Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. (15986 Views)

I Lost My Huawei Y9 Prime In Tricycle This Afternoon / XIAOMI Fan Boys On Nairaland May Have Entered 'one Chance' / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

Yes ooo
I dey burn card for data
U see that anambrafirstson and many igbo people on nairaland are backed by some wealthy Igbo people
I carried out a research
Omo,I get many gist about these people
Na recharge card b my problem
But I will share it in near future sha

Well I can still help with little Sha
Give me your number
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by damkin24(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
GodCovenant:
I stop and board a bus that had only two at the front, the driver and one other guy and the whole back seat empty. the driver told me to join them at the front as he open the door. I joined them at the front and few minutes later while we were moving the driver told me to lock the door properly and I keep telling him the door is lock and okay like that.

you know those old bus with no door handle and one need to draw a connecting slim rod in the old shattered and scrap door before it can open and only the driver knows how to do that.

he did it and it open and told me to jam it with force which I did while the vehicle was still in motion. the next thing I heard was a loud shouting from the guy that sat with me. his fingers are lock at the upper side of the door. he was shouting my hand my hand. the driver was shouting too you have lock his hand open the door open the door. the vehicle was still in motion. I was confuse at the moment as there were adrenaline rush, I was strongly with the door which has no handle both the inside and outside of the door, i put my hand outside for the door handle no way. inside no way. I tried to open the door by the slim rod no way. then I start telling the driver stop the car and come it himself.

then the guy later pull his hand out from it. as i thought maybe his fingers have finally cut off. but to my amazements the fingers where still intact not even a sign of trauma but he was just holding it tightly like something serious really happened. what a relief for me as I keep on telling him sorry as I didn't know his hand was there when I jam the door. but I examine the place were he put his hand and there was a slack space up there as the door have lost those tight sealed. its loose at the top side when it was locked which would not have promoted the guy to be shouting like that. well I just wave it off.

then the next thing the driver said VIRO is out now. he can't go again. that we should come down and find another bus and as I came down from the bus I was expecting the other guy to come down too but he shot the door and they zoom off. that was when it came to me it was all a set up. I quickly check for my pocket only the small torchlight phone was left the big one was gone. it was selectively picked.

I was just looking at them as they driving away. there was no means to chase them. no keke for charter to go after them.

my wallet was at the other side of my pocket that is the door side. they would have collect it too.

this happened at airport flyover bridge Enugu.

Same thing happened to me in February this year at car wash along idimu-egbeda road, Lagos.
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

I'm using airtel,are sending airtel?
Tell Me the network

Am doing bank transfer
Just drop your no
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Naanlong01: 8:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
I had a similar experience one night in Badagry Lagos some years ago, i closed from shop heading home from ibereko ayo ni o to age mowo but alighted at Barracks when it became obvious that they were upto something, that was after i lost my wallet to them with all the money made in shop for that day thank God my t-fare was in my hand not wallet i would have been stranded that night. It happened in a car i sat with an older man beside the driver while the woman that sat behind me continued shouting her leg oo that me and the man should adjust so i was busy lifting my butt for her to pull her leg and all these while the robbery was going on. All happened on motion.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Timmypromise(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
Infinityk:

Thanks bro

Have sent small token
My name ends with timileyin
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by tyup(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
gypsey:
OP if you had your own car this wouldn't have happened to you.

Pay him one then

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
tyup:

Pay him one then
pay him one?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by tyup(m): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
gypsey:
pay him one?
*Buy* him one

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
tyup:

*Buy* him one
too late! grin

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by tyup(m): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
gypsey:
too late! grin

Lol let grace speaketh
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Wolexdey(m): 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
grin grin
He will soon be released and then you'll be put to shame. How could you wish such evil to your fellow human.
You're a disgrace
Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Ifeco232(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
Just exactly what happened to me bro,
Under the same Airport flyover
Na so they tricked me with same style just as you explained here and made away with my Samsung Galaxy Phone.
I saw a Keke an coming down from the flyover and we gave them a hot chase, they were able to escape because the 82 div traffic stopped us and they have already passed before the traffic light turned red.
I marked their faces hoping to catch them someday before I finish my contract here in Enugu and go back to base.

GodCovenant:
I stop and board a bus that had only two at the front, the driver and one other guy and the whole back seat empty. the driver told me to join them at the front as he open the door. I joined them at the front and few minutes later while we were moving the driver told me to lock the door properly and I keep telling him the door is lock and okay like that.

you know those old bus with no door handle and one need to draw a connecting slim rod in the old shattered and scrap door before it can open and only the driver knows how to do that.

he did it and it open and told me to jam it with force which I did while the vehicle was still in motion. the next thing I heard was a loud shouting from the guy that sat with me. his fingers are lock at the upper side of the door. he was shouting my hand my hand. the driver was shouting too you have lock his hand open the door open the door. the vehicle was still in motion. I was confuse at the moment as there were adrenaline rush, I was strongly with the door which has no handle both the inside and outside of the door, i put my hand outside for the door handle no way. inside no way. I tried to open the door by the slim rod no way. then I start telling the driver stop the car and come it himself.

then the guy later pull his hand out from it. as i thought maybe his fingers have finally cut off. but to my amazements the fingers where still intact not even a sign of trauma but he was just holding it tightly like something serious really happened. what a relief for me as I keep on telling him sorry as I didn't know his hand was there when I jam the door. but I examine the place were he put his hand and there was a slack space up there as the door have lost those tight sealed. its loose at the top side when it was locked which would not have promoted the guy to be shouting like that. well I just wave it off.

then the next thing the driver said VIRO is out now. he can't go again. that we should come down and find another bus and as I came down from the bus I was expecting the other guy to come down too but he shot the door and they zoom off. that was when it came to me it was all a set up. I quickly check for my pocket only the small torchlight phone was left the big one was gone. it was selectively picked.

I was just looking at them as they driving away. there was no means to chase them. no keke for charter to go after them.

my wallet was at the other side of my pocket that is the door side. they would have collect it too.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by beardedboy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2019
Teewhy2:
so no be only in lagos all these things happen.

Haa, Lagos na toddler beside Igboland. I swear to God!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Ifeco232(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sorry about what happened to you
That's same thing they did to me last month
They took my phone at under the same airdrop flyover with same trick.

GodCovenant:

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by Ifeco232(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sorry about what happened to you
That's the same thing they did to me last month
They took my phone at under the same airport flyover with same trick.

GodCovenant:

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by lugzii: 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
Chai. This rubbish has happened to be at Berger, Lagos and I didn't know until now.

I was rushing to catch a bus from Berger to Ojota, a bus came and I quickly entered the front seat. There was a guy with a bag already seated with the driver. I joined him and jammed the door and I heard someone shouting "My Hand, My Hand" but unconsciously, without looking back I asked him why he put his hands by the door when he knew I was going to jam the door. I told him never to do such again that his fingers go just go. All the while I didn't even look back but all was done without suspecting anything.

Reading this now, my mind went back to that incident.

Secondly, I don't put any of my valuable in my back pocket, they are always in my front pockets. Its gonna take a very skillful pickpocket to take that. I also touch my pockets from time to time.

Abeg, no time to lose valuables.

6 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by cenaman(m): 7:59am On Aug 07, 2019
oh my god! It happen to me in benin when i board a golf 3 car going to ehkor (a village alone bening agbor express), the car consist of 3 persons 2 male 1 female. we have just pass the bye-pass when the front passenger started shouting my hand my hand, before u know it the car stop and the lady setting beside came down and throw my bag out from the boot and ask me to come down immidiately i came down the zoom off, and i was having over #200k inside the bag. till today i was still wondering why they did.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by emmyskies(m): 9:08am On Aug 07, 2019
I had exact similar experience in port Harcourt few weeks ago. Just that in my case, GOD helped me to be conscious of my bag and pocket. During the confusion ensuring from the guy admitting his hand was locked with the door, the driver tried to remove my phone from my front pocket but I used my hand to push it back in and place my hand over my pocket. Afterwards, both the driver and the other passenger at the front said I should bring my phone out from my pocket and hold it in my hands which I didn't oblige to. I kept calm despite the pressure from them till they dropped me to find another vehicle. it was after they dropped me I realised they were 419. I am grateful to GOD I wasn't harmed and didn't loose a thing to them.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Phone To One Chance Bus In Enugu. by IceColdVeins(m): 10:13am On Aug 07, 2019
wow!
This has happened to me before along Lagos-Ibadan express way during my job seeking days and I actually thought they were kidnappers cos nothing was missing on me. The inter-state bus that i boarded acted up on the road and I had to catch the next along bus cos I'd got an interview to catch in about 2 hours to go, hence, I was in panic-mode. So, I actually was blind to all the red-flags that could have been apparent when the one chance taxi pulled over. There were 2 ladies and a man at the backseat while another man enthroned the front seat by the driver. normal bus driver would call out his routes, which he didnt (1ST RED FLAG) until I told him 'Berger', I noticed he quickly calculated some things in his head before he finally agreed with a sharp nod (2ND RED FLAG), so he opened the front door for me to join the man seating by him. Another guy from my broken bus was trying to join the taxi at the back seat but the driver rejected him and asked me curiously if we were together and I replied by shaking my head thinking I was lucky...though I wondered why he could allow two at the front but not four at the back (3RD RED FLAG) as he zoomed off.
Just about 2 minutes into the journey, the door next to where I sat opened as the driver was speeding, so the man beside mr raised the alarm and the driver tried to pull over again that was when I decided to slam the car door as he pulled over. Just as I did, the woman sitting behind me screamed 'my hand' and started weeping profusely in a bid to show that her hand was being wedged by the door. All of us were thrown into panic as the driver and the man next to me started yelling that I should help her out. .. The whole screaming, yelling and panic went on for a couple of minutes until the woman who was weeping felt relieved. Then the driver asked me to step out and returned my money cos I paid immediately I entered. I started begging him cos I was about to be dropped in the middle of no-where but a road that runs through the forests. All pleadings fell on deaf ears and he told me to ask the 'deaf and dumb' bast*rds seating at the back (cos they were mute all through the saga except the weeping wh*re) if i could seat with dem but they all disagreed, and the weeping b*tch finally smiled and said 'do you want to cry?' in sacarsm as the driver who will soon die by firing squad if he's stll alive living his miserable life zoomed off.
That was when i came to my senses that I just got played. I searched every part of my body to check if anything was missing. My iphone remained in my hand, my samsung and my cash in my left pocket. I guess what saved me was the pocket was deep, so pilfering from it would be difficult to occur unnoticed. I was still scared cos I never heard of such one-chance before...I even at a point thought they were kidnappers or manhood stealers cos nothing on me went missing...(I had to go test my manhood after the interview with one of my babes in LASU then cos I started feeling my preeq shrink prolly due to fear of the unknown).
Lessons: Always take note of red flags when boarding a bus and always board from their hackney parks(there are always red flags and it only takes careful observation to decipher).I remember in different occasions when I saw my girl off to lagos danfo terminals I'd tell her which bus to board or who to seat with and she'd later call me that God saved her that the person she would have sat with was caught sexually harrassing or pilfering from passengers. Since then till I type, whenever I was travelling and the bus broke down, me and the driver die there!! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers / Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service / How To Add Yourself Back To A Whatsapp Group After Being Kicked Out By The Admin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.