Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk (25762 Views)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
Now I get you are demented. The Euro tourney is independent just as the Nation's League is independent. This is about the first time any continent would have two tourneys other than their main. You claim there is no automatic qualification into the Euro tourney for winning the Nation's League. Was there any any point I mentioned this? You used the FA and EPL as your case study which clearly shows you are out of touch with this subject matter, perhaps there is an automatic qualification into the World for winning a continental tournament. Your cluessless is dumbfounding!

What are the benefits of Copa America or the Euro? Does it guarantee you an automatic spot into the World Cup? The DEFENDING CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD CUP NO LONGER GETS AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION AND YOU ARE BLEATING THIS RUBBISH with all arrogance and Stupidity. Should we then argue that the World Cup is a World Friendly tournament?

Ode ni bobo yìí sha grin

The biggest goat alive.
Benefits of winning the Euro and Copa America gives you a spot in the confederations cup Goat.
Mention one benefits for winning Uefa nations league cow?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
Now I get you are demented. The Euro tourney is independent just as the Nation's League is independent. This is about the first time any continent would have two tourneys other than their main. You claim there is no automatic qualification into the Euro tourney for winning the Nation's League. Was there any any point I mentioned this? You used the FA and EPL as your case study which clearly shows you are out of touch with this subject matter, perhaps there is an automatic qualification into the World for winning a continental tournament. Your cluessless is dumbfounding!

What are the benefits of Copa America or the Euro? Does it guarantee you an automatic spot into the World Cup? The DEFENDING CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD CUP NO LONGER GETS AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION AND YOU ARE BLEATING THIS RUBBISH with all arrogance and Stupidity. Should we then argue that the World Cup is a World Friendly tournament?

Ode ni bobo yìí sha grin

The biggest goat alive.
Benefits of winning the Euro and Copa America gives you a spot in the confederations cup Goat.
Mention one benefits for winning Uefa nations league cow?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Baselm: 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
If there was a chance someone might give messing serious challenge,it had to be a Man City player, say Sterling (EPL,FA cup, EFL) or Bernardo Silva(EPL, FA cup, EFL and UNL). It is surprising they aren't in the reckoning for the top 10.
In my own opinion, Sterling was the best player in the premier league last season, he was terrorising defences from the first day of the season to the last, his goals,assists, workrate, runs, dribbles are breathtaking. VVD won it based on hype.

The best Liverpool option would have been ALISSON BECKER (UCL, Copa America),EPL, UCL and Copa golden gloves too, but the VVD hype has blinded them from seeing the obvious.

I still maintain that it is no big feat for a CB to be undribbled all season, I'll be impressed if it was a FB or DM.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by GEEBITE: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
Cos he does his job immaculately or is football only for strikers? Read about Fabio Cannavaro
Sapiosexuality:
I don't get this Van Dijk hype. I mean Ramos was better for years and no one dared bring his name in the Ballon D'Or debate. Terry was on that form. Vidic was on it. And all of sudden this dude should be world best. How exactly?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Baselm: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
GEEBITE:
Cos he does his job immaculately or is football only for strikers? Read about Fabio Cannavaro

Pique has won the treble twice, Ramos and Varane won three consecutive UCLs, Varane even won the UCL and world cup last summer as the mainstay of both Real Madrid and France's Defense, so what has set VVD apart to be considered the best player in the world?? IMHO, he isn't even the best player at Liverpool. I agree he should be in the reckoning, but to say he deserves to win.....

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nathdoug201: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
I don't get this Van Dijk hype. I mean Ramos was better for years and no one dared bring his name in the Ballon D'Or debate. Terry was on that form. Vidic was on it. And all of sudden this dude should be world best. How exactly?
every human Carries different grace bro..vvd grace is different from the rest defenders you mentioned..
Remember canavaro a defender won the title as well..
May God's grace be on you bro
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MachadoPreto: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
candygist:

The FIFA state it that for you to be the world best you should play for different team ?

No profession states that but it's an edge we all know at some point of our career to rejevenate it. It's human to seek more challenges and fronts at a peak. It draws you close to a perfectionist.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by owila4luv(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
Igbosmoker:
Messi deserves 2019 ballon d'or--VvD
Messi should win this year ballon--mpabbe
Messi deserve 2019 world best--mane

If messi is deny this year world best player just know the entire system is rigged
what qualifies the dwarf for the award? did he win copa America? No! Did He Win Champions League? No! So What Achievement Made You Think So?

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by owila4luv(m): 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
Igbosmoker:
stop crying and bow down to the GOAT messi.

6 balloon d'or loading
6 golden boots
Over 600 goals.

Messi
apart from the usual domestic league what has he won for the past two seasons?

2 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by GEEBITE: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
You know your football well.Thumbs up
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]

Ode ni bobo yìí sha grin
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by GEEBITE: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
Were they the x-factor in them winning it?
Baselm:

Pique has won the treble twice, Ramos and Varane won three consecutive UCLs, Varane even won the UCL and world cup last summer as the mainstay of both Real Madrid and France's Defense, so what has set VVD apart to be considered the best player in the world?? IMHO, he isn't even the best player at Liverpool. I agree he should be in the reckoning, but to say he deserves to win.....
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by NoBetterNigeria: 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2019
And who told you only the players will vote? Against Sneidjer it was not rig bah? Henry time nko

Igbosmoker:

If messi is deny this year world best player just know the entire system is rigged
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MichaelUweh(m): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
Leo MESSI all the way for ballon di"or 2019.....No player on earth can challenge the real gOAT...
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by LordAdamX: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
Baselm:

Because in each of those years those monsters played, Messi and Ronaldo overshadowed them.

No one would give Pique best player for winning a treble when Messi is there. No one would Varane or Ramos best player for winning three consecutive UCLs when Ronaldo is there.

Last year Salah made the cut ahead of VVD because he was unplayable. This year Salah and Mane didn't really have the edge over VVD. And Messi and Ronaldo were not in the Final.

Seriously, Ronaldo had more goals than Salah and Mane in the UCL even though he had a red card and crashed out in the QF.

Trust me if either of Messi or Ronaldo had gotten into the final, VVD would not be in the top 3.

Context dude, context!

-Lord

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by danteenoni: 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
Merimental:

check his stats Mate.
hasn't been dribbled since last season.

d streak goes on!
That's not true. Gabriel Jeses dribbled past him
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by PurestBoy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2019
[quote author=retake89 post=81273706][/quote]

Was Sneijder the best Inter Milan, Seria A or Dutch player in 2010?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by HenryInno1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

CR7
Oh ok...u were Talking about the tap in merchant
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Codes151(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
What did Messi do last season?

Argentina... f9
Ucl ... f9
League... c

Ronaldo.

Ucl.... B
Portugal...A
League A.

Abegi

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Beverlyjean(f): 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
owila4luv:
apart from the usual domestic league what has he won for the past two seasons?

Past 5 seasons

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by owila4luv(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Past 5 seasons
is that all? smh
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by SimonEvia: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
Igbosmoker:

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by kendrick93(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
I mean was he better than Ramos, Vidic or Terry? How come nobody brought up the idea of Ramos or Terry winning the Ballon D Or. I think the English Press is messing with people's heads.
when was Ramos ever good defensively?
he was known more for goals and leadership....
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by LORDKing001: 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
WarriAproko:
lol. Forget about trophy. Who play individual.

Individual originate from team. No trophy no award.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Alanpoza007: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

And how he fails to work outside Spain

Give it to a man who has replicated dominance across continents. History will never forget that fact.
You have no point. Messi, a player who has won multiple Champions League and destroyed the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Bayern Munich has failed to work outside Spain?
Who is the man that has replicated dominance across continents? Surely not Ronaldo cos he has done next to nothing in the World Cups he has participated in. He won the European Championship and UEFA Nations League with Portugal, all within Europe. So where's the dominance across continents please? Stop talking nonsense. Messi has played the final of the World Cup with Argentina in 2014 where they were unlucky to lose to Germany because idiots like Higuain refuse to step up. The National team trophies you guys attribute to Ronaldo, he was no where to be found in the finals, other players stepped up- Eder in 2016 vs France in the European Championship and then Bernardo Silva and Guedes in the UEFA Nations League final 's Netherlands this year.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Baselm: 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
GEEBITE:
Were they the x-factor in them winning it?

was Van dijk the Xfactor in Liverpool winning?
Liverpool lost like 3 times with VVD in the UCL last season including a 3-0 demolition by Messi led Barcelona, even the 4-0 reverse wasn't because of any outstanding performance of his, it was due to Coutinho and Suarez's wastefulness, the defense was split by Messi's passes time and again.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by sssoulw(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
I have been waiting for this sweet comment.... VVD is overhyped asf
Defender wey dey dodge dribble is that wan defender?
Sapiosexuality:
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by NaijaDonCast(m): 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
Wailing barkadog
MrMou:
Mane, you better calm down! The tap-in merchant in Juventus & his deluded sycophants will cry o!
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Deepfreezer(m): 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
Baselm:

was Van dijk the Xfactor in Liverpool winning?
Liverpool lost like 3 times with VVD in the UCL last season including a 3-0 demolition by Messi led Barcelona, even the 4-0 reverse wasn't because of any outstanding performance of his, it was due to Coutinho and Suarez's wastefulness, the defense was split by Messi's passes time and again.
hhahhahhaha so you are still crying? They just won the UEFA Super cup. Cry no more cheesy
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MachadoPreto: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
Alanpoza007:

You have no point. Messi, a player who has won multiple Champions League and destroyed the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Bayern Munich has failed to work outside Spain?
Who is the man that has replicated dominance across continents? Surely not Ronaldo cos he has done next to nothing in the World Cups he has participated in. He won the European Championship and UEFA Nations League with Portugal, all within Europe. So where's the dominance across continents please? Stop talking nonsense. Messi has played the final of the World Cup with Argentina in 2014 where they were unlucky to lose to Germany because idiots like Higuain refuse to step up. The National team trophies you guys attribute to Ronaldo, he was no where to be found in the finals, other players stepped up- Eder in 2016 vs France in the European Championship and then Bernardo Silva and Guedes in the UEFA Nations League final 's Netherlands this year.

Played final but did not win grin grin grin

Ronaldo was a force in all his career. We all have television Oga
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by EdiskyHarry: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2019
[quote author=Sapiosexuality post=81273283]I don't get this Van Dijk hype. I mean Ramos was better for years and no one dared bring his name in the Ballon D'Or debate. Terry was on that form. Vidic was on it. And all of sudden this dude should be world best. How exactly?
Do you even know wat u are typing, are you comparing van dijk with Ramos, john terry and vidic? Av u been watching this seasons football?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by ehiski: 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

Give it to a man who has replicated dominance across continents. History will never forget that fact.
Has Ronaldo won anything outside Europe?
Messi has played world cup final
He has won FIFA U20 world cup
and Olympic gold medal, haba tell me anything Ronaldo has won outside Europe.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

what is a continent oga?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Childhood Pictures Of Some World Famous Footballers / Ighalo Leaves Watford, Completes Yatai Medical / USA (W) Vs Nigeria (D'tigress) - Women. World Championship Quarterfinal Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.