Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49746 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 9:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

If BBC, CNN, FOX, NBC, MSNBC do not see him as a fraud, then he is definitely not a fraud. He has been vetted by these major news organizations.

Nairaland "scholars," do you feel that you all are more knowledgeable than these major news networks?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

are you trying to claim that news networks are infallible?

fox news  cheesy cheesy cheesy

more to the point when , did these news agencies cover him

i seem to remember some obscure time quote several years back

perhaps its because of racism they don't feature him anymore
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
Can the moderators lock this thread until the full investigation is done?
It will be so terrible to dirty up such a prestigious man's name like this. I hope you all know that foreigners also read NL.
So what if he's later found innocent? How do you all intend to clean up his name in your own ways?
We're talking about a man that is well know, amongst Africa's best.
Forget about his tribe, think about how this will affect you too.
I dont want any of my investors to look down on me because I'm Nigerian for God's sake.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by jason12345: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It will be so terrible to dirty up such a prestigious man's name like this. I hope you all know that foreigners also read NL.
So what if he's later found innocent? How do you all intend to clean up his name in your own ways?
I dont want any of my investors to look down on me because I'm Nigerian for God's sake.
nice one jare cheesy
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Impressive defense my dear. There is hope for you! Praise the Lord. I have noticed this amongst the black race. We like to bring each other down. The man has been vetted, yet some of these Nairaland "scholars" think they are more intelligent than this man. Frankly, some of these so called "scholars" do not even have a BS let alone a PH.D.

Foolish people. Until I see the scientific community condemn this man, he is innocent until proven guilty. You understand people?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19285.0.html and
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-177876.0.html

as before, i suggest you go through the entire thread

these links were posted at the first page of this thread  referencing the fact that this charlatan has already been discussed extensively by the notorious crab bucket bad belle jealousy pull hi down reverse racist nairalanders
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyb,

Not just one network has interviewed him. What do you have to say about BBC and CNN? They vet the people they interview.

The only people I hear calling him a fraud is NIGERIANS. Not Americans, not Europeans, not Asians, but Nigerians. Explain this discrepancy.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Jarus(m): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
Lock what? Something that has been in news not less than 5 years ago.
Businessday columnist, Iheduru, wrote about Emeagwali's fraudulent claims three weeks ago in his Businessday column. I'm highly surprised many people here are hearing about this on this thread/SR site for the first time.

The allegations need no further investigation. It is on whoever wants to disbelieve in it to opt so.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
Jarus:

Businessday columnist, Iheduru, wrote about Emeagwali's fraudulent claims three weeks ago in his Businessday column. I'm highly surprised many people here are hearing about this on this thread/SR site for the first time.

The allegations need no further investigation. It is on whoever wants to disbelieve in it to opt so.

oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-19285.0.html and
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-177876.0.html

as before, i suggest you go through the entire thread

these links were posted at the first page of this thread  referencing the fact that this charlatan has already been discussed extensively by the notorious crab bucket bad belle jealousy pull hi down reverse racist nairalanders

2006. . . . .2008. . . , 2010. . . . yet he's still doing his thing. So all these years, no one can still find him guilty?

When can we expect the next investigation to start? 2012? 2014? Point is, if you cant prove it. . . . continue the investigation quietly . But dont try to dirty up his image in the meanwhile if the proof aint there.

Like I said before, I'd keep quiet when I see that he's trully guilty. From what I'm seeing so far, 2006 and 2008 are just reaping themselves. People are still grabbing at straws.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
Jarus:

Jarus, I normally agree with many of your statements, but concerning this issue, I cannot.

No one in the Western World has come out against this man. Only Nigerians. Can you please explain this discrepancy? Normally, people in the West have no qualms with letting people know who is a fraud. Why would they allow this Black African man to walk around with such titles?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

oyb,

Not just one network has interviewed him. What do you have to say about BBC and CNN? They vet the people they interview.

The only people I hear calling him a fraud is NIGERIANS. Not Americans, not Europeans, not Asians, but Nigerians. Explain this discrepancy.

thy don't need to.  they have plenty of true home grown role models of their own. why bother about exposing some nigerian fraud when your kids have people like steve jobs, mark zukerberg ,bill gates etc etc etc to look up to?

instead of blathering go through the threads i posted. other people also looked up to him, but when they investigated, they found they were looking up the wrong pedestal.

do yo really think emegwali is the person you want your kids looking up to? a fellow who could not finish his phd, unsuccessfully sued his school, overinflated his achievements for people who don't know better , and who has nothing else to his ame other than a prize h shared with 9 people 20 years ago?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
guddsid:

Oboy you get time Oh ,  forget this thing , this guys no go gree  grin

I have all the time in the world, to wait for his reply concerning this discrepancy. If the rest of the world has no problem with him, why do some Nigerians?

Some are just trying to sully his good name.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Post

And I dont think anyone is castigating Phillip out of jealousy or tribalism.

There are people that want to get to the bottom of the truth, but they're doing it the wrong way.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 10:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyb:

thy don't need to.  they have plenty of true home grown role models of their own. why bother about exposing some nigerian fraud when your kids have people like steve jobs, mark zukerberg ,bill gates etc etc etc to look up to?

instead of blathering go through the threads i posted. other people also looked up to him, but when they investigated, they found they were looking up the wrong pedestal.

do yo really think emegwali is the person you want your kids looking up to? a fellow who could not finish his phd, unsuccessfully sued his school, overinflated his achievements for people who don't know better , and who has nothing else to his ame other than a prize h shared with 9 people 20 years ago?

You gave me an unsatisfactory statement. Cannot believe that was your rebuttal. I am not impressed.

Why should I waste my time reading the post of "Nairaland scholars" such as yourself? I want to read a scholarly article written by a non-Nigerian concerning this man.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyb:

see as his acolytes have learnt from him - just as he has done, they are posting pictures rather than papers

notice that most of teh critics are people of a technical bent, while most of the supporters seem to think this is some sort of hello! shoot, where they refute queries by posting pictures

i hope you lot don't think this is how you will eventually make your mark in the world  undecided undecided

lol, we have posted countless links for you .

have a look at this photo, it might give you more sleepless nights

bad belle

Emeagwali:  Voted History's 35th Greatest African

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Post

And I dont think anyone is castigating Phillip out of jealousy or tribalism.

There are people that want to get to the bottom of the truth, but they're doing it the wrong way.

Do not be so naive.

Nigerians are a very jealous and tribalistic people. No need to downplay that aspect about ourselves.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

You gave me an unsatisfactory statement. Cannot believe that was your rebuttal. I am not impressed.

Why should I waste my time reading the post of "Nairaland scholars" such as yourself? I want to read a scholarly article written by a non-Nigerian concerning this man.

They wont give you a link to one because it doesnt exist
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
guddsid:

my brotha i tried myself to let them know but it seemed like i was talking to coconut heads so i decided to leave them after i got a wise saying from a fellow Nairalander  grin

I cannot do that. The man is innocent until proven guilty in my eyes.

They cannot provide an article written by a non-Nigerian concerning this man. So I am still waiting.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

2006. . . . .2008. . . , 2010. . . . yet he's still doing his thing. So all these years, no one can still find him guilty?

When can we expect the next investigation to start? 2012? 2014? Point is, if you cant prove it. . . . continue the investigation quietly . But dont try to dirty up his image in the meanwhile if the proof aint there.

Like I said before, I'd keep quiet when I see that he's trully guilty. From what I'm seeing so far, 2006 and 2008 are just reaping themselves. People are still grabbing at straws.

sorry, what thing is he doing? populating a website with old articles adulating himself from 2006 to date and beyond?

who needs to challenge that?

it is only because we have people who seem to think he is someone to look up that we are talking.  

i wonder what the man has not seen to put up a statement on his website addressing the queries of all those jealous people out there
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

Do not be so naive.

Nigerians are a very jealous and tribalistic people. No need to downplay that aspect about ourselves.

I disagree.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

They wont give you a link to one because it doesnt exist

And that is the sad thing about this situation.

In the scientific world, people write scholarly articles about each others work. I have yet to read anything that would call into question his credentials.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ignorance is bliss. undecided
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Onlytruth(m): 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Post

And[size=14pt] I dont think anyone is castigating Phillip out of jealousy or tribalism.[/size]

Actually it is all about BOTH.

Notice that Ezeuche has been asking folks to produce an evidence that the man is a fraud and NONE came forth.

You underestimate the power of JEALOUSY. As Nigerians, it has been the single most debilitating factor since our independence, and explains quite clearly why this "controversy" is being fueled by ONLY NIGERIANS.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Actually it is all about BOTH.

Notice that Ezeuche has been asking folks to produce an evidence that the man is a fraud and NONE came forth.

You underestimate the power of JEALOUSY. As Nigerians, it has been the single most debilitating factor since our independence, and explains quite clearly why this "controversy" is being fueled by ONLY NIGERIANS.

Tell me this. . . . how can one group of people ready themselves to support another group if the other group is crying tribalism and jealousy? Won't they want to defend themselves too?

Look at jsaon1234, when he first came, wasn't he all about Yoruba and Igbo? I'm sure that he's opinion is beginning to change due to the level of "You jelos me, I ate you" going on all over NL.

Yes, there ARE people posting from jealousy/hate [cough bkbabe90 cough] , but not all. oyb/ibime are both computer intellects, so I understand their plight to try to get rid of this investigation or delve more into it.

Point is, you call can't continue to point jealousy fingers at people with different opinion.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Onlytruth(m): 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
To prove myself more, let me take a minimalist approach for a second.

There is NO WAY a fraud would win an award for best computer scientist at the University of Nigeria Nsukka. Absolutely no way.

So, even if Gordon Bell is not Nobel, he still won it. That other people won it  as well does not prove him a fraud.

Frankly, it is PAIN being a Nigerian.  angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke / Pictures And Videos Of The Dangote Refinery And Navy Fleet Review / Nigerian In Finland Speaks On Simon Ekpa's Arrest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.