Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt (62242 Views)

African Civet Killed In My PPA - Ogun Corper / What are the effects of missing NYSC Clearance For A Month? / 'Help Me Collect My Allawee' - Ogun Corper's Last Words Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by Highbeepeeh(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2019
Maybe na by force to serve one useless country.... When people younger than me are making more Muller. someone out there is now feeling happy doing this, when there is nothing to fall back on.

Serve kor, Out ni.

NB: I ain't calling this a shit, it's just a matter of choice. Kudos to those that passed through NYSC.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by SenorFax(m): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
Even Jesus says give unto Caesar what is Caesar's
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by AmIYourMate(m): 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2019
Even Muslim military women wear trousers , when a law is passed and you can't obey it, then don't participate in it. Even the whites that brought religion to us have not gotten to this stage, why are Nigerians extremists , laws are put in place for reasons .
At the end of the day , you'll still find out that they are all hypocrites.
If you were to work in my company and you can't obey my rules , please resign

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by laudate: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
9jaRealist:

That must be what the highlighted below looks like to a dogmatic demagogue... grin
9jaRealist:
Yet again, it helps if you actually read AND comprehend... grin
It’s NOT happenstance that I specifically chose a pic with DIFFERENT types of female uniforms.
>
9jaRealist:
BTW, was the lady in that you are specifically obsessed with in the clip undergoing “drills”? shocked
>
You are still arguing blindly, sir. sad NYSC has an approved uniform that can be worn for drills, community service, operational activities or even to appear before the authorities. undecided

It is the khaki trousers, the khaki jacket and NYSC emblazoned T-Shirt or plain white T-Shirt. sad

It has not been changed, and is unlikely to be altered to suit the whims, caprices and self-indulgent religious desires of a beffudled few participants. It is not by force to serve. sad

Moreover, the NYSC bears the cost of those uniforms. They have more important things to spend their budgets on, rather than some unimportant additional skirts for some misguided participants, who do not want to obey the rules.

Purchasing and distributing additional skirts as part of NYSC uniforms do not make sense, when the organisation is trying to use its allocation, judiciously. angry

9jaRealist:
All over the world, military uniforms may also include skirts...
She can still wear a skirt and use pants (or other appropriate outfit) for physical training.

>

If she can still wear trousers for physical training or other drills, then she is nothing more than a hypocrite.

As a female, if you would NOT wear trousers for religious reasons, but you would rather wear a skirt, does your religion then take a French leave whenever you wear trousers for physical training or drills, only for you to later switch to a skirt? shocked

Or let me put it this way: A woman who can wear skirts for religious reasons, but discards such skirts later for a pair of trousers during physical exercises, man-of-war drills etc, in order to avoid indecent exposure is a hypocrite. angry
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by laudate: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
openmine:
Oga the uniform she converted to skirt is used for 'physical training' not for formal presentation like the picture you presented!
Secondly,there are rules governing the wearing of trousers,if the person does not like such,he or she can forfeit the service and apply for an exemption!
Once you permit one person to wear skirt,the next person will wear shorts!
There is a reason why it was called 'UNIFORM'

Don't mind that guy. If skirts are allowed now, you will start seeing all sorts of rubbbish. sad

It will now become a case of "my skirt is longer than yours, or my hemline is shorter than your own..." Nansense! angry

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by laudate: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
undecided sad shocked
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by BoboKush(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Religion law supersedes man made law when they clash.

That why u Muslim r seen as extremist
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by BoboKush(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Religion law supersedes man made law when they clash.

Ur religion law only supercede u in ur mosque... Once u outside of it u must come back to ur senses
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by mechanics(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
Good for her, she has no respect for the khaki at all.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by AbdulHakeem44(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
BoboKush:

Ur religion law only supercede u in ur mosque... Once u outside of it u must come back to ur senses
OK, but u can u just air ur view without insulting
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by BoboKush(m): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

OK, but u can u just air ur view without insulting

There's no insult is what I wrote expect u wanna pick word.... Even at that no insult.... Stop finding unnecessary excuses
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by AbdulHakeem44(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
BoboKush:

There's no insult is what I wrote expect u wanna pick word.... Even at that no insult.... Stop finding unnecessary excuses

Say that to an elder if it s not an insult. You have stylishly insulted my religion unless you don't understand English language, you may want to check your comment again.
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by dayowunmi(m): 1:38am On Aug 05, 2019
ornicus:

a lot of Christians are irritated by women in hijab.[they call them ninjas and other such slurs.] some in positions of power use the opportunity to make their lives difficult] they automatically regard them as i have had lecturers in school speak out against the impracticality of hijab fall silent when asked about the practicality of a nun's habit. you will be a hypocrite if you refuse to acknowledge that there is often a double standard where people will cite the rules for one set of people and let it slide for another set of people.

the nysc people from that video, are not acting like professionals, but rather, they are mocking her. so in the end, i cannot say if they are actually concerned with doing their job and enforcing the rules, or if they are just being bigots. that lady has been wearing that skirt all through her service year. are they just seeing it for the first time?

a lot of people who complain about religious intolerance are ultimately hypocrites. a lot of Christians who talk about freedom of religion regularly celebrate each other for burning up and destroying shrines of traditional worshipers. they do not remember Nigeria is a secular country at that time.

a lot of racism is always wrapped up in 'enforcement of the rules'
You obviously have a bias against Christians from your speech. True there are a lot of bigots in Nigeria and surely both religions have them within their fold. Your statement is all pandering about Christians being bigots while ignoring the other side. When i was posted to ilorin for my nysc some 3 years ago or thereabouts, I met a moslem lady who was willing to reject her posting to a moslem college of education because the school administrator insisted she must wear long hijab which she said she's uncomfortable with! Now in her case the best thing to do is to reject the posting there!
You claimed the lady has been wearing the skirt since she began serving! What does it matter? Is the question about right or wrong a matter of duration? What is written in the NYSC dress code? until it is amended to accommodate skirts for females, she cannot reasonably claim discrimination or any such thing.
Let me ask you a question, if you get a job today in an organisation that stipulates you come to work Monday to Friday and later on you stopped coming to work on Friday because Friday is Muslim prayer day, if the organisation stopped paying your salary, would they be wrong?
I made this illustration since u seem to suggest religious laws must supercede organisational rules and ethics.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 6:57am On Aug 05, 2019
openmine:

Oga the rules are simple!
No need for too much talk!
Lets say she is working at an oil company and the requirement to go into a field work is that you must wear your overall,will she then make an overall skirt?

Obey the rules or request for an exemption certificate!
Its that simple!
no one put a gun to her head to wear trouser!

Again, people read but don’t seem to comprehend...

For the umpteenth time, the rational question should be what is the purpose of the ‘requirement’ and could the purpose be satisfied in other ways? Accordingly, if people cannot do “oil field work” without overalls (presumably for safety reasons) then the response would be ‘no’ that it cannot be satisfied otherwise. However, (1) when oil company workers leave their “field work” they are NOT required to wear same overall in the offices, and (2) this woman was most definitely NOT engaged in anything remotely resembling “field work” (I already noted that it makes sense to wear appropriate attire for training and drills).

Sadly, this mentality to mindlessly “obey the last order” and the attendant elevation of rules for its sake instead of for its purpose betrays the dearth of initiative and lack of disruptive innovation so pervasive in Nigeria.
>
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 7:05am On Aug 05, 2019
ornicus:
a lot of Christians are irritated by women in hijab.[they call them ninjas and other such slurs.] some in positions of power use the opportunity to make their lives difficult] they automatically regard them as i have had lecturers in school speak out against the impracticality of hijab fall silent when asked about the practicality of a nun's habit. you will be a hypocrite if you refuse to acknowledge that there is often a double standard where people will cite the rules for one set of people and let it slide for another set of people.

the nysc people from that video, are not acting like professionals, but rather, they are mocking her. so in the end, i cannot say if they are actually concerned with doing their job and enforcing the rules, or if they are just being bigots. that lady has been wearing that skirt all through her service year. are they just seeing it for the first time?

a lot of people who complain about religious intolerance are ultimately hypocrites. a lot of Christians who talk about freedom of religion regularly celebrate each other for burning up and destroying shrines of traditional worshipers. they do not remember Nigeria is a secular country at that time.

a lot of racism is always wrapped up in 'enforcement of the rules'

Sadly, I suspect that the overwhelming undercurrent at play here...
>
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by openmine(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

For the umpteenth time, the rational question should be what is the purpose of the ‘requirement’ and could the purpose be satisfied in other ways? Accordingly, if people cannot do “oil field work” without overalls (presumably for safety reasons) then the response would be ‘no’ that it cannot be satisfied otherwise. However, (1) when oil company workers leave their “field work” they are NOT required to wear same overall in the offices, and (2) this woman was most definitely NOT engaged in anything remotely “oil field work” (I already noted that it makes sense to wear appropriate attire for training and drills).

Sadly, this mentality to mindlessly “obey the last order” and the attendant elevation of rules for its sake instead of for its purpose betrays the dearth of initiative and lack of disruptive innovation so pervasive in Nigeria.
>
grin
Oga this post is at best laughable and shows you are just arguing for the sake of it!

This is straightforward....if indeed you have worked in an oil company, you will know that wearing an overall kit is a must for safety reasons and for comfort esp during field work....and no sir,she can't be excused from not wearing the overall kit because its non negotiable and a prerequisite for ALL staffs who work at the oil company to wear such kits!

If such person says wearing trousers like the overall kit is a 'taboo' to her,she can simply resign and look for another job that doesn't require her to put on an overall trouser which is the same as a lady applying for an nysc exemption if she feels wearing a khaki trouser goes against her beliefs!

She cannot decide to design and wear a 'skirt overall' and go do her field work at an oil company... she will simply get queried or even fired for disobeying a rule that she is already aware of!
Its that simple!

Like I have said which you have explicitly failed to comprehend, NYSC service is NOT BY FORCE!
Alternatively,such lady can apply for an NYSC EXEMPTION!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by 9jaRealist: 7:59am On Aug 05, 2019
openmine:
grin
Oga this post is at best laughable and shows you are just arguing for the sake of it!

This is straightforward....if indeed you have worked in an oil company, you will know that wearing an overall kit is a must for safety reasons and for comfort esp during field work.... and no sir,she can't be excused from not wearing the overall kit because its non negotiable and a prerequisite for ALL staffs who work at the oil company to wear such kits!

If such person says wearing trousers like the overall kit is a 'taboo' to her,she can simply resign and look for another job that doesn't require her to put on an overall trouser which is the same as a lady applying for an nysc exemption if she feels wearing a khaki trouser goes against her beliefs!

She cannot decide to design and wear a 'skirt overall' and go do her field work at an oil company... she will simply get queried or even fired for disobeying a rule that she is already aware of!
Its that simple!

Like I have said which you have explicitly failed to comprehend, NYSC service is NOT BY FORCE!
Alternatively,such lady can apply for an NYSC EXEMPTION!

Sadly, some people read but don’t understand...
The result of Nigeria’s “repeat-after-me” school system. cry

9jaRealist:

For the umpteenth time, the rational question should be what is the purpose of the ‘requirement’ and could the purpose be satisfied in other ways? Accordingly, if people cannot do “oil field work” without overalls (presumably for safety reasons) then the response would be ‘no’ that it cannot be satisfied otherwise. However, (1) when oil company workers leave their “field work” they are NOT required to wear same overall in the offices, and (2) this woman was most definitely NOT engaged in anything remotely “oil field work” (I already noted that it makes sense to wear appropriate attire for training and drills).

>
>
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by openmine(m): 8:00am On Aug 05, 2019
dayowunmi:

You obviously have a bias against Christians from your speech. True there are a lot of bigots in Nigeria and surely both religions have them within their fold. Your statement is all pandering about Christians being bigots while ignoring the other side. When i was posted to ilorin for my nysc some 3 years ago or thereabouts, I met a moslem lady who was willing to reject her posting to a moslem college of education because the school administrator insisted she must wear long hijab which she said she's uncomfortable with! Now in her case the best thing to do is to reject the posting there!
You claimed the lady has been wearing the skirt since she began serving! What does it matter? Is the question about right or wrong a matter of duration? What is written in the NYSC dress code? until it is amended to accommodate skirts for females, she cannot reasonably claim discrimination or any such thing.
Let me ask you a question, if you get a job today in an organisation that stipulates you come to work Monday to Friday and later on you stopped coming to work on Friday because Friday is Muslim prayer day, if the organisation stopped paying your salary, would they be wrong?
I made this illustration since u seem to suggest religious laws must supercede organisational rules and ethics.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by openmine(m): 8:03am On Aug 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

Sadly, some people read but don’t understand...
The result of Nigeria’s “repeat-after-me” school system. cry

Oga you are arguing for no reason at all!
If you can't abide by a simple RULE in a company or institution, simply quit and look for another job without such rule!
If nysc dress code states clearly that you can't adorn any other wear than that of a khaki trouser, its either you abide by such dress code or simply ask for an exemption!
No one forced her to do nysc!
Its that simple!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by laudate: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

For the umpteenth time, the rational question should be what is the purpose of the ‘requirement’ and could the purpose be satisfied in other ways? Accordingly, if people cannot do “oil field work” without overalls (presumably for safety reasons) then the response would be ‘no’ that it cannot be satisfied otherwise. However, (1) when oil company workers leave their “field work” they are NOT required to wear same overall in the offices, and (2) this woman was most definitely NOT engaged in anything remotely resembling “field work” (I already noted that it makes sense to wear appropriate attire for training and drills).

Sadly, this mentality to mindlessly “obey the last order” and the attendant elevation of rules for its sake instead of for its purpose betrays the dearth of initiative and lack of disruptive innovation so pervasive in Nigeria.>
So if she can wear trousers as part of the overall kit for working in an oil field, or as part of her training gear for carrying out physical exercises or drill, does that mean her religious inclination or service takes a French leave, during the period whenever she wears such trousers? shocked Kindly spot the hypocrisy in such a woman's attitude.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by BoboKush(m): 7:31am On Aug 06, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Say that to an elder if it s not an insult. You have stylishly insulted my religion unless you don't understand English language, you may want to check your comment again.

Msg passed... I move
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by AbdulHakeem44(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
BoboKush:

Msg passed... I move

Point made irrespective of whether understood or not.

Next objective
Re: Ogun Corper Stopped From Clearance For Converting Her NYSC Khaki To Skirt by BoboKush(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Point made irrespective of whether understood or not.

Next objective

Bye bye... Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Boyfriend Proposes To Corper In Port Harcourt On Her Passing Out Parade Today / NYSC Redeployment Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.