Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. (6875 Views)

Should A Christian Also Read The "Sixth And Seventh Books Of Moses"? / 66 Books Of The Bible In Audio Format - Youtube / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Errors and false teachings in the Ethiopian Bible

The false book of Maccabees which is part of the Ethiopian Bible teaches that one can use money to pay for the sins of the dead so they will be delivered from punishment in the afterlife. This false book has inspired the evil teaching by the Catholic Church that people can pay money to free their sinful dead loved ones from purgatory. Can you see how the Ethiopian Bible contains false doctrine?

2 Maccabees 12:43–45
43 He also took up a collection, man by man, to the amount of two thousand drachmas of silver, and sent it to Jerusalem to provide for a sin offering. In doing this he acted very well and honorably, taking account of the resurrection. 44 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, so that they might be delivered from their sin.

The book of Tobit Condones the use of magic

Tobit 6:5-7 , "Then the angel said to him: Take out the entrails of this fish, and lay up his heart, and his gall, and his liver for thee: for these are necessary for useful medicines. 6 And when he had done so, he roasted the flesh thereof, and they took it with them in the way: the rest they salted as much as might serve them, till they came to Rages the city of the Medes. 7 Then Tobias asked the angel, and said to him: I beseech thee, brother Azarias, tell me what remedies are these things good for, which thou hast bid me keep of the fish? 8 And the angel, answering, said to him: If thou put a little piece of its heart upon coals, the smoke thereof driveth away all kind of devils, either from man or from woman, so that they come no more to them."

Teaches that forgiveness of sins is by human effort.
Salvation by works:

Tobit 4:11 , "For alms deliver from all sin, and from death, and will not suffer the soul to go into darkness."

Tobit 12:9 , "For alms delivereth from death, and the same is that which purgeth away sins, and maketh to find mercy and life everlasting."

This is in total disagreement with the four books below which all agree with one another that forgiveness of sin comes through Jesus Christ. Yet Okcornel believes the evil book of Tobit should be lumped with them.

Luke 24:47
and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Matthew 26:28
for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 9:22
And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Okcornel the Ostrich, read link below to see how the Church Fathers you keep mentioning reject the apocryphal books contained in the Ethiopian Bible.

https://carm.org/early-church-fathers-apocrypha
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2019
Seated:
show me were Jude quoted the book of Enoch?
where is the book?
How did you know it was a book Enoch quoted?

Jude v 14-15;
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Enoch 1 v 9;
And behold, he comes with myriads of the holy to pass judgment upon them, and will destroy the impious, ans will call to account all flesh for everything the sinners and the impious have done and committed against him

Seated:

your book of jasher has been thrashed already.

The same book that 2 Samuel and Joshua clearly made reference to? Nice to hear the "perfect" Bible copied from a book that is "trash" cheesy

Seated:

the question is where they recognized as scriptures? when were those books written before or after the coming of Christ? we all known that the coming of Christ ended the old testament order anything beyond that is false. Just as Mohammed and other false prophets claim to have received another message even after christ has come.
the talmud failed miserable in that regard.
The Talmud was highly regarded among the ancient Jews as scriptures. I really can't believe you are not aware of this. The Talmud is the basis for all codes of Jewish law. Search this and prove me wrong if the Talmud is otherwise.

Please tell us how the Talmud was not regarded as scriptures among the Jews undecided
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
Tosinex:
even John said if the things Jesus did where to be written there won't be enough book in the world to contain it!! The Bible is the basic not the Complete! There are many things that are not written inside the conventional bible it's for our safety though!! With what we have in the scripture it's enough for us to function in the supernatural but it's not the complete! Even the Bible in heaven is more voluminous and detailed than what we have here on earth.

LifestyleTonite:

Now, when is all of these junk you posted written or supported by the Bible?

Look, any book can pop out from nowhere and claim to be the word of God, but that doesn't make it so. The Quran claims to be the word of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But when it got tested by Christians against the Bible, but was found wanting in totality, same as all these other scam books Satanists are trying to smuggle into the Bible. They couldn't pass the test of the furnace.

Psalm 12:6
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times

You claim all of God's word are somewhere else which you nor anybody can find now. That means jots of it have passed away even when Jesus said none will pass away?

Mathew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Are you also a Satanist mocking God? grin

John 21 v 25:
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

But but, the words of God is in only 66 books...jokers cheesy
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by jcross19: 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
Seated:

you prove yourself to be a satanist throughly.
you should take you argument to paul the. apostle

he said that the scripture makes the man of God perfect.
It means the scriptures is perfect and complete in itself.
But I dont expect anything different from someone who oppose the gospel

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

you are not making sense here so because he did not abide to your own opinion is now a Satanist?. now are you telling me that those histories are inspired by God? what about if Constantine give verdict to include more books in the bible when they were compiling it together what will you say? do you know that Roman Catholic have more religious book in their museum in Vatican? the book they kept from mankind? you are talking trash because Ronan empire give you a little out of what they hide from mankind!

1 Like

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by jcross19: 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

The false book of Maccabees which is part of the Ethiopian Bible teaches that one can use money to pay for the sins of the dead so they will be delivered from punishment in the afterlife. This false book has inspired the evil teaching by the Catholic Church that people can pay money to free their sinful dead loved ones from purgatory. Can you see how the Ethiopian Bible contains false doctrine?

43 He also took up a collection, man by man, to the amount of two thousand drachmas of silver, and sent it to Jerusalem to provide for a sin offering. In doing this he acted very well and honorably, taking account of the resurrection. 44 For if he were not expecting that those who had fallen would rise again, it would have been superfluous and foolish to pray for the dead. 45 But if he was looking to the splendid reward that is laid up for those who fall asleep in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Therefore he made atonement for the dead, so that they might be delivered from their sin.

Tobit 6:5-7 , "Then the angel said to him: Take out the entrails of this fish, and lay up his heart, and his gall, and his liver for thee: for these are necessary for useful medicines. 6 And when he had done so, he roasted the flesh thereof, and they took it with them in the way: the rest they salted as much as might serve them, till they came to Rages the city of the Medes. 7 Then Tobias asked the angel, and said to him: I beseech thee, brother Azarias, tell me what remedies are these things good for, which thou hast bid me keep of the fish? 8 And the angel, answering, said to him: If thou put a little piece of its heart upon coals, the smoke thereof driveth away all kind of devils, either from man or from woman, so that they come no more to them."

Salvation by works:

Tobit 4:11 , "For alms deliver from all sin, and from death, and will not suffer the soul to go into darkness."

Tobit 12:9 , "For alms delivereth from death, and the same is that which purgeth away sins, and maketh to find mercy and life everlasting."

This is in total disagreement with the four books below which all agree with one another that forgiveness of sin comes through Jesus Christ. Yet Okcornel believes the evil book of Tobit should be lumped with them.

and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Okcornel the Ostrich, read link below to see how the Church Fathers you keep mentioning reject the apocryphal books contained in the Ethiopian Bible.

those books you mentioned are in catholic good news bible , go to book shop request good news Catholic version you will find them there because the Catholic synod have canonized them!

1 Like

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

So dude, he only wanted to hear if Jesus was aware of the accusations against when he asked "Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?". That question gets a YES or NO answer. Example: "Yes, I heard" or "No, I didn't hear". Jesus didn't give any.

The question that show he wanted to hear Jesus says his own side of the story is this "What has thou done?". Jesus gave him an answer. Only a dubious person will try to twist the questions.

When I say this sheer lack of reasoning on your part, you will still reply with another emotional outburst. What was Pilate's motive? to hear Jesus' side of the story.

Same thing that plays out in a typical interrogation scenario

Q. Did you hear what they testified against you?

A. Yes I did (if the person says no, the testifiers are called again to repeat themselves)

Q. What do you have to say about it? (Defend yourself)

A...

According to Matthew, Jesus never answered Pilate after the first question. According to John, Pilate and Jesus discussed quite well. More than one question was answered by Jesus according to John

Try harder abeg, this is just too glaring to dodge from
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by jcross19: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
newsynews:

@bold

When I saw comments from people calling you satanic, I thought they were just being extreme. But now I can see you are truly of the devil. Just so you could uphold the evil book of Jasher, you make a blasphemous claim that the Bible contains contradictions. So you mean God contradicts himself. This is the height of it all and it's satanic. The next thing you will start to do is point out so-called contradictions in the Bible just to say it is not only the book of Jasher that contains such. Just make sure it's only the King James you quote from. Devilish child.

Samuel and Joshua didn't make reference to the book of Jasher which you have today. The one they referenced was just a record book and not the inspired word of God.

The book of Jasher which you have today is a fraud and contradicts the Bible in so many ways. I just proved it to you, which you couldn't counter because you saw it yourself. Yet you still hold on to the claim that that is the same book Samiel and Joshua referenced?

Now, where did I claim the write-up was mine? Whether it is mine or not, one thing is certain: it exposes the falsehood of your satanic book of Jasher. Instead of you to accept, you are trying to draw attention away from it by saying I copied and pasted it here. What does it matter? The fact is that the write-up exposes your false book of Jasher, point blank.
bros. don't just say that am a Christian and I know my right from my left . Bible contains evil I mean crime against humanity if we should go deep in the bible so you mean God supported those massacre in the bible? slavery? raping in the name of holy war? so if that is the case then why are you opposing the boko haram people or herdsmen because they are the people carrying out god task but God forbid the God Jesus revealed to me in new testaments is the God I will like to serve period.

1 Like

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
More gymnastics needed by the 66 books crew to defend this contradiction below;

Proverbs 24 v 5-6;

4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 12:21am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

It's a fraud because those additional apocryphal books were written way after the Old testament. Even Jews disregard them and Christians too dont regard them as scripture.

Roman Catholic Bibles have 73 books rather than 66. This is because Roman Catholics have 7 additional books in their Old Testament: Tobit, Judith, 1-2 Maccabees, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, and Baruch. They also contain additional material that was added to the books of Daniel and Esther by later Greek interpreters. All of this together is what Catholics call "the Deuterocanonicals," and is more popularly known as the Apocrypha. Eastern Orthodox Bibles have even more Apocryphal books like 3 Maccabees, 2 Esdras, and the Prayer of Manasseh. The Ethiopian Orthodox utilize still others like Enoch and Jubilees. These are all ancient Jewish writings from well after the time of the Old Testament which the Jews never intented or accepted as Scripture but which some ancient Gentile Christians mistook for part of the Jewish Canon. While some of this material has historical and cultural value for researchers, the Apocrypha are not genuine, inspired Scripture and should not be included in the Bible. [See our articles on the Catholic Apocrypha

https://carm.org/how-many-books-are-there-in-the-bible

Church Fathers

Did the Church fathers recognize the Apocrypha as being Scripture? Roman Catholics strongly appeal to Church history, but we don't find a unanimous consensus on the Apocrypha. Jerome (340-420), who translated the Latin Vulgate which is used by the RC church, rejected the Apocrypha since he believed that the Jews recognized and established the proper canon of the Old Testament. Remember, the Christian Church built upon that recognition. Also, Josephus the famous Jewish historian of the First Century never mentioned the Apocrypha as being part of the canon either. In addition, "Early church fathers like Origen, Cyril of Jerusalem, Athanasius, and the great Roman Catholic translator Jerome spoke out against the Apocrypha." So, we should not conclude that the Church fathers unanimously affirmed the Apocrypha. They didn't.

https://carm.org/catholic/apocrypha-it-scripture

This guy just copies and paste. Next time, tell the whole truth about the Apocrypha. Same church fathers that still recommended the apocrypha to be read in churches. Athanasius which is one of the church fathers

Early church fathers such as Athanasius, Melito, Origen, and Cyril of Jerusalem, spoke against the canonicity of much or all of the apocrypha,[25] but the most weighty opposition was the fourth century Catholic scholar Jerome who preferred the Hebrew canon, whereas Augustine and others preferred the wider (Greek) canon,[32] with both having followers in the generations that followed. The Catholic Encyclopedia states as regards the Middle Ages,

"In the Latin Church, all through the Middle Ages [5th century to the 15th century] we find evidence of hesitation about the character of the deuterocanonicals. There is a current friendly to them, another one distinctly unfavourable to their authority and sacredness, while wavering between the two are a number of writers whose veneration for these books is tempered by some perplexity as to their exact standing, and among those we note St. Thomas Aquinas. Few are found to unequivocally acknowledge their canonicity." The prevailing attitude of Western medieval authors is substantially that of the Greek Fathers.[33]
The wider Christian canon accepted by Augustine became the more established canon in the western Church[34] after being promulgated for use in the Easter Letter of Athanasius (circa 372 A.D.), the Synod of Rome (382 A.D., but its Decretum Gelasianum is generally considered to be a much later addition[35] ) and the local councils of Carthage and Hippo in north Africa (391 and 393 A.D). Athanasius called canonical all books of the Hebrew Bible including Baruch, while excluding Esther. He adds that "there are certain books which the Fathers had appointed to be read to catechumens for edification and instruction; these are the Wisdom of Solomon, the Wisdom of Sirach (Ecclesiasticus), Esther, Judith, Tobias, the Didache, or Doctrine of the Apostles, and the Shepherd of Hermas. All others are apocrypha and the inventions of heretics (Festal Epistle for 367)".[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha

Pay attention to the part bolded in red...

This even shows the church fathers were not in agreement as to what is scriptures or not! I'm eager, please tell us Athanasius is a deceiver too? grin grin grin
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2019
jcross19:
those books you mentioned are in catholic good news bible , go to book shop request good news Catholic version you will find them there because the Catholic synod have canonized them!

He will tell you the book of Tobit condones magic.

But yet, wiping of blood on door posts to avert death, or Jesus mixing spit with clay to heal a blind man is not magic grin...since it is part of the 66 books, they are miracles grin
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by jcross19: 12:27am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

He will tell you the book of Tobit condones magic.

But yet, wiping of blood on door posts to avert death, or Jesus mixing spit with clay to heal a blind man is not magic grin...since it is part of the 66 books, they are miracles grin
we Christians are afraid to condemn the evil act in the bible thinking all of them were inspired by God but that's not true if truly the love of Christ is in us there are many things in the bible need to be condemned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

The Talmud was highly regarded among the ancient Jews as scriptures. I really can't believe you are not aware of this. The Talmud is the basis for all codes of Jewish law. Search this and prove me wrong if the Talmud is otherwise.

Please tell us how the Talmud was not regarded as scriptures among the Jews undecided

It is true that the Talmud is highly regarded by the Jews. I think second to the Bible, but there is a difference between it and the scriptures. Talmud technically came on board after the first century. It's about the second or third century CE.

See this quote from Jewish Encyclopedia, under Talmud:

Ḥanina ben Pappa, an amora of the early part of the fourth century, in characterizing these four branches says: "The countenance should be serious and earnest in teaching the Scriptures, mild and calm for the Mishnah, bright and lively for the Talmud, and merry and smiling for the Haggadah" (Pesiḳ. 110a; Pes. R. 101b; Tan., Yitro, ed. Buber, p. 17; Massek. Soferim, xvi. 2).

There has always been a difference between the Mikra and other works revered by the Jews in ancient time.

2 Likes

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

I am happy to announce to you that since you are in agreement with newsynews, you just admitted there are errors in the bible.

Take a look at one of the links newsynews replied me with;

https://carm.org/bible-difficulties/joshua-esther/how-old-was-jehoiachin-when-he-became-king

Remind me again, there are no errors in the Bible right?
He said probably which means not sure.

why did you edit out the other answers he also posted?

Here is the answer to your so called contradiction,

How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign and how long did he reign?

2 Kings 24:8 says he was 18 and reigned for 3 months.

But.. .
2 Chron.36:9 says he was 8 and ruled for 3 months 10 days.

Answer: This is not as SIMPLE as you makes it out to be and definitely not a mistake.

In the Bible’s History Books of Kings and Chronicles, a king can be said to “begin to reign” at a few different ages in his life, especially when there are complications involved with his reign.
There are more than a few examples of this.

1. For example, King David was anointed king in 1Samuel 16:13 but fled from the already reigning king Saul (there were now two kings at this stage) for many years until he became the undisputed king when Saul died.

When David did become undisputed king, he was anointed again in 2Samuel 2:4 (at a different age) and anointed yet again in 2Samuel 5:3. All this goes to show that David became king long before he started to “REIGN”. In other words, David “began to reign” at THREE different times in his life.

2. See also 1Kings 16:15-23 where King Omri “began to reign” at two different times in his life, because of complications.
Jehoiachin (the son) is said to have begun to reign at two different times: first as co-ruler and rightful heir when a child aged 8, and then as undisputed king as an adult aged 18. This is made clear when you examine the context of both 2Kings 24 and 2Chronicles 36.

2Chronicles 36:5-9 describes how Jehoiakim (Jehoiachin’s father) was bound in fetters to be taken to Babylon and then records that his son Jehoiachin was “8” when he began to reign (Jehoiakim didn’t die yet). So, Jehoiachin becomes officially king at the age of 8 because his father was carried to Babylon, and this is obviously the situation the author of Chronicles (without mentioning the death of Jehoiakim) is speaking of. There were two living kings therefore at this stage (both the father, Jehoiakim, and Jehoiachin, the 8 year old son) but one was in Babylon and one (the 8 year old) was in Israel.

There is a difference in the way 2Kings 24 tells the story. It specifically mentions that Jehoiakim slept with his fathers (died) and THEN Jehoiachin his son reigned in his stead starting at age “18”.

So, It seems that 2Chronicles focuses on when Jehoiachin became replacement king at age 8, while 2Kings is to mention when Jehoiakim became undisputed king (after the death of his father king Jehoiakim).

Jehoiachin (like Omri and Jotham) therefore began to reign at two different times: 2Chronicles recording when he took his father’s place as ruler after his father was carried away to Babylon alive, and 2Kings is speaking about when Jehoiachin became undisputed king after his father’s death ten years later.

It is probable that Jehoiachin’s mother (Jehoiakim’s wife) ruled for him for the ten years before Jehoiachin reached the age of adulthood (18 years old). Notice 2Kings 24:15 where she is taken away along with the rulers of the kingdom and Jeremiah 13:18-19 where she is called “queen”.

Regarding the 3 months versus 3 months and 10 days contradiction, 2Kings is being less specific than 2Chronicles. In other words, 3 months and 10 days is still only 3 MONTHS (it’s not 4 months or 5 months), just like 3 minutes and 10 seconds is still only 3 MINUTES.

When did Nebuzaradan come to Jerusalem?
2 Kings 25:8 says the 7th day of the fifth month.
But.. .
Jer.52:12 says the 10th day of the fifth month.
Bible-Believer: 2Kings 25:8 says “in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, …… came Nebuzar-adan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon, UNTO Jerusalem.”
Jeremiah 52:12 says “in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month, …… came Nebuzar-adan, captain of the guard, which served the king of Babylon, INTO Jerusalem.”
INTO and UNTO have different meanings, UNTO means towards or to. For example when Isa 45:22 says “Look UNTO me, and be ye saved”, it isn’t saying “look INTO me”.

Nebuzaradan came TO the city of Jerusalem on the seventh, and he and his armies actually went INTO (invaded) the city of Jerusalem on the tenth. The author of Kings records the date of arrival of Nebuzaradan to Jerusalem’s walls, Jeremiah records the date of his army’s invasion of Jerusalem.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

Jude v 14-15;
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Enoch 1 v 9;
And behold, he comes with myriads of the holy to pass judgment upon them, and will destroy the impious, ans will call to account all flesh for everything the sinners and the impious have done and committed against him
Did James tell you he quoted a book?
How did you know it was enoch that wrote the book you quoted?

Thesame book that 2 Samuel and Joshua clearly made reference to? Nice to hear the "perfect" Bible copied from a book that is "trash" cheesy
the original book of jasher wasny even considered as scripture talkless of this fake book you called book of jasher that has been bursted to be only a recent book.
Is that all you have?

I laugh at your ignorance,
when was the talmud written? let start from there.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 07, 2019
DissTroy:

What test of being scriptural? You mean the books removed by a pagan Roman Emperor and trimmed down to just six? You ask a bricklayer to run serological examination in a lab and you expect the results to be true?
Read about the cannonization of scripture.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Now, when is all of these junk you posted written or supported by the Bible?

Look, any book can pop out from nowhere and claim to be the word of God, but that doesn't make it so. The Quran claims to be the word of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But when it got tested by Christians against the Bible, but was found wanting in totality, same as all these other scam books Satanists are trying to smuggle into the Bible. They couldn't pass the test of the furnace.

Psalm 12:6
6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times

You claim all of God's word are somewhere else which you nor anybody can find now. That means jots of it have passed away even when Jesus said none will pass away?

Mathew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Are you also a Satanist mocking God? grin
It's only a shallow minded person that will think those that didn’t agree with him are Satanist. Moreover you have a problem of comprehension. One jot of His world shall not pass without fulfillment, what does that mean? it means all His word shall be fulfilled and come to pass!! Not all His words shall be compiled into 66books called the Bible. Even before the creation of this our present world and time, there has been an existence and they were all brought out by the Word, do you have them in the scripture? The ordinances and movement of our solar system, the stars, sun, the oceans, seas and other constellation bodies are being guided by The Word, do you have them in the Bible? Jesus had twelve disciples apart from judas all of them are in right standing with God, and they all encountered God and have word from Him, but was it all of them that recounted their fellowship with God and have it placed in the Bible? Jesus did more miracles on earth but was it all of them written in the Bible? The event at the mount of transfiguration, didn't Jesus told them not to record it or tell anyone until after He has departed! The Bible is basic knowledge and guiding principles of God to men. We all have personal revelational knowledge of Him by His Spirit which definitely is supported by the basic knowledge the Bible but why then can't we gather all of it and add it to the Bible, No, it won't work that way because others might be indifferent about your input and that's why selected few encounters where brought together to serve as the basic for all humanity in times before, now and in times to come. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing and the honor of Kings to search it out!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:14am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

This guy just copies and paste. Next time, tell the whole truth about the Apocrypha. Same church fathers that still recommended the apocrypha to be read in churches. Athanasius which is one of the church fathers

Early church fathers such as Athanasius, Melito, Origen, and Cyril of Jerusalem, spoke against the canonicity of much or all of the apocrypha,[25] but the most weighty opposition was the fourth century Catholic scholar Jerome who preferred the Hebrew canon, whereas Augustine and others preferred the wider (Greek) canon,[32] with both having followers in the generations that followed. The Catholic Encyclopedia states as regards the Middle Ages,

"In the Latin Church, all through the Middle Ages [5th century to the 15th century] we find evidence of hesitation about the character of the deuterocanonicals. There is a current friendly to them, another one distinctly unfavourable to their authority and sacredness, while wavering between the two are a number of writers whose veneration for these books is tempered by some perplexity as to their exact standing, and among those we note St. Thomas Aquinas. Few are found to unequivocally acknowledge their canonicity." The prevailing attitude of Western medieval authors is substantially that of the Greek Fathers.[33]
The wider Christian canon accepted by Augustine became the more established canon in the western Church[34] after being promulgated for use in the Easter Letter of Athanasius (circa 372 A.D.), the Synod of Rome (382 A.D., but its Decretum Gelasianum is generally considered to be a much later addition[35] ) and the local councils of Carthage and Hippo in north Africa (391 and 393 A.D). Athanasius called canonical all books of the Hebrew Bible including Baruch, while excluding Esther. He adds that "there are certain books which the Fathers had appointed to be read to catechumens for edification and instruction; these are the Wisdom of Solomon, the Wisdom of Sirach (Ecclesiasticus), Esther, Judith, Tobias, the Didache, or Doctrine of the Apostles, and the Shepherd of Hermas. All others are apocrypha and the inventions of heretics (Festal Epistle for 367)".[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha

Pay attention to the part bolded in red...

This even shows the church fathers were not in agreement as to what is scriptures or not! I'm eager, please tell us Athanasius is a deceiver too? grin grin grin

Your post even buttresses my point. The church fathers looked on those apocryphal books with skepticism, that's why they didn't view it as scriptures. Only Athanasius did, who would lose in a vote. Nowhere did any of the church fathers look with skepticism at a y of the 66 books today.

The skpeticism made them speak against the apocryphal, yet you want is to trust those books which I even just showed you how much of lies they contain?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

When I say this sheer lack of reasoning on your part, you will still reply with another emotional outburst. What was Pilate's motive? to hear Jesus' side of the story.

Same thing that plays out in a typical interrogation scenario

Q. Did you hear what they testified against you?

A. Yes I did (if the person says no, the testifiers are called again to repeat themselves)

Q. What do you have to say about it? (Defend yourself)

A...

According to Matthew, Jesus never answered Pilate after the first question. According to John, Pilate and Jesus discussed quite well. More than one question was answered by Jesus according to John

Try harder abeg, this is just too glaring to dodge from

@bold

Look at your stupid addition all just to cling to straws grin
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2019
jcross19:

Sorry, the Catholic Church is not a Christian Church. It is a satanic church positioned to lead people astray. No wonder they use apocryphal books and also now down to statues.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:21am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

John 21 v 25:
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

But but, the words of God is in only 66 books...jokers cheesy

The joke is on you. God jas chosen to put his word in just 66 books because if all his word were to be written down, the world won't contain the books. Yet you say the 66 books aren't enough to contain God's word despite him saying he has placed a limit to the writing. You believe there are other books. For you to even say the Ethiopian Bible is the most complete book means it os not even complete and that there are other books lost out there, which goes against God's word that he will present his word.

Oya recycle
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Salvation by works:

Okcornel, don't play ostrich to this

grin
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 9:31am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Sorry, the Catholic Church is not a Christian Church. It is a satanic church positioned to lead people astray. No wonder they use apocryphal books and also now down to statues.

And the tithe seeking, 66 books believing pentecostal churches with various conflicting doctrines are the "heavenly churches" leading people to Christ cheesy

The Church as a whole does not even have an agreed number books to call the Bible;

Orthodox Church in America - 80 books
Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church - 81 books
Catholic Bible - over 70 books

According to you, these churches must have their believers hell bound since it's not 66 books they regard as God's word abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Bible
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 9:39am On Aug 07, 2019
Seated:
Did James tell you he quoted a book?
How did you know it was enoch that wrote the book you quoted?

the original book of jasher wasny even considered as scripture talkless of this fake book you called book of jasher that has been bursted to be only a recent book.
Is that all you have?

I laugh at your ignorance,
when was the talmud written? let start from there.

I laugh at your ignorance. This one thinks it is at the point when something is written, that is when it becomes a truth that exists. Truth exists first in an unwritten form (spoken words, symbols, pictures, signs e.t.c.) before it becomes documented.

For your information, the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) were written long after Jesus had ascended into heaven. The dates they were written changes nothing about the truth in them.

Now coming over to the Talmud, compiled from 200 CE to 500 CE. The contents of the Talmud included the ORAL TORAH (God's word handed down in oral form from generations to generations among the Jews) and the GEMARA.

Educate yourself;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

Jude v 14-15;

Enoch 1 v 9;

The same book that 2 Samuel and Joshua clearly made reference to? Nice to hear the "perfect" Bible copied from a book that is "trash" cheesy

Jude didn't quote from the Book of Enoch. He simply quoted Enoch. Look at the verse again, where does it say he quoted a book? NOWHERE. He only quoted Enoch directly. How did he do that? Let's see:

Enoch’s original message was from God. It is entirely possible that the prophet Enoch may have been quoted directly by Jude, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit—since the prophecy is not contained in the Old Testament. The same Holy Spirit that gave Enoch that message told Jude what he gave Enoch. Jude didn't look into any book to know it.

This is not something that has never been done in the Bible. Apostle Paul once quoted the Lord Jesus, though the quotation he employed is nowhere recorded in the Gospel narratives

Acts 20:35 (KJV)
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

The bold cannot be found anywhere else in the Bible showing Jesus saying such. This means Paul quoted Jesus directly as the message came from him. The Holy Spirit revealed to Paul one of those words said by Jesus which was not recorded (ecall that not everything done by Jesus was recorded). That's the same thing Jude did; he quoted the message God passed down to Enoch. Clearly, Enoch's message came from God, Jude got the exact quote from God who gave it to Enoch. Nowhere is it written that Jude quoted a so-called book of Enoch. Rather, Jude simply stated what the Holy Spirit gave to him which was exactly what Enoch said.

You got busted. Newsynews already told you this, but the recycler that you are brought it back again. tongue
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

The joke is on you. God jas chosen to put his word in just 66 books because if all his word were to be written down, the world won't contain the books. Yet you say the 66 books aren't enough to contain God's word despite him saying he has placed a limit to the writing. You believe there are other books. For you to even say the Ethiopian Bible is the most complete book means it os not even complete and that there are other books lost out there, which goes against God's word that he will present his word.

Oya recycle

God put his word in only 66 books cheesy Yeah right, the Ethiopian Orthodox church, Orthodox Church in America and Catholic church among other churches laugh at your ignorance... They must be hell bound churches since they believe in more than 66 books as the word of God.

And the many other books the Bible copied from and made references to are merely fairy tales and imaginations of men cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 9:51am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Your post even buttresses my point. The church fathers looked on those apocryphal books with skepticism, that's why they didn't view it as scriptures. Only Athanasius did, who would lose in a vote. Nowhere did any of the church fathers look with skepticism at a y of the 66 books today.

The skpeticism made them speak against the apocryphal, yet you want is to trust those books which I even just showed you how much of lies they contain?

Please bring details of who won in the votes and who lost in the votes. I would like to know more about when this voting held, and where Athanasius an early church father amongst other losers were included.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

Jude didn't quote from the Book of Enoch. He simply quoted Enoch. Look at the verse again, where does it say he quoted a book? NOWHERE. He only quoted Enoch directly. How did he do that? Let's see:

Enoch’s original message was from God. It is entirely possible that the prophet Enoch may have been quoted directly by Jude, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit—since the prophecy is not contained in the Old Testament. The same Holy Spirit that gave Enoch that message told Jude what he gave Enoch. Jude didn't look into any book to know it.

This is not something that has never been done in the Bible. Apostle Paul once quoted the Lord Jesus, though the quotation he employed is nowhere recorded in the Gospel narratives

Acts 20:35 (KJV)
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

The bold cannot be found anywhere else in the Bible showing Jesus saying such. This means Paul quoted Jesus directly as the message came from him. The Holy Spirit revealed to Paul one of those words said by Jesus which was not recorded (ecall that not everything done by Jesus was recorded). That's the same thing Jude did; he quoted the message God passed down to Enoch. Clearly, Enoch's message came from God, Jude got the exact quote from God who gave it to Enoch. Nowhere is it written that Jude quoted a so-called book of Enoch. Rather, Jude simply stated what the Holy Spirit gave to him which was exactly what Enoch said.

You got busted. Newsynews already told you this, but the recycler that you are brought it back again. tongue

Educate yourself. I'm just loving this cheesy

So if Enoch did not have a book and his words were not documented, how did Jude eventually know Enoch said those things he wrote in his Epistle?

Abi Jude just made up those words and attributed them to Enoch abi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-canonical_books_referenced_in_the_Bible

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 9:57am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

I laugh at your ignorance. This one thinks it is at the point when something is written, that is when it becomes a truth that exists. Truth exists first in an unwritten form (spoken words, symbols, pictures, signs e.t.c.) before it becomes documented.

For your information, the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) were written long after Jesus had ascended into heaven. The dates they were written changes nothing about the truth in them.

Now coming over to the Talmud, compiled from 200 CE to 500 CE. The contents of the Talmud included the ORAL TORAH (God's word handed down in oral form from generations to generations among the Jews) and the GEMARA.

Educate yourself;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud

The Jewish Talmud which was written almost 500years after Jesus Christ can never be the word of God nor inspired scriptures. Even Apostle Paul who existed at the time of the disciple of Jesus and wrote some of the New Testament books warned us of such books to come which he said we should stay away from. He called them Jewish fables.

Titus 1:14 (KJV)
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

The Talmud is a collection of fables not inspired by God. Let's put it to the test. Below is a passage from the Talmud saying Jesus is the product of Mary having sex with a Roman soldier named Pantera. The book clearly denies the Virgin Birth and and also gives Jesus an earthly father.

It is taught that Rabbi Eliezer said to the Wise, "Did not Ben Stada bring spells from Egypt in a cut in his flesh?" They said to him, "He was a fool, and they do not bring evidence from a fool." Ben Stada is Ben Pantera. Rabbi Hisda said, "The husband was Stada, the lover was Pantera." The husband was "actually" Pappos ben Judah, the mother was Stada. The mother was Miriam "Mary" the dresser of women's hair. As we say in Pumbeditha, "She has been false to "satath da" her husband." (b. Shabbat 104b)

Yet you believe the Talmud is God's word after the Bible clearly stated that the same Jews rejected God's Word named Jesus.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by OkCornel(m): 10:01am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

The Jewish Talmud which was written almost 500years after Jesus Christ can never be the word of God nor inspired scriptures. Even Apostle Paul who existed at the time of the disciple of Jesus and wrote some of the New Testament books warned us of such books to come which he said we should stay away from. He called them Jewish fables.

Titus 1:14 (KJV)
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

The Talmud is a collection of fables not inspired by God. Let's put it to the test. Below is a passage from the Talmud saying Jesus is the product of Mary having sex with a Roman soldier named Pantera. The book clearly denies the Virgin Birth and and also gives Jesus an earthly father.

It is taught that Rabbi Eliezer said to the Wise, "Did not Ben Stada bring spells from Egypt in a cut in his flesh?" They said to him, "He was a fool, and they do not bring evidence from a fool." Ben Stada is Ben Pantera. Rabbi Hisda said, "The husband was Stada, the lover was Pantera." The husband was "actually" Pappos ben Judah, the mother was Stada. The mother was Miriam "Mary" the dresser of women's hair. As we say in Pumbeditha, "She has been false to "satath da" her husband." (b. Shabbat 104b)

Yet you believe the Talmud is God's word after the Bible clearly stated that the same Jews rejected God's Word named Jesus.

Clearly a case of false accusation, just like how false accusations were made by the Pharisees against Jesus in the Bible. But are the false accusations of the Pharisees in the Bible also the word of God? No!

This is how you separate truth from lies. Lest, you also end believing the Pharisees were right to accuse Jesus falsely...
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 07, 2019
Tosinex:
It's only a shallow minded person that will think those that didn’t agree with him are Satanist. Moreover you have a problem of comprehension. One jot of His world shall not pass without fulfillment, what does that mean? it means all His word shall be fulfilled and come to pass!! Not all His words shall be compiled into 66books called the Bible.
It shows you are ignorant of the word of God.
Look at the rubbish you post.
when Jesus said the law must be fulfilled he clearly meant the torah which is clearly part of the bible.

you dont know the bible,

Matthew 5:18

satan deceived eve when she added to God's word he has changed a bit.

Even before the creation of this our present world and time, there has been an existence and they were all brought out by the Word, do you have them in the scripture? The ordinances and movement of our solar system, the stars, sun, the oceans, seas and other constellation bodies are being guided by The Word, do you have them in the Bible? Jesus had twelve disciples apart from judas all of them are in right standing with God, and they all encountered God and have word from Him, but was it all of them that recounted their fellowship with God and have it placed in the Bible? Jesus did more miracles on earth but was it all of them written in the Bible? The event at the mount of transfiguration, didn't Jesus told them not to record it or tell anyone until after He has departed! The Bible is basic knowledge and guiding principles of God to men. We all have personal revelational knowledge of Him by His Spirit which definitely is supported by the basic knowledge the Bible but why then can't we gather all of it and add it to the Bible, No, it won't work that way because others might be indifferent about your input and that's why selected few encounters where brought together to serve as the basic for all humanity in times before, now and in times to come. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing and the honor of Kings to search it out!!
Jesus is greater than the stars , moon and every constellation, knowledge or anything that has been or can be but yet his whole life was depended on the bible.

Jesus is the measure of whatever believers are.

how did Jesus defeated the devil? by the scripture.
Jesus showed by his life that the bible is enough

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The bible was never an opinion or a personal revelation but men and women of God but God himself inspired it. God doesnt need to put everything but only those things he knew where neccesary to know him and bring perfection.
going outside the bible is like a child who thinks he knows more than his father.
same thing Adam and eve did, they wanted more than just obeying the word of God and then the serpent shows up and presented an alternative.

those who claim the bible is not complete are satanist because they accuse God of not providing a complete bible.

spirituality without theology is satanism. you claim you have any spiritual revelation fine, it has to go through the bible to acertain if it is true.

that is what the men of berean did

Acts 17:11
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

what do we have this days foolish people who just accept anything without checking it out to see if it is true.
Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by LifestyleTonite: 10:27am On Aug 07, 2019
OkCornel:

Clearly a case of false accusation, just like how false accusations were made by the Pharisees against Jesus in the Bible. But are the false accusations of the Pharisees in the Bible also the word of God? No!

This is how you separate truth from lies. Lest, you also end believing the Pharisees were right to accuse Jesus falsely...

Keep quiet. You have been busted. It is flooded all over Google that the meaning of that passage is that Jesus was fathered by Pantera. Other books of the Talmud say the same thing.

http://www.talmudunmasked.com/chapter5.htm

Google for "jesus was fathered by pantera"

1 Like

Re: The 66 Books Of The Bible Is The Conplete Inerant Word Of God To Mankind. by jcross19: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
LifestyleTonite:

are you sure? then we are doom! King James was a masonry who helped translated bible from Latin to English what do you think having a masonry translating bible for us? now Catholic you called satanic they were the one that compiled all the scriptures to be in one piece as bible now look how satanist have compiled our bible today , what damage do you think they would have done to it? Catholic spread gospel round the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Can One Buy Church Pulpit In Lagos? / Why You Must Get Into The Ark Before "Soon" Becomes "Too Late" / Can One Go To Heaven With Tatoo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.