Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (52558 Views)

#HarassBuhariOutOfLondon: Reno Omokri Continues With Protest (Video, Photos) / Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by Damod88: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2019
wowcatty:
This is not really about Buhari, the unitary system is the problem, Abuja breeds corruption. Even the best brains can't fix Nigeria, we need to go back to regional system of govt. I don't know why this is missing in their demands. I really hope no Yoruba dies to force Nigeria together. The demand is just not strong enough, all Nigeria needs is total devolution of power to the regions.

And you think restructuring will solve any problems. I respect your opinion, but the solution to Nigerian problem is not restructuring. We are just too backward a people to work out any system. During the military era, people were saying that democracy would solve all Nigerian problems,after almost twenty years of democracy, has any problem been solved? Our problem is that we are too backward and I don't think we have the necessary mental ability to create a wealthy modern society. Take a look at Gabon, a country of 2.5 Million people and one of the leading exporters of petroleum in Africa still struggling with poverty. You should also take a look at Equatorial Guinea, a country of one million people and the 5th largest exporter of oil in Africa still finding it difficult to provide basic facilities for its citizens. Take a look at all sub-sahara African countries, you are going to see the same level of poverty. It seems something is wrong with black people.

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by Chrisenwa: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2019
Lol, JOKERS. Hope he's paying them well sha
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by Makschinchin: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
jojothegreat:
After helping Buhari divide votes in the election,now you want revolution Lmao x10 grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even supporters of APC be shouting Revolution!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by isnovic(m): 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2019
[b]Kiss thine wife goodbye
And bade thine children farewell
Say thine final goodbyes to thy kith and kins.

Let it be shouted on the mountain tops
In all homes and whispered aloud in gatherings that out of the land far south came western courage.
Of struggles birthed in civil disobedience
Let it be known when the row calls of men of valor that thine fathers name be honoured

Let it be known to all generation that evil prevail because good men decide to keep quiet and do nothing.
That it be known that courage was birthed in the south and fathered in the East, nursed by the South South and midwifed by the NorthWest.

Let the world all over celebrate Doctors of good conscience of the North who worked all night to avoid a stillbirth be mentioned.

Let it be known that here! Nigeria.
this day was our last stand against tyranny.
Against impunity over the laws of the land and the court
Against bloodletting
Against suffering and smiling
Against strangers in our land spilling the blood of our brothers and sisters.
Against elitism
Against all political godfatherism.
Against joblessness of our fathers, mothers, of our boys and our girls.
Tell them: the youths are not lazy and we are not cowards!!!
Against election manipulation and subversion of the will of the people.
Against the redacted promises
Against being the dreg of the world
Against being less human than others because we carry the green passport.
Against all these we stand.
All men for the soldier standing next to him: a call too strong to deny.

May the 5th of August be with you!!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by MetaPhysical: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
I have issues with some of the demands. I think demanding everybody to use public school or hospital is unreasonable. We practice democracy. Capitalism (open market) is a core principle of democracy. So there will be choices in the market, driven by price and quality differentiation.

Democracy and capitalism are American ideals and demands that threaten their continuity unsettles the Americans and make them edgy. They might think Sowore will succeed in kicking this government out and bring in ideals that contradict their value system. Naturally they would not offer assistance to the revolutionary cause.

There is a lot more i want to say on this article and the revolution movement itself but have to cut it short, the antispam bot has been banning me frequently lately and i need to avoid that.
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by chimaobinelson(m): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2019
We know Sowore's antecedents before now, He is a born Visionary activist , a man that seek to stand by the people unlike you a born card carrying propagandist who derive great pleasure to sit and watch people suffer .
What its still unclear to me, is how much you are paid this time to come up with such brief gimmick .
If the Young Sowore had not tried out his hand on the presidential tuzzel , you and your paymasters will toll the overused line of : " Go pick presidential form and effect the change.

Bow your head in shame

Mrshocker:
Sowore shouldn’t have run for presidency if he truly want to fight for Revolution as an activist and not Power hungry strategist After loosing presidential election. Went to seek the supports of the aggrieved Kanu and Shiite, probably some support from Atiku to form mega protest against the government. #whyNOW that you loose an election and very unwise of him to use his Political Party logo “AAC”........ #ignoreoppositionprotest

We truly need a revolution but politicians can’t lead the protests because of there political interest. NO NO NO
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by MetaPhysical: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2019
isnovic:
Kiss thine wife goodbye
And bade thine children farewell
Say thine final goodbyes to thy kith and kins.

Let it be shouted on the mountain tops
In all homes and whispered aloud in gatherings that out of the land far south came western courage.
Of struggles birthed in civil disobedience
Let it be known when the row calls of men of valor that thine fathers name be honoured

Let it be known to all generation that evil prevail because good men decide to keep quiet and do nothing.
That it be known that courage was birthed in the south and fathered in the East and nursed by the South South and midwifed by the NorthWest.
Let the Doctors of good conscience of the North who worked all night to avoid a stillbirth be mentioned.

Let it be known that here! Nigeria.
this day was our last stand against tyranny.
Against impunity over the laws of the land and the court
Against bloodletting
Against suffering and smiling
Against strangers in our land spilling the blood of our brothers and sisters.
Against elitism
Against all political godfatherism.
Against joblessness of our fathers, mothers, of our boys and our girls.
Tell them: the youths are not lazy and we are not cowards!!!
Against election manipulation and subversion of the will of the people.
Against the redacted promises
Against being the dreg of the world
Against being less human than others because we carry the green passport.
Against all these we stand.
All men for the soldier standing next to him: a call too strong to deny.

May the 5th of August be with you!!!

I love it!
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by isnovic(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I love it!

Thanks...just inspired.
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by Rolly22(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
I'm following.

Problem with many of these so-called activists is that they usually have hidden agenda. By the time their followers discover it's usually too late.

I remember how student Union used to mobilize students against the school authority. Only to hear later that they held a closed door meeting later and case has been solved. After his graduation the DSA will be the ones to get him job. The DSA that they told us are devils.

So whether you're with PMB or #revolutionnow ensure that you proceed with caution.

*edit*
After reading through the requirements I can say that these people are unrealistic and hypocritic.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by wowcatty: 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
Just ask yourself, why are people afraid of going back to the regional system of govt that has worked in United kingdom that created Nigeria and many other countries, even within Nigeria in the past? Why can't we embrace our differences and uniqueness, so we can respect our diversity and hold every leader to account since they will no longer have abuja to hide under? It's because we know it will work and keep the leaders honest and accountable but Nigeria repels greatness. Think about it, what are we afraid of? Is it economic reason? Tell me what you will do with a child you have raised for 59 years who still wants to live with you and have you feed, cloth and bath him/her daily, with no intention of doing anything to help him/herself?
Damod88:

And you think restructuring will solve any problems. I respect your opinion, but the solution to Nigerian problem is not restructuring. We are just too backward a people to work out any system. During the military era, people were saying that democracy would solve all Nigerian problems,after almost twenty years of democracy, has any problem been solved? Our problem is that we are too backward and I don't think we have the necessary mental ability to create a wealthy modern society. Take a look at Gabon, a country of 2.5 Million people and one of the leading exporters of petroleum in Africa still struggling with poverty. You should also take a look at Equatorial Guinea, a country of one million people and the 5th largest exporter of oil in Africa still finding it difficult to provide basic facilities for its citizens. Take a look at all sub-sahara African countries, you are going to see the same level of poverty. It seems something is wrong with black people.
Re: RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest by josite: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
all im just thinking is .cant the vp a professor of law put his law and his pulpit to help the country navigate out of all these?.

eloquence should not be all that the prof vp should be noted for .

this is my view.we must more and more ungoverned spaces are emerging here and there all over nigeria and i sincerely believe we must all join hands to stem the evil tide.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

J. J. Omojuwa Conducted Online Poll Without Having Peter-obi As An Option / Peter Obi's Response To Soludo's Attack At Lagos Business School (Video) / Dangote Says His Ex-Girlfriend Tried To Extort $5 Million From Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.