Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,005 members, 7,956,724 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:31 PM

How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. (16128 Views)

I Lost My Huawei Y9 Prime In Tricycle This Afternoon / I Lost My Sim Card But Was Not Registered With My Name And Photograph / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Puregold3(f): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
yorke1:
They have tried this same trick with me in Lagos but in my case, it wasn't a one chance action.
I boarded a bus from Ikeja along to Oshodi on my way back from church one sunny Sunday Morning.
There are passengers inside the Danfo bus....these are normal passengers but the conductor, driver and one guy sitting in the front were the actors.

Oshodi! Oshodi!! Oshodi!!! yelled Owa oo!!! The conductor quickly opened the front door for me to come in meanwhile there were seat i could have sat apart from the front seat. Oya for the door to lock na problem. i did not know how they did it. the driver was yelling "lock it push it, jam it"" while the bastard in the front seat with the driver was busy trying to remove my phone in my pocket. i was alert and told the driver to come down and lock it. I gave the guy trying to remove phone a very hot slap and i told the driver to stop the bus. He stopped and i alighted.

Good you slapped d asshoe.
My own frievd was even afraid to accuse them. he just jejely took back his phone Nd took another bus.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by shogsman(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
What's the name of the phone
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by pek(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
GodCovenant:
I stop and board a bus that had only two at the front, the driver and one other guy and the whole back seat empty. the driver told me to join them at the front as he open the door. I joined them at the front and few minutes later while we were moving the driver told me to lock the door properly and I keep telling him the door is lock and okay like that.

you know those old bus with no door handle and one need to draw a connecting slim rod in the old shattered and scrap door before it can open and only the driver knows how to do that.

he did it and it open and told me to jam it with force which I did while the vehicle was still in motion. the next thing I heard was a loud shouting from the guy that sat with me. his fingers are lock at the upper side of the door. he was shouting my hand my hand. the driver was shouting too you have lock his hand open the door open the door. the vehicle was still in motion. I was confuse at the moment as there were adrenaline rush, I was strongly with the door which has no handle both the inside and outside of the door, i put my hand outside for the door handle no way. inside no way. I tried to open the door by the slim rod no way. then I start telling the driver stop the car and come it himself.

then the guy later pull his hand out from it. as i thought maybe his fingers have finally cut off. but to my amazements the fingers where still intact not even a sign of trauma but he was just holding it tightly like something serious really happened. what a relief for me as I keep on telling him sorry as I didn't know his hand was there when I jam the door. but I examine the place were he put his hand and there was a slack space up there as the door have lost those tight sealed. its loose at the top side when it was locked which would not have promoted the guy to be shouting like that. well I just wave it off.

then the next thing the driver said VIRO is out now. he can't go again. that we should come down and find another bus and as I came down from the bus I was expecting the other guy to come down too but he shot the door and they zoom off. that was when it came to me it was all a set up. I quickly check for my pocket only the small torchlight phone was left the big one was gone. it was selectively picked.

I was just looking at them as they driving away. there was no means to chase them. no keke for charter to go after them.

my wallet was at the other side of my pocket that is the door side. they would have collect it too.

this happened at airport flyover bridge Enugu.

I had headache reading this.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by deltateam: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2019
I believe the antidote to this nonsense is to carry a bag. Put your phones, wallet inside it.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by infortech(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
sorry. is common in Enugu, my first time in Enugu before my wife will call to inform me about Enugu people, Dey have already open my zip bag. but I was putting on Jeans, after some seconds a police woman in the park at gariki called me and ask me if am new here, dat I should check my self quick if any thing is missing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Caulay(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lol. E dey happen
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by dokyOloye: 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
In Lagos, street urchins survive on phone snatching till they marry and give birth to small little phone snatchers. grin
Or owo mi da grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by IamSoProlific: 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
GodCovenant:
I stop and board a bus that had only two at the front, the driver and one other guy and the whole back seat empty. the driver told me to join them at the front as he open the door. I joined them at the front and few minutes later while we were moving the driver told me to lock the door properly and I keep telling him the door is lock and okay like that.

you know those old bus with no door handle and one need to draw a connecting slim rod in the old shattered and scrap door before it can open and only the driver knows how to do that.

he did it and it open and told me to jam it with force which I did while the vehicle was still in motion. the next thing I heard was a loud shouting from the guy that sat with me. his fingers are lock at the upper side of the door. he was shouting my hand my hand. the driver was shouting too you have lock his hand open the door open the door. the vehicle was still in motion. I was confuse at the moment as there were adrenaline rush, I was strongly with the door which has no handle both the inside and outside of the door, i put my hand outside for the door handle no way. inside no way. I tried to open the door by the slim rod no way. then I start telling the driver stop the car and come it himself.

then the guy later pull his hand out from it. as i thought maybe his fingers have finally cut off. but to my amazements the fingers where still intact not even a sign of trauma but he was just holding it tightly like something serious really happened. what a relief for me as I keep on telling him sorry as I didn't know his hand was there when I jam the door. but I examine the place were he put his hand and there was a slack space up there as the door have lost those tight sealed. its loose at the top side when it was locked which would not have promoted the guy to be shouting like that. well I just wave it off.

then the next thing the driver said VIRO is out now. he can't go again. that we should come down and find another bus and as I came down from the bus I was expecting the other guy to come down too but he shot the door and they zoom off. that was when it came to me it was all a set up. I quickly check for my pocket only the small torchlight phone was left the big one was gone. it was selectively picked.

I was just looking at them as they driving away. there was no means to chase them. no keke for charter to go after them.

my wallet was at the other side of my pocket that is the door side. they would have collect it too.

Emene na.....na only criminals full there.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by asdfjklhaha(f): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
In Lagos, street urchins survive on phone snatching till they marry and give birth to small little phone snatchers. grin
small and little mean the same thing

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by SLAP44: 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
asdfjklhaha:

small and little mean the same thing

Sorry, I went to night lessons grin

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Aidejay(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2019
yorke1:
They have tried this same trick with me in Lagos but in my case, it wasn't a one chance action.
I boarded a bus from Ikeja along to Oshodi on my way back from church one sunny Sunday Morning.
There were passengers inside the Danfo bus....these were normal passengers but the conductor, driver and one guy sitting in the front were the actors.

Oshodi! Oshodi!! Oshodi!!! yelled Owa oo!!! The conductor quickly opened the front door for me to come in meanwhile there were seat i could have sat apart from the front seat. Oya for the door to lock na problem. i did not know how they did it. the driver was yelling "lock it push it, jam it"" while the bastard in the front seat with the driver was busy trying to remove my phone in my pocket. i was alert and told the driver to come down and lock it. I gave the guy trying to remove my phone a very hot slap and i told the driver to stop the bus. He stopped and i alighted.
grin just like dat u slap person grin
Nigeria is great....chai
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by abimic(m): 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
yorke1:
There were passengers inside the Danfo bus....these were normal passengers but the conductor, driver and one guy sitting in the front were the actors.

Oshodi! Oshodi!! Oshodi!!! yelled Owa oo!!! The conductor quickly opened the front door for me to come in meanwhile there were seat i could have sat apart from the front seat. Oya for the door to lock na problem. i did not know how they did it. the driver was yelling "lock it push it, jam it"" while the bastard in the front seat with the driver was busy trying to remove my phone in my pocket. i was alert and told the driver to come down and lock it. I gave the guy trying to remove my phone a very hot slap and i told the driver to stop the bus. He stopped and i alighted.
All these pick-pockets devise different means to achieve their goals, one just need be vigilant. Even while walking, they scheme different acts to distract their prey, in all, one should be vigilant and avoid friendly look.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by frozen70(f): 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
visijo:
A date is a meeting between two people who would wish to know more about each other but not an opportunity to order food you never ate in your life my sister.... �����

Then why taking her to an eatery when you can take her to your office if you ever have one ❓

When you come to eateries, what are you expected to do there, perceive the aroma and go or to patronise them ❓

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
OP if you had your own car this wouldn't have happened to you.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by visijo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
frozen70:

Then why taking her to an eatery when you can take her to your office if you ever have one ❓

When you come to eateries, what are you expected to do there, perceive the aroma and go or to patronise them ❓
lol I can see you are guilty grin
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by BarrElChapo(m): 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
grin grin grin
SLAP44:
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2019
op sorry ooo,this got my memory to some years back,I boarded a bus from mile 2 in Lagos.just next bus stop ,a young man came in and sat beside me.immediately,he started coughing seriously.I was adjusting,he kept coughing towards my face,at a point I was saying ahh let this man not come and give me tuberculosis ooo,not knowing that he was busy collecting my wallet.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Femeto: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Oshodi in Enugu.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by bigiyaro(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2019
[quote author=Timmypromise post=81000089][/quote]gerrarahere!!! who do u think breed all these streets urchins? Desmond Elliot or Tonto dike, maybe Linda ikeji.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by LaurelP(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2019
One of the most popular formats they use in Lagos. Another one is during struggle to board a bus.

They used it on me 2 years ago. I just left an interview at Magodo and got to the bus stop. Waved down a bus and they immediately opened the front door for me.

A man was already sitted there with the driver while the conductor was standing just behind me.

There were few passengers at the back. My mind was still thinking about the interview I had just finished. Shut the door and it opened back, tried again same thing.

Driver and conductor kept urging me to push harder. All of a sudden conductor starts accusing me of spoiling the door. A short argument ensues between us.

Driver asks me to alight immediately. I did. They speed off. I reached for my pocket. Nothing. My heart skipped a few beats.

I reach for my suit pocket. Nothing. Few more beats. I looked as the bus speed down the ever free Magodo Berger expressway. My mouth became dry. I couldn't believe it. I just bought the phone barely a month before. A Tekno phantom.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by femi4: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2019
GodCovenant:

Is your hand not working? Nobody put phones inside pocket these days and if you do, put your hands on them to feel them from time to time.

Always keep your distance, suspect everyone and trust no one....that's how we survive here in lasgidi

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

I'm sure your parents were also one

Unlimitk he va
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

I dey o my guy
My real account will soon be unbanned, so I will keep posting

How many month
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Mypeople2(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
SLAP44:
Hahahahaha o boy, you be comedian ? Make them watch you well o
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

Next week
Abi u go give me recharge cards?

Recharge card for welcome party
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by stonecoldcafe: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
GodCovenant:
I stop and board a bus that had only two at the frr. I joined them at the front and few minutes ridge Enugu.

So sorry. They will meet their own in front
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Mypeople2(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
Noel1:

Where did he mention.Lagos in that post? Haba, Oponu ni ooo
He did not say this story happens in Lagos.it just is rampant in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest Against Airtel's Plan To Stop BIS On Android / How To Use Glo Blackberry Internet Subscription (BIS) On PC And Other Device / Samsung Banned From Selling Some Phones In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.