Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? (45729 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / How To Frustrate A Scammer / What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by mcdokwe(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
I actually thought Glo was to blame for my inability to make calls, and had planned to port to mtn. But since this is the case, we die there.

But Glo should learn to compensate us by upgrading to 4g not just large data volumes that end up frustrating users.

Abi anybody here done really use Glo 4g?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by qwertyboss(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Everybody is busy calling xenophobic stuff forgetting about the real devil who brought MTN to Nigeria for his personal greed!

did you remember why at a point in time in the past you need to add *555*1*pin# before loading your recharge card?

that is the real devil you should first blame not south Africans!
Abacha rejected them but the devil bring them in!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by TSRC: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
Patronize Nigerian companies.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trendsgirl: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
HERE IS THE FACT!

GlO is currently the second largest telecommunications operator, next to MTN, and MTN may be afraid that its recent woes, including imposition of a series of fines on account of SIM card registration infractions, among others, might make it possible for an unhindered Globacom to catch up with it at its current rate of growth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by RexTramadol1: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wetin sef?

Glo glo glo!

And na still Dem go Com shout say which one disappoint pass Glo or Arsenal?

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by klever18(m): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
let's grow our own

how to share your glo data with friends

dial *127*01*friendnumber#

am actually enjoying my glo data
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 9jaRealist: 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
nauto10:
I don't understand

grin grin grin

You are not the only one confused by childish conspiracy theories...
Apparently, Nigerians who make up over 90% of MTNN’s staff (including engineers) are “saboteurs”. SMH undecided
>

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by emonis88: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2019
The best thing is to boycott mtn totally, let every Nigerian use glo or other network except mtn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by tfash96(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
Knowing this for d 1st time..Ain't a fan of glo.. If glo had a church there won't still be service so I've stopped using glo.

Nevertheless sorry ladies and gentlemen from 9tel customer care grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 8stargeneral: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
no wonder I can't make calls on my Glo line to mtn
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by HarryDuce(m): 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2019
Conspiracy crap.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 9jaRealist: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
Nigerians and silly conspiracy theories... undecided

Over 90% (perhaps 95%) of the staff of MTN Nigeria are Nigerians (including the Chief Technical Officer, Mohammed Rufai, and many senior engineers). Accordingly, if we are to sallow this obtuse thesis hook line and sinker, these Nigerians must have been “hurt” by the protests of youth groups on MTN Nigeria (of course one is not sure exactly what MTN Nigeria has to do with xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa) and have therefore decided to sabotage Nigeria through an technological attack on innocent Nigerian consumers. SMH
>

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by wristbangle: 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
mcdokwe:
I actually thought Glo was to blame for my inability to make calls, and had planned to port to mtn. But since this is the case, we die there.

But Glo should learn to compensate us by upgrading to 4g not just large data volumes that end up frustrating users.

Glo 4g is quite okay though the coverage is not as wide as Airtel but if you are in Lagos, FCT and other major cities, the speed is slightly better than Airtel 4g

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by mascot87(m): 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
funmitalks190:
Let's ALL leave MTN! How on earth will they be doing this How? Why? Frustrating us even in our own country?? No no no!!

Guy calm down

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by naijadrivablog: 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
My colleagues are experiencing it till today.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by 9jaRealist: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
trendsgirl:
HERE IS THE FACT!

GlO is currently the second largest telecommunications operator, next to MTN, and MTN may be afraid that its recent woes, including imposition of a series of fines on account of SIM card registration infractions, among others, might make it possible for an unhindered Globacom to catch up with it at its current rate of growth.

MTN ADDED (not lost) millions of new subscribers even during its SIM card troubles...
And currently has about twice as many subscribers as Glo has (almost 30 million more).
>
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by naijadrivablog: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
mariamm234:
If you have really tried all the networks you will know that Glo is the Baba. Please can we all move to Glo? MTN is frustrating us, South Africa is killing Nigerians ! What is our gain if we continue using MTN?

"MTN's data burns like harmattan fire" tweet got me. grin

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
wristbangle:

Glo 4g is quite okay though the coverage is not as wide as Airtel but if you are in Lagos, FCT and other major cities, the speed is slightly better than Airtel 4g

Not true. I disagree!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by SpaceTour: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
How many people are even using glo sef? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by selemempe: 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
talkto300:
MTN wants to start what they can't finish! Glo is answering our questions! If not for bad policies, No Nigerians don't MTN any more. And with this they are doing, I am afraid they might loss out!
b4 praying for their down fall, remember they employ more nigerians than glo
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Globallords(m): 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
MTN doesn't deserve the blames... We say GLO belongs to us and the network keeps degrading in quality of service delivery. Calling for a minute with GLO could cost up to 20Naira, data service not enjoyable in all locations. If they can assure the customers an improved service delivery, other foreign networks can now be sidelined. #StopXenophobiaNow
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by fredie107(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
Very annoying ........

MTN, this will cost u oooooo. Heheheheh
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
MTN is doing the right thing.
GLO is a poorly managed telecoomunications operator and owing huge interconnect fees, so MTN has refused to terminate their calls.

GLO owes everybody! Even small time vendors are not spared their show of shame.
But guess what network the Adenugas use when GLO has network issues? Yes, you guessed right - MTN!!!

If not for a very useless, toothless and visonless regulatory governance from NCC, MTN would have blown the likes of GLO into extinction.

7 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
9jaRealist:
Nigerians and silly conspiracy theories... undecided

Over 90% (perhaps 95%) of the staff of MTN Nigeria are Nigerians (including the Chief Technical Officer, Mohammed Rufai, and many senior engineers). Accordingly, if we are to sallow this obtuse thesis hook line and sinker, these Nigerians must have been “hurt” by the protests of youth groups on MTN Nigeria (of course one is not sure exactly what MTN Nigeria has to do with xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa) and have thus decided to sabotage Nigeria through an technological attack on innocent Nigerian consumers. SMH
>

MTN is now a quoted company and now belongs to Nigerians kinda.

It's no longer just South African, its also Nigerian. So kilode?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Topmaike007(m): 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
MTN get mind Oo even in Nigeria they're misbehaving
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by TheKingIsHere: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:
GLO is a poorly managed telecoomunications operator and owing huge interconnect fees, so MTN has refused to terminate their calls.

But guess what network the Adenugas use when GLO has network issues? Yes, you guessed right - MTN!!!

If not for a very useless, toothless and visonless regulatory governance from NCC, MTN would have blown the likes of GLO into extinction.

Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Topmaike007(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

idiot na people like you they embarrass Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
These stupid Mtn made me not to fvck my girlfriend last Sunday, she's using mtn while I'm using GLO, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked shocked cool .when I try to call her,these yeye mtn doesn't allowed me to call her.that is how I failed to fvck last Sunday, may thunder fire then.grin grin grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Topmaike007(m): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
mcdokwe:

flexing 4G here in lasigidi
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Akanoaaa(m): 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Cletus77:
People kept on complaining it to me at the office today..and went on to buy a new MTN Sim thinking the fault is from the glo. I guess that's what MTN wants.

Everyone gather here..lemme profer a solution. MTN must not frustrate Glo, even in terms of paying staffs, Glo beats Dem hands down!

Anytime you try calling an MTN line using Glo and it doesn't work, just try it twice, check your account balance and then try it twice or three times it will definitely ring on the third or fourth dial...

That's the leak am using, MTN tink say Dem wise

Must we have to go through all that before we can make calls? Oloriburuku ni MTN am telling you.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2019
specter:

MTN is now a quoted company and now belongs to Nigerians kinda.

It's no longer just South African, its also Nigerian. So kilode?
You think the percentage of shares issued to Nigerians are significant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges / This Is What I Found Inside Original BB Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.