Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,857 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (61905 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / Legitimate Jobs Nigerians Do In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Smile4mee01: 3:52am On Aug 13, 2019
@Op

The truth has been said.

Many Nigerians start out with menial jobs, but with determination and hard they dont remain there for long.

My Uncle who started out as a taxi driver is a CEO today and a mansion in Gerogia in the USA doing so well with his first son playing in the NFL, he laughs at the days he was a taxi driver. Don''t let your humble beginning despise you.

Nonetheless, You can still live a good life here in Nigeria. Hard work and Prayer is needed wherever you go. Just make the best of life while you have it.

Good luck.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ifymadu: 3:53am On Aug 13, 2019
Cherishedcyn:
The stupidity on this nairaland is epic sha. A poster asked what people in diaspora do and around 80% of the response seen is coming from jobless, lazy youths who probably haven't been in an aircraft before.

In saner climes you'll see people wait for those with experience to come and drop their input but no, every idiot here has to use this opportunity to exhibit his/her stupidity...must you comment??

Again, what's with the job shaming people who do legal menial jobs to make a living abroad? Shows how lazy and silly the lot of you are.

Let's exercise those dead brain cells of some of you. Calculate the average minimum wage in Europe of 10 euros (Where 1 euro is equivalent to 390 naira) per hour by 40 hours a week. How many jobs can give you such salary in a week in Naija?

I know all these silly yapping na because una never get the opportunity. If some of the idiots dancing upandan on this thread reach the abroad, tori go change.

When them call una lazy youths una go begin para but that's what you all are; lazy Nigerian youths.

If I've learnt nothing in this my sojourn abroad, it's the fact that only a lazy man can be found wanting here.

I have just one phrase for you, "God bless you". I was going to share some worthy experiences but reading through the junk comments discouraged me. All they know is tribal attacks and hoping for impossible miracles.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Glorylynn: 4:13am On Aug 13, 2019
Most people don’t even think of how to get a job in most cases,people just want to run out of the hell called Nigeria.people want to live in a serene environment and hopefully think they will get anything doing for a living.when your government gives you 1001 reasons to run undecided

afonjabreed:
Please I want to ask a question.

What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income), because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.

And judging by the desperation of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by flexyndavis(m): 4:18am On Aug 13, 2019
hmm ,nairaland and invalid comments,only few are rewarding,and we the readers knows the true comment.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by orobs93(m): 4:19am On Aug 13, 2019
Optional09:
First is care job under the table until they are able to secure a legal status then study and start working as a nurse aid then Nursing, teaching at disabled kids school, some take course in IT like like computer technician, system analyst. cab driver, security job, Uber/lyft, Pharmacist, Doordash Delivery, Mechanics, Doctors, Construction Engineer, in Texas they work at the oil rig. Nigerians work. no sleep

A

*This is American experience Europe may be different

Abeg where I go easily see under the table job for Toronto axis
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ajl: 4:42am On Aug 13, 2019
I met a Taxify driver yesterday who said that a US visitors visa is all he needs to have a good life in the US and that a job is waiting for him. That got me cracking. When I told him that no one is going to employ him because he has to live as an illegal alien once his visa expires, it's like I was talking gibberish in his ears. Too many ignorant Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by uthlaw: 4:53am On Aug 13, 2019
ajl:
I met a Taxify driver yesterday who said that a US visitors visa is all he needs to have a good life in the US and that a job is waiting for him. That got me cracking. When I told him that no one is going to employ him because he has to live as an illegal alien once his visa expires, it's like I was talking gibberish in his ears. Too many ignorant Nigerians.
it better to be an illegal migrant in diaspora than to be legal in this country,don't explain anything just help me get the visa...

5 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ajl: 4:55am On Aug 13, 2019
afonjabreed:
you could have at least pointed at my mistakes and correct me

Do not let those who think they sabi grammar pass queen of England confuse you.

Desperateness as used in the sentence is okay. Desperateness and Desperation are both identifiable words with specific meanings.

[/b]Desperateness: [b] the state or quality of being desperate.

As used in online blog writeup:

"Most of us never have to experience and then survive the desperateness of imminent death."

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tour-duty/201304/desperateness%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwiT1IDP9_7jAhXUoFwKHR1UB7k4ChAWMAN6BAgJEAE&usg=AOvVaw1WKeA6xAj47bcCxw5L-qWL

3 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by otclare(f): 5:01am On Aug 13, 2019
Cherishedcyn:
The stupidity on this nairaland is epic sha. A poster asked what people in diaspora do and around 80% of the response seen is coming from jobless, lazy youths who probably haven't been in an aircraft before.

In saner climes you'll see people wait for those with experience to come and drop their input but no, every idiot here has to use this opportunity to exhibit his/her stupidity...must you comment??

Again, what's with the job shaming people who do legal menial jobs to make a living abroad? Shows how lazy and silly the lot of you are.

Let's exercise those dead brain cells of some of you. Calculate the average minimum wage in Europe of 10 euros (Where 1 euro is equivalent to 390 naira) per hour by 40 hours a week. How many jobs can give you such salary in a week in Naija?

I know all these silly yapping na because una never get the opportunity. If some of the idiots dancing upandan on this thread reach the abroad, tori go change.

When them call una lazy youths una go begin para but that's what you all are; lazy Nigerian youths.

If I've learnt nothing in this my sojourn abroad, it's the fact that only a lazy man can be found wanting here.

This is wow...thank you jare

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ajl: 5:11am On Aug 13, 2019
uthlaw:
it better to be an illegal migrant in diaspora than to be legal in this country,don't explain anything just help me get the visa...

Until you experience the life of an illegal migrant you won't understand. It's by yourself you would wish that you never left Nigeria. Some move from one country to another in search of "paper" and its not guaranteed. You could end up moving through five different Europeans countries with so many years wasted. Experience all depend on the country. If this was pre-2001, maybe you can survive easily using some illegal means to make a living. I am not saying some don't get through at the end of the day but it's an horrible situation to be in. Because we are not God we can't predict and know which would have the best end result. Staying in Nigeria to surmount the struggle or going out in search of a new life elsewhere. But not all that glitter is gold on the other side. The same way there are homeless people and beggers on the streets of Nigeria, there are just less on the streets of US. I certainly won't discourage people but advise that individuals know the ups and downs of what they are getting into in order to manage their expectations. The only way I can advise a youth to get out of Nigeria is through educational means. It allow easier integration but it's also not guaranteed and the outcome depends on the country.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Filmdirect: 5:32am On Aug 13, 2019
afonjabreed:
Please I want to ask a question.

What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income), because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.

And judging by the desperation of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do

REWORDED:
What do Nigerians who travel abroad do for a living, especially those with no hope of getting a job?

Judging from the desperation of the youth in this country I think they believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favor. I really want to know what they do.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by odigbosky(m): 5:32am On Aug 13, 2019
ajl:

Until you experience the life of an illegal migrant you won't understand. It's by yourself you would wish that you never left Nigeria. Some move from one country to another in search of "paper" and its not guaranteed. You could end up moving through five different Europeans countries with so many years wasted. Experience all depend on the country. If this was pre-2001, maybe you can survive easily using some illegal means to make a living. I am not saying some don't get through at the end of the day but it's an horrible situation to be in. Because we are not God we can't predict and know which would have the best end result. Staying in Nigeria to surmount the struggle or going out in search of a new life elsewhere. But not all that glitter is gold on the other side. The same way there are homeless people and beggers on the streets of Nigeria, there are just less on the streets of US. I certainly won't discourage people but advise that individuals know the ups and downs of what they are getting into in order to manage their expectations. The only way I can advise a youth to get out of Nigeria is through educational means. It allow easier integration but it's also not guaranteed and the outcome depends on the country.

Nothing here is guaranteed at all. That's why those with jobs here in Nigeria and those without jobs still run abroad
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by KingRabota: 5:36am On Aug 13, 2019
No mind the scamming bastards, they sent me text notifying me of the 200MB consolation but I'm yet to see any data.
O'boy you see any show abi na text message dem push give you?

bravesoul247:
You see we Nigerianz? We can do anything abroad. Abroad is the only place one can't be shy of what he/she does. Slay Queen in Nigeria can boldly wash plate abroad.

Meanwhile
Who got the 200mb airtel gave? If I join am with my Airtel Binge Plan data, na perfect holiday to de stream endlessly grin
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Princedapace(m): 6:25am On Aug 13, 2019
The average black man just wants to get paid. He wants to earn money.. Nothing but getting paid.

Sadly, this is the major reason blacks are mainly not into creation but consumption. This is the bane of under development among blacks.

9 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ajl: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2019
odigbosky:

Nothing here is guaranteed at all. That's why those with jobs here in Nigeria and those without jobs still run abroad

At the end of the day my conclusion is that traveling out to seek greener pasture elsewhere is a temporary solution. Because I found out most Nigerians that left the country at some point are hoping and yearning that Nigeria work so they could return. In fact significant number are returning. But occasionally with bad experience on returning. So, the "demon" we are all running away from is "sitting on the bench at home" waiting for us. Until we all.stop running and face our problem head-on, we are only fooling ourselves. I went around Lagos in last few days and my conclusion is that the weakest links are the government/public officials and docile masses who choose not to question their government. In the affluent areas I see new businesses and structures that were not there when I visited some years back. But in the slum part of Lagos, specifically on the core Lagos Island, nothing has changed. In fact things have deteriorated even more with hoardes of idle youths, inaccessible roads, terrible sanitary conditions. Surprisingly in all.of these, people seem to be catching their fun as if its all normal. We Nigerians have a terrible tolerance level that it's getting suicidal.

10 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by bravesoul247(m): 6:35am On Aug 13, 2019
Activedreamer:
Leaving Nigeria has been the best decision I ever made. I only wish I left earlier.
I never get papers,but I'm balling hard. Making nothing less than 4000$ every month. I work 12 hours (6 times a week )My expenses every month isn't more than 1200$. This amount isn't near what I hope to be making once my papers land. It's almost here. Definitely going back to school...

If you want to hussle in the states,you must be hardworking and willing to do overtime .Start exercising before you come,that way the job won't be hard on your muscles lol. I don't see my job as hard though. Choose the right state. Forget the big states for a start. JOBS plenty where I dey.. Question is;you get the energy to work?
Which state be that bros and which kain work? Abeg I go like make you ja mi si
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by bravesoul247(m): 6:36am On Aug 13, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Never received it. How do I get it?
I just got the notification on my phone. You might get yours sooner or later. Just chill small
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:41am On Aug 13, 2019
Wetin concern op about what Nigerians do for a living in abroad. He should have asked them what they did for a living when they were in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by bravesoul247(m): 6:45am On Aug 13, 2019
KingRabota:
No mind the scamming bastards, they sent me text notifying me of the 200MB consolation but I'm yet to see any data.
O'boy you see any show abi na text message dem push give you?

text message baba
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by jolyment: 6:48am On Aug 13, 2019
[quote author=OgbanjeProphet post=81200784] Me I am not traveling anywhere. I go dey here see the end of Buhari's misrule.

I go make my own billions here. [/quote

We are together, I have made few millions already, waiting for more God's blessings.
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Cherishedcyn: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2019
post=81200652:
Some go to school to get a good job and a good life thereafter,
While others constitute nuisance and go into a life full of fraud.

It all depends on the individual.

We always wonder how some people will have such good opportunity but be comfortable doing crime.

Some have heads but don't have caps,
Some have caps but no heads.

We will get there too someday.

This deserves to be on Front Page.
You've said it all man.
Nothing to be added!

Mature and reasonable minds right here!
You've said it all Guys!
It is just so appaling reading comments from some kids here!

Thank you jare, I got riled up reading the silly and insensitive comments.

This platform has a huge potential at disseminating useful information and sensitizing Nigerians but it keeps promoting stupidity.

Btw, I'm a woman.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Laurene: 7:24am On Aug 13, 2019
kingkakaone:

A friend of mine is a driver.
If you see his mansion here ehn?
He recently got married to the most beautiful girl in our class then. This was a guy that this lady always insult and call ugly o.
in USA?
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Laurene: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2019
Activedreamer:
Leaving Nigeria has been the best decision I ever made. I only wish I left earlier.
I never get papers,but I'm balling hard. Making nothing less than 4000$ every month. I work 12 hours (6 times a week )My expenses every month isn't more than 1200$. This amount isn't near what I hope to be making once my papers land. It's almost here. Definitely going back to school...

If you want to hussle in the states,you must be hardworking and willing to do overtime .Start exercising before you come,that way the job won't be hard on your muscles lol. I don't see my job as hard though. Choose the right state. Forget the big states for a start. JOBS plenty where I dey.. Question is;you get the energy to work?
which state you dey
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ABSTRUSE: 7:31am On Aug 13, 2019
Pls for those computing the average sum earned, pls cud you include tax and standard of living when making those computations of yours?

2 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by millionboi2: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2019
OgbanjeProphet:
Me I am not traveling anywhere. I go dey here see the end of Buhari's misrule.

I go make my own billions here.
same

My billions here
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Glink2018(m): 7:33am On Aug 13, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
There is no “abroad”. Every country is different and even cities within countries are different. Also depends on how u enter the country - someone who entered Italy as a student is very different from someone who entered through Libya. So your question is too broad. Maybe narrow it to those who enter legally.

If you read between the line , Op want to make jest of Nigerians living abroad. And either he like it or not some are doing very well here in abroad while some are wasting away.....
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:33am On Aug 13, 2019
MrWTF:
Nigerians and Finding faults. You got his message, so Wtf should he go for tutorials?

You that has gone to school, wetin you gain?

Who English help ??

When you enter street,all birds go choose their favorite food.
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by millionboi2: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2019
otherway:

The funny twist is that even after tax they make in one month what many employees in naija will make in a year.

Just that it is not easy until you have a work permit.
Oga minus cost of living

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by ABSTRUSE: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2019
otherway:

The funny twist is that even after tax they make in one month what many employees in naija will make in a year.

Just that it is not easy until you have a work permit.

Pls cn be you a lil more specific by giving examples/scenario. And pls consider tax and standard of living when giving your examples/scenario.
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by millionboi2: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2019
erico2k2:

I sense VISA refusal frustration!
just d weh u like travel,some prefer staying no be wetin dey hungry u dey hungry d other

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Italian Region Of Molise Paying People ₦10M To Move There (photos) / Lady Who Died After Container Fell On Her In Lagos (Photos) / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.