Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,675 members, 7,959,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . (36331 Views)

Mercy Aigbe & Hubby Stepout In Style (photos) / Mercy Aigbe Shows Off New Blonde Look - Ladies Who Can Bet This? / Nollywood Actress Mercy Aigbe Looks Fierce In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Seekers(m): 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
And according to wat she said,she had d guy's 1st boy wit 4gels already, can u see now dat gels re more dan guys.if dat boy won marry n he marry one,d remainin 3gels nko?no prob wit havin more but no1 woman want so but ve no choice, ROGer daT
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Skidoc(m): 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2010
Seekers:

And according to wat she said,she had d guy's 1st boy wit 4gels already, can u see now dat gels re more dan guys.if dat boy won marry n he marry one,d remainin 3gels nko?no prob wit havin more but no1 woman want so but ve no choice, ROGer daT

Hehehehe Very funny.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by goldboy(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
This new movie will sell ooo;; , title /// WHAT GOD-FATE HAS JOINED TOGETHER, abi e too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG1!!! I tire for
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2010
Falling in love witrh another woman's husband. angry sad shocked

Do unto others what you will have them to you.

To those ladies supporting her, get married first and see how easy the thought of your hubby having a girlfirend feels. Not to talk of a second wife that goes on to give birth to the only son. Common we are all human.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by konami001: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
Seriously many nairalanders need to get a life, This is an adult we are talking about here, if she is married as a 3rd wife, 4th wife or as the nth wife, this is her choice, we all have reasons for doing what we do, you cannot tell me that this her husband is the first man she has had in her life, there have probably been others, but she chose him, please learn to live with that, MANY OF YOU CAN HARDLY RUN YOUR OWN LIVES, and now you think you know whats best for another human being, who through her intelligence is  PROBABLY doing better in this material life than you, OK! THAT IS WHY YOU ARE ALL SO JEALOUS, OK!

Those calling her peacok legs should please post their pictures here so we can judge, instead of hiding behind the computer and uttering whatever comes first from that backward brain of yours without thinking, BEAUTY is subjective, you really have nada right to say whats beautiful or not, except just to say you like it or not, Gosh, why did many of you ever go to school? Now you have saturated the academic world with empty heads, big brains, zero content,

Mercy dear, please keep on doing your thing, if you listened to anyone's advise, remember its you that will suffer the consequences, Of course everything here is IMO,
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Theblessed(f): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2010
George_D:

theblessed,

you'd do well toning down on your anger. contrary to what you think, there a lot of way lot many people here that can do something about your screaming posts. besides 'helping' you modify them (without your consent) they can equally deny you the opportunity of posting any thing at all - even a font as small as one pixel! have you ever logged on to your beloved nairaland eager to reply to a post only to see one small red box at the top of the page saying "theblessed, you have lost your posting privileges: reason, for posting a message that appears to be sp*am. if this is a mistake we are sorry about this" ? then you go along for about a whole week unable to post anything only to read other member's contributions until your posting privileges are restored?

i'm sure you understand what i'm trying to say in many words? bottomline, relax!

[b][size=18pt]So, what you'd just written above had once happened to you, hasn't it? Good, then!

Because of your nasty misbehaviour on innocent people here, you got punished by restricting your posts, that's fair! I wish they do so a lot more to trouble makers like and your kind on here.  

A least, that would make you and your kind think a bit but I don't think it would completely eradicate that 'bulling and threatening' attitude in you lot else, you won't be here attacking someone who had been minding her own business and done you no wrong - can you now see, it's your problem, not mine.

I come on here just as everyone does, minding my own business and, do my thing.  Commenting on things I find interesting just as everyone does - so what's the 'HECK'

You see, you got the problem, I wrote the essay, I chose my font size, I chose the colour I want it to carry, I designed and decorated it the way I want it because, that's my style - not yours.  Gorit!!!

We all have choices so, go make yours and stop nursing petty jealousies about people you DO NOT KNOW!   

Look, you are here implying that I get banned and for what reasons, I ask?? Why? Because, I wrote my essays using my own choice of colour and font size, that's all!  So, I should be banned

Hmmmm! Smells, jealousy, jealousy, jealousy and jealousy, can't you smell it? If you can't read my work, just PASSSSSSSS! That's a civil behaviour, don't you reckon

Obviously, if Nairaland bans me, that would make you and your kind on here a bit happy wouldn't it? Well, Nairaland has got intelligent people monitoring everything, everyone does here and they won't appease you and your kind on here so, BAAAACCCCKKKK OOOOFFFF!

And let me tell you, for 3 reasons you will be defeated:

a) You are an insinuator, a trouble maker and a jealous git - your petty jealousy won't get you anywhere, gorit!!

b) I have not done any thing wrong or extra ordinary warranting banning on here and I challenge you to point at it!!!

c) When on here I mind my own business even on the face of provocations from GITS, like you.

So now, go get a 'Life' and shut up for ever!!!! Tell your kind also!

You shot me first, then wait to be splaaaaaaaaaashed!
[/size][/b]
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by dobodobo(m): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2010
she should be expecting Genevieve as 3rd wife and maybe Shola weird MC as forth wife

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by skfa1: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2010
Crazy Cold World cool
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Theblessed(f): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2010
ladej:

God bless you

[size=18pt]And you too now, you finally realised you gone beyond your boundaries![/size]
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by kokoye(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2010
na wah.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by kokoye(m): 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2010
I pity some husbands / households.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by bawomolo(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2010
goodness take it easy on your keyboard.

aysometin:

To those ladies supporting her, get married first and see how easy the thought of your hubby having a girlfirend feels. Not to talk of a second wife that goes on to give birth to the only son. Common we are all human.

i agree. mzdarkskin sounds a bit naive. i wonder how she would feel if her boyfriend marries another women while leaving her in the states.  one big happy family right? one beautiful/creepy thing about polygamous households is that the men have mistresses along with their WIVES. 

it's a mess to watch and lets not talk about inheritance tussles. 

His mother being a Cameroonian woman wants all of her sons to uphold the tradition how can i fight that with respect to her and my love for her son?

goodluck marrying into a traditional family. don't get a male child and watch them bring new wife from village  cheesy
you seem to have settled. good for you
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by GNBohr: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2010
I ponder a lot on issues of relationships and family that I am always careful to castigate other people choices in matters of co-habitation.

Polygamy is a way of life in both its crudest form as practised in some cultures in Asia and Africa and in its semi form as practised in other cultures of Europe and North America.

It is a procreational reality that women are more in population than men, while that is not the reason form institution of polygamy or polyandry (a culture that is still existing today, though many will want to deny it.)

The question is why would women who ordinarily do not subscribed to sharing husband end up marrying married men to become co-wives? If you could answer this poser, then your ache about Mercy's marriage to a married man would disappear.

What many dont realise is that almost all human beings are polygamous at one stage or another of our life. If you understand what polygamous truly is. Polygamous is "having more than one mate at a time; used of relationships and individuals"

Many who are castigating if not all have practised polygamy, either by dating more than one lady or guy at a time or sleeping with more than one mate at a time in this boyfriend-girlfriend relationships.

In the society of western hemisphere, their polygamic practice is about remarring over time in a life time such that a woman or man will be in fifth or tenth marriage having divorced previous ones. This is a loose practice of polygamy (the semi form).

Am sure some nairalanders who are now more europeanised or americanised would not see anything wrong in such re-marriage practice. All they condemn is one Mercy being married to a rich married guy and insinuation that she married him because he is rich. There are many poor polygamous families and even more than rich polygamous ones in Africa and Asia.

What is one man's meat is another's poison. The first wife couldn't have been able to stop the marriage irrespective of her opinions or objections, her only choice is to leave her husband. The painful truth is in matters of polygamy, it is the man who decides not theoly woman.

So if you are to condemn anyone, it has to be the man. Of course, women have choices to accept or not, the painful reality is women always accept. It takes two to tango. Polygamy is part of human being, no matter how it is practised. Once you have children from more than one spouse you are already in polygamy, once you have more than one boyfriend you are practising a lesser form of polygamy, once you are re married you are in semi polygamous relationship.

So hold your hating for the poor lady, I pray she gets her happiness there. Note also that polygamy has nothing to do with religion. Many christian families are polygamous as we have seen in muslim or traditional religious homes.

Please be informed and do not carry your personal sentiments too far.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Bintu16: 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2010
is it a crime to be a 2nd wife?
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by tunnytox(m): 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2010
Monogamy is a Westerner's idea which emanates from their believe in Xtianity, unfortunately most of these Westerners are no longer Xtians but still uses this issue of Monogamy to promotes women liberation even when its obvious to them that it does not work for some people.
As far as I am concerned whilst i will never marry 2 wives myself for personal reasons I will never condemn people who does out of either their religion believe (Moslems, Atheists, etc) or personal conviction. The fact is that many modern day femnists especially some Nigerian ladies too who are priviledge to live in Western Countries will always see Polygamy as indication of Women subjugation. For those of you who believes this lady is a home breaker, home wrecker etc, I will say to you get a life and stop believeing that everyone must buy your own idea of how a realtionship must be.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by kokoye(m): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2010
Bintu16:

is it a crime to be a 2nd wife?

In this day and age. Yes it is.

Go find urs.

If you become a 2nd wife, you have automtically created enemies for yourself and your children without knowing it.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by tunnytox(m): 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
kokoye:

Go find urs.

If you become a 2nd wife, you have automtically create enemies for yourself and your children without knowing it.

No it is NOT
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by kemisuga(f): 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
Some gurls are very good at crucifying anoda without checking out themselves first.

It is her destiny to be a 2nd wife. Whoever is not please with it should go and hug a burning tanker. tongue
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by no1madman(m): 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2010
^^Nor b only destiny,na density. . . .
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by bawomolo(m): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2010
kemisuga:

Some gurls are very good at crucifying anoda without checking out themselves first.

It is her destiny to be a 2nd wife. Whoever is not please with it should go and hug a burning tanker. tongue

destiny, God's fate to be a 2nd wife? that's one strange destiny.

kokoye:

Go find urs.

If you become a 2nd wife, you have automtically create enemies for yourself and your children without knowing it.

true
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2010
bawomolo:

destiny, God's fate to be a 2nd wife? that's one strange destiny.

true

Lol.

Dr Know:

To all of you condemning this lovely lady who has found love and blessed with a baby boy; you are all hypocrites from bleeding polygamous homes whose mothers are third or fourth wives. You should have rebuked your mothers first before all these tirades against Mercy. How many of you have been dating married men for years with series of abortions and wrecked marriages without getting hooked. You should first criticise the african culture that allows polygamy before blaming the innocent woman

Dr. olodo. grin
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by spikedcylinder: 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2010
This is getting filthy. Some people are actually ok with this?
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by beey2(m): 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
the west preaches monogamy but practise divorce. they have more single parents over there.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by googles: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2010
Shior. . .Why do pple put their nastiness on fate, destiny,satan and God ?

wat kind of messed up fate leads you to a married man's bed? by the time the first wife starts dealing with her she will forget her son's name
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by tunnytox(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
bee-y:

the west preaches monogamy but practise divorce. they have more single parents over there.

My thought exactly monogamy is not even working in the west and their idea of women on top all the time coated with equality bullshit is destroying family life, Imagine my neighbour here a very friendly lady married to a very cool headed family man (you would have thought they had a very good relationship) but few months ago the wife sent the man packing, her excuse is that the man don't help her enough in doing house chores! This woman doesn't work but her husband is working and I've seen him many times trying his best for his 2 beautiful girls and wife but a typical western orientated woman will never be satisfied, its a me me me me attitude and that's why many of them end up alone and miserable toward the end of their lifes.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Konjour(m): 6:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
tunnytox:

My thought exactly monogamy is not even working in the west and their idea of women on top all the time coated with equality bullshit is destroying family life, Imagine my neighbour here a very friendly lady married to a very cool headed family man (you would have thought they had a very good relationship) but few months ago the wife sent the man packing, her excuse is that the man don't help her enough in doing house chores! This woman doesn't work but her husband is working and I've seen him many times trying his best for his 2 beautiful girls and wife but a typical western orientated woman will never be satisfied, its a me me me me attitude and that's why many of them end up alone and miserable toward the end of their lifes.

But westerners or whatever they are termed as never cease to amaze me. I'm not a male chauvinist,and i don't support men doing so either;but i couldn't stop laughing here at the mere thought of having my fiancee or wife sending me packing out! and if i don't want to comply to her wishes,i'd comply with the police's, grin grin grin grin
And afterall,the reason for my eviction from my house: i don't help her out enough in doing house chores. grin grin grin grin LWKMDFHO What else won't be seen in these lands. The next thing i might not have heard is that the wife would warn the man never to step into that house again or else she'd shoot him and the police would never find his corpse! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by SSaemoenl(m): 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2010
Male child abi lipsrsealed
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Kunbee: 11:11pm On Oct 21, 2010
Mercy you mess up o
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by bawomolo(m): 3:29am On Oct 22, 2010
we would see how she feels when a new wife or mistress pops up (which always happens)
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 22, 2010
Missy ★ B:

The important thing is the 'stolen' husband and how the Known wife feels about it.
Would I be right to say you defend polygamy because your boyfriend is likely to become polygamous and, since you 'Love' him and wouldn't want to leave, you've accepted it because of the ''I have no choice' mentality.

It's about time women began to know their worth. If it's not what you want, you musn't settle for it.

Mukina -  I warn you. Do not modify the thread title. I send you? undecided

Actually as I stated my man does not have a desire to have another wife/ other wives however I am a woman who believes in being realistic. I cannot predict the future and if push comes to shove I will cross that bridge accordingly. Also prior to my meeting him I have always supported the idea of polygamy because I do believe that the idea of "monogamy" is a western invention. While I am human more specifically of the female sex, most naturally jealousy will be part of it but such is life. Both yours and my ancestors practiced this resulting in generations that would give life to us both so to "scorn" the idea is indeed ironic. If that is not your cup of tea then so be it but do not insult those who do not find it to be as appalling as you do. My opinion/ view points still stand and I do respect yours as well but fact and opinions are two different things. . .no need to carry on.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by tpiah: 4:21am On Oct 22, 2010
Both yours and my ancestors practiced this resulting in generations that would give life to us both so to "scorn" the idea is indeed ironic.

our ancestors practiced a lot of things including the slave trade and human sacrifice.

one has to go with the good and get rid of the bad.

however, it pays the west for africa and blacks in general to remain as they are.

not being born doesnt necessarily have to be seen as a calamity.

His mother being a Cameroonian woman wants all of her sons to uphold the tradition how can i fight that with respect to her and my love for her son?

your love for her son doesnt mean the other women will be happy to see you there. Meaning after you welcome the new wife, she can scheme you out if she doesnt share your views on polygamy. Or even if she does.

you think it's a game.
Re: Mercy Aigbe (Actress) - Being A Second Wife Was Never My Dream, But . . . by tellbiodun(f): 4:24am On Oct 22, 2010
Seriously i'm at a loss of what to type.  Nairalanders, the pain has never left my heart watching my mum cry so many years ago because my dad decided to pick wife no 2 cos she was already pregnant.  I wasn't even even up to ten then and now i'm in my early thirties and yet each time i remember it, i start sobbing afresh. The disaster that single decision brought on the family cannot be quantified.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sunny Ade Takes Over The Wheel From DJ Jimmy Jatt At Dangote's Party / "I Am Done Having Babies" - Annie Idibia Says As She Gushes Over A Baby / Kemi Olunloyo Blames Simi For Naira Marley’s Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.