Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

"Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) (41490 Views)

Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track. / Dr Panam Percy Paul: "I Was Offered 7 Billion Naira Not To Sing About Jesus" / Panam Percy Paul Reveals His Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Eavy(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2019
Nigerian parents are fond of that, which is bad. I had this strict project supervisor in school, we were o stand for presentation in the last semester, me, knowing how terrible she was (she loves to delay students unnecessarily) I decided to prepare for my presentation without her consent. On my presentation day, she was shocked to see me getting ready to present, and she told me 'you are on your own' it didn't move me at all because I know how well I've prepared, to cut the story short, I got a standing ovation even from the dean, and I was marked as the best presenter that year, it was then that my supervisor started telling other lecturers 'he is my student'.

5 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by cenaman(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2019
IghravweIG:
I grew up listening to this Legend music.

Songs like 'Jesus came down, 'Bow down and worship'.
'I've made my mind' still echocs in my mind.
Now i know some of his songs but never got know the name of the artist, now i know.

2 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2019
Truly inspiring
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by sirlop(m): 10:29am On Jul 28, 2019
cenaman:
me no bi indomie oo but na today i hear that name.
Then you should know his songs if you are a Christian.

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2019
blesskewe:
Am I the only one that doesn't know him?

The papa Harsh oooo

You're the only one oooo hanty.
Shey you be indomie generation ni?

3 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by stanliwiser: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2019
Srallens:
Yes..... Cos u are the only toddler in here.
Hope u know ur dad?
Because he don't know someone now gives you the right to be asking senseless questions abi?

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Drsmiles(m): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2019
that was many years ago
if u no be doctor or lawyer or something academic that time
you're seen as madt
InansBobo:
The dad harsh oo, I even thought the dad was a Muslim sef only to see it's just because he chose music?

40 years in ministry, Legendary

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:31am On Jul 28, 2019
ladiesreject:

You're the only one oooo hanty.
Shey you be indomie generation ni?

Ok I agree
Na only me
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2019
Fingerprinter:

You don't know him because you are of the Indomie generation.

I no be indomie generation biko
Na 50-50
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by zolapower: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2019
Ouch ! 40 years in music .

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2019
blesskewe:

E don do na

Lol
Wetin make you post this comment for first page?
More mentions on the way
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2019
ladiesreject:

Lol
More mentions on the way

Bros Na 50-50
Happy Sunday btw
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 28, 2019
blesskewe:

The papa Harsh oooo

Most hausa songs in the north and even the ones mimmed in the south are originally from him.
Songs like " Mungode Allah" were all originally from him

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2019
danjumakolo:

Most hausa songs in the north and even the ones mimmed in the south are originally from him.
Songs like " Mungode Allah" were all originally from him

Now u are talking
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by adedayoa2(f): 10:37am On Jul 28, 2019
cenaman:
me no bi indomie oo but na today i hear that name.
even no - Christians know some of him songs. So let us bow down and worship..........
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Enskynelson(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2019
Master of the Universe.... If you don't know that song, then you probably don't know him. �

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Cybertext(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2019
blesskewe:

The papa Harsh oooo

You probably might have heard his songs ...like "Master of the Universe" , "Bring down your glory"

Those days I actually thought those songs were sang by foreigners.,...

8 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2019
It's funny I never knew the name Panam percy Paul is a Nigerian and I used to listen to some of his songs. We learn everyday. grin

4 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by cenaman(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2019
Eavy:
Nigerian parents are fond of that, which is bad. I had this strict project supervisor in school, we were o stand for presentation in the last semester, me, knowing how terrible she was (she loves to delay students unnecessarily) I decided to prepare for my presentation without her consent. On my presentation day, she was shocked to see me getting ready to present, and she told me 'you are on your own' it didn't move me at all because I know how well I've prepared, to cut the story short, I got a standing ovation even from the dean, and I was marked as the best presenter that year, it was then that my supervisor started telling other lecturers 'he is my student'.
hahaha my student ko my teacher. these set people are very annoying, had it been it was the other way round she would keep mute even when she is ask "is he not ur student!"
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 28, 2019
Cybertext:

You probably might have heard his songs ...like "Master of the Universe" , "Bring down your glory"

Exactly. Especially "Master of the Universe". I actually thought Panam Percy Paul is a foreigner. The name sef sounds foreign.

4 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:46am On Jul 28, 2019
Cybertext:

Thank u jare grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by JJOF(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2019
blesskewe:

E don do na
Eeeeeeeee, doh.
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Angelfrost(m): 10:48am On Jul 28, 2019
Life that you didn't create? How does one disown someone one doesn't own?... We abuse parental rights in this country...

Being a parent is more of a privilege than a right actually. You disown a child, but fail to collectively disown the bastards that call themselves national and state leaders. undecided
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2019
JJOF:

Eeeeeeeee, doh.
grin
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Eavy(m): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2019
cenaman:
hahaha my student ko my teacher. these set people are very annoying, had it been it was the other way round she would keep mute even when she is ask "is he not ur student!"
She may even make it more miserable and say 'I don't even know him'
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by blesskewe(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2019
ladiesreject:

Lol
More mentions on the way
As I cant reply ur pm nko
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Motion123(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2019
It was awesome at Glory Dome... This man is an asset to our generation.... God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Born2Breed(f): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2019
owukpa:
Veteran gospel music minister, Panam Percy Paul, has revealed how his father disowned him for choosing to go into gospel music ministry for 19 years.

Born Bakulipanam Percy Paul Mokungah, widely known by his stage name Panam Percy Paul, this Nigerian gospel singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist whose musical career spans 40 years. He was born to Major Paul Harley, an officer in the Nigerian Army, and composer Paulina Paul Mokungah in 1957.

Most of his songs have been choreographed by children in many churches within and outside the country.

Speaking on Friday during the 2019 Music Ministers Conference tagged ‘The Minstrel’ at The Glory Dome, Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Airport Road. Abuja, the iconic singer said he father was forced to accept him after he became a household name in the nation and beyond.

Panama, 62, a native of Adamawa State recalled thus during the programme monitored by IDOMA VOICE:

“My father looked at me and said I have gone mad, because I left everything only to sing.

“My father said to me, don’t come back home no more. My father even struck out my name from his will and said to me ‘you are no longer my son.’ It was a time of pain, a time of grief and a time of gloom. But ladies and gentlemen, that is not the end of my story.

“A few years later; and one day, the elders of my people sat down in a meeting in the city of Yola, Adamawa State Nigeria. And one elder stood up and said, my name is Retired General so so and so, another elder stood up and intoeduced himself that his name was Retired Air Vice Marshal so so and so.

“But when it got to the turn of my father, he stood up and said, ‘how do I introduce myself to you?

“And he asked the elders, how many of you know the man called Dr. Panam Percy Paul? And they all raised their hands. And my father for the first time in 19 years proudly said, ‘he is my son.’

Source...http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/07/photos-from-2019-music-ministers-conference-at-dunamis-glory-dome.html

Wow!!! Just Wow!!! @ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Motion123(m): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2019
Eavy:
Nigerian parents are fond of that, which is bad. I had this strict project supervisor in school, we were o stand for presentation in the last semester, me, knowing how terrible she was (she loves to delay students unnecessarily) I decided to prepare for my presentation without her consent. On my presentation day, she was shocked to see me getting ready to present, and she told me 'you are on your own' it didn't move me at all because I know how we
ll I've prepared, to cut the story short, I got a standing ovation even from the dean, and I was marked as the best presenter that year, it was then that my supervisor started telling other lecturers 'he is my student'.

Don't mind them, they don't believe on someone until he does it himself and gets recognition
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by know: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2019
Some of his songs break me down. Don't know why..Real-unadulterated-spirit-filled-inspired-lyrics with enough anointing. The good 'ol days
Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Burntcoal(f): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2019
Love his songs. I Was in pry 3 during d ife modakeke war wen we cheoreographed his song.... I will follow u fir the rest of my life, tin,tin tin tin.... Beatin our pangolo drum. Now all schools cheoreographed sensless hip-hop beats

4 Likes

Re: "Why My Father Disowned Me" – Gospel Music Veteran, Panam Percy Paul (Pics) by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
funny enough, i recently downloaded his full album. His songs can never grow old, he is a legend that has left a full gospel musical path to this generation. he is very creative, full time instrumentalist, real musician, and very intelligent. In circular music, i will pair him with the like of fela and sunny okosun. He is a living legend.

lyrics for
THE AFRICAN WAY
When Jesus came
He came down from heaven
Jesus came o
He came down from heaven
When he landed
He landed in Israel
When he landed
He landed in Isreal
But there was trouble
God sent him to
God send him down to Africa
We must praise him
In the Africa way
We must prais him
In Africa way
We must praise him in the Africa way

Halle ye ye ye
Haye eee
Haye owu o
Haye
Haye ee
Haye ooo wu
Haye ye ye
Haye ee
Haye ooowu ooo
My lord
We just want to priase your name
Haye ye eh
Haye ow ooo
Haye ye ye
Haye eh
Haye eh oo
Haye ye
Haye owu wo ooo

Yes Lord
When Jesus came
He came down from heaven
Jesus came ooo
He came down from heaven
When he landed
He landed in Isreal
When he landed
He landed in Israel.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Why I Visited President Buhari – Father Mbaka / TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.