Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,124 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? (45733 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / How To Frustrate A Scammer / What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by aoshea18: 5:00am On Jul 30, 2019
mcdokwe:
I actually thought Glo was to blame for my inability to make calls, and had planned to port to mtn. But since this is the case, we die there.

But Glo should learn to compensate us by upgrading to 4g not just large data volumes that end up frustrating users.

Abi anybody here done really use Glo 4g?

Yup. In pH

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trendsgirl: 5:11am On Jul 30, 2019
FarahAideed:

Stop spreading lies .Glo is owing everyone interconnectivity debt

Imagine! You are quoting a blog! Should Glo be owing such amount NCC would have released an official statement about it and you won't be seeing it on BLOGS alone. Stop fake news brother!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by samafooo: 5:32am On Jul 30, 2019
I think say na only me o, very bad
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 30, 2019
Amuocha:
Great Glo cant fight back

Lazy network
They are owing MTN a heavy interconnecting fee, same to Airtel.
Globalcom should rather wake up, let no one fight for them.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by HARRYBEE347: 5:40am On Jul 30, 2019
Yes I can notice it
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Boyooosa(m): 5:54am On Jul 30, 2019
all these should just mind the they report; all in the name of traffic and stupid way finding money.
wetin concern xenophobic protest by NANA concern mtn to glo relationship or interconnectivity?
they better be careful, we wey never survive indigenous terrorism groups like bh, imn and their colleagues from the SE, IPOB, na him we wan go dey linger war with SA.
They better be careful of the way they find money. relevance and their nonsense so called traffic...ish!
and if them invite this one for questioning now, some short sighted nigerians go shout ;buhari is a totalitarian, he is tramping on freedom of speech.
we will continue telling them.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by sylve11: 6:10am On Jul 30, 2019
talkto300:
MTN wants to start what they can't finish! Glo is answering our questions! If not for bad policies, No Nigerians don't MTN any more. And with this they are doing, I am afraid they might loss out!

the day Glo wan frustrate you, you go beg to get MTN line by then. its not about bad policies. Glo is a very bad network when they want to be bad. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by miketayo(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2019
nauto10:
I wanted to port my Mtn to Etisalat but since they change to 9mobile Everything has changed to Slow network .

Port to Airtel or Glo , 9mobile is expensive unnecessary
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by miketayo(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2019
sylve11:

the day Glo wan frustrate you, you go beg to get MTN line by then. its not about bad policies. Glo is a very bad network when they want to be bad. sad cool

Not on 4g, its very fast
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by sylve11: 6:51am On Jul 30, 2019
miketayo:

Not on 4g, its very fast

are we discussing 4G or normal voice calling? undecided cool
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by vineyardfarms: 6:58am On Jul 30, 2019
WHERE IS NCC BEFORE IT DEGENERATED TO THE POINT GLO AND MTN AT EACH OTHER'S THROAT ? WHO STARTED IT, WHO WILL END IT? IS NCC ......
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2019
9jaRealist:
Nigerians and silly conspiracy theories... undecided

Over 90% (perhaps 95%) of the staff of MTN Nigeria are Nigerians (including the Chief Technical Officer, Mohammed Rufai, and many senior engineers). Accordingly, if we are to sallow this obtuse thesis hook line and sinker, these Nigerians must have been “hurt” by the protests of youth groups on MTN Nigeria (of course one is not sure exactly what MTN Nigeria has to do with xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa) and have thus decided to sabotage Nigeria through an technological attack on innocent Nigerian consumers. SMH
>

Whoa. I can't believe I went through an entire 2 page of this thread before I found 1 meaningful post. U know reading through people's comments I was like why are Nigerians so dumb and giallible, until I read ur comment. At least there are still some sensible Nigerians. MTN is a private company, but when Nigerians are killed in South African people here say we should attack MTN and ShopRite. Pls how does that make sense. So let's say a white man was kidnapped in niger Delta or killed by Boko Haram in the north, then it is right to say all businesses belonging to Nigerians in the white man's country should be sabotaged? Is MTN the one killing Nigerians?

U make call from glo to mtn and having difficulty connecting, the logical thing is that the problem might be from either side. But trust Nigerians, mtn is the problem simply because it is a south African country.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Herolly(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2019
Naija is full of shit.... why is it that all the major companies in Naija is Southy company. MTN, DSTV. They be like let's fraustrate this naija people. The price hike is one problem we are facing everyday.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2019
THINK NIGERIA FIRST,THINK GLO. NEVER KNEW THAT WAS WHY I COULDNT CONNECT MY COUSIN IN ABA WITH MY GLO LAST NIGHT.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by JoseRaji(m): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2019
gorociano:
It's annoying gaskiya. Since like Wednesday, any single time I call an MTN number from my Glo line, it will be telling me that they can't complete the call and I should go and contact my network.

I've been quite miffed by this and it's just disheartening that we are being harassed like this. Did I owe them money? NCC should come and sort this out please

Same with me. Over the weekend I could not make most calls to MTN from my Glo SIM. Sometimes it'd go, sometimes it wouldn't. I didn't know it was this serious.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Reptyle(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2019
OEPHIUS:
Xenophobic attack: MTN moves to frustrate Glo
•NCC calls for caution

With the increasing volume of protests from Nigerian youths over the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, it appears that South African telco MTN may have decided to take out its frustrations on Globacom, Nigeria’s 100% home-grown telco.

Many Globacom subscribers over the weekend expressed difficulties in completing calls to MTN subscribers in the last few days, suggesting that the South African company may have constricted some pipes delivering Globacom calls to its network. Glo Subscribers have to try several times before their calls are connected to MTN subscribers.

The new development comes after protests organised by the National Association of Nigerian Association on MTN premises in Kaduna and Benue on Thursday, last week. A few other protests planned for Anambra State and other locations in the country were aborted by the police.

MTN and Globacom have periodically had disputes over the details of their interconnection obligations to each other. It is not uncommon for telecommunications operators to disagree on interconnection obligations from time to time.

However, in order to ensure optimum experience for telecom consumers, the regulator of the industry, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has always advised caution in the area of disconnecting each other as a way of forcing a resolution of interconnect disputes.

Globacom has maintained a steady growth since inception on the strength of its innovative offerings and affordable plans. It is currently the second largest telecommunications operator, next to MTN, and MTN may be afraid that its recent woes, including imposition of a series of fines on account of SIM card registration infractions, among others, might make it possible for an unhindered Globacom to catch up with it at its current rate of growth. Efforts to get the top officials of both MTN and Glo proved abortive.

https://thepunditng.com/xenophobic-attack-mtn-moves-to-frustrate-glo/

What kind of nonsense conspiracy theory is this one now?

Glo can't make calls to MTN and suddenly it is MTN's fault? How about it could be Glo having an issue with their network?

So when Airtel can't make calls to MTN, it is MTN trying to get back at India?

Do you know that MTN as a business loss good money when you can't terminate calls on their network?

Let's stop this senselessness!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2019
Amuocha:
Great Glo cant fight back
Lazy network
two wrongs doesn't make a right
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Neoteny(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2019
Glo had a Fiber optic cable damaged.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by JoseRaji(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2019
klever18:
let's grow our own

how to share your glo data with friends

dial *127*01*friendnumber#

am actually enjoying my glo data

Share na
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by temi4fash(m): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2019
JoseRaji:

Same with me. Over the weekend I could not make most calls to MTN from my Glo SIM. Sometimes it'd go, sometimes it wouldn't. I didn't know it was this serious.

Same here..

I even thought my line had issues
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by captianfreeman(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2019
I experienced this nonsense over the weekend. They have monopoly on pay TV they are angry about not having monopoly on the telecommunications sector.
I moved long time ago. Please move if you can.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by luckydion(m): 8:02am On Jul 30, 2019
Tis's frustrating, One has to dial MTN number from glo up to about 4 to 5 times b4 connection. Can't Nigerian be free still in our home?
Where's NCC?

Nigerians build any state or country they resides, yet we are being logically, & systematically enslaved by the foreigners even in our homes.

They instigate us to fight against ourselves, they inject themselves in2 our religion, even our politics to fight against each other, there by handling our God given treasure to them.

It's a Pity Mr Pit landed into the Pit.
Nigeria is blessed but ...................
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by dahme147(m): 8:10am On Jul 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
Glo no get level abeg.
Na only to de advertise up and down them sabi.

De go give you data finish come seize network.

Rubbish

Switch to Glo 4G my guy and complain no more...……...cheers!!!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by dahme147(m): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2019
The annoying thing is Mtn lines will be able to call Glo lines at one dial that downtime period...…
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Rekeb: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2019
This is definitely not true. OP is just being sensational. NCC does not allow such things by telecom providers. Even when Globacom was owing the other telcos tens of billions in interconection debt, NCC did not allow them to block Glo from their network. This is a deliberate attempt to demarket MTN. The fault has to be a technical issue, most likely from the Glo side.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by JaceBlaze: 8:29am On Jul 30, 2019
The gia-ANT thinks it can flex its floppy muscles against the MIGHTY SA? grin cool .You charcoal-black people did this to yourselves by linking two things that got nothing to do with each other.MTN is under no obligation to speak against or apologise for xenophobic attacks...mumu people undecided
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by miketayo(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2019
sylve11:

are we discussing 4G or normal voice calling? undecided cool

Glo network problems r on data not voice calls
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by XhosaNostra(f): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2019
JaceBlaze:
The gia-ANT thinks it can flex its floppy muscles against the MIGHTY SA? grin cool .You charcoal-black people did this to yourselves by linking two things that got nothing to do with each other.MTN is under no obligation to speak against or apologise for xenophobic attacks...mumu people undecided

Which attacks are they on about? If you go by Nairaland & Nigerian media, you'd think Nigerians are being hunted like game in SA. Whereas, reality is quite different. They seem to be walking around without a care in the world. I don't see them surrounded by security, hiding out or walking in groups for people whose lives are reportedly in danger.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Techsunny: 8:47am On Jul 30, 2019
Glo na network? ?. Afobja network, few igbo use that network
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2019
greenhulk:

Whoa. I can't believe I went through an entire 2 page of this thread before I found 1 meaningful post. U know reading through people's comments I was like why are Nigerians so dumb and giallible, until I read ur comment. At least there are still some sensible Nigerians. MTN is a private company, but when Nigerians are killed in South African people here say we should attack MTN and ShopRite. Pls how does that make sense. So let's say a white man was kidnapped in niger Delta or killed by Boko Haram in the north, then it is right to say all businesses belonging to Nigerians in the white man's country should be sabotaged? Is MTN the one killing Nigerians?

U make call from glo to mtn and having difficulty connecting, the logical thing is that the problem might be from either side. But trust Nigerians, mtn is the problem simply because it is a south African country.
Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges / This Is What I Found Inside Original BB Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.