Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (37393 Views)

As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra / My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / Man Who Married Sister In Anambra Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing With 7 Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by juwoonn(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:
Hello guys, please I need enlightenment on this

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is is okay for my mum to send money to my sister after she is married??

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

Please I need enlightenment on this issues

I believe you didn't give us the entire gist. Where were your parents when the religious leader was mandating your sister to marry a man? Did they consent to this? Was your sister happy and willing to marry him? Or was she forced?
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
You will not understand. I say this because, COUNTRY IS HARD. There are NO JOBS anywhere In Nigeria.
If your sister could take care of herself,you mother would not bother to help her, but she cannot.
again,You will not understand. at least not now

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by pocohantas(f): 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
Kazeemakeem:

See ur mouth, u talk out of sense, I believe ure not married, u call people nonsense Alfa male, u will soon Marry too

Is it not better to be single, than married and be a burden to my mother? Ehn! Sebi na desperation to please your type "I believe you are not married" crew, na im land this sister for wahala.

Hustle oo, make them no create thread ontop you and your wife matter. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by uvie66: 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
wahles:
I personally don’t think you have the right to speak for your sister or seek opinion for her about her choice. Mind your business

If your sister isn’t working yet, channel this enquiry towards helping her find a job, so she could be independent.
I concur, weytin consign you and your sister marriage, are you the one feeding them. Please aproko mind year busybody business.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by marvelli(f): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
For you to bring this matter here, it means no-one around you is supportive of your opinion. I don't blame them sha because honestly you just sound jealous. Help yourself, if you had something doing believe me you wont even notice. If anything, you'd donate to your sister's cause instead.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Stillthebest: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
I guess you don't want your mom to help your sister because she's married to someone who is not well to do, not because the husband got her through religious place.

But if the guy happens to be another Ned Nwoko(rich man) I am sure, judging by personality using what you need answers on here for, you would want the man to help you right? Pls allow your sister to die of hunger

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by ufotty2001: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
my ex girlfriend once took my pic to her pastor after everything her pastor told her that am not his husband... the pastor gave her older man to get married to.... now they are together

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by tigerclaws: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:
Few minutes!

Let me ask Ifa
[/s]
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Lexusgs430: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister got married Last Year, she was pregnant already when she married, the man she married is over 40 years old, my sister got her husband through a religion organization, when the leader of the organization insisted that she must marry that man..

Now my concerns about is that this man she got married too is not financially okay, My mum always send money to my sister..

When my sister was about to give birth my mum finance nearly all the hospital Bill, the funniest thing is that my mum also borrowed the money somewhere..

My question is that,

Is it okay for the leader of a religion organization to dictate to my sister to marry this man??

Marriage is never by force.... Imposed marriage is wrong..... Why did that clueless man of God, not find her someone like Ned?....

How long would your mother keep supporting this union, on borrowed funds?......

Why are they having kids they cannot provide for?....

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

Insisted ? And your parents fell for it now they are suffering for it.
There is nothing wrojg in what ur mum is doing you would do same for ur daughter so stop complaining
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by LyfeJennings(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
I'm forced to comment and I will give it to U the way it came to mind.
Bro, ode ni e o
Im sorry but I just can't help but wonder what a brother U are.
Are U trying to be a white man
Even white folks got compassion
They have human feelings
This is your own biological sister o
Omo iya e
The babe wey una been suck the same breast.
Fam, let it off
U should also contribute to your mum's effort to make ur sister extra comfortable if U can.
Life is HARD o.
Guy, life is very very hard and unfair
If no be so, that reason no suppose enter ur head at all
Guy, please be more human
Blessed

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by grandstar(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
greenprince:
which dirty religious organisation permitted her being already pregnant before marriage and still having guts to dictate her life?
If your mum can afford it, it's better she helps the man get on his feet and work. Sending support every time is extremely unhealthy for everyone involved, especially when all parties accept it as a normal thing.

Techfave, this here is very good advice.

An old bus which he can use for transport won't be bad or even a Keke Marwa. As long as it puts food on the table, it's all good.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by srclark: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
constant1960:
Very much OK my dear
It is not okay .People should learn to frown at such behavior why put your burden on the old woman.Issues of marriages and child bearing requires adequate funding .You know the task ahead so prepare ,even if you have to do menial jobs do so .

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by oluwaahmed: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
wiseone28:
greedy brother make only u chop

No mind the mukpas

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

Nothing wrong there, it is called Family Support.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by DameB(f): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
As for her marrying who the religious leader dictated, well they are already married and the marriage has yielded a child... That's done.

There's nothing wrong with your mother helping her daughter. Everyone needs a support system.. and it's always great to have a supportive family....
You, also help your sister in anyway you can... Na right hand dey wash left hand
The fact that the man is not financially stable doesn't make him bad unless he is abusive..
Do you think the man is happy that he cannot take care of his wife and kid? He might be sad about the circumstances. Unless he is an efulefu
Reach out to your sis in love there should be no animosity...If you can help the bro-inlaw or your sis get a job, please do
But if have helped and they just want to be collecting and not do anything then wash your hands off and your mom should stop enabling them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by obinnawhyte(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My question is that,

If your sister and mum don't see anything wrong in what they're doing then it's fine, they're adult and are responsible for their actions.

By the way as an adult what exactly have you done or intend to do about it that's if you think what they did is wrong because condemning is one, solution is another.

The truth that lies therein is that your sister happens to financially handicapped and your mum can only but help in her own way and understanding than have her daughter suffer or die.

The only one that has not contributed I suppose is you, which also is not an offence because you're responsible for your actions and have your reason

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by saintneo(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
zsdfcdffredxcesxfrvc

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wait, someone insisted your sister should marry an old broke man? And she did? If it were onto Love, it would be better.

If i were to be the mom, I wouldn't allow her marry him in d first place.
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by one1clien(m): 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
Aww mehn, as a guy, I honestly don't know how i'll feel if my wife's mom is always sending us food stuff
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
saintneo:

Everything is wrong in that marriage.

A religious organisation that insists on pushing people to get married is a match-making organisation.

A woman or man should be able to make their choices with guidance from Holy Spirit not a man.

Another thing is that a man should be able to provide basic amenities for his proposed family, not extravagantly - food, shelter, etc. Worst case scenario, the husband and wife should combine and fund these.

When God is truly in a marriage, provision is never a problem. In-laws are not expected to have any financial input into a marriage.

My wife rejects her mothers food.
Thank you sir. It's obvious God did not ordain d marriage. Though anything is possible on d future. But a 40yrs old man.!? Haba
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
OP you are plain jealous. Your sister has not complained to you neither is your mum complaining, What then is your problem? Your sister had the option of either accepting or refusing the counsel from the religious leader.
Sometimes life issues can make a man unable to keep up. At such times, help can only come from people they know. If you told us that your sister's husband is lazy, then we can talk but for now, leave them alone and face your life.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Ybaby: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.

You took the words out of my mouth.... every small thing golddigger.... hin sister don dig dustbin come now instead of gold he is asking me who i go ask na. He too will take food there if they should let them born no 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by 0ubenji(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
thorpido:
These are questions to ask before this present situation.
The deed is done already.
The question should have been,'Should my sister marry a man she really doesn't know because a religious leader is asking her to?'
Well na your sister mumu herself(no offense intended).

As it is now,your mom does not want her daughter to suffer so she has to still give assistance.
borrowing to feed them is the problem here coz when the mother has finished owing the whole Lagos with nowhere else to go.. mother, daughter & husband will suffer together.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by ojuu4u(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
Techfave:

My sister is my business sir

Carry someone load on your head and shoulder ur own load,

Do you know some married with well to do husbands and after few years husbands lost jobs/businesses. Oga if u re to be such husband, which kind of advice you expect from forum

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by macho44(m): 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
pocohantas:
Sebi una say it isn't about money, but love.
Your sister has been misled by one religious leader into marrying a broke man. I don't know why they never connect someone to the rich ones.

How can I marry a poor ancestor? What did he spend his youth doing, if he didn't make good money?

Your sister should better go look for a job and fend for herself. Maybe her husband too grin

Nonsense and alfah males.
Straight UP!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by pinkygurl(f): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
Kneephy:
Tomorrow geh belle....

Nobody sabi wetin e go born ooo...

You are asking If it is OK for ur MUMMY to send FOOD and MONEY to her DAUGHTER who happens to be ur ELDER SISTER .....

No ooo it's not OK at all, let her leave her dere and let her suffer sogbo....

Wait are you here to mock your sister or what??
Cos if not for HYPOCRISY, why should you bring it here in the first place.....

You are letting us know that your sister is a fool who can't decide what she wants with her life, and she's your sister, not mine.... So I would treat your sister just the way I see u treat her
grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by obinnawhyte(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ybaby:
Don't know how to answer your questions but I know:

Your mum is your sister's husband
Your mum is also the father of your unborn nephew or neice
The 40 year old agbaya is very lucky
The pastor is utterly crazy
Your sis is hypnotised
You are rightfully angry

Having said this no good mum will watch her child suffer so I sympathize and understand your mum but only hunger can reset your sis brain - support your sister till she get sense.... that is what family does.

The post never mentioned Pastor so where are you reading yours from?. SMH

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Unrated900(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
Next time she will put eyes down

Don’t rush into marriage

Cos

You will rush out or they will be sending you money like op’s sister.

Have a good job at hand before getting married

Or else your in-law will borrow loan for you
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by stephenponti(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
Omudia11:
How can you say the leader of the organization insisted she must marry the man? Is your sister a child? What concerns him with whoever your sister chooses to marry? I have never heard of such before in my life.

obviously she was impregnated as pastor insisted they must marry themselves
Re: Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
marvelli:
For you to bring this matter here, it means no-one around you is supportive of your opinion. I don't blame them sha because honestly you just sound jealous. Help yourself, if you had something doing believe me you wont even notice. If anything, you'd donate to your sister's cause instead.
Cause? It's not like she even married for love. He's not jealous but feel it's simply not normal? Why marry if you'll still be dependent on parents?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naomi Efan-Okon Is Cussons Baby Of The Year Season Wins, ₦2 Million, Gifts / Guy Pranks His Mother Over Pregnancy And This Happened (Photos) / How Many Of You Did This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.