Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt (62245 Views)

African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper / What are the effects of missing NYSC Clearance For A Month? / 'Help Me Collect My Allawee' - Ogun Corper's Last Words Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by grandstar(m): 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
Why are they making jest of her in an extremely horrid way? What she did wasn't right but her dignity should be respected. There was zero need for her to be humiliated like that.

I was expecting to see a slay queen but was shocked to see an hijab wearing lady. It is obvious those laughing or really mocking her did so because of her religious conservatism.

I doubt trousers would have been wrong Koran wise. She took it too far.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by CosmicPhoenix: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
[s]
AbdulHakeem44:

Religion law supersedes man made law when they clash.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
openmine:
The NYSC uniform is a para-military outfit and should be seen as such no matter your beliefs or religion!
Lets say she was meant to do some of the para-military training,will the modified 'skirt' not reveal her underwear?
Whoever feels wearing such outfit esp the trousers is against their morals or religion should apply for an NYSC exemption certificate!
No be by force to go service!

All over the world, military uniforms may also include skirts...
She can still wear a skirt and use pants (or other appropriate outfit) for physical training.

>

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2019
darfay:
We should respect her religion
the law should not respect anything

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by PAROTLAND(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2019
Religion as an opium for the masses. While they pray the government loots and is never questioned.

AdimBAFFLED

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by AbdulHakeem44(m): 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
[s][/s]
Yes that is the truth. Lol as funny as it might sound. Some Christians domination believed that female wearing trouser is a sin, yet, they will wear it when it comes to nysc. Nysc above God rules.

One of the problems we have in this country is relying absolutely as the foundation is being laid by our colonial masters who had almost uniform tribe and religion in their country compared to multicultural and multireligious society like Nigeria.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2019
Mk12:
the law should not respect anything

The law was enacted by people...
And should take their lives into account.

The primary reason we don’t normally work on Sundays is that our laws “respect” our religion...
Same reason that in some other parts of the world they do not work on Fridays but do so on Sundays.
>

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by phetto(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2019
9jaRealist:

Our Constitution does NOT mandate the wearing of trousers for NYSC... undecided
>
Lol

Prove this
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Orpe7(m): 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
Give them inch dem.go wan turn am to mile
U don dey wear hijab already wetin consign skirt again
I dey wait make that mumuric guy react again

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
I sha hope she is self employed or planning to be. This kind of rigid dressing can limit her chances.
I doubt armed forces, multinationals and big private hospitals and schools will appreciate the dressing.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
there is absolutely nothing in Islam that says women should not wear trousers.

this may very well be religious bigotry on the part of the nysc staff , but it did not have to happen.

as for most of these people suddenly talking about law over religion , i hope you will say the same if na deeper life sister. some of you were cheering when the senate joker dino melaiye was saying he will respect bible over Nigerian constitution.

https://www.nairaland.com/4333067/deeper-life-corper-turns-nysc

i wonder if this one passed out. if they had done same to her in sokoto, the same people cheering on this thread would have been up in arms

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6659112_su89eie_jpg54cbe9fb9eb9441fd4b3c021022b11bb

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
MURIC food don done grin

My guy exactly what came to my mind. U get sense lol. Na Alfa Ishaq Akintola food be this. better soup and swallow. NYSC shld go and ask Law school. MURIC and their uselessness will follow soon.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2019
LibertyRep:
This sh**t isn't peculiar to a certain religion. They all do it depending on their level of indoctrination.

Some of them hold the belief that It is an abomination for a woman to wear a man's dress and vice versa.

If I were the LI too, I don't think I will overlook such infraction.
Nigerians lack knowledge and understanding. there are trousers for men and trousers for women.
the Israelite back then both men and women use to put on a gown like dress. the only difference was the style.

there are countries where men put on skirt , shirt and even with tie as dressing.
some Africans don't actually read from their holybook . they only do whatever they are told by religious leaders
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2019
iamoyindamola:
bros khaki is a para military outfit
Not casual wears

You mean like these military “wears”?
She can wear skirts and only use pants when the specific activity makes it rational.

>
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2019
9jaRealist:

The law was enacted by people...
And should take their lives into account.

The primary reason we don’t normally work on Sundays is that our laws “respect” our religion...
Same reason that in some other parts of the world they do not work on Fridays but do so on Sundays.
>
the law only accommodate the needs of the general public not individuals

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2019
9jaRealist:

All over the world, military uniforms may also include skirts...
She can still wear a skirt and use pants (or other appropriate outfit) for physical training.

>
Oga stop trying to sound intelligent when it’s obvious you are not..
If you are not ok with wearing it, then get an exemption certificate..
I’m pretty certain she didn’t try this for the 3 weeks orientation camp, else she would have been decamped immediately.
Christianity and Islam are not the only religion we have, how about people who serve Ifa and other dieties, so it’s best they design their uniforms to suit their religion then..
You are not Intelligent at all..

If you did attend NYSC, you know they have their bylaws, rules and regulations concerning dress code and all, so please don’t think you made Sense when you didn’t

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by ipobarethieves: 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
undecided undecided shocked angry angry undecided undecided embarassed sad sad she don carry her fanatics reach NYSC doormat. Serves her rite.if u are dumb upstairs, beta nor sidon beside her type/deeper sis dem during exam, nah die oo.Waiting for baba Shark Akintola to write Epistle/lamentation letter to the authority

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Altern8(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2019
darfay:

There are other devout Muslims wearing the proper uniform. If she felt the mandatory service conflicted with the tenets of her faith, she should have opted out.

The uniform will not change. The NYSC was not created to disrespect her religion. She should respect her country and dress properly.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Johnedoh: 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2019
This is simply being daft

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Olorunnim: 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Religion law supersedes man made law when they clash.
Man made laws supersede any religious laws because they're made in consideration of people or other religions And yes only a terrorist talks like you just did.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by omoadeleye(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
Lol, they are coming for the lgi neck, wait and see the new headline
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by festaclanre: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
Did you say oppress? You suppose to ask her didn't sign an oath to abide with rule and regulation of NYSC.
stuffs4me:

You need to check yourself. NYSC is not above Islam and no scheme is allowed to oppress anyone.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Jccf2018(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2019
a6 Corper serving in Katsina state embarked on rearing of Chickens

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by AbdulHakeem44(m): 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
Olorunnim:
Man made laws supersede any religious laws because they're made in consideration of people or other religions And yes only a terrorist talks like you just did.

Man made law is better than God's law right? And for the name calling, you can do better
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Olorunnim: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2019
grandstar:
Why are they making jest of her in an extremely horrid way? What she did wasn't right but her dignity should be respected. There was zero need for her to be humiliated like that.

I was expecting to see a slay queen but was shocked to see an hijab wearing lady. It is obvious those laughing or really mocking her did so because of her religious conservatism.

I doubt trousers would have been wrong Koran wise. She took it too far.

There's nothing conservative about this, she's just being plainly stupid , these people like to think they can get what ever they want and If it's no given to them they play the islamophobic card, their religion is not above the CONSTITUTION.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by nwanyionitsha: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
darfay:
But her fellow hijabers in the video are on trousers
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Olorunnim: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2019
sedutrice:
I sha hope she is self employed or planning to be. This kind of rigid dressing can limit her chances.
I doubt armed forces, multinationals and big private hospitals and schools will appreciate the dressing.
Na recharge card dem dey sell at Last, their husbands would lock them up at home.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Jccf2018(m): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2019
The zonal inspector came to the poultry for inspection and visited the college principal. The name of the Corp is NAMU JOEL KEKE WITH STATE CODE KT/18C/0299[b]The zonal inspector came to the poultry for inspection and visited the college principal. The name of the Corp is NAMU JOEL KEKE WITH STATE CODE KT/18C/0299[/b]The zonal inspector came to the poultry for inspection and visited the college principal. The name of the Corp is NAMU JOEL KEKE WITH STATE CODE KT/18C/0299

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2019
phetto:
Lol

Prove this

grin grin grin

Section 315(5) of the Constitution, dealing with the NYSC, says NOTHING about trousers...
>
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by dojnr4real: 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
darfay:
bullshit
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Olorunnim: 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Man made law is better than God's law right? And for the name calling, you can do better
Screw you God's law that Advocates killing of innocent, forced conversion, Stoning to death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Boyfriend Proposes To Corper In Port Harcourt On Her Passing Out Parade Today / NYSC Redeployment Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.