Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas (2948 Views)

My Apologies For Been Engaged In Tribal Issues In The Past Few Months / "My Apologies To Anyone That I Have Offended" - Governor El-rufai / My apologies to the Bishop of Enugu state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by 10mobile: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2019
I have listened to several comments being made to deride Omoyele Sowore by certain people who appear to be my fellow Igbos. Today, I spoke so strongly against those anti-Sowore comments on an Igbo dominated Facebook group thinking that I would be attacked massively, only to have scores of people liking the comment. It makes me realize that just a few bad eggs are trying to spoil the show for us as a people.

Tell me, how reasonable are you as an Igbo when you criticize Yorubas for being cowards when some of the most courageous souls we have seen in this country (such as Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, Femi Fani Kayode, Ayo Fayose, etc) are of Yoruba extraction? So, my dear Yoruba brothers, the above experience I had on Facebook proves to me that many of us Igbos stand with all freedom-fighters of Yoruba extraction and indeed all freedom-minded people everywhere.

The truth is that there are bad eggs everywhere and their evil odour often dominates the presence of the good eggs (it is natural). So, I address both my Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please, stop taking the bad eggs from the other tribes as the sample. Another truth is that the top level of excellence in education, academics, arts, sciences, valour, and achievements generally are occupied by these two tribes. Let us appreciate what we have in common instead of emphasizing the opposites. Let us fight the cause before us together rather than let our adversaries divide and defeat us. Even history proves that we are brothers. (Aside: 'Rock' is 'okuta' in Yoruba, and 'okwute' in Igbo and there are other linguistic proofs of our common heritage)

Please, members of other tribes should kindly not misunderstood me. I am not trying to deny your great achievements here. Rather, I am using this opportunity to address the obvious strained relationship between the good and great people of Igbo and Yoruba Lands.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Niaja4real(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
10mobile:
I have listened to several comments being made to deride Omoyele Sowore by certain people who appear to be my fellow Igbos. Today, I spoke so strongly against those anti-Sowore comments on an Igbo dominated Facebook group thinking that I would be attacked massively, only to have scores of people liking the comment. It makes me realize that just a few bad eggs are trying to spoil the show for us as a people.

Tell me, how reasonable are you as an Igbo when you criticize Yorubas for being cowards when some of the most courageous souls we have seen in this country (such as Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Gani Fawehinmi, Wole Soyinka, Femi Fani Kayode, Ayo Fayose, etc) are of Yoruba extraction? So, my dear Yoruba brothers, the above experience I had on Facebook proves to me that many of us Igbos stand with all freedom-fighters of Yoruba extraction and indeed all freedom-minded people everywhere.

The truth is that there are bad eggs everywhere and their evil odour often dominates the presence of the good eggs (it is natural). So, I address both my Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please, stop taking the bad eggs from the other tribes as the sample. Another truth is that the top level of excellence in education, academics, arts, sciences, valour, and achievements generally are occupied by these two tribes. Let us appreciate what we have in common instead of emphasizing the opposites. Let us fight the cause before us together rather than let our adversaries divide and defeat us. Even history proves that we are brothers. (Aside: 'Rock' is 'okuta' in Yoruba, and 'okwute' in Igbo and there are other linguistic proofs of our commen heritage)

Please, members of other tribes should kindly not misunderstood me. I am not trying to deny your great achievements as a people. Rather, I am using this opportunity to address the obvious strained relationship between the good and great people of Igbo and Yoruba Lands.
I would have given u the benefit of doubt until I notice a name like Wole Soyinka as one of the brave men among the Yoruba's, then I realize u are not to be taken any serious.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by 10mobile: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2019
Niaja4real:

I would have given u the benefit of doubt until I notice a name like Wole Soyinka as one of the brave men among the Yoruba's, then I realize u are not to be taken any serious.
Did you hear that Wole Soyinka was charged for treason for courageously criticizing Nigeria in favour of Biafra during the civil war? What is that if not courage? You don't just condemn someone completely just because you disagreed with him in one instance.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nnukwueze: 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Niaja4real:

Leave am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nnukwueze: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Sowore is a criminal and should be dealt with severely. No sane Igbo will join that foolish afonja misadventure.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
[quote author=10mobile post=81029192][s]I have listened to several comments being made to deride Omoyele Sowore by certain people who appear to be my fellow Igbos. Today, I spoke so strongly against those anti-Sowore comments on an Igbo dominated Facebook group thinking that I would be attacked massively, only to have scores of people liking the comment. It makes me realize that just a few bad eggs are trying to spoil the show for us as a people.

The truth is that there are bad eggs everywhere and their evil odour often dominates the presence of the good eggs (it is natural). So, I address both my Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please, stop taking the bad eggs from the other tribes as the sample. Another truth is that the top level of excellence in education, academics, arts, sciences, valour, and achievements generally are occupied by these two tribes. Let us appreciate what we have in common instead of emphasizing the opposites. Let us fight the cause before us together rather than let our adversaries divide and defeat us. Even history proves that we are brothers. (Aside: 'Rock' is 'okuta' in Yoruba, and 'okwute' in Igbo and there are other linguistic proofs of our common heritage)

Please, members of other tribes should kindly not misunderstood me. I am not trying to deny your great achievements here. Rather, I am using this opportunity to address the obvious strained relationship between the good and great people of Igbo and Yoruba Lands.[[/s]/quote]

Revolution is not done on Facebook with likes.

Go out to the road and join sowore.

Stop trying to foist your emotions on others.

You can ask DSS to exchange sowore in your places.

Every issue am igbo am not igbo...and so what?

U be igbo, go and join the revolt or is anyone holding you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2019
10mobile:

[s]Did you hear that Wole Soyinka was charged for treason for courageously criticizing Nigeria in favour of Biafra during the civil war? What is that if not courage? You don't just condemn someone completely just because you disagreed with him in one instance.[/s]

I don't know anything, go and join the revolution.

Igbo dominated group, Igbo that.

Are you the only Igbo man on earth?

Carry your emotions alone biko.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nnukwueze:
Sowore is a criminal and should be dealt with severely. No sane Igbo will join that foolish afonja misadventure.

Anichebe gi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nnukwueze: 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Anichebe gi.

Daalu nwanne

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by izombie(m): 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2019
Op it is not like we have any problems with sowore. Infact i actually admire him for this. Our issue is that igbos are beginning to realise that one nigeria is a myth. Every man for themselves. Even though we admire the message sowore is trying to send we will not be joining any protest that involves yoruba people. Igbos will only join protest that is for dividing nigeria.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2019
izombie:
Op it is not like we have any problems with sowore. Infact i actually admire him for this. Our issue is that igbos are beginning to realise that one nigeria is a myth. Every man for themselves. Even though we admire the message sowore is trying to send we will not be joining any protest that involves yoruba people. Igbos will only join protest that is for dividing nigeria.
Change this mentality, it will not bring you any realistic progress

1 Like

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by almajiri101: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
Third class citizens forming relevant... Can any igbo man hold any reasonable position in Nigeria again? The answer is NO
Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
10mobile:

Please, members of other tribes should kindly not misunderstood me. I am not trying to deny your great achievements here. Rather, I am using this opportunity to address the obvious strained relationship between the good and great people of Igbo and Yoruba Lands.
God bless you for this
Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by almajiri101: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
Niaja4real:

Even your ancestors would forever be grateful to wole soyinka.. What does nnamdi kanu brainwashed mofo like you know?

2 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by almajiri101: 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
EkperemoEgbabi:

Sharap dia. Brainsless commenting
After that, kindly say something else, ofcourse you have nothing left to say. Who is now brainless BTW you and the op?
Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by huptin(m): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2019
My own take is : when Igbos and Yoruba are ready to work together they will be free but until then keep enjoying being slaves in your own land!
Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by LegendHero(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
The OP should know there are lot of semi-crazy people in Nigeria either Yoruba or Igbos, and I’m also not left out of the tribal sentiments and Nairaland corrupted my thinking and I’m not gonna change anytime soon.

I’m a Yoruba and I commend the OP for trying to make sure the Yorubas and Igbos come together to bond, but I’m sorry we are all still enjoying the tribal bashing and when the suffering reaches an optimal point, no one will tell the lazy Yoruba and Igbo youth before they fill up the street to demand real revolution.

Till now, OP just enjoy your life by watching BB Naija or drinking hero beer and stop trying to disturb yourself with the online tribal warriors if you don’t want to have high blood pressure.

Peace bro.

2 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Niaja4real(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
almajiri101:

Even your ancestors would forever be grateful to wole soyinka.. What does nnamdi kanu brainwashed mofo like you know?
I don't engage an almagiri.
Look for your kind or
Better still, get lost for all I care

2 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by gidgiddy: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Igbos and Yorubas have nothing in common except that they were bamboozled together in 1914 into this British colonial experiment known as Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by chiagozien(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
@Op no matter what you do or say ,yorubas will always hate you for been am igbo man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by almajiri101: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2019
Niaja4real:

I don't engage an almagiri.
Look for your kind or
Better still, get lost for all I care

Too much kids on NL

1 Like

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by almajiri101: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2019
chiagozien:
@Op no matter what you do or say ,yorubas will always hate you for been am igbo man.

How? The same yoruba that accommodate your brothers and sisters in their various states.

3 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Salute to your ability to indirectly and pretentiously beg for assistance from the igbos and the rest of Southern Nigeria.

Stuffs of legends.

Always!

Cc immhotep lzaa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by LZAA: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
highcollide:
Salute to your ability to indirectly and pretentiously beg for assistance from the igbos and the rest of Southern Nigeria.

Stuffs of legends.

Always!

Cc immhotep lzaa
Na dia way grin

2 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
chiagozien:

You need to really change your mentality......I am beginning to think ur not Igbo set,maybe ur mission here is to cause hatred

1 Like

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Donelli: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
almajiri101:

How? The same yoruba that accommodate your brothers and sisters in their various states.
Why do you lot like saying this nonsense, accommodate who? Is it for free? undecided

4 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by chiagozien(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
almajiri101:

accommodate how?
can you explain how they accommodate my brothers and sisters.

3 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by SLAP44: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
[quote author=MelesZenawi post=81029839][/quote]

Fulani without cows don't make any sense.
Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by Donelli: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
reportingfraud:

Change this mentality, it will not bring you any realistic progress
Wake up to reality if you want to make mental progress. Nigeria is not designed to work for Nigerians, the earlier you accept that fact the better for you.

2 Likes

Re: SOWORE: My Apologies To All Freedom-minded Yorubas by chiagozien(m): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
Samson0599:

You need to really change your mentality......I am beginning to think ur not Igbo set,maybe ur mission here is to cause hatred
cause hatred by speaking the truth.

Do you people ever love igbos before.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? / Obaseki is finished!Akeredolu is gone!! / Igbos Should Support Tinubu, Nobody Will Donate Power To Them In 2023– Agoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.