Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome (50222 Views)

For Food Lovers, This Is How To Generate Passive Income Without Hassles / Reasons Why Asian Food Lovers Love Asian Snacks In Australia / This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
cococandy:
More power to you cool

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
sassysure:

4 cups a day? shocked
I have totally given up. Just sips recently and I will not go more than that.
I drank that thing like water.
Can keep awake all night.
Especially when one useless assignment is giving you tough time cheesy
Wicked lectures cheesy
We sometimes rush to school with bathroom slipas and shorts just to submit assignments that will never be marked.
Or go for.lectures on Sunday morning around 7am.
Cramming and cramming.
U sure do need that coffee grin

I drank more of lipton while in school just to stay awake and read.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
I was watching this Instagram video where a few of them were shown before their arrests spraying dollars at various parties with MCs and others cheering them on. Like this money na water. I know people can be legitimately wealthy but those kinds of people are not the kind of people you see at parties spraying $100 bills to the tune of hundreds of thousands.
There’s only so much money you can make in a day given the per/hr rate of pay here and the fact that there’s only 24 hours in a day.

And of course I know that business may yield more income than paid jobs but guess what? Every business doesn’t succeed overnight and when they do, only a stupid businessman will spray hundreds of thousands of dollars at one event to impress people thereby risking his capital. Those are just hallmarks of people who didn’t work hard or smart for their money.
They make us hard working class folks look bad to other Americans.

Those internet come-see caused them to get caught amongst other things.
sassysure:

Unless I see their faces, as many families answer the same names up there.
But, I wouldn't be surprised I will know some.
Or some of my people must have met or know some of them.
It's so humiliating.

2 Likes

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Asian food is bae cheesy
(Let me sound like someone I know)
sassysure:

Asian delicacy.
They have dried seaweed in their shops.

Koreans use seaweed soup for birthdays like we use cake.
The day I will find Asian shop around me, I have a lot to buy as I prefer their cuisines to English and they prefer healthier food though I can get some of their stuffs in regular malls around here.
I am jealous wink
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sassysure this is the guy I was telling you about

https://www.nairaland.com/5379663/fbi-chika-augustine-odionyenma-ihediohas#81591159

Sibling to an old school mate.
I’ve never met him o. Before people will start looking at me like I didn’t work hard for my stuff.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
cococandy:

https://www.nairaland.com/5379663/fbi-chika-augustine-odionyenma-ihediohas#81591159

I’ve never met him o. Before people will start looking at me like I didn’t work hard for my stuff.
Very handsome guy.
Just imagine.

Chei!
What is wrong with these boys?

No, people will not think otherwise.

My anger is their siblings and parents don't call them to order.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
cococandy:
Asian food is bae cheesy
(Let me sound like someone I know)
Yes o cheesy cheesy
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
cococandy:
I was watching this Instagram video where a few of them were shown before their arrests spraying dollars at various parties with MCs and others cheering them on. Like this money na water. I know people can be legitimately wealthy but those kinds of people are not the kind of people you see at parties spraying $100 bills to the tune of hundreds of thousands.
There’s only so much money you can make in a day given the per/hr rate of pay here and the fact that there’s only 24 hours in a day.

And of course I know that business may yield more income than paid jobs but guess what? Every business doesn’t succeed overnight and when they do, only a stupid businessman will spray hundreds of thousands of dollars at one event to impress people thereby risking his capital. Those are just hallmarks of people who didn’t work hard or smart for their money.

My dear, don't even get me started on how our brothers worship money.
It's terrible in my state.
These boys have so much low self esteem that they use money to build confidence and seek acceptance hence they can kill to appear as alpha males before their fellow men and impress ladies.

They flash this money as if to say it's ordinary paper.
No self confidence. Don't u see how they open their mouth here filled with so much low self esteem.
Meet them outside one on one and they will bail out cheesy
That's the same thing with those yahoo boys or drug pushers.
Ediots

2 Likes

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Acidosis(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
cococandy:

You make sense some times sha.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by amorprincesa: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Too cute for such a thing
cococandy:

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Beauty runs in their family.
smiley

You need to see his sis. Paw paw

amorprincesa:
Too cute for such a thing
sassysure:

Very handsome guy.
Just imagine.

Chei!
What is wrong with these boys?

No, people will not think otherwise.

My anger is their siblings and parents don't call them to order.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Go away angry
Acidosis:

You make sense some times sha.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by rogerbell: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
I'm a coffee addict myself. Luckily, I'm not on meds or something nor drink too much. But I was worried about too much caffeine consumption. There's this article I found about how much coffee is too much [url]https://coffeesesh.com/how-much-caffeine-is-too-much-caffeine/ [/url] . I drink 5-6 cups, so I guess I'm okay.
cococandy:
Most meds don’t mix with caffeine and alcohol. Glad you were okay after all.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 3:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
Yes I’ve read varying reports of how much is too much and the numbers tend to be up there.

But individuals are really different and my heart is so sensitive to it that I can’t do more than 2 cups a day.

rogerbell:
I'm a coffee addict myself. Luckily, I'm not on meds or something nor drink too much. But I was worried about too much caffeine consumption. There's this article I found about how much coffee is too much [url]https://coffeesesh.com/how-much-caffeine-is-too-much-caffeine/ [/url] . I drink 5-6 cups, so I guess I'm okay.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Seahawk: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2019
After cooking, pack the food into the fridge and go eat at the restaurant because why not?

I had some tuna, wings and plenty cocktails. Yum

4 Likes

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2019
Ranting has expired kiss tongue
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
@sassysure, that milk one is all too familiar to me. I can only stand small amounts of dairy at a time or I will just get really bloated and super uncomfortable.
My sister can’t even smell milk without getting really sick.

Many people I know have some mild to moderate lactose intolerance. There’s actually study that says cow’s milk isn’t that great for humans. I’m starting to believe it.

As for the rest of your allergies, all I can say is sorry grin .

But how’s he allergic to fruit? Like all the fruits?
I know some people are allergic to some fruits but if he’s allergic to all of them, then that’s sad because fruits are awesome.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
cococandy:
@sassysure, that milk one is all too familiar to me. I can only stand small amounts of dairy at a time or I will just get really bloated and super uncomfortable.
My sister can’t even smell milk without getting really sick.

Many people I know have some mild to moderate lactose intolerance. There’s actually study that says cow’s milk isn’t that great for humans. I’m starting to believe it.

As for the rest of your allergies, all I can say is sorry grin .

But how’s he allergic to fruit? Like all the fruits?
I know some people are allergic to some fruits but if he’s allergic to all of them, then that’s sad because fruits are awesome.

My dear, na me u dey ask?
When we started dating and I ate garden egg on my way to his place and show start, poor boy was throwing up anyhow grin
He asked me if I ate garden egg and I proudly said yes grin
What do I know.
Second time was banana. That was when he told me.
My kids no gree suck.dont know if the lactose thing affected my boobs too grin

I don't use sanitary pads. Super allergic to that.

This life sef grin

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Anitoya: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
sassysure:
I have given up on my stomach undecided

If I drink evaporated milk, make sure ambulance is by the corner,
In Nigeria I can only manage dano slim with Quaker oat. Even that doesn't stand well with my stomach. If u want to poison me, force me to drink cocoa powder with evaporated milk.
I will just slump after the first 2 swallow grin

Now, I have different types of milk to chose from and after some research ended up with almond milk( unsweetened) but I put small semi skimmed cow milk( tempting). It was all good for cornflakes,Quaker oat and latte.
Recently my body has started rejecting it too.

I don't know the kind of body I have.
My face is allergic to dust.
I use funbactaA for my face every now and then especially the tips of my mouth,eyelids, ear.
I hardly apply make up cos I will scratch away. Gets worst as I get older. Remembered when oga stylishly lured me to make up artist salon and paid one heavy amount for them to make me up.
It only lasted for few hours. Didn't even reach home before I unconsciously cleaned them off.
I love make up o.i have many make up whatever at home but my face can only accept good old white powder and lipstick.
Back to my story.

If I stay like 4 days without rubbing something that has the active ingredient found in that cream on my face, it will start itching me, to maddening itch where u scratch and blood will come out. Then at these places I mentioned will have some rashes around, the rashes will increase and my face will start swelling up.
Anyway, I will not allow it to reach that stage else I run mad but that is how it is.
Has been with me since I become an adolescent and trips to hospitals yielded nothing. Even meeting dermatologists.
They don't even know what to do. Bunch of crappy drs.
I researched and found out what was wrong myself and started treating treating.
Finished ranting grin

Anybody with any allergic reaction?

My husband is allergic to fruits grin
Fuji house of allergy cheesy
But his has reduced a lot.
Wish mine will just stop.

Feeling better.

My own allergy is bathing with sponge . I last tried bathing with sponge like 10 years ago. If I dare use sponge or even handkerchief or soft towel to bath. I will itch all day. Ever since I stopped using sponge I have not itched after bathing.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 20, 2019
Anitoya:

My own allergy is bathing with sponge . I last tried bathing with sponge like 10 years ago. If I dare use sponge or even handkerchief or soft towel to bath. I will itch all day. Ever since I stopped using sponge I have not itched after bathing.
Incredible! shocked

With my nonsensical face, if I no sponge am well well, I go hear am. Infact hard sponge grin

Urs is better o. U go dey bath like oyibo kiss
While people like me go dey scrub face like back of charcoal pot cheesy
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Anitoya: 5:28am On Sep 20, 2019
sassysure:

Incredible! shocked

With my nonsensical face, if I no sponge am well well, I go hear am. Infact hard sponge grin

Urs is better o. U go dey bath like oyibo kiss
While people like me go dey scrub face like back of charcoal pot cheesy

I am telling you better oyibo bathing and my skin is a testimony sef. Ppl keep asking me what soap and cream do you use and when I tell them I don't cream neither do I have a particular expensive soap just regular soaps like lux and co or any soap I meet in the bathroom they will say it's a lie. Then I give them my secret " eat balanced meals" especially vegetable and fruits and you will be fresh. And they give me that yimu face like is this girl ok , just that only. I don't know what exactly they were expecting to hear
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 21, 2019
loveymom:

Sure, will be right back with it

Okay!

The secret of tasty oha soup is stock fish head and mangala (dried fish)
Any dried fish will do too.

Ingredients
Stock fish
Dried fish
Meat (beef or cow head/tail)
Achi
Crayfish
Palm oil
Onion
Season
Salt
Dried pepper
Oha leaves ( cut with hand or with knife)
Uziza leaves ( cut with hand or knife)
Kpomo cut in pieces (optional)
Periwinkles (optional)

Directions
Soak the stock fish head with hot water in a bowl

Soak the dried fish with hot water in a separate bowl

Wash your meat, add onions , salt and season cubes, add little water and bring to boil for 20mins

Wash your Kpomo and clean it nicely, dice and keep aside.

Also wash your periwinkle and keep aside

In between the boiling of meat add your stock fish and kpomo. ( you need the Kpomo to cook through the stock to get soft on time

Wash and clean the dried fish to remove any dirt and debone it and keep for use later

After 8 mins of adding stock fish, add the quantity of water you desire for your soup and add palm oil, cover the pot and allow to boil for 10mins ( it allows the palm oil to cook through well).

Add the dried fish, and periwinkle, allow to simmer for 5 mins

Add the achi little by little till you get the desired thickness you want (don't make the soup thin or too thick). Allow to boil for 3 mins

Add pepper and Crayfish, in about 2 mins add the washed oha and uziza leaves, add seasoning and salt. Allow to simmer 2 mins ( don't turn it)

After 2 mins simmer, turn and check for salt, if it's okay cover the pot and allow to simmer for extra 2 mins or add salt and cover to simmer for 2 mins.

Bring down the pot and leave the pot cover half open to allow the steam get out

Note: This is how I cook mine, someone might have another pattern they cook theirs.

Try adding ogiri for an awesome taste

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
I cooked with mutton today. It's actually sweet. Honestly, I was very sceptical. Just drain the fat and u are good to go.

When I prepare yaji, I will use it for suya. I have only tasted such as suya once.
All my yaji things don set. Na to create time as I've not done it b4.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
I want to ask, how is an average Nigerian managing?
Things are ridiculously expensive.

Lots of people are being disengaged from work. School children has to go to school.
House rents must be paid and others.

It's just not fair.
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Mariangeles(f): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
I saw this video on healthy oatmeal recipes and I thought to share.
I love them all, except the oatmeal pancakes undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZHstlBHRY

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Mariangeles(f): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2019
Is it strange that I haven't tasted oatmeal up till now ?
Am I missing ? undecided
Who else is with me ?

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by breadplanets(f): 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Mariangeles:
Am I missing ? undecided
Who else is with me ?
you are on your own grin
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Mariangeles(f): 12:20am On Sep 28, 2019
breadplanets:
you are on your own grin
embarassed
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2019
It’s crazy right now.

Every time you call to say hello it’s just a rehearsal of how bad things have become.

No amount of money is enough to make anyone comfortable right now because they are still paying more than usual for everything.
sassysure:
I want to ask, how is an average Nigerian managing?
Things are ridiculously expensive.

Lots of people are being disengaged from work. School children has to go to school.
House rents must be paid and others.

It's just not fair.

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by cococandy(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
Well bite the bullet and try it.

I was never a huge fan until I tried making it sweet and light textured (not too thick).

Very delicious that way

Mariangeles:
Am I missing ? undecided
Who else is with me ?
Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Mariangeles(f): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2019
cococandy:
Well bite the bullet and try it.

I was never a huge fan until I tried making it sweet and light textured (not too thick).

Very delicious that way

I'll definitely try it someday...even if it's cookie form

@ bite the bullet grin

1 Like

Re: Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2019
cheesy cheesy

Coco, I hope u understand kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

How A Snake Was Killed And Eaten / Food(s) That Can Make You Really Tall / I Bought This Banana For N200, Was I Cheated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.