Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:44 PM

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? (46053 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / How To Frustrate A Scammer / What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lol, irrational Nigerians. When you can’t beat your competition with better service delivery, try emotional bullshit.

And trust naive Nigerians to subscribe to it without thinking.

MTN is the best and most reliable network in Nigeria. Glo that everyone knows is shit has suddenly become the best. Oh my gosh.

What if Glo is behind the poor network service people are complaining of?

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by foster212: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
Glo should kuku constrict their own pipes to MTN too. As simple as that.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by FarahAideed: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
Instead of Glo to go and settle it's interconnectivity debt it's owing all other TELCOS they opted to sponsor false stories to play on the emotions of gullible Nigerians .

http://www.thegazellenews.com/2019/07/25/debtor-glo-owes-mtn-5-yr-n10b-interconnection-fee-connection-breaks-down-between-subscribers-of-two-lines/

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by MartinsD12(m): 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2019
OEPHIUS:
Xenophobic attack: MTN moves to frustrate Glo
•NCC calls for caution

With the increasing volume of protests from Nigerian youths over the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, it appears that South African telco MTN may have decided to take out its frustrations on Globacom, Nigeria’s 100% home-grown telco.

Many Globacom subscribers over the weekend expressed difficulties in completing calls to MTN subscribers in the last few days, suggesting that the South African company may have constricted some pipes delivering Globacom calls to its network. Glo Subscribers have to try several times before their calls are connected to MTN subscribers.

The new development comes after protests organised by the National Association of Nigerian Association on MTN premises in Kaduna and Benue on Thursday, last week. A few other protests planned for Anambra State and other locations in the country were aborted by the police.

MTN and Globacom have periodically had disputes over the details of their interconnection obligations to each other. It is not uncommon for telecommunications operators to disagree on interconnection obligations from time to time.

However, in order to ensure optimum experience for telecom consumers, the regulator of the industry, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has always advised caution in the area of disconnecting each other as a way of forcing a resolution of interconnect disputes.

Globacom has maintained a steady growth since inception on the strength of its innovative offerings and affordable plans. It is currently the second largest telecommunications operator, next to MTN, and MTN may be afraid that its recent woes, including imposition of a series of fines on account of SIM card registration infractions, among others, might make it possible for an unhindered Globacom to catch up with it at its current rate of growth. Efforts to get the top officials of both MTN and Glo proved abortive.

https://thepunditng.com/xenophobic-attack-mtn-moves-to-frustrate-glo/
Stupid mtn burns data like fuel generator infact gen last pass am even I pass my neighbor will last for you than mtn data foolish network, airtel and glo is the best sha but for me airtel 4G is a Bae
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 9jaRealist: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
qwertyboss:
Everybody is busy calling xenophobic stuff forgetting about the real devil who brought MTN to Nigeria for his personal greed!

did you remember why at a point in time in the past you need to add *555*1*pin# before loading your recharge card?

that is the real devil you should first blame not south Africans!
Abacha rejected them but the devil bring them in!

Whatever happened to that mobile company (owned by a Ghanaian) that Abacha brought in to enjoy mobile phone monopoly? Even though many of us were still kids back then (mid-1990s), I distinctly recall mobile phones being a status symbol only affordable to the rich and connected (apparently with about 100K lines).

Meanwhile, NO individual (or president) “brought” MTN into Nigeria....

Instead, MTN took part in a very competitive and transparent GSM license bid process (supervised by the World Bank, which was giving the BPE technical advice) that was PUBLICLY held at the Transcorp Hilton and underwent several rounds before the 3 winning bids emerged from several bidders, after having raised the license fees from the reserved price of $235 million (which many foreign parachute analysts predicted that no bidder would be ready to pay) first to $250 million and finally to $285 million (with an additional free GSM license granted to Nitel).

Accordingly, MTN had to pay $285 million just for the ‘privilege’ of taking the huge investment RISK on Nigeria (during a time that most investors were staying away) of ploughing BILLIONS OF DOLLARS into building out a mobile telephone network where none previously existed (including using generators and backup generators for each cell site, something that’s unheard of in most other jurisdictions, paying off the local Baale or chief and the local “youth” groups or thugs or land grabbers, where applicable), while creating THOUSANDS OF JOBS (and providing training and capacity building) for NIGERIANS, including many previously unemployed or underemployed Nigerian professionals and graduates, and business for local Nigerian subcontractors and sundry service providers (the income and other taxes of those job-holders and companies adding to government revenues to invest in education, health and infrastructure, among other government spending - if the politicians do embezzle or otherwise steal/misappropriate such revenue). Thus, whomever this supposed "devil" is actually did Nigeria a MASSIVE FAVOR!
>

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by FarahAideed: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
trendsgirl:
HERE IS THE FACT!

GlO is currently the second largest telecommunications operator, next to MTN, and MTN may be afraid that its recent woes, including imposition of a series of fines on account of SIM card registration infractions, among others, might make it possible for an unhindered Globacom to catch up with it at its current rate of growth.

Stop spreading lies .Glo is owing everyone interconnectivity debt

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Spallanzani: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2019
mcdokwe:
I actually thought Glo was to blame for my inability to make calls, and had planned to port to mtn. But since this is the case, we die there.

But Glo should learn to compensate us by upgrading to 4g not just large data volumes that end up frustrating users.

Abi anybody here done really use Glo 4g?
You should get your glo SIM upgraded to 4G, visit any gloworld around you with a means of ID. The 4G is so fast and smooth...no lagging during streaming
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by FarahAideed: 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
Topmaike007:
idiot na people like you they embarrass Nigeria

Shut up tell Oni Gbese Mike Adenuga to go pay up his interconnectivity debt instead of sponsoring fables .

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Jackossky(m): 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
I think people shouldn't condemn MTN like that, they've tried and still trying. Competition is good for consumers, if we all port to Glo, what do you think will happen? One disadvantage of monopoly is that it's a price giver. Potentials to Make abnormal profit both in short and long run.

I even want others with killer benefits to enter into the industry but you know the thing with oligopoly... Damn restrictive.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Spallanzani: 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:
MTN is doing the right thing.
GLO is a poorly managed telecoomunications operator and owing huge interconnect fees, so MTN has refused to terminate their calls.

GLO owes everybody! Even small time vendors are not spared their show of shame.
But guess what network the Adenugas use when GLO has network issues? Yes, you guessed right - MTN!!!

If not for a very useless, toothless and visonless regulatory governance from NCC, MTN would have blown the likes of GLO into extinction.
State fact and not hearsay, do you have Adenuga's mtn line that you know he switches to mtn when Glo is down. Ode

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by FarahAideed: 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
emrain:
Lol, irrational Nigerians. When you can’t beat your competition with better service delivery, try emotional bullshit.

And trust naive Nigerians to subscribe to it without thinking.

MTN is the best and most reliable network in Nigeria. Glo that everyone knows is shit has suddenly become the best. Oh my gosh.

What if Glo is behind the poor network service people are complaining of?

The NCC actually gave the order from networks to thus Glo ,Glis has refused to pay interconnectivity fees to any network for over 5 years now and yet those networks pay Glo ..Adenuga is too fond of owing people anyhow .

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 9jaRealist: 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
specter:
MTN is now a quoted company and now belongs to Nigerians kinda.

It's no longer just South African, its also Nigerian. So kilode?

MTN Nigeria has ALWAYS had some Nigerian ownership from Day 1. The recent listing merely opens up the possibility of equity ownership to more Nigerians (albeit SA's MTN Group will probably hold on to majority ownership for a while).
>
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Spallanzani: 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2019
FarahAideed:

Stop spreading lies .Glo is owing everyone interconnectivity debt
What's degazellenews.com... All these hungry bloggers.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by mcdokwe(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
But na 4g dem write for the sim o
Spallanzani:

You should get your glo SIM upgraded to 4G, visit any gloworld around you with a means of ID. The 4G is so fast and smooth...no lagging during streaming
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Spallanzani: 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
FarahAideed:

The NCC actually gave the order from networks to thus Glo ,Glis has refused to pay interconnectivity fees to any network for over 5 years now and yet those networks pay Glo ..Adenuga is too fond of owing people anyhow .
STFU... he dey owe your papa. Nonsense, you just enjoy peddling fake news

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by mcdokwe(m): 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
I don't enjoy Glo 4g here in Nsukka, then I thought it will be different in pH when I visited, still no show... Unless it is my device that doesn't support Glo kind of 4g...

I use a tecno la7
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 9jaRealist: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2019
Spallanzani:
What's degazellenews.com... All these hungry bloggers.

Do not know anything about that blog...
But I suspected that was the issue here because it's been topical for several months now.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/35m-subscribers-may-be-disconnected-over-n180-billion-debt-owed-by-operators/

35m subscribers may be disconnected over N180 billion debt owed by operators
By Adeyemi Adepetun
Guardian Nigeria, 19 December 2018 | 4:28 am

• NCC grants MTN, Airtel, ATC approval to disconnect debtor firms

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has granted disconnection approval to mobile network operators (MNOs) to disconnect owing colleagues over rise in interconnect debt and failure of the affected operators to pay.

A document sighted by The Guardian yesterday, confirmed that the NCC has sent notification letters to the affected operators. NCC has asked MTN, Airtel and IHS to disconnect, on partial basis, services to Globacom, Ntel (MNOs) and interconnect exchange points including Breeze, Exchange, Solid, Medallion and Niconnx.

The implication of this development is that some millions of subscribers would soon start to experience service disruptions. The Guardian checks showed that over 35 million subscribers might be affected if the disconnection move is implemented.
>
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Afamed: 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firefire it's time to defend your personal gain with MTN over National interest.

Cc : Firefire. Just as you did yesterday
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Zynoxtech: 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
I have to discard my mtn sim that I bought few months ago yesterday. MTN had mixed it all.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by fuwatayo(m): 11:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
mcdokwe:
I actually thought Glo was to blame for my inability to make calls, and had planned to port to mtn. But since this is the case, we die there.

But Glo should learn to compensate us by upgrading to 4g not just large data volumes that end up frustrating users.

Abi anybody here done really use Glo 4g?
Yes, I use glo 4G network. Have u upgraded to 4G sim, is ur phone compatible to use glo 4G?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trendsgirl: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
Instead of Glo to go and settle it's interconnectivity debt it's owing all other TELCOS they opted to sponsor false stories to play on the emotions of gullible Nigerians .

http://www.thegazellenews.com/2019/07/25/debtor-glo-owes-mtn-5-yr-n10b-interconnection-fee-connection-breaks-down-between-subscribers-of-two-lines/

This is NEVER TRUE!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Zimzy(m): 12:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Even mtn to mtn na war to go. I don't see it as mtn getting back at glo but system failure issues
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Naijageak(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2019
Mtn network is not bad but they are too stingy. Glo should double up so the yanga from mtn can reduce. They don't value their customers again
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Princedapace(m): 12:13am On Jul 30, 2019
trioti:
They are killing Nigerians in South Africa and still want to frustrate our proudly Nigeria network? No way! Say no

we are really funny in Nigeria o. Sometimes i wonder how we reason sef.

Wait, how many times have we protested over the killings of Nigerians happening in Nigeria? If we can fix our own house properly, others will respect us.

Lebanese, Indians, chinese companies are using our staff like slaves right in our own country, have we protested ? Have we attacked them?

No, over 67 Nigerians were slaughtered by Boko Haram few days ago, did we protest? No! But we want south africa to respect us? hahahaahahaha very funny set of citizens.

Nigerians shaa know how to place priority on wrong things!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by FarahAideed: 12:15am On Jul 30, 2019
trendsgirl:

This is NEVER TRUE!

So it's this tale of Xenophobia that's real ?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by luvme0702: 12:54am On Jul 30, 2019
Noticed it too
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by bizhop01: 12:56am On Jul 30, 2019
gistnow:

It is really bad for MTN market in Nigeria. Meanwhile Nigerians are even enjoying Glo

Speak for your self not nigerian,
I wonder who is enjoying Glo.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by bizhop01: 1:00am On Jul 30, 2019
Glo should work on their poor coverage network and stop complaining.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by simiife: 3:02am On Jul 30, 2019
Been experiencing it 2my mum traveled since Saturday & I've been trying 2 reach but it not going, at 1st,i will call back lyk 2 tyms & it will go but nw e no de ans again
If only glo can work on dia slow network,Mtn go loose customers, d kain bonus of voice and data wey glo dey give no b here,but network na problem, I'm nt even afraid of my data expiring because dey will still roll over unused data

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NITEL CARD: Have You Seen This Before? (pic) / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk / 5 Reasons Windows Phone Is Better Than Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.