Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel (6026 Views)

Fear No More (A Romance Thriller) / FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by aprilwise(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
Wonderful story. It hook me up . Thanks
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 6:41am On Sep 10, 2019
Hidden Dream - Episode 17

A Story By Tisa Phiri

3 years later.......

" How are you feeling?" Beverly asked me helping me with my color.

" mnmmm good I guess, this is a very big thing for me and I know my competitor is so good too. But am glad I made it this far" i sighed.

I had decided to take part in the World ballroom dance competition and I was taken by surprise when I succeeded during the auditions.

It had been a tough fight for the past 3 months where we had to compete with different dancers from across the world.

With the help of my trainer the time I got to Paris, I had made it to the top and now was on the finalist. I had to compete finally with another dancer in the male category. The guy was very good I would agree. He was from German and I would see how good he was.

However, I loved that the spectators loved my style. I had put it some spicing dance style to make it so apppeling and a bit out of the old fashion dance styles.

" He's good yes, but you are the best my man! Tonight is the night you are going to make history and am so proud of you. Your mother came to support you on this important day and am sure she's proud of you too" she added patting my chest as she stood in between me and the mirrow.

" I know my mother has had a change of mind over the years and maybe one day my father will be proud of me. What bothers me is..."

" Angela!" She completed my sentence.

" when are we going to stop talking about that woman Jay? Seriously, am fade up. She has not bothered to get in touch with you for years even when you tried all you can to find her. She has blocked you on Facebook, she changed her lines and even moved to a different town. What more do you want? It's high time you forgot about her. Move on already and committ yourself to people who love you." She explained.

" by that you mean yourself?" I asked her walking away.

" yeah, it's now like am complaining or something , you make me happy in bed and all but I want us to be more than friends without strings Jay. Come on you know I love you right?"

" am Sorry, from the time we started your so called friends without strings" I said raising my hands to make quotation marks for 'strings'.

" but i made it clear am in love with someone else. So don't push it too much. I don't like noise and you know that perfectly well" I snapped.

" well, come down now Mr, I didn't say you get all worked out. It's your big day today so relax and go out there and show the world how far you can go with your dance dream!" She shouted smiling.

I liked Beverly, she had a way of putting me back on track. But she wasn't the girl for me. I had dedicate my heart to Angela even when it had been 2 years without hearing a thing from her.

John who I sent to check on her told me he never found her at her brothers place. In fact the family had shifted God knew where to. He went to our old school and she had resigned. No one knew where she had gone.

I couldn't get to believe Angela dumped me and probably got married to someone else.

" she could have told me the truth at least. I know she isn't the person to act so childish like that. I wanted to travel back to Zambia to go see things for myself but the work and contracts got piled up I had to finish up things before taking leave. Plus the competition which too took most of my time.

I made a mental note to go back home myself to find out what was going on when I was done.

" ladies and gentlemen, for our grand finale! Welcome to the floor our magnificent, charming and most intriguing dancers! Jared Zimba from Africa and Paul McCartney of Germany! Give them a big hand as they come forward!" The presenter shouted and the Music played loud as we walked down to the stage.

The hall was fully packed and I felt proud seeing how people were chearing on us.

In a moment I recalled all the names I was called for being dull in school, all the shouting and screaming my father had done on me to get me to stop dancing. My mind went on recalling every detail. I was brought back to the moment when the presenter asked me to step forward and lead the dance with the female dancer I was paired with.

My competitor was to dance last and then we would be judged to determine who got the final award.

With every fibre in my bones, I danced gracefully. We were both assigned some female dancers and for that time I had to imagine it was my Angela. I held her and danced around like my life depended on it.

I was lost in the moment with every detail of her face in my mind, her smile, her encouragements, her passion when she made love to me.

" go and make me proud Jay, I love you and I will wait for you to come back for me. You are my hero and I will look forward to the day you will make a mark on the lives of others that are going through what you did and still kept on dreaming" her voice echoed in my mind as I danced.

I threw myself up and down wagging my body from side to side as I heard the crowds go wild shouting and screaming.

By the time the Music stopped, i stopped too, bowing down to the now wild audience of excited faces, I felt so much great it was unbelievable.

" how do you feel Jay! It was like you where far taken by the song and your dancing tonight was exceptional" the presenter asked me as I took deep breaths.

" yeah, I dedicated this dance tonight to my first love, the woman who went an extra mile to see me get to my dream of dancing, she told me if I can dream it, then I can achieve it" I smiled looking up the audience.

" Wow! That's so great, but where is this woman am sure the world would want to see her.?" He asked a question that I wasn't ready to answer.

But I had to.. " she's back home in Zambia and I plan on going to see her soon enough!" i shouted happily.

" what a lucky woman !, where ever you are I just hope you have got the message! " he announced facing the camera.

An hour later I was pronounced winner of the competition. I was to take an award of £20 000, a brand new Ford Ranger the newest model on the market and a treat to where ever I would love to go in the World with my partner.

My mother and sister who were called to the stage walked towards me their faces beaming with happiness.

My mother hugged me and cried tears of joy.

" sorry for not believing in you my son. You have made us proud I can't contain my joy!" She shouted in my ears as we embraced each other.

Back at the dinner celebration when she and my sister Tina joined me, They told me about home. How everyone was doing and that some people in Zambia were following the competition on DSTV.

" in fact, it's all over the news and social media. People back home are greatly inspired by what you have done here Jay" my mom smiled proudly.

" I have seen the social media and am glad I had to make a difference" I responded.

" mother, I really have to travel back home." I started , holding her hand as we walked outside the hall where the dinner was held.

" why? Is it about the woman you mentioned earlier? Am surprised you never said anything to us before sonny" she scoffed.

" Yeah remember we weren't alll that close mom. You people made things so harsh for me I was never free in that house" i told her point blank.

" yeah you are right and am trully sorry about that. We could have done more to support you my son. We werent the best parents to you and I regret that." She shed some tears.

" it's all in the past mother, now is not the time to cry." I held her into a hug as she sobbed softly. "Here " i handed her my hank.

" her name is Angela mother, dad has met her before, she was my dance teacher at Luangwa secondary."

" what? Did you say Angela?" She asked surprised.

" yeah, what is it mother, you know her?" I asked stopping instantly.

" I have heard that name before from your father. He was acting wired some time back and I caught him talking to a girl he introduced to me as Angela. He never gave me all the details giving me an excuse that he would tell me everything later on.

I was busy with work and never really got to the bottom of the matter until now that you have mentioned her name."

" what do you think was going on between my father and her? Were they like in some kind of....."

"No" she responded firmly.

" your father can be many things my son but he would never have a relationship with a woman especially of her age.. No, I don't think so dear. It's something else and now that I think of it, I think it was serious."

That night I went back to my room with a lot of thoughts. " what the hell is going on with you Angela?" I asked myself a million times.

" with my father?" I shook my head confused.

"I got to go to Zambia" I thought aloud and got my phone to call for a reservation for the next flight.

The following day I sat in the plane, my sister and mother had come with me. I sat quietly my mind busy trying to think about what was going on back home.

" I will not rest until I know what is going on with you love. I swear you will have to face me whether you like it or not. " I thought to myself as the plane took off.

By the time we touched down at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, there where a lot of people to welcome me. Who ever had leaked the information to the media houses that I was going home, they really got me.

I never planned it to be so but I had no option but walk out of the plane to the shouting and cheering faces of Zambians. The flashes from the cameras blinding me for a second.

I smiled at everyone raising my hand as my mother whispered me to acknowledge and appreciate them.

" don't show them your inner struggles. Smile and wave your hand to the people who look at you as their hero My son" she whispered.

I was surrounded by a lot of people asking questions, taking videos and photos and by the time my assistant got me out of the crow d, I felt a bit tired.

"Rest tonight and then you will go on to your house tomorrow" Jeff my assistant told me.

I had decided not to go straight home.

I needed time to compose myself so that when I finally face my father and find out what he knew about Angela I would be ready for him.

I took a look at the photos I had taken of her the last time we were together, as lay in bed.

" I promised to come back for you my woman, so here I am and I swear I will find you myself" I whispered and kissed the phone screen before falling asleep.

To be continued

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/hidden-dream

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by DivineSpecial(f): 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2019
Wow love I so much love it
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by skubido(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2019
Nice wan
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hidden Dream - Episode 18

A Story By Tisa Phiri

I woke up with a start, my phone was vibrating on the table. Grabbing it I placed it on my ear without looking at the caller ID.

" hey!" I sighed as I waited for the person on the other end to respond. When I realise it was silent, I sat up.

" who is this?" I asked hoping it could be my Angela.

How stupid,I thought to myself. " if Angela has not called me in years, why was I even thinking she would suddenly call me.

" Hello!" I answered again but this time the line cut.

I tried to call back but couldn't go through.

I decided to ignore whoever was calling and prepare to go and meet my father. I quickly took a bath and wore some casual clothes before walking out.

" I have to get to Lusaka West " i informed the taxi driver getting inside. I didn't bother call someone to pick me up from home, giving my assistant a break too. I couldn't just wait.

" oh my God! I waited for this day to come when I would see you all grown up and succeeded in achieving your dream my handsome boy!" Aunty Nelly shouted as she saw me walk to the door.

" my dear aunty Nelly, I missed you so much" I hugged her close.

" I missed you too my champion and am so proud of you. I saw the competition, you really stood out my boy. I kept of smiling like a fool as I watched you. It was so much my heart was almost failing me with joy" she whispered.

" thank you my hero, you always say the right words." I held her

"She smiled her face now getting old but with the same motherly smile that I missed so much." You look old and good at the same time" I teased her as she let go of my hand.

" are we going to see you already? Or you plan on just ending in the kitchen" I heard my sister Nina call out to me.

" kiddo, you are all grown up come on here! I shouted pulling her in a hug.

" you are famous now Jay, am so proud of you" she chuckled holding my hand and leading me to the living room where my parents where.

We had a family breakfast after the greetings.

My father for some reason wasn't looking straight at me and I knew his wife had told him why I had gone there.

" so I watched the last part of the competition, I bet you just had to follow your heart huh? It was a good performance and am sure people were happy" he spoke up lifting a cup of coffee to his mouth.

" Yeah actually it was great. Am glad I followed my heart. I guess refusing to live under the wings of others pays off after all" I said sacastically and my mother cleared her throat.

" so how long are you staying here?" She asked to distract the tension between me and my father.

" am only here for a few days. Am heading right back when am done with what I came here for. I have to be in the company of people who motivate me and besides I got lots of shows lined up for me. Some of us we earn a living by entertaining people " I added to make sure my last words came out exactly the way my father had said them years back and I saw him look down his plate.

"Excuse me, I think I have had enough, thank you for the meal aunty Nelly.. You always have a way with food" I smiled at aunty Nelly who was putting some desert on the table.

"Thank you" she smiled as I held her shoulder and passed behind her.

I went to stand at the back facing the small garden. Remembering how many times I had to go sit out there and cry myself out whenever my father would scold and throw his threats and insults at me.

" you are a diappointment and I sometimes wonder if you really are my son. Get to your senses boy and do the right thing. This dancing thing will be your down fall." He scolded me.

My eyes where almost spilling out with the thoughts and I pushed them back when I heard foot steps in my back.

" You have grown so much, I can't believe you actually are taller than me now" my father let a laugh as he stood near me.

I turned to look at him. " dad I know you saw Angela and I want to know what the hell is going on. I don't have time with your chit chats, am sure mom told you why am here.

" i snapped not wanting to have some other talk with him.

I get it Jared, you are still upset with me for not supporting you and you are probably thinking the worst of me right now. Am sorry for not being a father you expected but I needed you to be strong and do the right things. I care about you, you are my own blood and I love you" he said and I for the first time i felt he was being sincere.

" yeah you have the best way of showing it father. You know what though? I wont buy that now. If you trully loved me you could have supported me and probably you could have travelled with mom to witness me compete. But like always, I do the most stupid things. But you know what? Am not intrested in hearing those words now. I have done fine without them for years so lets get to the point father, where is Angela and what did you do to make her stop communicating with me?" I asked looking at him.

I saw his face soften a bit and he kept his eyes down.

" dad, are you going to say anything?" I asked

" Jared, come on sit with me in the TV room" he finally uttered his words calmly.

I wanted to refuse and let him tell me what was going on right that moment. I couldn't wait any longer. But I just had to follow him.

An hour later, I stood up and looked out the window my head now pounding heavily I felt it would fall off my neck any instant.

My father just told me the story about Angela that gave me so much pain and shock I couldn't hold myself.

Take me to her, I finally spoke up wiping a tear that had fallen slowly down my face.

" what? Now?" He asked frowning

Didn't you hear a word of what I said?" He responded firmly.

" I did father and I insist I need to see her right away. I have to, I told you I love her and I will not rest until I see her again. I promised her I would come back and I am going to keep my promise. let's go now" I insisted and I saw my father reluctantly stand up and grabbed his car keys.

I looked outside the car window as my father drove me. My mind wild back to the conversation we had earlier.

" I met Angela months after you were gone, I mean, I never really went to look for her but that your friend Tracy came here and told your sister Tina something about you having an affair with your teacher. And you know how Tina is, she let it all out to me, I felt she was taking advantage of you and all that. I had to do something"

" as usual, trying to fix my life huh?" I had responded cutting him.

" okey, so I went over," he went on ignoring my comment.

" I found her at her brother' s house. She didn't deny the accusation. She actually told me she was deeply in love with you and you had practically followed her around even when she tried to hide from you.

I went on telling her why she couldn't be with you and all that staff. I didn't like the idea of her encouraging you to go on with dancing. For me it was a shallow dream. But she told me point blank how you were a man enough to know what you wanted.

" give him a break and let him be happy living his dream" were her exact words.

I noticed she was looking sick and when I asked her she reluctantly told me she had some problems with her heart.

She's very sick Jared, but you have to hear the rest of the story from her mouth.

Right now she's in the hospital. She's been through a lot and she made me promise never to tell you. According to her she wanted you to accomplish your dream without distractions. "

The coughing of my father brought me back to the present.

" Jared, we are here. Come on, you have to go see her" he said softly as he led me to the entrance of the hospital.

We stopped by the door to the ward and I pushed it open slowly.

What I saw made me whole body grow very weak. I held on to the door to avoid loosing balance.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/hidden-dream

2 Likes

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by skubido(m): 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by DivineSpecial(f): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
Chia Angel don't die
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by izaray(f): 3:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Chia!! Angela don contact ni?

Thanks Oyinprince you never disappoint ur fans, more update biko

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hidden Dream - Episode 19

A Story By Tisa Phiri

Ms Jere(Angela).......

I couldn't stop smiling, closing my eyes and spinning around the house like a child. I was in love and nothing else mattered. I had given myself to him whole heartedly and even when I thought I would regret later on, well it was all different. I even fall deeply in love with him.

Seeing him drive away was trully painful. It was like a part of me had gone with him.

I recall how he had dropped me after we had spent the whole morning together. He kissed me good bye and drove away. I couldn't move from my position. I knew I had to but my body couldn't move. Like to answer my prayer, I saw him drive right back.

Like a small girl I had smiled widely and ran to him as he opened his arms to welcome me in them.

He kissed my lips and I held his waist closer to me. " what are you doing here? You should be going" I asked between kisses and he laughed.

" I would ask you the same question " he laughed.

" I cannot see myself away from you love. I will miss you terribly" he murmered between kisses.

" I will miss you too Jay. I love you" I finally told him and he smiled widely.

" wow, you finally said it !" He said excited.

" come on you have to go now" I pushed him.

" you don't need to miss your flight. Start going now" I insisted and he made a sad face kissing me before getting back to the vehicle.

The rest of the days were great. He kept in touch as promised updating me on everything happening in Paris.

3 months later....

I started feeling bad. My breathing was becoming difficult. My brother told me I had a similar problem when I was younger. I went to the hospital and after the tests, the first thing I was told was that I was pregnant.

My brother looked at me with a questioning look and I remember I had smiled. " oh God am carrying his child!"

I was so excited I couldn wait for evening so that I could tell him the news.

However, that was before the Doctor went on to give me the bad news.

" am sorry to cut your joy short. You have a serious problem with your heart. Somehow carrying this child will not help matters. The arteries that take blood to your heart are not functioning properly. But you need to have more tests to determine what's causing that" he explained

" No am not aborting my child" I answered firmly. After he told me I had to consider giving up the pregnancy. If you people think I will kill my baby because of this condition you are trully mistaken"

My brother and the Doctor tried to convince me otherwise but I blantly refused. I wasn't going to let my baby, The child I was to have with my love Jay, be killed just to save my life.

That evening when Jay called me I had to put on a happy face. Not wanting to let him know what was happening. I wanted to be sure everything was okey before I could tell him about our baby.

The month that followed was the hardest. The doctors went on explaining the condition of my heart.

" you have a heart cancer" he went on.

"Heart cancer is extremely rare, on average only one case of heart cancer is seen each year.

Although still rare, most cancers found in the heart have come from elsewhere in the body. Cancers that begin near the heart, such as lung cancer, can grow to involve the heart or the lining around the heart (pericardial sac). Or cancer can begin elsewhere in the body and spread to the heart through the bloodstream. Cancers that may affect the heart include breast cancer, kidney cancer, lung cancer, leukemia, lymphoma and melanoma, among others.

Cancer can affect the heart in other ways, as well. A rare type of cancer known as carcinoid tumor at times produces hormones that can damage heart valves. That is your condition Angela, Am afraid it's serious and the chances of curing it are very slim especially with our facilities in this country"

"Okey I don't want to pretend I didn't hear what you said. But my main concern is my baby. Is it going to be okey?" I asked tears now falling from my eyes.

He looked at me for a while before sighing..

" am sorry Angela but your heart is not strong enough as it is. Carrying this child will make things more difficult for you." He explained.

"Is there even a slight chance the pregnancy can reach full term? I really have to give birth to this baby, please help me to have the baby, please" I cried out.

" I will see how I can help you through Angela but I can't guarantee you will both survive the full term. The cancer is in it's advanced stage and am afraid you don't have a lot of time" he shook his head.

I was devasted, how can it be that when I had just fallen deeply in love and was going to be a mother, that God would decide to cut my life short. I cried almost all the time.

The only strength that I had was the baby growing inside of me. I decided to switch off my phone for some time not wanting To talk to Jay, less I broke down in front of him as he usually made some video calls.

I was one day outside thinking about what I was to do when Jay' s father came. I didn't understand why he came. So I calmly invited him inside.

" what brings you here Sir?" I asked him after we sat in the house.

" I heard that you have some intimate relationship with my son. I just came to warn you to stay away from him. Here I was thinking you have the best intrest at heart for him meanwhile you want to take advantage of him. " I let him speak his heart out as tears rolled down my face.

I couldn't believe he thought of me being with Jay because of his money. He went on rebuking me for not letting him make the right choices.

" am sorry sir, you are mistaken. I didn't start a relationship with your son because of your money. I genuinely fall in love and my efforts to ignore my feelings failed when your son looked for me and found me. I love him and he loves me. Unlike what you are saying, Jay is a man now and he knows what he wants. Stop trying to fix his life already." I went on telling him without hesitation.

" I was told how you manipulated him so that he can fall for you but believe me I will no let that happen" he scolded angrily not wanting to to reason with me.

I finally gave up trying to talk him out of it. Knowing I could die any moment.

I went on telling him I was pregnant and he stood there watching me like I was some kind of rubbish.

" am pregnant for Jay, him and me are now connected. So there's nothing anyone can do about it " I said softly looking down.

He asked if Jay knew and when I told him I had not said anything to Jay he sighed and told me to go on and tell him.

" let him come back here and take responsibility" he said sternly.

I however knew his motive was to get Jay to stop the dance lessons and I wasnt going to let that happen. My desire was to see him finish his course and probably try something that would make his dream succeed.

" am sorry I won't tell him" I begun looking at him.

" and may you care to explain why not?" He chuckled teasingly. " I see you are afraid his too young to take responsibility and so now you agree with my words about him being young and naive."

" No, again you are wrong sir. I wont tell him because I know if I do he will be happy and would even want to come back home for his child. My greatest fear however, is that am not going to live that long and i know if Jay knew about my condition he will start worrying which will make him loose his focus. I dont want that for him. So yes, I will not tell him yet.

He might not come back to see me alive but I will pray God makes me deliver this child so that he will see the product of our love" I cried my heart to him.

I saw him look down at his shoes. It was evident my words struck him hard. I went on telling him about my condition and at the end when we both talked calmly I made him vow to never say a thing until Jay was done with his studies.

" I might die anytime soon but he has a while life ahead of him. I want him to be happy and so please I know he will not like this but it's for his own good."

We made a pact to keep the baby a secret and surprisingly Jay' s father kept in touch and even helped me with finances for the hospital bills. I had to remain under constant observations. The Doctor was hired to be coming to check on me until I finally gave birth.

I had almost died after delivery . The Doctors told me I remained unconscious for almost 5 hours and they all had lost hope of me making it out alive. .they told me it was a miracle I was still alive as my heart was now failing me. My baby was healthy.

Jay' s father came over to the hospital and I told him to help me find a nanny for the baby. Of which he gladly agreed to.

Months went on and my health didn't improve. It was in and out of the hospital.

I fought hard not to call Jay, I couldn't do so because my voice and the loss of weight would sell me out. The last thing I wanted was him loosing track of his career. With everything in me I prayed he would become successful.

One day his father came and told me as he always did about how Jay was fairing and that he was taking part in the World dancing competition. I smiled and told him I knew he was going to make it..

I watched all the shows of the competition on DSTV. With every stage getting more interesting seeing how he was determined and danced exceptionary.

I didn't get to watch the finale as I was rushed to the hospital that day.

I woke up and asked how it went and my brother told me he made it.

I relaxed in the hosptal bed knowing I would now die in peace." Tell him I love him so much and am proud of him" I told his father who had visited me.

" tell him...." I wanted to say and he cut me short

" you will come tell him yourself cause his on his way to you. He told the whole world he did it for you and my wife told me they are coming tomorrow."

" what? No way, I can't let him see me like this. It will kill him. Please tell him am out of town" I begged crying.

" I can't promise that my dear, you know him he wiIl look for you. So I have no option but to bring him. You tell him about that girl he fathered. I think its high time everyone knew the truth" he added seriously.

" I can't hide this from the family anymore Angela. Even if you think you are dying, give him the chance to say good bye. He deserves that don't you think?" He asked

I cried out not wanting to see his face when he saw how much I had lost. But his father had a point. I had to let him know about everything.

I sat in the bed when my sister in law came to visit me. I was taking some water when the door to the ward slowly opened.

I turned to look at who had walked in and my heart stopped for a bit when I saw him stand by the door way. He had grown so much and he looked more handsome than the last time I saw him. His well fitting clothes making him look like a movie star.

My eyes were fixed at him when I realised how sad he looked. His smile faded instantly and I saw tears run down his face as he stared my way without blinking.

I wished I had the strength to stand up and ran to him. But was so weak my body couldn't move.

I too started shedding tears and he rushed towards me holding me in a hug so close I felt his heart beat run faster.

" you came back?" I whispered sniffing the the tears from my eyes as my heart bled. The fear of dying so soon gripping my throat like never before. I wasn't as ready to go as I had initially thought.

To be continued

Read more Episodes - www.youngicee.com/stories/hidden-dream

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by DivineSpecial(f): 10:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Love!!! let a miracle happen please...
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hidden Dream - Episode 20

A Story By Tisa Phiri

Jay....

Holding her now small body in my arms I let the warm tears run my face. I couldn't help it, seeing my Angela so thin and pale made me feel so vulnerable.

She sobed softly in my arms holding me like she was afraid if she let go I would disappear.

After some minutes of having her in my embrace I pulled back and looked at her deep sad eyes. Her beauty was still evident even with the loss of weight.

She tried to smile but the curve of her mouth wasn't reaching beyond her cheekbone.

" when did this happen?" I finally found my voice. It was the first thing that came out of me.

" am sorry Jay, I didn't want to put you through so much pain. I wanted you to be happy and achieve your dreams. I didn't want to have you all worried about me and I asked your father to keep it a secret." She cried her voice so weak.

" I know he told me and I was very sad and upset when I heard the news. You two had no right to keep this from me. You should have trusted me more My love, I told you to keep me informed about everything in your life. How can you just shut me off like that? You have no idea how much I waited for your call or even a text. " I let it out. I couldn't get upset with her in her condition , I just went soft upon seeing her. .

" am sorry, I shut you off but am happy you are here now I can say my good bye. Am sure you and our baby will have a long and wonderful life togather" she sniffed..

" what? Where are you going and what do you mean our baby?" I questioned, surprised as I sat on the bed close to her.

" your father has not told you?" She looked outside where my father and her sister in law stood.

" No... He he only told me about your heart condition. What's going on love?"

She leaned her back to the bed and looked at me. I held her soft hand rubbing it gently

" tell me now please" I begged

She went on telling me how she found out she was pregnant for me and how the Doctor diagnosed her with some heart cancer. What she had to go through all alone to ensure she gave birth to our baby girl who she named Blessings.

I was numb for a moment my eyes filled with tears partly for joy I was a father and mostly for the news that she had only some limited time to live. She struggled to explain her condition to me and I just couldn't take it anymore...

" you are not dying Angela. You cannot die on me like that. No, no way. Am here now" I shifted closer to her as if my closeness would cure her.

" you can not give up on us my love, don't say that again cause am not taking this from you anymore. Please tell me you will fight hard to live please promise me. You made me promise to come back and here I am love. I came back for you please dont abandon me. I don't know anything about kids and I don't think I will manage to raise our baby without you. Come on Angela, tell me you will not die on me " I cried pleading my face wet with tears.

she was crying too and she shook her head all the way as I pleaded with her. " calm down my love," she held my wet face. " you have to be strong for all of us."

" Look at me, Jared" she shook my head to make my tearly eyes look at her.

" the doctors said I don't have enough time. You have to let me go my love, let me go please and be strong, you are stronger than you think. Just look at how far you have come. You are the strongest and most courageous man I know and I know you will make it with out me." She cried her face shaking.

"I can't Angela. I don't care what the Doctors say am going to take you out of here" I stood up.

" come on, we can find a specialist doctor any where in the World. You will see, you will be fine and strong again" I smiled teary.

She wiped her tears? Smiling at me. " you are special Jared Zimba, I really wish I had more time to live by your side."

" and you will Love, trust me. You will." I added.

I walked around panicking . She had lost all hope of living I could see her so weak as she lay down the bed. She had told me the Doctors told her the cancer had spread almost covering her entire heart. She said it was too late to even think of alternatives. My heart refused to accept that.

I went to see the Doctors later that day leaving her sleeping. I let her so that she could take some rest. I saw how tired she looked.

" Am sorry, what she told you is correct. There's nothing anyone can do to save her life now. Am even surprised she has reached this far she is so strong" the Doctor told me.

" sign some papers so that I fly her out of the country. Am sure I can find some doctors to help her outside this country"

The Doctor shook his head... " I understand your pain, Mr Zimba. But it's too late. Shes too weak to move any long distance. If there was a slight chance she would survive this, believe me I could have told you already. I grew fond of the young lady. She talked about you and how she loved you. She always mentioned your name. I have seen how much she has suffered but still holding on. I can't help her anymore and no one else can. All we have to do for now is hope for God' s intervention. Am sorry" he patted my back and left me stoned.

I ran outside the hospital to the back and cried out like a baby. I was lost of thoughts and words.

" No she can't die, please God , I know am not so much of a prayer person but hear me and save her life. I need her alive, I can't do this please help me here.I will do anything" I cried out.

After some minutes of crying myself out, I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to look at who touched me, just to find my father's hand on me.

" am so sorry Jared, you have to be strong for your daughter. I can take you to her now, she's outside with Angela' s brother" he informed me.

" thank you dad, it's just that it's so painful seeing her so weak. She's dying dad and I can't do anything about it. Why me? " I shouted in tears.

" what did I do? How can God bless me with so much money and now fame but take away the only person I have ever loved? How am I going to live without her, no dad, it's not fair. It's not fair" I sobbed as he pulled me in a hug and I cried out on him.

" it's okey sonny, you have to be strong my son, Angela needs you now more than ever and you can't keep on like this. Try to stay strong and give her hope. If you love her you have to fight to stay strong together. Come on now" he rubbed my back.

I stood straight sniffing and wiping my face. He was right I couldn't keep crying in front of Angela.

I followed him outside and saw my baby girl in a flayerd pink dress and some pink ribbons in her hair. She was now 2 years and some months and she looked more like he mother.

I held her close and kissed her.

" daddy!" She called me and I smiled widely. "Angela always showed her your pictures and told her about you everyday. She knows who you are" Angela's brother spoke up looking at us.

I felt tears coming from my eyes and I quickly rubbed them off walking around as I talked to Blessings. She was so adorable her smile exactly like that of her mother.

I spent time with baby Blessings until she left with Angela's brother. I had completely refused to go home.

I wanted to stay by her side and never leave.i tried to contact some people to ask for any expect Doctors who could help with her condition and the Doctor I was referred to from India asked for some medical details of which I sent tthrough email.

Now I was to wait for him to get back to me so I went to sit in Angela' s ward watching her sleep.

She woke up with a sigh. " hey!" I smiled at her tired face. Even after sleeping for a long time she still looked tired.

" hey my dancer! You are so handsome you know that?" She let a weak laugh.

" and you are the most beautiful woman I have ever known" I chuckled kissing her hand.

" how are you feeling?" I asked her

" am tired Jay, I feel so tired my heart is failing me. " she winced painfully.

" it's okey my love, I called some Doctor from India. He will get back to me after studying your case. There's hope for us my love." I tried so hard to smile

She however didn't answer. She ignored my statement and instead smiled..." Tell me about the competition and eveything that went on out there" she whispered

" sure?"

" Yeah, I want to hear it all Jay, every detail" she added.

"Okey I will tell you" I said moving into bed with her after throwing my shores down. I moved behind her back and made her lean on my chest as I wrapped my hands around her.

" do you feel okey with this?" I asked her when I was settled.

" never felt better!" She smiled closing her weak eyes.

I went on telling her all the details of my stay in Paris. By the time I was done it was mid night and she had dozzed off.

I slowly moved her to lay down on the pillow and she held my hand. " don't leave please" she whispered.

" Okey" , I nodded my head and pulled up the blankets wrapping my hands around her as she moved her warm body closer to me. She kissed my lips and I held on kissing her gently.

" I love you" I whispered in her face, my own close to her, I could breath in the warm air from her nostrils.

" I love you more. Don't leave my side " she murmered struggling to keep her eyes open.

" am not going anywhere my love. Am here" I whispered back but she was fast asleep. I doubted she even heard me.

I struggled not to cry besides her. Feeling her soft movements as she breathed slowly.

" I wish my heart can be divided to give her part of myself" I thought to myself.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/hidden-dream

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by DivineSpecial(f): 12:22am On Sep 23, 2019
Awwwn love
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by skubido(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2019
Hmmmmmm

Tanks for the update
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by izaray(f): 11:09am On Sep 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hidden Dream - Episode 21

A Story By Tisa Phiri

Jay.....

I had fallen asleep holding her close. Waking up, I looked at her sleepy face. She was still deep in sleep. Slowly I moved out of the bed and walked outside. After planting a kiss on her dry lips.

It was past 6am, I checked my mails to see if the Indian Doctor had sent anything but there was nothing, just some mails for the offers to perform at some dance shows in Paris and New York. I quickly responded telling the offerors to give me some time.

I had to make a call to Beverly, I just recalled I had not talked to her since I got back.

" You finally decide to call me. I bet the silence means you found her right? She asked in her high tone voice .

" hey Bev, how are You?" I ignored her response.

" am okey but I dont like the silence" she complained.

" am sorry I had to do something and I didnt pay attention to my phone. I found her yes and unfortunately she's very sick. Am at the hospital right now." I went on explanning.

" oh my God Jay, am trully sorry, I had no idea. What is wrong with her?" She asked.

After talking to Beverly I decided to take a walk outside. My thoughts were not clear, I needed time to think through things.

What was I to do if the Doctor confirms there's nothing they can do? I asked myself.

I wasn't ready to let her go.

I recalled the last video chat we had.Angela was so happy her face was beaming.

" hey mate! " she had smiled widely after answering my call.

" Hey teacher" I teased

She lay on her bed with a pillow placed high to lift her back.

" what's up? I missed you so much today. It's been a long day am sorry I didn't call you earlier"

" it's okey, I missed you too but I knew you would call me."

" hey so I was thinking, I want to start my own dancing school here in zambia. I love seeing people happy when dancing and I think we have a lot of untamed talent here"

" I think it's a great idea my love. You have a great passion and I love the way you look at this whole dancing thing. Just look at where I am bcause you encouraged me to take a step. You are a super woman you know that?" I let a laugh and I saw her blush.

" you are there because you deserve it Jay, I know for sure you will make it bigger than you have ever imagined and am gonna be so proud of you" she chuckled

" I love you" I went on making her smile.

" I know and I love you so much. So if we had a child what name would you give her or him?" She asked me

" mnmmm let's see " i sighed looking up. " I think the baby would be called Blessings." I finally uttered.

" wow! Why that name?" She laughed.

" well what else can I name my first child if not to identify how blessed I am. I was given a great talent by God and I had to fall in love with you the best woman I ever ever known. So yeah, am blessed and I would name the child ' Blessings' " I laughed as she did too.

We had chatted for a long time and after the baby talk I saw her facial expression a little bit sad. I couldn't get the reason for that but now I understood. It was about the same period she found out she was sick and pregnant . I wished she had told me earlier and she was right. I could have abandoned what I was doing to come be with her.

Her generosity and the sacrifice she had to make for me to complete my thing in Paris made me shed tears.

She was the one for me and I wasn't going to give up. I was lost in thoughts walking around when one of the nurses came running to me.

" are you Mr Zimba Jared?" She asked panting

I started walking back towards the wards before I could answer her question.

" yes what is going on Nurse?' I asked in between the long strides I was taking.

" The patient has been rushed to the ICU and before she was taken she called your name. The Doctor told me to come and call you" she explained and my heart raced. .

" Oh God. Take me to her Now!" I shouted trotting.

I found her connected to some machines. The Doctor told me it was to help her breath properly. " but what happened doctor, a few minutes ago i left her sleeping and she looked okey to me" I cried holding my head as I paced around.

" I told you her condition is delicate. We cannot guarantee her wellbeing. She is bound to have such lapses here and there. Shes gone through a lot and am afraid the cancer had has reached a fatal stage. Am sorry Mr Zimba " he added an walked away after telling me I could go in.

I stood my eyes wet looking at her face. She looked calm as usual, Like an Angel she was. I really wanted to stop my tears but they kept spilling off I hated myself for being so weak.

My mother came over with John and she held my hand leading me outside.

"She might not be looking Jared, but she can feel your emotions. Stay calm my son and don't cry in there. Your father told me everything and am so sorry you are going through this" she whispered wiping her own tears.

" she can not die on me mom, I love her. She has given us a baby and I want to raise her with her. Please help me to pray for her mother. Am not strong enough" I cried as she held me.

John patted my back and comforted me too. " you are going to go through all this together man, you are. Just be strong" he added

After 2 hours in the ICU. The doctors told me that Angela was able to breath on her own now and she was awake.

I left my mother and John and rushed to go to her..

" hey, you left me" she accused me her eyes on me but they looked so different. It was like she was looking at me but not really seeing me.

" no love. I just walked out a little bit. Am sorry. Am here now. You need anything?" I asked her sitting close.

" Yeah, I want to dance " she said without hesitation.

" What?" I asked shocked. She looked so weak I wondered how she would think of dancing.

" you are too weak my love, I promise I will dance with you when you are stronger" I tried to convince her. .

" No, I want to dance with you today my love. Please don't deny me this chance. Will you dance with me Jared Zimba? " she pleaded holding my hand and sitting up.

" here?" I asked her still surprised she insisted.

" a perfect place, for a perfect dance!" She smiled widely mimicking my words the time I danced with her in the bush.

I looked at her and saw the determination in her eyes. I lifted her to the floor and she stood straight.

" let's dance from the waiting hall, there's no enough space here" she smiled now her face lit up.

" of course my love, whatever you want" I smiled and led her to the waiting room.

There were a few people seated waiting to be attended to and others taking some fresh air from the wards.

She made me turn on her favourite song, " I will always love you" I placed the phone on the bench and increased the volume.

She smiled and opened her arms to invite me to hold her.

I held her in a balldance stance and she leaned her head on my chest holding my shoulder.

She lifted her head up looking at me as I kept mine on hers. What was in them was the pure kind of passion. If someone was to ask me at the moment what i was seeing, I would tell them i could see stars in her eyes.

We danced slowly and when the slow song finished the next one played on. It was my favourite and dedication to her. A Latin song, meaning " you are mine for eternity"

It was a bit fast and I pushed her slightly as she followed my move and turned around gracefully. In a moment all I could see was my lovely Angela, she was looking strong and her mouth kept on smiling. It was like that's where she wanted to be and the same for me.

We moved about and round the floor and I saw some crowds of people gathering others taking videos and photos whilst others kept smiling with so much admiration.

I turned my attention to my Angela. It didn't matter that they were all watching, what mattered was being with her. " I love you so much. Never should you forget this dance. And I want you to know this is the happiest day of my life."

"I know you love me Angela and I will never forget this dance" i smiled widely

" she slowed down and held me tight.

" it has been my greatest pleasure to have been your teacher Jared and more than an honour to have fallen in love with you. In a short time you have showed me there is love in this world. A love that is beyond age, culture, class or anything else for that matter. No matter what happens in your life know that I love you so much. I want you to continue exploring your hidden dream. Maximise every chance in life and live your dreams to the fullest"

" Angela..." I cut her short.

She smiled and shook her head to stop me from saying anything

" shshshshs" she whispered.

"Promise you are going to be happy, that you will not let anything bring you down. Promise me now Jay" she ordered

" Ang..." i almost responded and she leaned closer.

" please just promise" she insisted.

with tears in my eyes I whispered back.

" I promise"

She moved away for the last time and I held her back in an embrace.

" i will love you through death. Fare well my love. Be happy and take care of our child. Let her be a reminder of our pure love."

I was almost saying something back but she fall back.

" Angela!" I shouted aloud as I tried to hold her so she doesn't fall.

" My love open your eyes please" I cried when I felt her body go stiff. She wasn't moving and I knelt down holding her body in my arms.

She was quite and wasn't breathing.

Everything around me stopped. It was like I was lost in my own mind. I couldn't think, I couldnt move.

" noooo!" I screamed when the Doctor rushed to the scene too and held her. He placed his hand on her to feel her pulse, checking her and shook his head. ." Am so sorry Sir, she's gone" he announced

" No she can't.. Angela wake up please" I screamed like a child. Don't leave me My love please am still a child I need you to guide me. Angela please dont abandon me am so scared. I can't face the World alone please come back" I sobbed loudly.

John and my mother came and lifted me from the floor as they out put her in a strether covering her with a white clothe.

I escaped John's grip and ran after them like a mad man. Screaming her name loudly as people watched.

" come down man" John pleaded holding me still.

" she's gone John, don't you get it. She left me with our baby. She cannot do this to me man. She can't she told me she loved me. She can not give up so soon. I want her back. " I cried as he continuously patted my back.

" you have to stay strong man. It's what she would want for you. Be strong Jared " he whispered.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/stories/hidden-dream

2 Likes

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by DivineSpecial(f): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2019
Chai I cried while reading the dance part cause I knew it was time for her to kick the bucket

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by skubido(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2019
Hmmmmmm,

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by izaray(f): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2019
Sorry for the lost

1 Like

Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by Oyinprince(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2019
Hidden Dream - Episode 22

A Story By Tisa Phiri

2 years later.....

I was rushing for a meeting when the call came from Zambia. " Hey dad" I responded as I got into the vehicle.

" hey son, your mother and I were thinking about the issue of Blessings. We still feel she's still young. Won't you reconsider the decision to come and get her. Let her stay here a little bit longer. Your mother and i will make sure she's okey here."

" oh dad, am sorry. I know you all have grown fond of Blessings but I think its high time I live with her too. I miss her so much and seeing her after a long time is not doing me any good. I need my daughter with me. Am sure I can learn to take care of her. Besides am no longer that busy here. " i argued.

My parents had convinced me after Angela died that they would keep Blessings for some time until I was stable and wasn't mourning any more .

Angela's death left me broken. I remember the day she died. I was dragged to the car out side and was taken home. I however insisted I went to where the funeral was held, that was her brother's house. He had shifted to a different house within Avondale.

When I got there he was the one who welcomed me. Encouraging me to be strong.

I wondered why everyone wanted me to be strong. I felt so weak. I shut my ears so that I wouldn't hear what people were saying.

I went to her room and held her clothes close. Wishing for a moment someone would tell me it was all a dream and I would wake up and find her by my side.

I closed my eyes as the tears run down my face. " I miss you so much my love, I miss you and it's only been a day. What am I going to do after several days?" I cried laying in her bed and inhaling her scent.

I paced around her room and looked at her things. Then came across her small diary. Without hesitation I grabbed it and went to sit on the bed.

I flipped through the pages and went to 20th January,2011. And it read.

Dear diary,

Today was a great day. My students are catching up on the new steps and am so proud of them.

I saw a man, oh No, a boy Today, he was so handsome I couldn't stop looking at him. Anyway he's just a student.

27th January,

Dear diary,

What a day this was. I don't know What is wrong with me. I talked to Jared Zimba the boy who looked like he was fighting to join the dance group. I know he wants to. But my fear is that my heart races everytime I see him.

Any way I hope he joins the group soon. I can't wait to see him explore his hidden talent. Something tells me he's going to make a great dancer.

I slipped though the next pages and saw the last one.

Dear diary,

Am so much in pain. I feel like my heart is being pulled out of my chest.

Oh how I wish I had the courage to call my love Jay and tell him what am going through. But I can't. Why should I cut his dream short.? I have to let him me finish what he's doing so that his life can change for good. I know he will go through a lot of pain but i just pray he will learn to live without me.

I couldn't go on reading the diary. I put it away and lay in her bed. I was awakened the following day.

" It's time for burial. If you will come along we must be starting off now" her brother told me.

" Angela will be happy if you stood straight for your child and for yourself." He added sitting next to me.

" yeah I sighed wiping my eyes. I was still feeling sleepy even after sleeping for over 5 hours.

My father had brought me clothes to change as I had not moved out of the clothes I wore the time she died.

After a few minutes I changed into a black shirt and trousers. I had to place some dark sheds on my eyes. I couldn't have everyone notice how I would shed tears at the burial site. I had to say bye to her and so after everyone left I remained behind and talked to her. Hoping with everything, she would hear me.

" I miss you Angela. And honestly I don't know how to live without you. It was easy when you went quite because I knew you were still here somehow. But now that you have left me forever I don't seem to know the way out.

I wish you were here to even scold me for crying like a child" I chuckled kneeling besides her grave.

" I thought I would come here to say good bye but I can't yet. Am not ready to let you go my love. See you soon cause right now I have no words to tell you my heart is bleeding" I had frowned and left.

After a week I had not moved out a lot. Some media reporters had approached me for some interviews but I wasn't ready to face them.

The video of Angela and I dancing was all over the social meIda. With comments such as,

" World ballroom dancer's lover dies"

" The Amazing last Dance"

" Jay the Zambian Dancer mourns lover"

With lots of encouragement I started feeling better.

I recall when I talked to aunty Nelly.

" Jay I know and understand your pain. When I lost my son I had gone through a very rough patch in my life. I thought I would never forget the pain. But I can assure you God will find a way of comforting you. I believe everything happens for a purpose my son. Every human being was created for a purpose and maybe its high time you started looking at it in the way that Angela' s purpose in life came to an end." She explained sitting with me in the garden.

" but what purpose aunty Nelly.? She was still young and had a whole life ahead of her. Some people live for 90 or even 100 years. Why should her own life be shorter?" I frowned.

" well my son we can not question God now can we? . He gave and now has taken we have no right to question his deeds for he is God. He knows better and am sure he will make you fall in love again and just then you will understand what the purpose of Angela was."

I looked at her. She spoke so well but like they say it's easier said than done.

I didn't feel i was going to fall in love again. I had loved and now I had to go through the pain of losing her. My mind told me it wasn't possible to love again and I was okey with it.

My baby was all I had to love. Even when my parents talked me out of getting her to Paris, I painfully agreed only wanting her to have the motherly care before she could grow a little bit order. I knew with Aunty Nelly around she was going to be okey.

After 2 months of being in Zambia I decided to go back to Paris. I had to keep the promise I made to Angela. So I decided to take up the offers I had and started performing again.

Well, people were right. I never thought I would live without Angela but with time the pain become easier. At least I would mention her name without tears.

I missed her lots of course but I fought hard to forge ahead. She was my love and she would always be. No matter what. All I had to do is live my dream and I knew she was going to be proud of me.

I was lost in thoughts when I drove into the park. I had a few minutes before the meeting. I quickly grabbed my small file and walked towards the building.

" hey hold It!" I shouted.

The elevator was almost closing. I had to get in and I saw a lady hold it for me.

" thank You" I smiled at her.

" you are welcome Mr Jared!" She smiled back and I turned to look at her.

" well, I know who you are. You are my favourite dancer I don't miss your shows" she smiled like to answer my question.

" oh yeah, thank you" I responded.

" so late for a meeting?" She asked pointing at my file.

" Yeah, imagine I have to sign some contracts but I was held up in traffic. Busy day" I shrugged.

" nice to meet you lady" I smiled as I got to the floor I was going to.

" My pleasure. My name is Annie Bwalya" she smiled.

" oh Wow, you are Zambian" I sighed

" Of course, born and bred. I just came here for work" she added

" great , see you around Ms Bwalya" I smiled and walked on.

A week later I booked the flight to Zambia. I had to go and pick my daughter. All had been arranged. I found a school for her and I planned on getting Aunty Nelly to come live with us. She's the one I was trusting to help raise my daughter. All I needed was to convince her.

Beverly and i had not been as close after i returned. I was actually glad she had found a guy she fall in love with. Relieving me of the guilty of using her before. She was a nice person and I knew she derseved better. She was a hard working assistant and i knew I could depend on her for anything to do with work.

" Hello! We meet again!" I heard a familiar voice.

I turned to look at the direction of the voice and saw her sitting next to were I was heading to.

" Hey Annie Right?" I greeted her.

" a good memory you have there !" She smiled cheerfully.

I sat next to her. " going home?" She asked

" yeah am going to get my daughter I want her close to me " I nodded.

" well that's great. Am sorry I saw the sad news on the media. It must be hard to lose your loved one."

" Yeah, it is. " i sighed

" what about You? Where to? Home? " I asked trying not to stay on the story of my lose.

" yeah, my parents are celebrating their 40 th anniversary. So I had to go you know, celebrate with them. All my sister's and brothers are going."

" mmmh that's great 40 years.. Wow! Am impressed. Say my congratulations to them" I chuckled.

We talked almost the whole way. She was easy to talk to. She told me she was a nurse working in one of the hospitals in Paris. She had graduated from UTH in Zambia about 3 years back.

Her parents were both retired. Her mother was a nurse too and her father a Doctor.

She asked a lot of questions about me but I loved the fact she was very sensitive and avoided some more personal questions.

I realised she loved seeing people dance but she laughed as she told me she had always wanted to dance.

" I would love to learn more about dancing. I wouldn't mind knowing some few moves. I think there's more to dancing than people see. It just gives me so much pleasure seeing people happy when they dance" she smiled.

Her last words reminding me so much of the way Angela used to say them.

I looked at her and smiled.

" what? " She asked shrugging.

" Nothing, I like your way of thought about Dancing " I sat back smiling.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/stories/hidden-dream
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by skubido(m): 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: HIDDEN DREAM - A Romance Novel by DivineSpecial(f): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
Na so love they take start

(1) (2) (Reply)

Translate I Miss You To Igbo Language / End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 / Evil Seduction: A Short Picture Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.