in igbo language which are not good but he will tell her in english as good things.

He ask her to just be saying yes whatever he called her while translating to the girl in english that it means you are cute, you are beautiful but it does not.

Watch The Video

https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/07/igbo-man-teaches-his-oyinbo-girlfriend.html?m=1

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
gypsey:
Even Algerians, thai, Indians, lebanese, Saudis, Egyptians pakistanis, tunisians, morrocans and libyans are all Oyimbo for Nigerians.

Illiteracy or what? grin

not sure if i posted this earlier. arabs , indians etal are called kora, not oyibo
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
khiaa:

If that's true, why do you guys call all black Americans akata when some of us are extremely light?
Why are you asking me? undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by khiaa(f): 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2019
Charelsz:
Why are you asking me? undecided
Because of the statement you made.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
khiaa:
Because of the statement you made.
Which is? undecided
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by khiaa(f): 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
Charelsz:
Which is? undecided
Go back and read your statement that I quoted.
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
khiaa:

Go back and read your statement that I quoted.
I should do what? undecided
Re: Man Curses His Oyinbo Girlfriend In Igbo, Gives Her Wrong Translation by khiaa(f): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
Charelsz:
I should do what? undecided

Are you slow? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Prostitutes To Give Free Sex If Buhari Wins / Adam And Eve Inspired Pre-Wedding Photos / Nigerian Girl With Blue Eyes From Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.