₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,317,021 members, 5,106,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2019 at 07:25 PM

Ocean Of Secrets - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ocean Of Secrets (714 Views)

Matrimony Of Secrets / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 1:33am On Aug 12
Hi guys, this is my first post on Nairaland. I wrote this last year. Though it's still undergoing major editing surgery, I thought to share this with you.

Please note, I'm not a perfect writer. So don't judge too harshly.

Thanks.

OCEAN OF SECRETS

Jeremiah 17:9 KJV
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Chapter 1
She looked up and met the creases in the forehead of her caregiver. The poor woman thought she was angry with her. She wasn't. She was just out to get through to her son. If he thought he was stubborn, she would show him where he got it from.
”Mummy, please you've not eaten for two days. Please you have to take your drugs. ”, the young woman pleaded.
”I'm not eating. ", she replied doggedly. Her caregiver threw her hands up in exasperation and left the room, obviously headed to call Bámidélé.
Good. Step one accomplished.
She stood up slowly, weak from not eating for two days. She heard a nice, melodious giggle coming from outside. She shuffled to the window and saw a young lady on the phone talking and laughing. She found herself smiling. The girl's aura was contagious. She was probably the new tenant. A thought flickered in her mind - she'd be good for Bámidélé, if she didn't have a boyfriend. She looked at the girl once more. One thing was sure; she was beautiful and quite voluptuous. The jeans she wore clung to her hips and bottom like a second skin and though she wore a baggy sweater, there was no mistaking she had ample bosom. She also had childbearing hips.
Good. Definitely, Bámidélé would be as virile as his father was and in no time I'd be bouncing my grandchildren on my knees.
She turned away from the window and sat on the nearest sofa. She sighed and tears rolled down her cheek. Grandchildren, those were the only thing Bámidélé hadn't given her yet. He was the perfect son, excelling academically, winning scholarships and providing for her.
She smiled as she remembered the day he made her that promise, after her husband had thrown her out of his house and life with their five year old son. She remembered his little hands that wiped her tears from her face, and his brave voice that promised that she wouldn't cry again. He was so brave at that age, not crying even when the only father he knew called him a bastard and his mother a ten kobo prostitute, he never cried even with the hunger and suffering.
She sobbed as she remembered her husband. He was her first love. He was a youth corper and she was an SS3 student. Everyone told her he only wanted to sample a young virgin as most corpers and university students were experienced and could see through all his lies. She ignored them and eloped with him. He was true to her and she felt like sticking out her tongue to everyone who told her he wasn't genuine. She had wanted to study liguistics but he said he preferred if she was a teacher, so she could have time for him and their children. She was blinded by love so she forewent her admission into the University of Reefs in Lagos, one of the best universities in the country and opted for a College of Education. He never touched her all the while she lived with him until the night of their registry wedding when she was in her second year in the College of Education and she respected him for that. It was all rosy until one day. She shivered with sobs as she remembered that dreadful day.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 2:18am On Aug 12
������������
It was a few days till her husband, Jolá came back from his trip to the capital. She longed for him. He had been gone for two months and though he called her every night, it wasn't like having him around and being in his strong and loving arms.

Folá, his twin brother was besotted with her. He had made passes and innuendos even when her husband was present. She always felt irritated and annoyed but her husband told her it was Fola's nature. She was a woman and she knew the look in his eyes when he spoke, she knew he was serious but her husband always shushed her and said his brother would never do anything to her.

That night she had dropped Délé off at her in-law's house. She sat on the sofa in sitting room reading the new literature text she had to treat in class with her students. She heard the doorbell ring and she went to see who it was. She asked who it was and the caller said “It’s me, sugar!". Her heart got giddy as she heard her husband's voice. She excitedly opened the door only to see the menacing and dreaded eyes of her brother- in - law.

Her husband and his brother were photocopies of each other, with the same look and appearance and even the same voice. The only difference between her husband and his brother was their eyes. Jolá's eyes were like stars, shimmering with calmness and peace, whereas Folá's eyes were like brimstone, dull and dangerous. She regretted her decision immediately.

He ravished her with his eyes, licking his lips like a lion looking at a fleshy gazelle. She hated the fact she wore only a tank top and shorts that put her thighs on display. She tremored in fear. She, in reflex, quickly shoved the door in his face. But he was stronger and pushed back. She fell due to the impact. He entered and tsked and he locked the door.

"Is that how to treat your brother-in-law?", he asked mockingly.
“What do you want?” she inquired in fear as she crawled backwards slowly. She looked at his eyes and was afraid as they held the answer.
“You. ", he answered huskily, obviously aroused.

She mustered up strength from the depths of her soul and got up and tried to run but he caught her and shoved her against the nearest wall. A sob escaped her lips just before his lips came crashing down on hers. His hands were everywhere and she instinctively grabbed a picture frame from the table beside them and hit it on his head.

“Bitch!", he swore and held his head in pain. She tried to escape but he was quicker and he pulled her back and back handed her. She kicked him in the groin and he groaned in pain. She tried to run again but he pulled her back and punched her twice in the stomach. She fell in pain. She tried to scream for help, hoping her neighbours were around. He slapped her twice and she whimpered in pain.

"Please", she begged appealing to his sense of humanity.
He ignored her and pressed savage, disgusting kisses to her body. His hands went lower and undid her shorts. He took advantage of her weakness and she cried throughout it all. When he was through he carried her to her matrimonial bed and resumed his acts of desecration. She cried harder as she felt impure on their matrimonial bed.

Will Jolá ever forgive me?
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 2:25am On Aug 12
Please let me know what you think
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 7:43am On Aug 12
After he ravished her over and over again, he made sure she didn't leave him. She cried herself to sleep, only to be awoken by the roar of her husband's voice. She felt disgusting and like scum. She watched in tears as her husband hauled his brother from the bed and started beating him to pulp. Folá raised the defense that he was seduced. Her head spun in disbelief. Her disbelief grew as she realized her husband believed him.

Two days later, he threw her out. Bámidélé became her stay and he made her proud and wiped away most of her tears like he promised but he refused to give her the one thing her bones yearned for.

���������

She had wanted a lot of children but she was blessed with only Bámidélé after several miscarriages. She was grateful for him and believed the children she couldn't have he'd give her. But he hadn't.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

He sighed as he undid his tie. It was just few minutes to three o'clock and he was feeling so tired. He had had three consecutive meetings with investors and they were all successful. He sank into his swivel chair, grateful for its comfort. He made a mental note to get someone to change the chairs in the conference rooms.
He smiled as he saw the picture of his mother on his table. He loved her to a fault. And why wouldn't he? She was his strength, his source of happiness, the sunshine in his dreary life. She had sacrificed all for him and he swore to erase all her pain. She deserved it, especially after what his scum of a father did to her.
His jaws clenched as he remembered that cool October evening. He forced himself to erase the murderous thoughts he had towards his father. He had vowed never to love like his mother did. Love left her shattered, love didn't fight for her, love disdained her and humiliated her. And the worst part was that it never left her, she still loved him. Even when better men came, like his adopted father, she rejected them in the name of love.

He sighed and his thoughts flashed to Nenye, the love of his life. How he fell in love with her was a mystery. Nenye made him realise what true love was. He understood how love could make one a fool, how it could mess up one's brains and thinking faculties. He picked up his phone, with a grin on his face, wanting to call his girlfriend when he saw twenty-four missed calls from his mother's caregiver. His heart raced and a billion and one thoughts danced in his mind as he quickly returned her calls.

”Hello sir!", the caregiver greeted in a cocktail of panic, concern and fear.

"Hello, I missed your calls. Is my mum alright?", he asked on the verge of fear. The first time he was so afraid was when his mum had her first heart attack two years ago. He had never felt so helpless and confused. It was like he was plunged into darkness. He prayed to God she was OK.

" Sir, mummy has refused to eat anything. I've been begging her to eat, since she hasn't eaten for two days but she is resolved that she won't eat anything. I don't know what to do.", she explained.

His panic reduced momentarily then shot through the roof.

Why didn't she want to eat? Was she sick?

"I'll be there in a jiffy.", he said.

In the space of his next diastole and systole, he picked up his jacket, car keys and his satchel and informed his secretary to free his schedule for the day and the following two days. He left the office as if he was being chased by the entire host of hell. He drove to their house in panic. Upon reaching the house he parked haphazardly leaving the security personnel wondering what on earth was wrong with the cool, calm and collected man in flat 301.

He took the steps two by two in a hurry to meet his mum. He was still thinking of her when he bumped into someone who was in a hurry to leave.

" God!", he cried out as her head met his lips in full force.
[color=#006600][/color]

She groaned and apologized in pain. He looked at her holding her forehead and grunted his acceptance and left. He licked his lip to numb the pain and groaned at the taste of blood. He unlocked the door and rushed to meet his mother. He shouted the caregiver's name and she materialised from one of the rooms.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 7:46am On Aug 12
I hope you enjoy it. But I'm sorry but if there are no comments by evening, I'll delete this thread.
Sorry for the threat.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by Sensitivity1254: 7:59am On Aug 12
Lolz..

Issuing threats... If you want to update your story, do and if you don't want, all good
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 7:40pm On Aug 12
Sensitivity1254:
Lolz..

Issuing threats... If you want to update your story, do and if you don't want, all good

Sorry, this is totally new for me. If I'm not getting any feedback, I feel like there's no point.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 7:49pm On Aug 12
This is my leap of faith, guys. A character from a movie I love said La foi peut déplacer des montagnes. I'm really hoping it's true.

Here goes nothing.

"Why didn't you tell me she had not eaten yesterday?", he asked on the verge of anger.

"Sir, she begged me to let her fast for two days. She said she wanted to pray for you. I let her and she has refused to break since morning.", she explained afraid.

He sighed and hoped she was not intending to fast for seven days. He remembered she'd fast for months when he was younger for his success and her prayers had worked miracles for him. She also prayed and fasted for her husband to come back. But that was one prayer he knew God had no intention of answering.

He sighed and muttered, " Where is she?"

The middle-aged woman nodded and led the way to the sitting room where his mother sat weakly on a sofa, hitting her thighs together. She was hungry. She did that every night she had given him the last meal in the house. She would smile as she watched him eat. When he was younger he didn't know what it meant so he'd eat till his heart's content.

Whenever he asked her why she did that, she would say it was natural, something all mother's did. It was until he got into secondary school he understood and when he saw her hitting her thighs together, he'd stop eating and beg her to eat the rest of the food.
She closed her eyes so she didn't notice when he crouched in front of her. She raised her head only when he kissed her hands. She smiled and ran her hand through his hair and muttered his eulogy. He smiled and kissed her hand again and held it in his. He could see right through her. She always did that when she didn't want him to see her pain or when she wanted to ask for something.

"Mrs. Ladipo, please excuse us", he ordered in an polite tone.

" Yes sir.", she answered and left.

"Mummy, what is it?", he asked in concern.

" Délé, how old are you? ", she inquired.

" God!", he groaned, realizing where the topic was headed. He couldn't believe he left everything just to come and face the one thing he didn't want to hear.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by Ann2012(f): 8:55pm On Aug 12
U don't have to delete the thread, just keep on with the updates, comments will flow.

Seat booked smiley
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by Babsopey(m): 10:01pm On Aug 12
millieademi:
I hope you enjoy it. But I'm sorry but if there are no comments by evening, I'll delete this thread.
Sorry for the threat.

Don't be discouraged. There are three types of people on nairaland (social media in general).
1. Guests, who will read and leave
2. Registered people, who would read and leave,.. And then
3. Registered people, who will read and eventually comment.

Truth is, it takes time for people to notice thread of unpopular folks, you'll have to earn it with many wonderful updates...

Believe me, when people start enjoying the story, they'll call on others....

So keep doing your thing, people will flow in, and of they don't, try to check 'why' and correct accordingly....

Well done!
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by ashatoda: 7:29am On Aug 13
This is going to be interesting. don't be discouraged about people's failure to comment now it will come gradually
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 8:53am On Aug 13
Babsopey:

Don't be discouraged. There are three types of people on nairaland (social media in general).
1. Guests, who will read and leave
2. Registered people, who would read and leave,.. And then
3. Registered people, who will read and eventually comment.

Truth is, it takes time for people to notice thread of unpopular folks, you'll have to earn it with many wonderful updates...

Believe me, when people start enjoying the story, they'll call on others....

So keep doing your thing, people will flow in, and of they don't, try to check 'why' and correct accordingly....

Well done!

Thank you so much
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 8:54am On Aug 13
ashatoda:
This is going to be interesting. don't be discouraged about people's failure to comment now it will come gradually

Thank you. I really appreciate this.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 9:00am On Aug 13
First off, I want to thank ashatoda and Babsopey. You guys rock. So here goes.

"Mum, not again!", he scoffed as he stood up

" Bámidélé, yes again.", she asserted., getting ready to prove to him she was his mother.

"I actually thought something was wrong." He paced the length of the room, mentally hitting himself for making her the centre of his world.

"Isn't something wrong?", she asked sitting on the edge of the sofa. " Bámidélé, in two years I'll be sixty. Sixty, Bámidélé! And you think nothing is wrong. It's an apocalypse. I don't have a single grandchild. Scratch that! You've never even brought a girl home to me. Not one! In the fifty eight years of my life and the thirty-two years of yours, not a single girl.", she ranted in sadness.

"Mum, I'm working..."

"Bámidélé, don't give me that crap. I get you have to work but I'm not asking for much. Everyday, I feel my heart grow weaker. I'm not getting any younger, you know. Even if it's one baby, one, Bámidélé, one and I'll be happy.", she cried softly.

His heart broke.

"Mum, I ....", he started.

She sniffled and interrupted him, " Bámidélé, I want you to settle down. I want to see my legacy before I die. I didn't want to do this but I need to see your girlfriend before the end of the month. If not I'll stay without food for everyday till I die. ", she threatened.

"Mum, you can't be serious.", he blurted out in disbelief.

" Ayobamidele Oluwaseun Dáramólá, I'm definitely as serious as death. If you don't have one, I'll gladly get one for you. But I mean it, the end of the month. ", she asserted and left him to his thoughts.

This was the most ludicrous ultimatum he had ever been given. He sighed as he thought of Nenye. They had only been dating for three months. It was too soon to ask her to meet his mum. Nenye was as free as the wind. She loved him but she was not ready for a diamond ring, meet the inlaws, and wedding IV kind of commitment. He'd just have to ask her to meet his mum and hope she'd say yes.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 9:05am On Aug 13
So things will be taking a rollercoaster turn now. We'll venture into the lives of two other couples. So let's try to be patient and not get confused.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
It was a pleasant Saturday afternoon. A perfect afternoon. It was going to be splendid. He leaned against his BMW waiting for her. He saw her approach him.

She was as sexy as the first night he saw her at a cocktail party. She had worn a red, mermaid gown that hugged her top hourglass figure. The neckline was a temptation and the red against her fair skin was enchanting. He had followed her with his eyes throughout the party till he decided to ask her for a dance. He remembered every detail like it had happened yesterday. Her luscious, burgundy colored lips, her primrose scented perfume and her bare neck and ears. He yearned to adorn them with some of the jewels his family mined for.

He snapped out of his reminiscence and admired the coral blue kimono styled blouse and the dark jeans she wore. He smiled as she sauntered to meet him.
Cupid had shot him hard and good.

She always found her way into his thoughts when she wasn't with him and when she was, it was as if time should stop. His smiled faded as he saw the frown on her face as she drew near. He cupped her face in his hand and asked her what was wrong. She removed his hands from her face as if he was disgusted by her touch and his heart wrenched in concern.

" Ina, what's wrong? Did I do something? ", he asked as he tried to touch her but she avoided his touch like he had some deadly disease.

"Ina what is it? Talk to me, please. ", he begged, desperate to know what made her detest him all of a sudden.

"Chris, we're done!", she dropped the bomb and his world became Hiroshima

"What?", he asked, his voice winning a timbre limbo.

" I do believe you heard me, Chris. We're done. It's over. I don't love you anymore. It's ended. Fin.", she clarified.

"Is this some sort of sick joke?", he asked, hoping she burst into laughter and make fun of his reaction. But instead of her husky laughter, he got a menacing scowl of revilement. It was so real and unadulterated, pure hatred.

Was this his Katrina?

"Forget we ever happened and I hope to erase all the terrible memories I have of the time I spent with you.", she added, pouring the granulated Lot's wife into his wounds.

She was about to walk away when he pulled her back. She might not love him anymore but he was owed an explanation.

" What went wrong?", he demanded.

"I got what I wanted.", she callously replied. "I dated the almighty Christopher Oduah. I hit my target and you fell, hook, line and sinker. I got the recognition I wanted. I climbed the social ladder and I don't need you anymore.", she answered without batting her lashes." It was disgusting, you know? Acting like I loved you, watching you fuss over me like you won the lottery was repulsive."

Hatred and anger erupted from his soul like magma from a volcano. He pushed her away and she fell. She didn't even falter. She stood up and dusted herself like the social climber she was.

" They were all right about you. I was so blind I didn't see it.", he muttered, hating himself. He walked away from her without looking at her. He got his car and drove off. When he got to the Independence Mainland Bridge, he parked his car and got down. He hated himself for being so stupid. He removed from his pocket a black, velvet cube and hurled it with all his might into the lagoon.

Damn her.

He got back into his car and sped away.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 9:31am On Aug 13
Chapter 2
He smiled as he watched Nenye and his mother get along swimmingly. He couldn't believe the two women he cherished were together and adored each other. He was relieved. He met his mum's deadline and got to see Nenye in his mother's niche and it was like putting a freshwater fish in freshwater.

She caught him staring at her from the corner of her eye and smiled. She felt honored he saw her serious enough to introduce her to his mother. The woman was an epitome of strength and wit. Her eyes held years of experience and she wanted to learn a lot. She listened attentively to all her stories.

He cringed as his mother shared stories of his childhood antics. Nenye was surprised when the woman told her Délé till he was thirteen could not sleep with the light turned off.

"So what would happen if there was no power supply?", Nenye asked in between guffaws.

"Well, I had rechargeable lamps and lanterns.", the woman explained giggling.

" Not so macho, huh?", Nenye teased him still laughing.

He groaned in embarrassment. "Did you have to tell her?", he asked frowning at his mother.

"What? She deserves to know.", she answered with a mischievous smile on her lips. " You know Nenye, I remember when he was three, he always wanted to be a girl after watching Sound of Music. So he would wear my dresses and tie my wrappers and twirl around and dance.", she mocked and Nenye burst into laughter and started singing Edelweiss at him.

"Ugh", he groaned and he left the sitting room.

" Common, Captain von Trapp, sing with me", Nenye called after him before sharing a laugh with his mother.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
"I had fun today.", Nenye announced as he parked the car a couple of blocks away from her house.

" I'm glad", he smiled.

"Thanks.", she said taking his hand in hers.

" For what? ", he asked.

" Taking me to see her."

He smiled and held her hand, "I should be thanking you. I thought you'd run the other way when I mentioned seeing my mum."

She giggled, "Actually, I was nervous and I wanted to say no but the pull is so strong, I ended up saying yes."

"I'm grateful then for the effect I have on you.", he boasted. She smiled and kissed him passionately and pulled away. He was left dazed and she flashed him a naughty smile.

" I believe I'm the one with an effect on you.", she gloated.

"Two can play that game, tease.", he sounded the war cry and pulled her in for a knee-buckling, insides-melting, mind-blowing kiss.

It took her a few seconds and fluttering her lashes to regain consciousness. " Point taken", was all she could say and he smiled in triumph.

"When will I see you again?", he asked as he caressed her cheek.

" I don't know. Dad didn't say how long he wants me to stay in Abuja. Can I see you tomorrow? At the airport? ", she muttered in sadness.

" Nenye, I don't like this. When will you tell your parents about us? I'm serious about you. If you were ever in doubt, today should have cleared all your doubts. I'm tired of hiding in the shadows like what we have is some illicit affair. I hate the fact I have to drop you off blocks away from your house. I hate that I never pick you up from your house. I hate that I can't drive you to the airport tomorrow. I feel as if I'm unworthy of your love.", he lamented.

A tear rolled down her cheek. "Délé, do you think I don't want to hold your hand and show you off to everybody? Délé, I love you. I just need you to be patient.", she consoled.

" Here we go again, Nenye.", he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Délé, don't do this to me. This isn't how I want to remember today.", she pleaded. " Give me time, Délé. I'll tell them. I promise. I'll swear on my life if you want me to.", she begged.

He saw the pain in her eyes and conceded, "There's no need to swear. I believe you. I just wish you'd tell them sooner."

"I promise I'll tell them before our monthsary", she vowed seriously. He smiled insincerely. She reached for his ticklish areas and tickled him.

" Nenye, stop.", he cried amidst laughter. She didn't heed his request and kept on at it till he captured her hands in his and gave her a doze of her own medicine. She laughed and pleaded for him to stop. He stopped after tormenting her for a while.

"Always know I love you", she declared as she panted for air.

" Me too.", he said and rested his forehead on hers.

So what do you think Nenye is hiding?
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by ashatoda: 9:14pm On Aug 13
I think nenye is double dating
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 10:21pm On Aug 13
ashatoda:
I think nenye is double dating

smiley Nice try but wrong
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 10:31pm On Aug 13
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Atinúké glared at her realtor and the caretaker of the building in disbelief.

You've got to be kidding me.

"I just moved in for crying out loud.", she shouted in anger. " I've paid the rent, agreement and commission ", she shouted again wanting to yank the men's heads from their necks.

How could he waltz into her apartment and tell her that she had to move out because the owner wanted to rent his property to his relative.

" We will refund all that. In fact, the landlord promised to refund what you spent on moving and every other expenses you incurred. We just need the apartment vacant before the end of the month.", the caretaker explained.

"And where am I supposed to get a new place between now and the end of the month?", she asked still flaring with anger.

" I have another apartment listed in...", the realtor started to chip in but kept quiet when she gave him a sour look.

Bloody alákòóbá. She hated his guts. Pigs would have to fly first before he'd touch my money again.

"Thanks. You may leave. I'll send you a break down of all my expenses and when I receive the alert, I'd leave.", she told them curtly, not regarding the fact they were a bit older than she was.

Frowns crossed their ego-bruised faces but she was too angry and confused to care. They left her mumbling about how her mother failed in raising her properly and instilling manners in her.

She sank down on the divan in frustration. She had to redo it all. She sighed. This was supposed to be her fresh start. Tears rolled down her eyes as she remembered how it all happened.

�������
She strolled out of the examination centre in gratitude. Last paper, masters’ programme, was something to be grateful for. She capped her pens and walked towards the exit. She saw two uniformed policemen standing beside her course adviser. She wondered which guy in her class they had come to arrest this time around. The school adhered strictly to the new state law on cheating. Anyone caught cheating was handed over to the police. It was supposed to be a great deterrent but during the course of the exams, no less than five people had been arrested.

To her greatest surprise, she saw her course adviser point at her. Out of the blues, a premonition hit her that someone she knew was dead. She asked her head vigorously to snap herself out of her evil thoughts. Her heart sunk deep in fear as the men approached her.

"Are you Miss Atinúké Coker?", one of the men asked.

" Yes, sir", she answered in trepidation.

"We're sorry to be messengers of ill news. Your parents died last night in St. Thomas's Medical. Your house was robbed and they were shot.", the other man announced.

She looked at him in anxiety. Blood flowing to head took a detour and. didn't reach her brain anymore. In response, she slumped.

�������
She wiped her tears. It was two years but the wound was still fresh. She heard her phone ring and smiled when she saw the caller ID.

" Hello, love",she whined
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by lahrra(f): 10:37pm On Aug 13
Thanks op.... pls more update
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by Itunubabs: 8:47am On Aug 14
millieademi:
Please let me know what you think
I think its a beautiful piece.
Well done
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by lahrra(f): 2:18pm On Aug 14
Am feeling quite entertained, i want more.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by skyblueking(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14
I had wanted to scroll past cos am not a fan of lovey_dovey stories buh here i am, enjoying the scenes..

Bro your story is well tailored..
Keep the updates steady and stop haggling over absence of comments..
Twill come in due time...
Thanks!!
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by Lisa001: 12:34am On Aug 15
Nice story
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 10:57am On Aug 17
"Hey, how are you?", the caller replied. "How's your new place?"

"Terrible. I've been asked to move out.", she complained.

" What?!"

"Na so I see am. They said the landlord intends to give the unit to his relative. I have to start looking for a new place.", she explained.

" What are we going to do now?", the person asked. She smiled. Ajiri was a great friend. She always saw her problems as hers. Ajiri was the shoulder she cried upon while she was grieving for her family. She helped her reconstruct her life after the misfortune, giving her tough love when she needed it.

"I'll call new agents and see new places.", she muttered.

" I wish I was in Lagos. For sure, I'd break the head of the stupid realtor of yours. You know I told you I didn't trust him."

"I know. I just wanted a change of scenery. I couldn't stay in that house anymore. I didn't want to stay with all the memories.", she sighed as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks.

" Don't even think about crying!", her friend chided.

She sniffled, "I won't cry."

"Good. I'm sorry but my lunch break is almost over. Call me when you get a new realtor. I love you."

"OK, me too. Bye."

"Bye."

She sighed and closed her eyes to get a little rest, even if it was short-lived.

Chapter 3

Nenye fluttered her lashes in disbelief. She looked at the studded ring in the white satin bed of the jewellery box. She saw the nervous smile on his face as he was down on one knee. She opened her mouth but words refused to proceed from it. Her heart danced inside her.

"Nenye", he called snapping her out of her thoughts. " What's your answer?", he asked nervously.

She nodded giddily and squealed in delight. He smiled and put the ring on her finger. He stood and she flung herself on him. He hugged her back and twirled her around. They laughed in pure happiness and their foreheads met.

"Together and for always?", she asked.

" Together and for always.", he answered before taking her lips in his.

The past two days had been a dream. When Délé had shown at her doorstep in Abuja the previous morning, she thought she was sleep walking. He took her around town and they went sightseeing. And then he proposed. Délé was everything she wanted in a man- respectful, daring, charming, loyal and romantic. He was the best dream she had ever had.
But dreams were meant for sleeping.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Atinúké groaned as she walked up the stairs grumbling. She hadn't been able to find a realtor, a reasonable one that is, in the space of two weeks.

She missed her mother. The woman could make lemonade and lemon meringue pies from whatever lemons life handed her. Too bad she didn't inherit her mother's solution oriented outlook to life. She had less than a week to find a realtor and an apartment and move out.

She cursed her realtor, her landlord and the stupid relative he wanted to give her apartment to. She mumbled an 'È káàsàn, ma' to the elderly woman standing opposite her unit and genuflected.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by hardeydun(f): 1:19pm On Aug 17
Thanks for the update OP!following....
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by millieademi: 5:18pm On Aug 17
hardeydun:
Thanks for the update OP!following....

Thanks. I'm sorry it's coming late. I've been busy with an MUN conference and the Nairaland server was down last night.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets by Uniquechild(f): 1:40pm On Aug 18
Thanks for the update. Kudos!
Re: Ocean Of Secrets by duruZed(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18
I've just been following silently this beautiful story, and i would like to encourage the writer for the efforts being made to create the write-up. But one issue is to start a story the other is to be consistent in updating and finishing your story to the end, that is the reason so many people are reluctant to follow a story and be commenting on it. I hope your's will be different. Very creative work keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Books For A Year From Random House And Transworld / To Orinkala / What You Read Is What You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.