Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! (2815 Views)

Landrover Freelander 2003 Model / Land Rover Freelander For Sale / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Lexusgs430: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
nurey:

Yes the Rover petrol not even Rover all cars using Rover K Engine of that year is definitely fu.cked in the ass grin but definitely not a Td4 trim

https://www.nairaland.com/989339/land-rover-freelander

That post had a picture of the Toyolander transplant.......

1 Like

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Lexusgs430: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2019
diehard1:

I'm not in favour of such. I'm only telling him what he'll likely see if he gets it. Bad choice.

I already also dropped my opinion about OP's proposal.......

1 Like

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by nurey(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:

That post had a picture of the Toyolander transplant.......
It still better than 053SE HRH if you know you know
Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Growingboi(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2019
Jah bless man for this stupendous analysis

Denn:

The diesel engines were of two types and the one in your car is the M47R which was an adaptation of the BMW M47D20.

The M47D20 on its own and in BMW applications was reliable. In the BMW, it was mounted longitudinally (like all BMWs)

However during modification by landrover, they made it transverse and changed the injection to common rail.

Common rail injection depends on very high pressures to injection the diesel. High pressures lead to heat... Now engine is transverse... Plus it has a turbocharger.

Your main concern would be overheating.

Always ensure your cooling system is in top condition and buy diesel from the filling stations with reputation like Mobil, forte, etc

If i were you however, I would ask the giver to sell the car, i would not mind adding 1000 euros of my own money and sending to get a different car like a Mercedes ML or a BMW X5.

Your shipping and clearing costs would be similar to those cars I mentioned and the value would have gone way higher.

Cheers
Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Growingboi(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
Thank you all for your contribution, you guys are valued!

Haven critically analyse all responses, I here by declared that the car is more of a curse than a blessing.

Local man is not doing again.
Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Lexusgs430: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2019
Growingboi:

Haven critically analyse all responses, I here by declared that the car is more of a curse than a blessing.

Tell the person attempting to send you this wàhálà (under the guise of favour)....... Send you a version like Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRK............

Or attempt to sell it (if anybody else is unlucky enough to buy this scrap)..... Send you the money, add funds and hunt for a better version in Nigeria....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by chidooh1: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
A colleague in office bought that car, when i approached him to ask questions why he made that mistake he told me the car has camry engine fitted into it. Even with the camry engine he is still being kept stranded some times

2 Likes

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by diportivo: 8:53am On Aug 15, 2019
I dont know how people will see car

and be running away from car

pls

come and dash me car grin

1 Like

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2019
chidooh1:
A colleague in office bought that car, when i approached him to ask questions why he made that mistake he told me the car has camry engine fitted into it. Even with the camry engine he is still being kept stranded some times

You suppose take picture of that miracle engine transplant...........

1 Like

Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by chidooh1: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You suppose take picture of that miracle engine transplant...........
no wahala, it is a matter of time, i know i must surely catch him with that bonnet up. He sold his sweet golf 4 and bought that freelander. Every now and then he keeps complaining about fuel pump and fuse.
Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by Lexusgs430: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
chidooh1:
no wahala, it is a matter of time, i know i must surely catch him with that bonnet up. He sold his sweet golf 4 and bought that freelander. Every now and then he keeps complaining about fuel pump and fuse.

Hin wàhálà just start...... I hope he is not still thinking his Toyolander, is still a 4X4......... grin
Re: Advise On This Land Rover Freelander (picture)!!! by weyreypey: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
Growingboi:

Local man is very sensible

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Pentosin Chf11s Power Steering Fluid. / Low RPM, Sluggish Acceleration In Hyundai Accent / Honda Civic... Which Model Is The Best Within 2006- 2011?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.