Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices (36726 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU ) Has The Most Beautiful Campus In Nigeria? / UNIZIK Has The Most Beautiful University Gate In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by sammyscholar(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2019
Ours is joining soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by walanga: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2019
Wow!... i want me this office too abeg

But you too can start a Green Business with etheir N25,000 or N69,000, selling the products in the picture

Call 08174338503 for more info

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by wayodude(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2019
Gerrard59:

Mind blogging figures. shocked

I'm happy for them and these are the richest companies in the future with owners being billionaires or at worst multimillionaires. When I read the funds poured into them, I can only think of the sector I invested. But then, I only invest in what I understand and unfortunately I don't understand the tech industry enough to be an investor.

Nonetheless, kudos to them.

Well done for even having the mindset to invest. Youth these days promote betting your scarce cash on Chicken Inn FC, and those even are the good ones. grin
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by FuckThaMod: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2019
HigherEd:

Lol you can say that again. When Dickson Nsofor started this Korapay stuff, all he presented was an idea and he got a seed funding of N5 Billion naira. There are many organizations willing to fund disruptive ideas in Nigeria. They know Nigeria is a good market but they are not ready for this agbero lifestyle so they go through people who know the terrain. Similar strategy employed by Uber when it acquired Careem.

When Shola and Ezra of paystack graduated they found their way and applied to stripe to fund them. At that time only Interswitch was around with the yeye #150k integration fees. Stripe gave paystack their template, funding with engineering talents. Paystack met up with KPIs later and Visa decided to pour more money. I know paystack now process over N10 Billion in monthly payments.

Segun Oni's MDaaS startup in Ibadan recently got $1 million from the US and another from finca ventures . Things are happening!
While some are here looking for various ways or opportunities to attack igbo or yoruba.
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Hoodbilonia: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2019
Abegi
proeast:

That's a very wack reasoning bro! Do not allow your environment to limit you. You can be a trail blazer in your immediate environment. Others can look up to you as a model in excellence.
Can you define what you mean by "the African"?
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by FuckThaMod: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2019
ezenwajosh:

I have few idea but I need team of young tinkers, innovators and inventors....you can't even find one in nigeria....I sometimes feel like am in the midst of alliens....NOBODY TO CRITIZE YOUR IDEA AND PITCH IN CHANGES
What does it involve bro? I have a mad critical thinker and a developer friend that is having this same issue. I can link him to you
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Ugosample(m): 9:06am On Aug 08, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Offices wey empty Naija never develop See how wack a ps4 room is. We arr africans and we must do it tha african way
what is this one saying?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by HigherEd: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2019
Gazzy88:
Why do you know almost everything in tech? I have some golden ideas, can I hookup with you for enlightenment?
I'm in the Tech industry myself. Message me on Whatsapp +2349066706704. We are currently moving into our office somewhere in Ikeja. We can set up a meeting in the next weeks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by castrokins(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2019
Nice thread
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2019
ezenwajosh:

I have few idea but I need team of young tinkers, innovators and inventors....you can't even find one in nigeria....I sometimes feel like am in the midst of alliens....NOBODY TO CRITIZE YOUR IDEA AND PITCH IN CHANGES

Same issues I had when I missed out on millions of dollars in the ICO space in 2017

The little team I brought together. Lazy lot undecided

Mehn 2017 the easiest year to become a naira billionaire in crypto
If only I had a tight web developer friend then cry

Anyway boys are back to the board and we will get heard on due time as we are 80% done

This time all white team. Fully freelanced. No time for people who don't think on our frequency

My guys pick that year sha
400 m
700m kurecoin etc

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by HigherEd: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2019
Gerrard59:

Mind blogging figures. shocked

I'm happy for them and these are the richest companies in the future with owners being billionaires or at worst multimillionaires. When I read the funds poured into them, I can only think of the sector I invested. But then, I only invest in what I understand and unfortunately I don't understand the tech industry enough to be an investor.

Nonetheless, kudos to them.

Gerrard59 do you live within Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by castrokins(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2019
I need a small team of 5 techies in or around Calabar and Uyo. There are projects I have on paper but having the right team to work with has over the time blighted chances of progress.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by heskeyw(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2019
What of mankinde of naija loaded?
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Ugosample(m): 9:22am On Aug 08, 2019
proeast:
The South would have been a fairly developed middle income country if it were a nation without the North.
North instituted mediocrity and made it a national policy just because they can't compete with the South.
The whole country now continues to go in circles of confusion with huge potentials for greatness but very poor in reality.
SMH!!!

must northern folks are victims of their environs

We the South Failed them as well...

if we had made it our mission to pull them up and expose them BY FORCE of BY TRICK
they would not have been victims of the mind control of the Fulani hegemony and the religious leaders there.....

Education and Exposure is the key

The north has so much to offer in certain sectors
but that hegemony MUST BE broken first

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Venerable612(m): 9:26am On Aug 08, 2019
HigherEd:
*in no particular order.

Lalasticlala

Paystack was founded in 2015 by two 2015 graduates of Babcock. Akinlade and Ezra Olubi.

Flutterwave founded in 2016 by Iyionluwa Aboyeji a graduate of University of Waterloo at the age of 26.

Andela founded in 2014 by. Ian Carnevale, Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, Jeremy Johnson from 2U and Christina Sass.

Propertypro founded in 2013 Fikayo Ogundipe; Sulaiman Balogun; Oladapo Eludire; Oluwaseyi Ayeni

Farmcrowdy founded in 2016 by Onyeka Akumah
Ifeanyi Anazodo, Jimoh Maiyegun, Akindele Phillips
Tope Omotolani

please note that Iyionluwa who cofounded Andela in 2014 resigned two years later to establish flutterwave. However in late 2018 he stepped down as CEO of flutterwave also

Tolet.com.ng aka propertypro.ng

Nice thread.

Problem with all these startups is the copy cat ish. Nothing is really disruptive about their offering. They seem to be offering same value with little tweaks; when they can actually innovate and do something entirely different and offers greater value.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by KayCee92(m): 9:26am On Aug 08, 2019

Let's chat, but I hope you don't only talk politics because if you are business inclined you will be more active in the business and investment section of nairaland but that is not the case when I checked your profile. I already sent you a pm.
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by HigherEd: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2019
maybachmusic:

Same issues I had when I missed out on millions of dollars in the ICO space in 2017

The little team I brought together. Lazy lot undecided

Mehn 2017 the easiest year to become a naira billionaire in crypto
If only I had a tight web developer friend then cry

Anyway boys are back to the board and we will get heard on due time.

This time all white team. Fully freelanced. No time for people who don't think on our frequency

Why does everyone complain about a lazy team grin
It's unfortunate though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by KayCee92(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2019
Why do you know almost everything in tech? I have some golden ideas, can I hookup with you for enlightenment

Let's discuss
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Studyinchina200(m): 9:31am On Aug 08, 2019
Yoruba people love anything tech hahaha

We no Dey carry last.
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by martineverest(m): 9:36am On Aug 08, 2019
the problem with nigerian startup firms is that they borrow money to start businesses.they spend more of that money beautifying their offices or shops to look like that of an established firms, leaving little money for Ultimum services or little money to stock their shop with goods

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Godwin2am(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2019
Raydos:
This country could have been among of the best countries in the world!!

But look, Look where we are Number one poorest country in the world SMH
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAL OF A START-UP THAT CAN RECONISE POVERTY GAP AND TURN IT INTO A VIBRANT LUCRATIVE BUSINESS
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2019
FuckThaMod:

What does it involve bro? I have a mad critical thinker and a developer friend that is having this same issue. I can link him to you

Website, app, softwares, store, gadgets and technologies

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by incredibleace(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2019
Venerable612:

Nice thread.

Problem with all these startups is the copy cat ish. Nothing is really disruptive about their offering. They seem to be offering same value with little tweaks; when they can actually innovate and do something entirely different and offers greater value.

Good artists copy, Great artists steal”

Pablo Picasso
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Emmyben433: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2019
Buypower.ng should on this lisf
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Gazzy88(m): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2019
ezenwajosh:

Awka
Abẹ́òkúta here
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by FuckThaMod: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2019
ezenwajosh:

Website, app, softwares, store and technologies
Okay, i can see already you are based in awka. I hope distance won't be a problem although my friend is from anambra state but based in Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Daviddson(m): 9:50am On Aug 08, 2019
And as usual, Nairaland is nowhere to be found.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Spallanzani: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2019
majamajic:

blind reader !!
Why are you pained you this ipob nonetity, he aired his opinion and you are pained. Is Yoruba not the tech giant of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 08, 2019
Daviddson:
And as usual, Nairaland is nowhere to be found.

The owner loves it this way

When I look at reddit and look at Nairaland

I shake head
Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by Focusmind: 9:58am On Aug 08, 2019
I like beautiful and clean offices. Start-up should focus more on developing long term capabilities and not beautiful workplace

As someone earlier mentioned, successful companies started from garage with tight expenditure control to reduce their operating costs.

Nigerian startup focus so much on acquiring beautiful offices and increasing head counts. Mainly to use it as a form of bragging right. When reality sets in, frustration and depression becomes inevitable. I saw when Jimmy Iyke opened his own with so much fanfare and yet the business is stuttering.

Please for the would be "start-uppers" and "disrupters", don't be moved by these fancy buildings. Beneath them lies huge business debt and unpaid salaries of huge head counts they have. Spend more time in developing your capabilities and up scaling your skills and knowledge.

I have started my own consultancy and designed a beautiful office in my own house where I am running the consultancy from.

If I post my picture from there, you would think that it is one big office

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices by TayehJiboluwa(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2019
Spallanzani:

Why are you pained you this ipob nonetity, he aired his opinion and you are pained. Is Yoruba not the tech giant of Nigeria.
Yorubas and Igbos are in the same spot in tech. Stop these divisive comments.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sylvia Nduaguba Chinwedu, IMSU Best Graduating Mechanical Engineering Student / Check Your JSCE Result Online / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.