Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49750 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Onlytruth(m): 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Tell me this. . . . how can one group of people ready themselves to support another group if the other group is crying tribalism and jealousy? Won't they want to defend themselves too?

Look at jsaon1234, when he first came, wasn't he all about Yoruba and Igbo? I'm sure that he's opinion is beginning to change due to the level of "You jelos me, I ate you" going on all over NL.

Yes, there ARE people posting from jealousy/hate [cough bkbabe90 cough] , but not all. oyb/ibime are both computer intellects, so I understand their plight to try to get rid of this investigation or delve more into it.

Point is, you call can't continue to point jealousy fingers at people with different opinion.

Okay, explain what is happening then. undecided undecided undecided

Do people feed through their anuses?

They can't even think anymore because of jealousy. undecided
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Post

And I dont think anyone is castigating Phillip out of jealousy or tribalism.

There are people that want to get to the[b] bottom of the truth,[/b] but they're doing it the wrong way.
The truth has already been established,the guy is just a parrot seeking attention.he is a regular thief !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Ibime(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
Who was it that posted that Emeagwali REFUTED Darcy's Law?

Is there any link to such claim on his website?

Emeagwali is not foolish enough to claim he refuted Darcys Law. Some people just dey type rubbish.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
guddsid:

I've come to understand that NL is all about tribalism . just to have fun and prove to you that guys here are bunch of weirdos , i can create a thread with the topic "SEE WHAT THESE IGBO PEOPLE ARE DOING " and i wouldn't type anything except a smiley face  , check the views in 3hrs time and you would find out that over 300 people have viewed the post . lol guys on Nairaland rush at igbos how a pack of wolves would rush at a rabbit lol  grin

Yeah, everyone hates the Ibos!

Just remember that the first two articles that, years ago, put doubts on Emegwali's claims were WRITTEN BY IBOS!

You guys are just too dumb and blindly tribalistic for yall own good!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2010
http://www.mombu.com/culture/zimbabwe/t-philip-emeagwali-exposed-2593537-last.html

just a forum - ad quote that apltly describes whats going on here

What is it about Nigerians and deception? They seem to have cornered the
market. Its sad to see that Emagwali is a fraud. Millions of blacks are
convinced that he is the smartest man in the world. I think people
justify exagerating black achievement in the belief that increasing
their self-confidence will cause a change in them and make them better.
The problem is that when you exagerate black achievements the real
effect is to convince blacks that they don't need to change.

Here are some examples of Emeagwali's self-promotion:

"The experience of being a child soldier in Africa's bloodiest warmade
me tougher than a Vietnam vet." cheesy cheesy

"First, I demonstrated that the original blueprint for the international
network only applies to a flat Earth and invented a global network that
applies to a round Earth. Second, the United States government
acknowledged that I used the NSFnet (precursor of the Internet) to break
the barriers of space and time. The latter was hailed as an NSFnet
"success story." Third, I developed the first personal Web site on the
NSFnet. Fourth, I contributed to the development of parallel processing
technology, which provides the horsepower that runs Web sites. Fifth, I
demonstrated the power of parallel computing, a technology that is now
accepted and is widely used on the Internet.

However, the most significant aspect of my contribution is that I worked
alone over a period of 27 years. As a result, I have won more prizes and
awards than any contemporary scientist who worked alone. As the
discoverer of penicillin, Sir Alexander Flemming, wrote, "It is the lone
worker who makes the first advance in a subject: The details may be
worked out by a team, but the prime idea is due to the enterprise,
thought and perception of an individual."

For the above reasons, I have been described as "one of the fathers of
the Internet," a phrase that recognizes that many people contributed to
the invention of the Internet. I agree and believe that any recognition
of an individual as "A Father of the Internet," should be qualified by
stating that the Internet has many fathers, mothers, uncles and aunts."

Here is an article exposing Emeagwali:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/philip_emeagwali

Philip Emeagwali

Philip Emeagwali (born 1954) is a Nigerian-born computer scientist who
was one of five winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell prize, a prize from the
IEEE, for his use of the Connection Machine supercomputer to help
analyse petroleum fields. He received 1000 USD for this award. He is
often featured in the popular press as a prominent African-American or
Nigerian scientist, and claims on his website to be the "World's Most
Searched-For Scientist", "Second Most Searched-For Nigerian", and
"Eighth Most Searched-For African". He has received numerous other
awards, ranging from one from the World Bank-IMF Africa Club to
recognition as one of "Essence magazine's ten most beautiful men".
Emeagwali heavily promotes himself as a speaker for conferences. A large
number of number of websites [1] [1] named after famous inventors and
other great achievers, particularly African ones, have been created to
promote Emeagwali. They feature brief biographies of them (copied
verbatim from sources such as Project Gutenberg public domain texts and
the World Book Encyclopedia), surrounded by many links to Emeagwali's
site. The large number of links to Emeagwali's main site also boosts the
prominence of it in search engines. The relevant domain name whois
records list Donita Brown, Emeagwali's wife, as the technical and
administrative contact.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by jason12345: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

Okay, explain what is happening then.  undecided undecided undecided

Do people feed through their anuses?  

They can't even think anymore because of jealousy.  undecided
sharrap there!!!! ode!
Ileke-IdI:

Tell me this. . . . how can one group of people ready themselves to support another group if the other group is crying tribalism and jealousy? Won't they want to defend themselves too?

Look at jsaon1234, when he first came, wasn't he all about Yoruba and Igbo? I'm sure that he's opinion is beginning to change due to the level of "You jelos me, I ate you" going on all over NL.

Yes, there ARE people posting from jealousy/hate  [cough bkbabe90 cough] , but not all. oyb/ibime are both computer intellects, so I understand their plight to try to get rid of this investigation or delve more into it.

Point is, you call can't continue to point jealousy fingers at people with different opinion.
sista mi, thank you jare!!! don't mind them smiley. i will never change my pro yoruba-igbo stance but sometimes when [b]some [/b]igbos scream marginalisation ( even though they did not produce a presidential candidate or when they eventually produce, they produce 60+ candidates. now, we are trying to get to the end of this saga, they are saying we are jealous, know full well of wole soyinka's prize and why are we going to be jealous of a fellow nigerian ) i feel i am just wasting my time. sad.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by mbulela: 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Can the moderators lock this thread until the full investigation is done?
It will be so terrible to dirty up such a prestigious man's name like this. I hope you all know that foreigners also read NL.
So what if he's later found innocent? How do you all intend to clean up his name in your own ways?
We're talking about a man that is well know, amongst Africa's best.
Forget about his tribe, think about how this will affect you too.
I dont want any of my investors to look down on me because I'm Nigerian for God's sake.

you remember the 'Nneka the thief 'thread recently.
goggle Nneka the singer and that thread comes up in the pile.
The internet is a funny place indeed.

But on another note, i found it distressing that a 'prominent' scientist like him has little or no publications available online.
Is he not peer-reviewed?
Is racism exclusive to him alone?

Having access to a license for SciFinder, a piece of software that allows one to see all published scientific work from every corner of the globe since the beginning of the 20th century, this writer did a search with the name "Emeagwali." Just four results were obtained, all in reference to the work of Dale Emeagwali, who happens to be Philip Emeagwali's wife, a scientist herself. What this means is that Philip Emeagwali has no published scientific work in peer-reviewed journals. Yet on his website, he is called the "greatest scientist of African descent."

something is truly fishy. I am still on the fence.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2010
guddsid:

I've come to understand that NL is all about tribalism . just to have fun and prove to you that guys here  are bunch of weirdos  , i can create a thread with the topic "SEE WHAT THESE IGBO PEOPLE ARE DOING " and i wouldn't type anything except a smiley face  , check the views in 3hrs time and you would find out that over 300 people have viewed the post . lol guys on Nairaland rush at igbos how a pack of wolves would rush at a rabbit lol  grin
Interesting ! So anybody that seems to question the profile/credentials of[b] mr[/b]philip is now a tribalist ? Lwkmd !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Interesting ! So anybody that seems to question the profile/credentials of[b] mr[/b]philip is now a tribalist ? Lwkmd !

The Oba of Jealousy I. how u dey jare? grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
goddam spam bot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3APhilip_Emeagwali/Archive_1

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DXK/is_22_16/ai_58614840/

posted but spambot ate em angry
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/emeag.html

Philip Emeagwali myths

This page briefly addresses some specific claims appearing on Emeagwali's self-promotional website and elsewhere. For a more in-depth discussion of Emeagwali's "outright lies, half-truths, and numerous unsubstantiated claims," see the article Self-Promotion and Self-Authentication: "Father of the Internet" by Chioma Ezeilo.
MYTH #1:
Emeagwali made the "world's fastest computation" in 1989

Each year since 1987, the judges for the annual Gordon Bell competition have given out multiple prizes for supercomputing applications, usually including one for performance (fastest speed), and one for price/performance (best speed/cost ratio; specifically, "price-performance ratio as measured in megaflop/s per dollar on a genuine application"wink.

Despite what you may have read on the Internet, the 1989 prize for the fastest performance was awarded not to Emeagwali, but to another entrant:

In the performance category, we awarded the prize to a team from Mobil Research and Development and Thinking Machines Corp. [, ] Their solution of a seismic data-processing problem ran at almost 6 Gflops on a CM-2 Connection Machine.

"Special Report: 1989 Gordon Bell Prize," IEEE Software, May 1990, p. 101

The winning speed of 6 Gflops was almost double that of Emeagwali's entry (3.1 Gflops, a speed that Emeagwali has repeatedly misrepresented as the "world's fastest"wink. The Mobil/TMC team achieved the best price-performance ratio too, but since no entry was allowed more than one prize, the price/performance award passed to Emeagwali (who also used a CM-2 Connection Machine) even though his score in that category was about 20% worse than the leading score:

We awarded the price/performance prize to Philip Emeagwali [, ] His model ran at a price/performance of slightly less than 400 Mflops per $1 million. While the Mobil/TMC team achieved almost 500 Mflops per $1 million, we decided to award only one prize per entry.

"Special Report: 1989 Gordon Bell Prize," IEEE Software, May 1990, p. 101

See the yearly results for the performance and price/performance categories. In no year did Emeagwali achieve what he claims he did.
MYTH #2:
Emeagwali won computing's equivalent of the Nobel Prize

In spite of efforts by Emeagwali and his admirers to hype up his $1000 Gordon Bell award as the "Nobel Prize" of computing, the rest of the computing world continues to associate that lofty label with the Turing Award, which Emeagwali has never won. The Gordon Bell prize, however, is just one of many other annual computing awards, respectable but not at all comparable to either the Nobel Prize or the Turing Award in prestige or prize money. Nor are the selection criteria analogous: Emeagwali was awarded for his performance in an annual competition, not in recognition of lasting contributions to his field.
MYTH #3:
Emeagwali is a "Father of the Internet"

1. Emeagwali's paternity claims to the Internet are judged and found baseless. Emeagwali has not shown any evidence that he was involved with ARPA or any other research organization or company connected with the genesis of the Internet, nor did he express his ideas in technical journals or any other channel through which he could have influenced the development of the Internet during its formative stages.

2. Is there a father of the Internet? A discussion of the main contenders: JCR Licklider, Bob Taylor, Paul Baran, Donald Davies, and Lawrence Roberts.
MYTH #4:
The "Connection Machine" was invented by Emeagwali

A few Web sources expand the fallacy that Emeagwali created the fastest computer program, insisting that he was also responsible for the massively parallel supercomputer on which the program ran. However, the 65,000-processor "Connection Machine" that allowed such speedy computations was actually the brainchild of Danny Hillis and was built by Thinking Machines Corporation, the company Hillis co-founded. The fact is extensively documented on the web and is so well established that I won't devote more attention to it.
MYTH #5:
Emeagwali has lots of patents or patent applications

The number of Emeagwali's patents or patent applications is sometimes claimed to be as high as 30. However, a search of the USPTO and esp@cenet patent databases (as of September 2003) reveals the true number to be zero. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which has a fully searchable online database for all U.S. patents since 1976 as well as all current applications, simply has nothing on file for Emeagwali.
MYTH #6:
"Dr." Emeagwali?

Emeagwali is frequently referred to on his own and other websites as "Dr. Philip Emeagwali" or simply "Dr. Emeagwali." Though he did in fact enroll in a PhD program at the University of Michigan, he did not get the degree after failing his qualification examinations twice and having his thesis rejected by a committee of faculty members. Emeagwali subsequently sued the university, alleging civil rights violations and racial discrimination. His case was dismissed without trial. When Emeagwali appealed to a higher court, a three-judge panel rejected his discrimination
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyb:

http://www.mombu.com/culture/zimbabwe/t-philip-emeagwali-exposed-2593537-last.html

just a forum - ad quote that apltly describes whats going on here

Here is an article exposing Emeagwali:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/philip_emeagwali

Philip Emeagwali

Philip Emeagwali (born 1954) is a Nigerian-born computer scientist who
was[b] one of five winners of the 1989 Gordon Bell prize,[/b] a prize from the
IEEE, for his use of the Connection Machine supercomputer to help
analyse petroleum fields. He received 1000 USD for this award. He is
often featured in the popular press as a prominent African-American or
Nigerian scientist, and claims on his website to be the "World's Most
Searched-For Scientist", "Second Most Searched-For Nigerian", and
"Eighth Most Searched-For African". He has received numerous other
awards, ranging from one from the World Bank-IMF Africa Club to
recognition as one of "Essence magazine's ten most beautiful men".
Emeagwali heavily promotes himself as a speaker for conferences. A large
number of number of websites [1] [1] named after famous inventors and
other great achievers, particularly African ones, have been created to
promote Emeagwali. They feature brief biographies of them (copied
verbatim from sources such as Project Gutenberg public domain texts and
the World Book Encyclopedia), surrounded by many links to Emeagwali's
site. The large number of links to Emeagwali's main site also boosts the
prominence of it in search engines. The relevant domain name whois
records list Donita Brown, Emeagwali's wife, as the technical and
administrative contact.
$1000   Lol.How does that 1000 dollar automatically becomes a NOBEL prize.is that not fraud ? Wetin dey worry this ibo boys sef ? Una no dey see una thief brother ?
chyz:

The Oba of Jealousy I. how u dey jare? grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Arysexy(m): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
i have said it many times on NL that the fear of igbo, biafra, ojukwu is d beginning of wisdom for some Yoruba bea.sts on this forum. immediately i saw Emeagwali's name, i knew that these tiger-whisker-faced sons of tribalistic Awolowo will invade this thread like bees, Alas my guess was as good as a prophesy, can u imagine how many views and how many pages still counting. May Amadioha fire all these tribalistic fo.ols that know how to play amala politics without contributing nothing to the development of this country.

The other day, someone posted something about jonathan eulogising anambrarian for their industrial zeal (while commisioning Innoson Auto plant @ nnewi), that thread was again invaded by these animals blaming jonathan for terming Anambra as the brain box of nigeria, and even went ahead to bring ekiti into the matter, can u imagine how tribalistic some mor.ons can be? Mehn i doff my hart for u yoriba cl.owns, u ppl are stil living in the era of 1960s. Am not suprised it was a yoriba witch  called prof  babalawo toyin behind these campaign of calumny against Emeagwali. u guys have a long way to go, mayb because u ppl neva leave ur villages to get exposed. foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.ls
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
Lock what? Something that has been in news not less than 5 years ago.
Businessday columnist, Iheduru, wrote about Emeagwali's fraudulent claims three weeks ago in his Businessday column. I'm highly surprised many people here are hearing about this on this thread/SR site for the first time.

The allegations need no further investigation. It is on whoever wants to disbelieve in it to opt so.

i believe most people are trying hard not to believe the allegations and then we have the defend my kinsman faction
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=534775.msg6974963#msg6974963

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3APhilip_Emeagwali/Archive_1

odd that people who are blathering about eracism have no problem with oyibo condemnation of  emegwali, but consider blak condemntion bad belle.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
the personality worship witnessed in this thread is sickening. 

someone must have dropped me in north korea
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
Arysexy:

i have said it many times on NL that the fear of igbo, biafra, ojukwu is d beginning of wisdom for some Yoruba bea.sts on this forum. immediately i saw Emeagwali's name, i knew that these tiger-whisker-faced sons of tribalistic Awolowo will invade this thread like bees, Alas my guess was as good as a prophesy, can u imagine how many views and how many pages still counting. May Amadioha fire all these tribalistic fo.ols that know how to play amala politics without contributing nothing to the development of this country.

The other day, someone posted something about jonathan eulogising anambrarian for their industrial zeal (while commisioning Innoson Auto plant @ nnewi), that thread was again invaded by these animals blaming jonathan for terming Anambra as the brain box of nigeria, and even went ahead to bring ekiti into the matter, can u imagine how tribalistic some mor.ons can be? Mehn i doff my hart for u yoriba cl.owns, u ppl are stil living in the era of 1960s. Am not suprised it was a yoriba witch  called prof  babalawo toyin behind these campaign of calumny against Emeagwali. u guys have a long way to go, mayb because u ppl neva leave your villages to get exposed. foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.ls

Fear of Igbo? You guys sound like some African American, woe is me, "White man is holding me down" types.

Fear of Igbo, indeed. More like fear of people associating me with Professor Phillip "Yahooze Yahooze" Emeagwali.

Seriously, get over yourself.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Abagworo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
Igbo achievers are usually disregarded by both the Nigerian state and non-Igbo Nigerians.Thay can go any length to discredit the Igboman's achievements.I implore Igbos never to relent in their hard work and zeal to succeed.Let us still forgive them for they know not what they do.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
It sickens me that this has been turned into some purported Igbo persecution thing. Why aren't you guys repping my good buddy from high school, an Igbo who went to Harvard and is now finishing his residency? Or my buddy who just finished his PhD in Bioengineering? There are SOOOO many talented Igbo people you could be repping. But instead you choose to pump up a fraud. It is an insult to those who are actually achieving honestly, without any lies or yahooze. I'm absolutely disgusted.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Well, as much as this disgusts me, it is good to know. If I ever commit some type of horrible crime here in the US, I can always move back to Nigeria and my countrymen will support me, no matter how much evidence there is against me.

Good to know.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Suggesting that scientists would ever bother to dispute Emeagwali's lies when they already know the truth can be compared to asserting that they need to address every quack who proposes a new cold fusion theory, herbal cancer cure, perpetual motion machine, or claims that Einstein's theories were really developed by a motley of different early 20th century German scientists, or that AIDS, SARS, and the ebola virus were created in a laboratory and is the height of absurdity, and suggesting that they need to be non-Nigerian is just as absurd.

I was going to eventually do a full rebuttal of every lie ever promulgated by this fraud but if the idiotic response I would get is that I was bashing his tribe, I won't even bother. People defending this clown should remember that on the biafranigeriaworld.com messageboard (the messageboard is down now though), the charlatan was struck down and exposed by hard core Igbo nationalists and Biafran advocates in a lengthy thread somewhat like this one, and in that case, as in this one, some delusional individuals continued to defend him.

Reputable scientists already know who Vinton Cerf, Bob Kahn, Tim Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau are. Computer scientists already know who Seymour Cray is. Nobodies on nairaland and scientifically illiterate people in Nigeria don't. That's the only factor here.

If I suddenly claimed that I developed the first working LEDs, and then people pointed to Nick Holonyak, or that I developed selective laser sintering and then people pointed to Carl Deckard, or that I developed all of the modern drug delivery systems and then people pointed to Robert Langer and Nicholas Peppas, I would be no different from Emeagwali.

Emeagwali is no better than John Hutchison, Aubrey de Grey, John Bedini, or the Bogdanovs. But I bet some dunce on here will come and claim that the contempt they arouse for their ludicrous claims is due to racism and persecution against white people by the racist Eastern media!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Ibime(m): 11:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ OYB,

The wikilink article you posted actually lends credence to Emeagwalis position.

BTW, I find it weird that someone who has several degrees and Masters in Mathematics and other scientific disciplines would struggle to pass entrance exams for a doctorate in Civil Engineering. I would hazard a guess that a lot of work in any Civil Engineering PHD will involve a lot of Finite Element Analysis and I don't see any Mathematician struggling with that. I can only hazard a guess that Emeagwalis failure to make a way in Civil Engineering would have been due to external factors.

Besides, I find it funny that Emeagwali has the capability to remodel Navier Stokes equations for given Petroleum Reservoir problems, discretize these equations using his own assumptions, apply appropriate boundary conditions and time-differential solutions, model his own Governing PDEs for high Reynolds flow, set up the parallel computing process to solve these equations, win a prize for all this work. . . and still fail to earn his PHD.

He must have been a really eccentric character who likes to do things his own way cos the ability to do all those things I've listed should guarantee one a PHD today. Maybe I'm just naïve cos I've never done a PHD, but probably not. There's something fishy here.

And BTW, Emeagwali may be guilty of blowing his trumpet too loud but he cannot be a total novice.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Genius100: 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
Anybody defending Emeagwali here is a crass . It is CRYSTAL CLEAR to the objective person that Emegwali GROSSLY EXAGGERATED his achievements. He has been exposed by various outlets and he is a disgrace to Nigeria. Nigeria's reputation continues to suffer because of this clown yet some tribal bigots are here shouting rubbish. If we want a Nigerian hero, let's find a legitimate one, so we do not continue to bury our head in the sand. Enough of this rubbish. BTW Gabriel Oyibo is also a fraud.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/337517_eme5_jpga1b25719a01edd170c95064e03f6be47

Does he have a shaving stick or clipper?. His beards look like fakes tho.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by loma(m): 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Soldiers Treat A Civilian Like An Animal In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Chidiogo Akunyili & Andrew David Parr In Nigeria For Wedding (Traditional, White / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.