Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. (15994 Views)

I Lost My Huawei Y9 Prime In Tricycle This Afternoon / XIAOMI Fan Boys On Nairaland May Have Entered 'one Chance' / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by GodCovenant(m): 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
I stop and board a bus that had only two at the front, the driver and one other guy and the whole back seat empty. the driver told me to join them at the front as he open the door. I joined them at the front and few minutes later while we were moving the driver told me to lock the door properly and I keep telling him the door is lock and okay like that.

you know those old bus with no door handle and one need to draw a connecting slim rod in the old shattered and scrap door before it can open and only the driver knows how to do that.

he did it and it open and told me to jam it with force which I did while the vehicle was still in motion. the next thing I heard was a loud shouting from the guy that sat with me. his fingers are lock at the upper side of the door. he was shouting my hand my hand. the driver was shouting too you have lock his hand open the door open the door. the vehicle was still in motion. I was confuse at the moment as there were adrenaline rush, I was strongly with the door which has no handle both the inside and outside of the door, i put my hand outside for the door handle no way. inside no way. I tried to open the door by the slim rod no way. then I start telling the driver stop the car and come it himself.

then the guy later pull his hand out from it. as i thought maybe his fingers have finally cut off. but to my amazements the fingers where still intact not even a sign of trauma but he was just holding it tightly like something serious really happened. what a relief for me as I keep on telling him sorry as I didn't know his hand was there when I jam the door. but I examine the place were he put his hand and there was a slack space up there as the door have lost those tight sealed. its loose at the top side when it was locked which would not have promoted the guy to be shouting like that. well I just wave it off.

then the next thing the driver said VIRO is out now. he can't go again. that we should come down and find another bus and as I came down from the bus I was expecting the other guy to come down too but he shot the door and they zoom off. that was when it came to me it was all a set up. I quickly check for my pocket only the small torchlight phone was left the big one was gone. it was selectively picked.

I was just looking at them as they driving away. there was no means to chase them. no keke for charter to go after them.

my wallet was at the other side of my pocket that is the door side. they would have collect it too.

this happened at airport flyover bridge Enugu.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by SLAP44: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
In Lagos, street urchins survive on phone snatching till they marry and give birth to small little phone snatchers. grin

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by overdrive(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
This isn't one chance, more like pickpockets, sorry for your loss

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
In Lagos, street urchins survive on phone snatching till they marry and give birth to small little phone snatchers. grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by money121(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sorry
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Teewhy2: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
so no be only in lagos all these things happen.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
B

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by PotatoSalad(m): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
Same similar experience. Same format. Same spot.
Bros I bet my balls it's the same people

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Omotaday(m): 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
Must be one chance herdsmen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by EkunKekere: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2019
I've been hearing a lot about how phones can be tracked using IMEI. Has OP considered this option?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Sellfish(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
It is well

Pls buy my perfectly working lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon laptop... Check my profile for details... Price crashed to 70k...money needed urgently

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
grin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by visijo(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
A date is a meeting between two people who would wish to know more about each other but not an opportunity to order food you never ate in your life my sister.... �����

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Maxcollins042(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
Under the present deadbeat governor the security Enugu once enjoyed is quickly eroding.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
.lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Flier: 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
It was just phone and I am sure you will get a better one
Just thank God you were not kidnapped

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by EkunKekere: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Your moniker fit you die.

NaijaOlosho:
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
So sorry for ur lost and bitter experience, thatz their motive first they will create a commotion to get lost and confused but most times i wonder why ppl will prefer to rub ppl of their hard earned belongings just to feel smart as they claimed if u manage to caught in the act bring tire to set them ablaze they will be shouting satan oooooo biko satan dey em own na u find trouble..

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by sirfemoz(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hmm.. so sad. Not one chance, bro. It's more like local pickpocket. Those ones are still doing industrial attachment. I hope they repent very soon. Sorry for the loss, bigger things awaits you. The phone is like a sacrifice for something big.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Tekzyflex(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
When you hear my hand my hand just know it is those crooks.
My guy lost 50k in to these guys. Just the pattern they used in robbing you. God will punish them.

10 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Ekugbeh(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lol

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by mixta140: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
Pele

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by nurex01(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
Thank God for your life. Sorry for your loss and thanks for the lessons you've thought us. Come and buy Chargers

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
Where did he mention.Lagos in that post? Haba, Oponu ni ooo

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Macgyver1: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sorry bro, you learned the hard way. They used one of the oldest tricks jn the book for you.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by deltateam: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
embarassed They thrive on confusion to strike. It happened to me one time. A lady was saying she was uncomfortable. I was adjusting until my power bank fell off without notice.

I couldn't believe females also do it.

Op sorry God will replace all. Thank God you weren't physically harmed. You need to welcome back your sim card immediately.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Puregold3(f): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
I swear, just exactly the way you narrated it..
It happened to my close friend too buh he's quickly checked his pocket before alighting.
He just saw his phone on the seat..

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by yorke1: 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
They have tried this same trick with me in Lagos but in my case, it wasn't a one chance action.
I boarded a bus from Ikeja along to Oshodi on my way back from church one sunny Sunday Morning.
There were passengers inside the Danfo bus....these were normal passengers but the conductor, driver and one guy sitting in the front were the actors.

Oshodi! Oshodi!! Oshodi!!! yelled Owa oo!!! The conductor quickly opened the front door for me to come in meanwhile there were seat i could have sat apart from the front seat. Oya for the door to lock na problem and the danfo was in motion. I was distracted already. I did not know how they did it. The driver was yelling "lock it push it, jam it"" I got tired trying to lock the door and told the driver to come down and lock it while the bastard in the front seat with the driver was busy trying to remove my phone in my pocket. That Lagos slogan that says "Shine your eyes" was ringing in my head coupled with little street smartness i have made me notice the way the guy used his bag to cover his hand trying to put his hand in my pocket. I gave the guy trying to remove my phone a very hot slap and i told the driver to stop the bus. He stopped and i alighted.

32 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service / Problem With Glo Bb Subscription Since Yesterday / How To Add Yourself Back To A Whatsapp Group After Being Kicked Out By The Admin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.