Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' (25146 Views)

Nigerian Army Denies Involvement In Shooting Of EndSARS Protesters / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu Secret Burial In Italy / Atiku Reacts Over 'killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Earthquake1: 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2019
muykem:
Do you actually know what you are saying? True Nigerian are proud for Atiku for responding on rumour that capable of setting Nigeria on fire

Fulani herdsmen have not set Nigeria on fire

M.mu

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by themanderon: 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hahaha....The sky is red, ask Nigerian Army.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by micmond: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
The allegations from WSJ is so weighty, so I think it's not something the military will just wish away, many families across nigeria cannot give account of their sons in the military.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by omobaba1759: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
The response is too weak
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by kellyboo: 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
We can solve your NEPA wahala.. We promise to give you 24/7 power supply.

Check my signature
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Aladdin1(m): 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2019
Lie lie worry their anus.nigerian army nonsense.army of zombie.army of the dead.CONTINUE!! lying.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by SolexOlenin(m): 11:16pm On Aug 01, 2019
post=80843517:
The Defence headquarters has described as false, the story by The Wall Street Journal which accused its officers of burying a thousand dead soldiers in secret graves, to avoid bad publicity. The American medium had reported that soldiers are being buried in unmarked graves in Borno State, after the army suffers defeat from Boko Haram.

But Defence spokesman, Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu released a statement saying: “This insinuation can only emanate from an uninformed position of the author of the said publication. Therefore, it must be unambigously clarified that the Armed Forces of Nigeria does not indulge in secret burials, as it is sacrilegious and a profanity to extant ethos and traditions of the Nigerian military.”

He insists fallen heroes are honoured in befitting military funeral of international standard, featuring funeral parade, and solemn prayers.

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/army-denies-denies-having-secret-mass-grave.html

Lol,

see weak response...

We everly know you guys will deny the allegation, but the level of your response and reaction will confirm the story just as you have done.

No offender will go unpunished!
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Emanodimo(m): 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2019
Everyone knows based on statistics on the no of batallion that was sent to fight Boko Haram since 5years back is up to a thousand. Not necessarily they are buried in mass but pockets of burial must have littered most part of the North East with Dead soldiers.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Chukalemon(m): 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
Wsj are really sure of what they are saying,if they are denying allegations,then how about those soldiers that where been killed by boko haram on daily basis where where they buried into
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Chukalemon(m): 11:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
To my personal person alibaba
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Turantula(m): 12:06am On Aug 02, 2019
MadeInTokyo:

Fool like u
Zombie oh zombie
That guy na mumu

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by ChikezieU(m): 12:45am On Aug 02, 2019
muykem:
Atiku surprised me in all honesty to have responded to such rumour. When he knows the implications of such on the country Security. Insecurity doesn't know opposition, Afenifere leader that lost his daughter to insecurity is a major critics of Buhari government but after all noise all over, is Buhari leave the seat. We should work together to ensure adequate security for our life and family.
you seem not to be reasoning well
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by contigiency(m): 12:53am On Aug 02, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

Enemy of state sighted at close range.

True Nigerians are proud of Atiku

You mean to say stupid and gullible Nigerians are proud of Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by ChikezieU(m): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2019
Chiedu4Trump:
This govt is evil & heartless,so they are saying that this woman is lying?

https://twitter.com/hannahmuktar/status/1156982646746025984
. Good bless you bro...there is even another case the brother of a journalist who was missing for 4months only for his execution to be watched on video by his brother. What baffles me is why such information takes time to come to light anyway maybe they are afraid to talk
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/several-of-my-comrades-were-buried-at-night-in-secret-cemetery-soldier/amp/

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:19am On Aug 02, 2019
Nemesis909:
Do people even have an idea what 1000 is?

How many trailers?

What of the relations of the deceased, would they keep quiet?

The amount of fake news in Nigeeia is enough to pull the entire country down.
Did you read the Wall Street journal story? It never said the 1000 soldiers fell in a day.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by OfficialAPCNig: 1:20am On Aug 02, 2019
contigiency:

You mean to say stupid and gullible Nigerians are proud of Atiku?
Says a yoruba tijaniyya moslem
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Nemesis909: 1:23am On Aug 02, 2019
Gandollar:
Did you read the Wall Street journal story? It never said the 1000 soldiers fell in a day.

I've read the story and I know exaggeration when I come across one.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:24am On Aug 02, 2019
Lenny9000:

YES! But who exactly counted the Soldiers to Conclude they are 1000? That is a whole lot of people. If they said 20 - 35 it might be believable.. But from 90 to 150 is difficult to believe not to talk of 1000.. Think about it. That's a whole lot of people, I mean who is keeping track? You can't really hide that many numbers of people no matter how much you try. The rumours would start filtering out... Others would believe that could be their faith if they die in battle.. Another thing is that the Army has always buried their Dead with public knowledge, so what could be their reason for doing this in secret? And how can it be secret if more than two people know? Cos one person cannot be doing all that burial of 1000 people in secret. Yes the Army's response wasn't strong enough, yet its hard to believe the news even if it is coming from a reputable news paper
Like three years ago, my sister in the army told us that the casualty on the federal side were grossly under-reported. WSJ said it was over a thousand. Go and read the story if you have not.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:26am On Aug 02, 2019
Nemesis909:

Who give a shit about the wall street journal?

I have asked salient questions that you cannot answer but refer to questionable western media that cannot provide proof.
Keep ranting here and asking for proof. Why didn't the Nigeria army ask for proof? Hahahaahah
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:32am On Aug 02, 2019
zikter:
1000 Soldiers buried secretary? Over what period of time? who are their families? didn't they come out to announce or find their beloved people? I take this with a pinch of salt.
Families of soldiers who have not seen nor heard from their brother or husband or sisters abound. They have been crying on social media for long. I have people in the army. Some have fallen to BH, some have deserted and others are still in. The foreign media never said they were all buried in one day. Try and read the original story.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:39am On Aug 02, 2019
Nemesis909:

I've read the story and I know exaggeration when I come across one.
Hahahaha.. your army never even denied the numbers. They only refuted the secret burial. In fact, the journal said over a thousand.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Nemesis909: 1:41am On Aug 02, 2019
Gandollar:
Keep ranting here and asking for proof. Why didn't the Nigeria army ask for proof? Hahahaahah

Ok.

After crying what have you achieved?
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:48am On Aug 02, 2019
zikter:
But this your effort to prove the report is still very weak and substantiate nothing. How does soldiers unwilling to go to front war or truck movements in the night translate to secret burial of 1000 people without up to 50 uproar from their relations in the local media? More so considering this era of social media. I still doubt this report the way it is presented. If such occurred, the families were likely informed before burial, otherwise discordant tones would have arisen. In case if the families were informed, then, it means the burial was not secret. The army could have buried 1000 soldiers over time but the "secret" in the report is highly suspicious. And remember some of us here have relations in the war front as well. Trust the western media at your peril.
Me and you have relations in the army then. There has been families asking about their loved ones for long. Maybe you have not come across any and maybe the uproar you are expecting would soon set in.

The army is s regimented entity and you are not expecting soldiers wives and relations to speedily take to the streets in protest because they have not heard from their husbands in three years do you?

Nigeria army is replete with illitrate abookis who nobody will miss if they don't make it back home.

The Nigerian mentality is such that a soldier's life belongs to the government.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:51am On Aug 02, 2019
Nemesis909:

Ok.

After crying what have you achieved?
Exactly what you achieved defending poo.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:57am On Aug 02, 2019
zikter:
My brother, one is just weak for some people, no scrutiny, no objective analysis, swallow it whole as long as it is from the white man. The word secret in that report referring to 1000 burials is just somehow in the ears
Yes it is. In fact the journal said over a thousand. They never said too that they were buried in one day. They also mentioned a location. Will the army allow an independent media to go and verify these? Mind you the army is only contesting the secret burial and not the figure or location.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 1:59am On Aug 02, 2019
AnanseK:

Proud of him? The same Atiku? For what?
Because he is better than a zillion lifeless Sudanese.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Gandollar(f): 2:06am On Aug 02, 2019
zikter:
I told you that some of us too are not ignorant to what is happening in the war, the presentation of the report is fishy. Yes, the army or government may not necessarily sue them because of their higher stand on the diplomatic platform. By and large, we depend on them on a number of issues and naturally you wouldn't want to "overreact" with your benefactor. So it is a bit more complicated than it looks.
Hahahaha..no wonder Trump dissed buhari and the slowpoke was just chorusing yessa yessa
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by Nemesis909: 2:13am On Aug 02, 2019
Gandollar:
Hahahaha..no wonder Trump dissed buhari and the slowpoke was just chorusing yessa yessa
They've paid your salary for last month.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by AreaFada2: 3:51am On Aug 02, 2019
UdyOgwoUde:
So what happened to the reported missing soldiers by their family members?

Those they call "missing soldiers", most were killed in the bushes, taken and butchered by Boko never to be found or recovered and buried secretly as reported.

Many such secret cemeteries probably exist.

The purpose of secret burial is to hide the fact. So why should they admit it now.

The media are either beholden to Tinubu in their SW base or scared stiff of Buhari's dictatorship antics to report this news locally.

Lambasting GEJ all those years and now losing soldiers in hundreds is obviously shameful to Buhari & APC.

Lesson is this: when an enemy attacks, the govt of the day should be supported to fight back. That's patriotism. But Buhari & APC in quest for power sided with Boko against GEJ until Chibok girls kidnap. They suddenly changed tune and began lapping up attention of CNN, Al Jazeera, etc.

They put personal political ambitions before the country. It never ends well.

2 Likes

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by guru03(m): 4:58am On Aug 02, 2019
livebyday:

Agreed but I know for a fact that several families are awaiting for feedback from the army on the relatives whom the army.informed them disappeared during operations

Facts remain that the Nigerian army has never shown to have integrity in information dispersal in this or any other previous government

Had it been I hadn't sat down with military officers in borno and heard these talks first hand I may have discredited this information and secondly it's coming from the wallstreet journal so I will believe it 100%

Nigeria is not a nation where people have rights so please be realistic and forget that weak argument that the families would have raised issues to buratai that is a joke

Nigerians citizens can't even raises issues with civilian local government counselors talkless of military

What amazes me is the total disregard for the reality on ground in Nigeria I'm your response

Nigeria is not America or United kingdom or Canada please you cannot raise any issues with the military in Nigeria and if you go to any media house they won't publish your story for fear of reprisals be realistic

God bless you for your analysis, don't waste your time on sympathiser of Buhari or the Military, that is why we still remain backward in the country.
Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by zikter(m): 5:30am On Aug 02, 2019
Gandollar:
Families of soldiers who have not seen nor heard from their brother or husband or sisters abound. They have been crying on social media for long. I have people in the army. Some have fallen to BH, some have deserted and others are still in. The foreign media never said they were all buried in one day. Try and read the original story.
Perhaps only if you read what you quoted. Where did I say the casualties were buried in a day? I asked for what period. You yourself said some have fallen to BH, some have deserted, some are still in. How does your statement translate to burial of 1000 soldiers secretary? Look the army may have lost more 1000 personnel in the war over a time. What I question seriously is the insinuation of secret burial. what do they mean by secret burial? Is it that the families of the 1000 were not informed? Where are the 1000 families? Even in the press release, the army mentioned about a burial of soldiers in the barracks. You talk about social media missing of personnel, yet you still said some deserted the army, now tell me, if the family of the deserter initially told you on social media that their son is missing, do you think they will come and tell you he is finally found and deserted? No, it will just go quiet because of the implication. We don't have to just believe everything this people say, we should subject it to critical thinking. We are not yet there but swallowing their negativity whole will do us no good either.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' by LOVEGINO(m): 5:34am On Aug 02, 2019
sonnie10:
There is a named location in the report. Can they allow observers assess to this place?
oya na enter front. Lead us, we dey ur back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole‘s Aides Denied Entry To APC Secretariat / Udom May Resign As Atiku’s PCC Chair Over Lack Of Funds / A Vote For Jonathan Is A Vote For God Says A New PDP Advert On Nta (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.