Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' (25166 Views)

Nigerian Army Denies Involvement In Shooting Of EndSARS Protesters / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu Secret Burial In Italy / Atiku Reacts Over 'killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by descartes400: 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:
Believe the Nigerian army at your peril. The way they lie and the manner they lie is simply beyond compare. They lie and lie like they expect to get gold medal for it on judgement day. Even if someone went there and dug up the corpses they will lie again and change their story.
If the Nigerian army told me Jesus is the son of God, I would ask for a copy of his birth certificate and a sworn testimony from the midwife and doctor on duty on the delivery night before even thinking of believing them.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by zikter(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2019
livebyday:

I would strictly caution you not be rude a d put your point after reading and comprehending

If you read the article you would see that this secret burial routine began over a year ago

Secondly I handle contracts in the north east and was in maiduguri and spent nights with military personnel whom all made subtle.remarks and intending desertion and when I Inquired why they all made a comment stating that if you are sent to the fap (front assualt point ) you just might never return.. I asked repeatedly why they all nervously refused to give a direct answer , I heard rumors of trucks moving at night but paid no attention to it .

You are too young and uninformed to speak without proper information. I suggest you learn to speak to elders and focus on your studies

Mind your language here or your account will be banned for breaking rule 2

Disregard this at your convenience

Cheers
But this your effort to prove the report is still very weak and substantiate nothing. How does soldiers unwilling to go to front war or truck movements in the night translate to secret burial of 1000 people without up to 50 uproar from their relations in the local media? More so considering this era of social media. I still doubt this report the way it is presented. If such occurred, the families were likely informed before burial, otherwise discordant tones would have arisen. In case if the families were informed, then, it means the burial was not secret. The army could have buried 1000 soldiers over time but the "secret" in the report is highly suspicious. And remember some of us here have relations in the war front as well. Trust the western media at your peril.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by ikevictor: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
Anytime they use unnecessary big drama to deny an allegation in Nigeria, just know the defender is lying...because asi na akamma na oyibo!

Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2019
descartes400:

[/b]
grin grin grin

It's not funny biko. No one actually believes whatever they say. They know that but don't give a sh1t.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by klever18(m): 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
we Nigerians do not stand behind our Army dats the simple truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Mazulu: 9:21pm On Aug 01, 2019
It's so unfortunate.

Meanwhile, have you heard of the Back to School Festival Naija?

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2019
zikter:
But this your effort to prove the report is still very weak and substantiate nothing. How does soldiers unwilling to go to front war or truck movements in the night translate to secret burial of 1000 people without up to 50 uproar from their relations in the local media? More so considering this era of social media. I still doubt this report the way it is presented. If such occurred, the families were likely informed before burial, otherwise discordant tones would have arisen. In case if the families were informed, then, it means the burial was not secret. The army could have buried 1000 soldiers over time but the "secret" in the report is highly suspicious. And remember some of us here have relations in the war front as well. Trust the western media at your peril.

Ask around please. There are plenty of reports of soldiers who went to the war front and never came back. Where are they? Did they fly to the moon? Years later all enquires to the Nigerian Army is met with silence.
Like I said, ask around. A few of these missing soldiers are even featured on some Nairaland pages.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by zikter(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
[quote author=NEIGHBOUR post=80847954][/quote]My brother, one is just weak for some people, no scrutiny, no objective analysis, swallow it whole as long as it is from the white man. The word secret in that report referring to 1000 burials is just somehow in the ears

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by AnanseK(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Enemy of state sighted at close range.
True Nigerians are proud of Atiku

Proud of him? The same Atiku? For what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Litmus: 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2019
As is often the case with those international bad news and bad statistics on Nigeria, the West simple takes hearsay from none Nigerian African journalists and runs with it. This is how Nigeria became number one skin bleachers in the world and Nigerian women became the most promiscuous women in the world. No research is ever done, the West just runs with heresy from so many Africans that mean Nigeria no good. Of corease, we Nigerians do not help ourselves since some of us want theses bad news for scoring political points against the party in office. Misinformation that become facts and damage Nigeria is partly what that Nigerian lecturer in Ghana was implying when he urged Nigerians to control their own stories better instead of letting other Africans lie about us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by groovie(m): 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by zikter(m): 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Ask around please. There are plenty of reports of soldiers who went to the war front and never came back. Where are they? Did they fly to the moon? Years later all enquires to the Nigerian Army is met with silence.
Like I said, ask around. A few of these missing soldiers are even featured on some Nairaland pages.
This is where the issue is, no data to back anything up, just conjectures. Who collated the statistics of even up to 100 disappeared soldiers? certainly you cannot find any of such on internet, or do well to share if you have any please. If a few in your words are missing, then how does it translate to secret burial? Of course in a war of this nature some casualties may never be found, their corpses may never have been recovered. Let us ask some critical questions of some of these reports, they are not in our best interest mostly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Philcassidy991: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
The fact is that this government and the act of denial are like the air we breath. I have never seen any allegations against this government that they have admitted to before even the ones that are obvious. Next level indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by OBAGADAFFI: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
Litmus:
As is often the case with those international bad news and bad statistics on Nigeria, the West simple takes hearsay from none Nigerian African journalists and runs with it. This is how Nigeria became number one skin bleachers in the world and Nigerian women became the most promiscuous women in the world. No research is ever done, the West just runs with heresy from so many Africans that mean Nigeria no good. Of corease, we Nigerians do not help ourselves since some of us want theses bad news for scoring political points against the party in office. Misinformation that become facts and damage Nigeria is partly what that Nigerian lecturer in Ghana was implying when he urged Nigerians to control their own stories better instead of letting other Africans lie about us.

The western media got more information about Nigeria than most of the people living in Nigeria.

Because they pay well for good information from credible source

Tell me one month soldier are not been killed in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2019
zikter:
This is where the issue is, no data to back anything up, just conjectures. Who collated the statistics of even up to 100 disappeared soldiers? certainly you cannot find any of such on internet, or do well to share if you have any please. If a few in your words are missing, then how does it translate to secret burial? Of course in a war of this nature some casualties may never be found, their corpses may never have been recovered. Let us ask some critical questions of some of these reports, they are not in our best interest mostly

Like I said, ask around. Plus over the last few years there have been times when the army lost around 100 men in a week or two. From that any reasonable person can guess it has lost a few thousand men to the fight.
Many families have not been able to contact their soldier sons for years. There can only be one explanation for that.
More, if the report is wrong, all the army has to do is sue the Wall Street Journal and get millions of dollars in compensation. Will the army do that? I'm willing to bet my life they will not, mainly cos they are allergic to the truth.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Litmus: 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
Godlike America, arbiter of all knowledge, will know where Nigeria buried thousands of soldiers, why don’t you numbskulls ask them to show you where they are buried. And while they at it, ask them to show you where Sheku is hiding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by OfficialAPCNig: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
muykem:
Do you actually know what you are saying? True Nigerian are proud for Atiku for responding on rumour that capable of setting Nigeria on fire
Rumour?

May what befell those 1000 innocent soldiers never befall you.

Amen!

We are proud of Atiku, he is a true statesman.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by zikter(m): 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
For me I speak as a Nigerian, I don't have another Country to call my own, and I applaud the brave military personnel sacrificing daily. Our military top brass and politicians are not holy, but again most Nigerians are not themselves. The west has caused enough troubles in Africa especially and is high time we learnt to be suspicious of them. Their undue interference in peaceful Libya is part of the heavy price we are paying today, as weapons so dangerous flow freely from there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by nnokwa042(m): 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2019
muykem:
Atiku surprised me in all honesty to have responded to such rumour. When he knows the implications of such on the country Security. Insecurity doesn't know opposition, Afenifere leader that lost his daughter to insecurity is a major critics of Buhari government but after all noise all over, is Buhari leave the seat. We should work together to ensure adequate security for our life and family.
which rumour are you talking about?you think Nigeria soldiers don't leak secret of boko haram killings to foreign journalist? is not Nigeria army that denied that 4 soldiers hijacked 600 million naira?but today they are arresting wives of those soldiers ,trust Nigeria army on your peril
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Africachild: 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
Correct guy.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by honyham: 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
1,000 come from 1,000 family? Let us assumed they have 10 relation each that will be 10,000 people? What of their school mate's, friends ,altogether 100,000 Nigerians will be informed, if 10% of them are nairalanders? .
What are we talking about goats or human beings. Let us use our head please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by zikter(m): 9:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
GabrielYulaw:

Like I said, ask around. Plus over the last few years there have been times when the army lost around 100 men in a week or two. From that any reasonable person can guess it has lost a few thousand men to the fight.
Many families have not been able to contact their soldier sons for years. There can only be one explanation for that.
More, if the report is wrong, all the army has to do is sue the Wall Street Journal and get millions of dollars in compensation. Will the army do that? I'm willing to bet my life they will not, mainly cos they are allergic to the truth.
I told you that some of us too are not ignorant to what is happening in the war, the presentation of the report is fishy. Yes, the army or government may not necessarily sue them because of their higher stand on the diplomatic platform. By and large, we depend on them on a number of issues and naturally you wouldn't want to "overreact" with your benefactor. So it is a bit more complicated than it looks.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by honyham: 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2019
1,000 came from 1,000 family? Let us assumed they have 10 relation each that will be 10,000 people? What of their school mate's, friends ,altogether 100,000 Nigerians will be informed, if 10% of them are nairalanders? .
What are we talking about goats or human beings. Let us use our head please.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
zikter:
I told you that some of us too are not ignorant to what is happening in the war, the presentation of the report is fishy. Yes, the army or government may not necessarily sue them because of their higher stand on the diplomatic platform. By and large, we depend on them on a number of issues and naturally you wouldn't want to "overreact" with your benefactor. So it is a bit more complicated than it looks.

Lol. It's about "overreacting" in any way. To me the report is totally credible since we have been at war for almost two decades and lots of folks have yet to hear from their soldier sons.

How many times have you seen the army deny knowing soldiers caught by Boko Haram? How many times have you heard them refuse to acknowledge that an army base had fallen, but kept denying till the Boko boys show the truth on video? If both of us went to the site of the secret grave, dug up the bodies and announced it to the world, will the army accept responsibility?
Face it, all the army knows how to is lie. If they said eba is made from cassava tubers I would never believe them without checking first.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Lovelyn451(f): 10:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
H
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by tinsel: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2019
descartes400:

I tire for their matter.
They know the truth.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Nanop1: 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
muykem:
Atiku surprised me in all honesty to have responded to such rumour. When he knows the implications of such on the country Security. Insecurity doesn't know opposition, Afenifere leader that lost his daughter to insecurity is a major critics of Buhari government but after all noise all over, is Buhari leave the seat. We should work together to ensure adequate security for our life and family.

U must b a goat...
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by bizzibodi(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2019
1000 soldiers no b beans are they saying d whole battalion was killed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by livebyday(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
zikter:

Agreed but I know for a fact that several families are awaiting for feedback from the army on the relatives whom the army.informed them disappeared during operations

Facts remain that the Nigerian army has never shown to have integrity in information dispersal in this or any other previous government

Had it been I hadn't sat down with military officers in borno and heard these talks first hand I may have discredited this information and secondly it's coming from the wallstreet journal so I will believe it 100%

Nigeria is not a nation where people have rights so please be realistic and forget that weak argument that the families would have raised issues to buratai that is a joke

Nigerians citizens can't even raises issues with civilian local government counselors talkless of military

What amazes me is the total disregard for the reality on ground in Nigeria I'm your response

Nigeria is not America or United kingdom or Canada please you cannot raise any issues with the military in Nigeria and if you go to any media house they won't publish your story for fear of reprisals be realistic
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Emmanuel226(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
hmmm...... dis is serious grin
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by livebyday(m): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
Nemesis909:

Rubbish.

Noted

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Gets Approval To Establish David Umahi Medical University (Pix) / APC Cannot Win Ekiti Even If Tinubu Becomes INEC Chairman - Fayose / Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.