Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths (32634 Views)

Canadian Court Describes Nigerian Police As Murderous, Corrupt / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by naijadrivablog: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
grin

That is why one takes the youth serious.

The types we have here...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
He's right. They are much on nairaland.
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by OfficialSam(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
U
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Iceman2017(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Sonyinka is a Nairalander grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Ytea(f): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
Ouch.. Is this a jab at Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by OdefaGirl(f): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
True Sir, they are plenty. Abi, we are plenty?? cool cool. See them, typing 'U", 'O' up there, they want to read this one before commenting so that they won't implicate themselves grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by thunderbabs: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
Association of FTC on nairaland, what statement are you putting out to counter Prof's assertion? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by enemyofprogress: 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
Them plenty here for nairaland where seun is using their pants to smile to the banks

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by yeyeosoronga: 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
The shade... cheesy
This table this old man is shaking.....
Many NLders are on it o... lemme see the first to comment on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Darkpanthera: 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
Soyinka lacks sense
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by TheFacelessMan: 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
this guy na nairalander

cool

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by YorubaKing: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
All dem FTC crew members right now... grin

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
oz4real83:
We have a lot of them on nairaland. cry when u ask them what the thread they just commented on was all about, they will be starring at u like the pics on nigerian currencies.

Just like you that first commented
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
booblacain:
“The first thing is that I have never given a blanket endorsement of youth. I used to exchange friendly disagreements with Tai Solarin from time to time over this. I remember I took him on once when he said, I can die for the young generation, and I said, don’t say that. Don’t be so sweeping in your statement, some of this young generation is treacherous and many of them are only just waiting for their own slice of the national cake.

“But something has been happening to our youth. It’s probably the technological strides in communication and dissemination of information. Far too many of them, empty-headed, really think that they know. They are what I sometimes refer to as the generation of be–the- first- to- comment. It’s like they are sitting down there, they don’t understand the issue somebody has just posited, either as a blog or whatever you people call it, I don’t know– I don’t live in that virtual realm," he added.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1253168-i-wont-silent-injustice-nigerians---soyinka.html

My opinion: very apt.
Very true and social media beggars
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by israelmao(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
First- to-comment youths are many on Nairaland as a matter of fact.It seems Soyinka is conversant with Nairaland in the manner its youth users rush to be the first to comment.It's high time to be proactive on burning issues rather than being reactive.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Respect55(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
I'm very much disappointed with u soyinka. Talk to our rulers. They are the problems of Nigeria. Not the youths that have been sidelined

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by konkonbilo(m): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
You need a wedding photography discount, check my signature
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
So this man is a nairalander all this while
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
Soyinka is a Nairalander, it's pretty obvious.
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by FuckThaMod: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2019
Must be active here on Nairaland grin
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
israelmao:
First to comment
See them... undecided
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by bluefilm: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
When the honorable Mr. President termed them lazy youths, it raised a lot of dust.

Alas, it is now being discovered that the honorable Mr. President was actually right.

Extremely dumb and senseless dolts who cannot even think for themselves littering every corner like sand.

My heartfelt pity goes out to the coming generation.

'Cause they have totally lost it even before they are born.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
On God he had nairaland on mind��
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by saxby(f): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
Naso the matter b
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by omoiyalayi(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
Baba na nairalander or regular visitor grin grin

If u know u.......
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Macgyver1: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
Their are lots of them on Nairaland, dragging for CTC, pathetic.
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
spot on!... proff must be a regular nairalander!

too many of them litters this forum. too bad!
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
israelmao:
First to comment

Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by GoldHorse(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
No mind dem sir! They were calling for the head of someone who they say called them lazy youths
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by OhiOfIhima: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
That is so funny as if Soyinka too is hustle for first to comment mode..

He has a stand by way but when the government doesn't give room for any form of freedom expression, youths have no power of their own.

Just for #revolutionnow, the convener arrested.
Re: Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
Very true

Wechat and Alipay fund available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop Buhari From Medical Trips - Senate Committee Tells State House Officials / ISWAP Ambushed Military Convoy In Borno, Killed 19 Troops / Gagdi: Pantami's Pro-Al-Qaeda Views Have Consequence On Perception Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.