Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account (71536 Views)

Three Arrested In Oyo For Hacking POS Platform To Steal N16m (Photos) / 25-year-old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Woman Of N16m - Photos / Armed Robbers Kill Lebanese At Ghana Zenith Bank, Steal His N16M (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by ednut1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

https://www.nairaland.com/5255504/nafdac-bans-sniper-insecticide-open

From the link. First sentence ( the sale was not banned but in open markets and supermarkets)

NAFDAC bans the sale of Sniper Insecticides in open market and supermarkets.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
He left 16 million naira in one of his accounts ? That' s huge . I don't know his level at UBA but I find it quite incredible that he was having N16m 'in one of his accounts". This may be the cause of his suicide. Perhaps ,Audit stumbled on certain infractions traceable to him. How much was he earning in UBA and what was his level ? Something is fishy here.

May his soul rest in peace anyway .

2 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by holuphisayor(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
Na wa oh,
Most Uba staff I know working on the island usually complain either stress or depression. Something must be wrong with that bank.

3 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by mrjaydee(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
safarigirl:
why doesn't it add up?

You think investigation is free? Why should they waste tax payers money on someone that killed himself? Do you think people don't hsve demons inside them that push them to commit suicide?

My dear suicide cases are complicated. What if he was forced at gun point to write the letter and then he was given something to commit suicide? In a developed country investigations will be conducted.

4 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Mrlazarus: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Personally,I don't believe this Mr Banker really killed himself.the letter sound fishy.

1 Like

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by DaniellaDokubo(f): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
chelsea1116:

Big thunder o!!
especially the one that is less busy
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
The source however told Igbere TV that Mr. Ibeakanma always
exhibited some strange behaviours that no member of the
family has taken serious notice of except until his death.
“In one of his Facebook post on July 24 at 4:48 PM:
Ibeakanma wrote; THE LIGHT IS GRADUALLY DIMMING
OUT………… but we never read any meaning to it,” the source
said.

I'll keep saying this, money isn't the major cause of suicide. It's obvious in this case. Most times, it results from a lack of care. The source said they never read any meaning to the Facebook post or took his strange behaviours serious. If they had (meekly) made an attempt to ask him what was going on, the man would have a bit of hope to stay alive, knowing that someone cares about him. Depression is real, and it's the most difficult mental illness to heal from.

“But today, Onyechere is no more what more can we say than
to ask God to forgive his sins and grant his soul eternal
passage into his bosom,”

By the way, this is wrong. You can't intercede for dead people. Once a person is dead, it's strictly between him/her and God. He is the sole and ultimate judge. No third party can be involved.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by SheikhMuniru(m): 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
ednut1:

From the link. First sentence ( the sale was not banned but in open markets and supermarkets)

NAFDAC bans the sale of Sniper Insecticides in open market and supermarkets.

Open the link, don't just read the headline, read the context...
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Basher8583: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
toprealman:
16M in his account. He needs to be further investigated.

That's what probably killed him. Love for money lead him to steal. Now that the game is over he is not man enough to face it. Shame
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by koyyess: 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Must have been involved in some kind of fraud coming back to hunt him.

This reminds me of a man who worked in the 'apex' bank as an AM . Wife worked in one of the first generation banks. They've got only one little kid (boy).

What more could they ask for? Negroe along with others still went and got himself into a fraudulent scheme while on duty. It was discovered...even made national headlines. Their pics boldly displayed everywhere.

1st class greed.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Seun360(m): 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Na them, Igbo Amaka, cowards.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by ednut1(m): 12:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

Open the link, don't just read the headline, read the context...
sheikh mumuru .u no do comprehension for ile kewu abi. Ban of a product and ban of the sale of a product in markets and supermarkets are different things. Won't reply u again . Go to and agro shop and ask for sniper . Shikena

1 Like

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by toprealman: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
Basher8583:

That's what probably killed him. Love for money lead him to steal. Now that the game is over he is not man enough to face it. Shame
You can't say for sure. Let's not make hasty assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Wheezy123(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
This reminds me of a patient i once nursed. He was brought to the hospital and was not responding to treatment. All he told his wife a day after admission was "If i die, it's 5 of my friends that killed me". The wife was confused and ran to us to tell us what her husband told her. Later on, the man requested for a phone to call a man whom he referred to as "prophet", but later dropped the phone as he found it useless to call him. Gradually he became weak and said "they've come to take me" and off he slept and never woke up. I did CPR, gave him Hydro-cort but no avail. He was dead. The wife just kept praying for God to forgive his soul and release his spirit. Sad end for the man. We all concluded that he was an occult man who paid his price.

3 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
He has a good job
He has a good wife
He has saved a reasonable money.
Yet he took his own life.
The police should sit the wife down to more about his life.There must be a catalyst that prompt the suicide

2 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by einsteine(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
The police should ensure they confirm if he actually committed suicide. If the suicide note is not in his handwriting, then....

A lot of murderers are taking advantage of the fact that suicide is trending.

1 Like

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by einsteine(m): 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2019
safarigirl:
why doesn't it add up?

You think investigation is free? Why should they waste tax payers money on someone that killed himself? Do you think people don't hsve demons inside them that push them to commit suicide?

This is an irresponsible statement on your part.

Everywhere in the world, police investigates any form of unnatural death.

2 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by godswilld10(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
I follow this man facebook page, he was very happy den suddenly he committed suicide, it's not easy at all, something serious must have happened

3 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by godswilld10(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
akdjr:
He might have involved himself in some evil that he can't share with anyone.
yes something must have happened
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Okoroawusa: 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
All these bankers sef
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Mikeparlo12(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
Only a selfish person will commit suicide.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Midex88(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Nigerian bankers are really stressed and depressed

2 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Taiwo20(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Iku ya ju esin lo....
this life

1 Like

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Okoroawusa: 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
There is nothing as painful as a secret you can never share with anybody.

I have mine.I can never share it with anyone even if you put a gun to my head.It will go with me to my grave.

4 Likes

Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by mechanics(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Praying for one that committed suicide is a prayer that won't work.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by smasher1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
mrjaydee:
The police should investigate properly.. the story doesn't add up

No rather, I think the suicide note is authentic. It doesn't smell fraud or murder.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Neddyogu(m): 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
Pvssy:
The burial ceremony go make sense

Enough food and drinks

16M for the akant. grin
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by ALEXANDER51: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
It is spiritual a blind man wont understand...the devil is on earth to destory....remember in Jesur their is peace.

SUICIDE IS EVIL .....HE KNEW HE WILL ONE DAY TAKE HIS LIFE
PEOPLE THAT DO THIS DONT THINK OF IT JUST A DAY...

ASK YOURSELF why do people attempt suicide and the fail they try again till they acheive it.THIS WORLD.

BE SPIRITUAL STRONG THE DEVIL IS FIGHT YOU SHOULD ALSO FIGHT HIM BACK.
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by smasher1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
godswilld10:

yes something must have happened

Not always
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
successking401:
bayelsa

long tin.... i de lagos bro
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by Preciousgirl(f): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Maybe he had ghonorhoeah
Re: Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account by bonnyhope: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
The man must have put his hand in dirty game and the repercussion is death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest Cultists During Meeting In Abuja (Photo) / Lady Stripped And Beaten For Stealing Phone (Pics, Video) / 30-year-old Graduate Rapes Sickle Cell Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.